It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town hall meeting goes crazy..over obama's citizenship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
"they" are working from ignorance.
The lady in this video is a great example. "US birth certificate"? IF she can show me that thing i will pay here with this shiny brand new 1250 dollar bill.

If you are born in Hawaii you have either a "certification of life birth" or a "certificate of life birth", depending on when it was issued, because they changed the wording.
There *IS* no other document he could show. Or any other person born in hawaii for that matter. Demanding something else is akin to demanding a Californian BC from someone born in Kansas.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Where did she get a birth certificate from the United States of America? I have a birth certificate from the State of Michigan, I have never seen a birth certificate from the United States of America.

My guess is that none of you have a birth certificate from the United States of America. I bet you have birth certificates from the state you were born in.

So what are we to believe about this video?

Is this woman the only person in America who IS qualified to be POTUS as she has a birth certificate from the United States of America? Or are we to believe that a signed, sealed, and verified birth certificate from the individual state that a person was born in is good enough proof?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why the hell did they all stand up and say the Pledge of Allegiance?

She's up there showing her Birth Certificate, yelling about the flag and WW II, and then everyone starts saying the Pledge! Are you kidding me?

This whole topic, though a gigantic waste of time and resources, is certainly entertaining!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i like how all the republicans up front stood there with their mouths open, they couldn't believe that their own people believed this crap...it looked like even THEY were looking at this crowd as being crazy lunatics.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Because the people that buy into this garbage are occupied and therefore not a threat to what Obama IS doing to this country.

They are so obsessed with this non issue that they don't bother looking into this man's policies. They don't bother really scrutinizing the what was it again 900 billion dollar stimulus money.

This is why I think that Obama doesn't release his long form birth certificate. Besides the fact that he:

1) Released his short form birth certificate.

2) That even if he did release his long form birth certificate, no one would believe it anyway.

3) Doesn't have to under the 4th Amendment protecting his personal papers.

So as long as this birth certificate issue keeps the people that would otherwise be his most argumentative detractors busy, he is free along with all the other criminals in politics to do what they please to this country without fear of being found out.

This would be a textbook classic case of Disinformation and Deflection. An issue arises that takes focus away from things that would really be damning, and so instead of putting the issue to bed, they perpetuate it and make sure that no one forgets it. They do everything they can to make sure this issue is just enough of a nuisance to deflect focus away from bills and laws being passed without the Congress reading them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by TheAmused

Where did she get a birth certificate from the United States of America? I have a birth certificate from the State of Michigan, I have never seen a birth certificate from the United States of America.

My guess is that none of you have a birth certificate from the United States of America. I bet you have birth certificates from the state you were born in.

So what are we to believe about this video?

Is this woman the only person in America who IS qualified to be POTUS as she has a birth certificate from the United States of America? Or are we to believe that a signed, sealed, and verified birth certificate from the individual state that a person was born in is good enough proof?

Form FS-240
8-25-59
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
FOREIGN SERVICES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
REPORT OF LIVE BIRTH ABROAD
OF A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Stamped with "Triplicate" at the top, AMERICAN EMBASSY (CONSULATE crossed out and replaced by typed word "Embassy") signed by Vice Consul of the United States of America.

FORM APPROVED
BUDGET BUREAU NO. 47-R116.2

Name of Child in Full
Sex
Date of Birth
Hour
Place of Birth in Full

The following items must be completed FOR both father and mother;
ITEM: Full name (Also give mother's name before marriage)
Date of Birth
Present Address
Address in United States
Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - If Alien Show Nationality (For naturalization certificate give date and place of naturalization and number of certificate)
Precise Periods of Physical Presence in United States
Precise Periods of Any Service Abroad in the Armed Forces of TUSA

Place of Marriage
Date of Marriage
Signature of Parent, Physician, or other person having knowledge of Birth

(When reported by mail use this form) (When reported in person use this form)

The very bottom section has the header "American Consulate (crossed out and replace with) Embassy

At ________________________ _____________________, 19__

The information was furnished by (father, mother, physician, nurse, other person having knowledge of birth) and supported by the documents listed below. This report has been executed in triplicate, copy issued to parents, copy transmitted to Department of State, Washington, and a copy placed in the archives of this office.

Child's hospital birth certificate forwarded to Dept. herewith. Mother's birth certificate previously forwarded to Dept. in application for passport completed on June 27, 1961 at Tokyo, Japan.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
"they" are working from ignorance.
The lady in this video is a great example. "US birth certificate"? IF she can show me that thing i will pay here with this shiny brand new 1250 dollar bill.

If you are born in Hawaii you have either a "certification of life birth" or a "certificate of life birth", depending on when it was issued, because they changed the wording.
There *IS* no other document he could show. Or any other person born in hawaii for that matter. Demanding something else is akin to demanding a Californian BC from someone born in Kansas.

Certification of LIFE birth? Certificate of LIFE birth? What the heck are you talking about? I hope that's not what OB showed because that would really set off some red flags.

See, I can do it too. I'm pretty sure you mistyped as I'm pretty sure that in the heat of the moment that lady misspoke.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Than apparently she IS the only person qualified to be POTUS.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gargamel

Oh no, people can't misspeak. That's impossible. Obama - "continent of his birth" quote

No one ever misspeaks. It's an impossibility. That would mean all sorts of people on this issue might just be wrong.

