It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did this woman, become a saint? Ridiculous.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Hitchens performed for the church as a counter attacker for why she should not be proclaimed a saint, which he 'gladly' took up.

I'd have to really dig for the hardcore evidence, but i'm not afraid of no battle.

like us in the hood say, 'you scurred go to church'.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This thread should get a lot of play with ATS's

Anti-Catholics
Anti-Christian
Anti-God
Anti-Insert your favorite punching bag here...

As far as Mother Teresa goes this thread sounds like a cheap witch hunt. Where a bunch of bashers who probably never have lifted a finger to help someone less fortunate than themselves simply get off bashing somebody who at least was working with the less fortunate.

The thing is I could care less if somebody decided after she died and which she had nothing to do with calls her a saint. As far as all the money she collected. [Excuse me] I mean all the money that was sent to the Church. Sorry I got caught up with the rhetoric myself.

I would ask the church where it went and how it was distributed if in fact it ever was. Blunt needles? Yeah well have any of you ever been to the poorest sections of India during those periods? Remember this is the India of the 70s and 80s not the Present day India. There was no health care for the poor and homeless. So as far as I'm concerned they did a great job with what they had before the "Money" started rolling in.

I reread some of what the people who bash her have written. I'm not of her faith but I can tell you this Good/Bad/Indifferent She did a HELL of lot more for the less fortunate than any of you that's for DAMN sure.

There I'm finish don't waste your time waiting for me respond to your responses to this reply.

IT simply wont matter.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I donate blood on the recommended schedule the donation center sets for me.

I donate what I have, and I don't really talk about it, because it's not anything.

I never went around accepting medals for this, If she really was think of the medals and honors she earned, I hardly doubt a humble person would of ever taken this.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the 'bashers' on this certain thread, were devout givers yet never would proclaim it. As there near OCD humbleness wouldn't allow it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Once again, vested interest in soiling any so called "religious" figure.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Once again, vested interest in attacking a member on ats, that doesn't affect you at all.

Severe vested interest.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Hitchens performed for the church as a counter attacker for why she should not be proclaimed a saint, which he 'gladly' took up.

Oh I didn't know that! That throws this into a new light. Damn, I wish the videos were subtitled

Yes, more hard evidence is needed. All he could find is this woman who was one of her sisters. Maybe something happened and she was very angry?

I mean... this is one woman going against Mother Teresa. Where are the others? Like slay (the poster above me) said, would it be better to ask the church where the money went. Dirty or blunt needles? Where is the hard evidence other than what this woman said?

In any case, you are right. It's ridiculous that ANYBODY is made a saint. NO ONE is better or worse than any one else!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Religion came to exist for one generation to pass down the knowledge of God and living a life of morality to the next generation. See this is why the world is so screwed up now, because many people have stopped passing down this knowledge and it is to the detriment of a good society and now we are expected to just tolerate everyone else's negative behaviors.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What did she do that was so great? Watching people die? A kid just needed an operation and they wouldn't even take him to the hospital? That is messed up stuff.

Meanwhile, she goes around the world to all these leaders, and accomplishes what exactly? Praises, medals and awards along with cash donations?

I'm not fan of abortion, but calling it the biggest problem in the world? And then at the same time claiming not to be political.

I have to look at the fruits.

Labeling it all those things was just a way to avoid the topic. Please post evidence to the contrary, because I would not want to have a bad opinion of someone if they did do good things.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Even if this were what motivates, and there is a strong possibility that is the case given the OP other threads and views. One must be able to look at things in an honest matter, and not base judgment on individual motives beyond that individual.

Meaning, his biases and motives have no bearing on the real truth behind the topic itself, and should be viewed with an open mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Geez slipping into victim mentality when being questioned is running rampit lately.

Either way, each of the sources you provide covers her claims and does not establish her credentials which is what I was talking about. Also, each site you provided are also biased websites with a particular agenda they make no bones about stating. So, now, do you have a site that establishes her credentials beyond her just saying she is?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I was talking about the websites.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Religion came to exist for one generation to pass down the knowledge of God and living a life of morality to the next generation. See this is why the world is so screwed up now, because many people have stopped passing down this knowledge and it is to the detriment of a good society.

I don't think so.

Philosophy is passed on from generation to the next one.

Knowledge of God? You do not get that from your parents or anyone else or even the holy scriptures. You come to the knowledge YOURSELF and ONLY YOU.

Religion was created to control the masses. Pure and simple.

I bet you this: Mother Teresa was created to further the cause of Catholic Church. It means more people joining the Catholic Church or any religion. Good strategy here! More control. More money. Man, if I was living back then, and I realized this, I would create a new religion just to make tons of money and to control the masses. Wait, my conscience got the best of me.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I would have to argue that is organized religion.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

She was big in India.

Roman Catholic nun with Indian citizenship[4] who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata (Calcutta), India in 1950. For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity's expansion, first throughout India and then in other countries.

wiki

[edit on 7-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I was talking about the websites.

I just try to judge based on what is true and right and wrong, rather than who is all.

1 thing I did like about her in the movie was the chemical spill thing, where she told them to forgive. I thought that was pretty great, so I give her a star there.

The weird thing about that part, is I didn't even know about that spill until a few days ago, and now I've heard about it twice since then.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I don't think so.

Philosophy is passed on from generation to the next one.

Knowledge of God? You do not get that from your parents or anyone else or even the holy scriptures. You come to the knowledge YOURSELF and ONLY YOU.

We are not talking about Philosophy we are talking about morality and the knowledge of the behavior that pleases God. Wouldnt you find that to be valuable to pass to your children?

Certainly individuals may experience God in different ways, but there are certain requirements a person must adhere to in order to maximize their relationship with God. That is why people passed this knowledge down, to help their children succeed.

Religion wasnt created to control the masses it was created to teach the masses so they didnt fall into the foolish behavior that makes for a bad life and so they would avoid participating in behaviors that God finds disgusting.

Sure some people abuse Religion as a means to gain power over others but it is not the doctrine of the religions fault it is the fault of the person using it as a tool of manipulation.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Yea it's funny that such a "horrible" person was given a state funeral by the very people she supposedly didn't help.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I would have to argue that is organized religion.

What? That is redundant.

According to Wiki:

A religion is an organized approach to human spirituality which usually encompasses a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power, God or gods, or ultimate truth.

en.wikipedia.org...

As opposed to:

Spirituality is matters of the spirit, a concept often (but not necessarily) tied to a spirit world, a multidimensional reality and one or more deities.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing organized about this.

Spirituality is PERSONAL. It's between you and the universe (or gods, goddesses or whatever). Nothing organized about this. This is like saying that my relationship with my girlfriend is organized. Yeah right

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You see, I prefer mirriam-webster for definitions as wikipedia can and does sway to the whims of popular oppinion at times.

Main Entry: re·li·gion
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈli-jən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back — more at rely
Date: 13th century
1 a : the state of a religious b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

[rul]http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion[/url]

After all, Wicca for example is considered a religion yet it is not in the least bit organized.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

We are not talking about Philosophy we are talking about morality and the knowledge of the behavior that pleases God. Wouldnt you find that to be valuable to pass to your children?

Morality is inherent. That cannot be taught by parents. We are born with the knowledge ALREADY. As we grow up, the knowledge is corrupted by religion of the parents and society.

"Behavior that pleases God"? Who said that? How do you know that certain behaviors will please or displease God?

Certainly individuals may experience God in different ways, but there are certain requirements a person must adhere to in order to maximize their relationship with God.

Requirements? Which requirement? The Catholic Church? Baptist Church? Islam? What?

Religion wasnt created to control the masses it was created to teach the masses so they didnt fall into the foolish behavior that makes for a bad life and so they would avoid participating in behaviors that God finds disgusting.

Take a look at the world. Christians consider some of the behaviors of Muslims disgusting and Muslims consider some of the behaviors of Christians disgusting. See the pattern? Yes, religions was created to control the masses or to sow discord.

Sure some people abuse Religion as a means to gain power over others but it is not the doctrine of the religions fault it is the fault of the person using it as a tool of manipulation.

Religion = people
People = religion

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join