[edit on 7/21/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I pledge allegiance ((The Pledge of Allegiance to the United States flag is an oath of loyalty to the Republic of the United States of America) to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands.

So the flag represents the loyalty we feel for our Republic of USA.

One nation, (Under God) indivisible (unable to divide us :flame
with liberty and justice for all.

After a proclamation by President Benjamin Harrison, the Pledge was first used in public schools on October 12, 1892 during Columbus Day observances. This date was also significant as it was the dedication day of the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois. Bellamy thought that the pledge itself and the involvement of children across the country would be a fine show of national solidarity.

Seems like a joke doesn't it?

They all stood up in solidarity with one another reciting the Pledge and reaffirming their loyalty to their country as a Republic and liberty (freedom) and justice (equal under the law) for ALL.

I don't see anything to make fun of except the ridiculous attitudes of some of you who think its funny to see America crumble from its glory through the apathy and derision of uninformed, techno-brats whose every belief is derived from someone else's popular opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Hazelnut

Than apparently she IS the only person qualified to be POTUS.

Apparently I am also qualified along with her! Since the info I posted above is copied directly from MY Department of State (United that is) REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

To me the issue is very simple. The documentation that has been provided does not prove that he was born on US soil as people not born in Hawaii were able to obtain that document. The document that would prove he was indeed born in Hawaii has not been produced.

Produce the document and get on with things if only for the sake of displaying the transparancy that he claims his government will have.

It doesn't matter that much to me as I'm not even an American but the whole situation seems pretty shady to me.

The POTUS essentially works for the American people. I know in my job if my employer asked me to produce a document to prove that I am elegible to do the work I was hired to do I would either produce it or be fired.

But as many have said there are many bigger issues that are going on right now, the only problem is that the POTUS is eyeball deep in most of those issues and it would really be a shame if he was proven to be a fraud.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

The desperation in the 'birth certificate' movement is hilarious.

It HAS been proven, beyond a doubt that Obama was born in Honolulu Hawaii.

No it wasn't.

There was even a birth announcement in the local paper on the day of his birth.

Yeah and Obama never lived at that address

His birth certificate has been disclosed.

No it wasn't

But those who just can't stand having Obama as president just can't let go and critique on based on reality

Bummer for you guys, at least he doesn't have to worry about you all doing anything productive that could actually give him a hard time.

hehe I can't wait till they fry this thug for the many crimes he has already surpassed Bush and in just 6 mos.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Oh no, people can't misspeak. That's impossible. Obama - "continent of his birth" quote

No one ever misspeaks. It's an impossibility. That would mean all sorts of people on this issue might just be wrong.

They not only miss speak, they, like you, miss the entire point, Regardless of whether it said african or not, "African" was never used as a term for race. Now what ya gonna say, "Gee haven't you ever screwed up on the same issue twice?? " "Well that's all that this is about, too, they just keep screwing up"

While whatukno keeps making excuses for them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is good reason to be suspicious:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

To me the issue is very simple. The documentation that has been provided does not prove that he was born on US soil as people not born in Hawaii were able to obtain that document. The document that would prove he was indeed born in Hawaii has not been produced.

It has been verified by the state of Hawaii that they do have a copy of his birth certificate on file. However, you as a citizen do not have access to that copy. I don't care if he is the president. He is still covered under the 4th Amendment.

Produce the document and get on with things if only for the sake of displaying the transparancy that he claims his government will have.

Oh come ON! If people actually bought that line of bull dunk that his administration was going to be open and transparent. They should have their head examined. Bush promised all sorts of things that weren't true too. So did Clinton, so did Bush the elder, so did Reagan...

Really stop harping on a campaign promise everyone should have known was complete horse manure.

It doesn't matter that much to me as I'm not even an American but the whole situation seems pretty shady to me.

The POTUS essentially works for the American people. I know in my job if my employer asked me to produce a document to prove that I am elegible to do the work I was hired to do I would either produce it or be fired.

Well, because you never voted for a president in your entire life, that kinda rules out any qualifications you may hold to examine his 4th Amendment protected personal papers now doesn't it?

But as many have said there are many bigger issues that are going on right now, the only problem is that the POTUS is eyeball deep in most of those issues and it would really be a shame if he was proven to be a fraud.

That's the operative phrase isn't it? "If he was proven to be a fraud." As of yet all people have are accusations based on bad data. As of yet, people have no evidence of their own to substantiate a claim. So please show me the evidence. And as the accuser, it is the people that believe in this bull dunk conspiracy that are required to prove his guilt. (To the House of Representatives by the way)

It is not up to the President to prove his innocence. As far as it goes, the Electoral College Voted for him, The Congress Confirmed him, and the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS swore him into office.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
There is good reason to be suspicious:

You'll have to tell me, because I can't debate with a video. It only talks and never listens.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Cypher-X]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It has been verified by the state of Hawaii that they do have a copy of his birth certificate on file.

So what? That point is moot when trying to decide if he is a natural born citizen.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cypher-X
You'll have to tell me, because I can't debate with a video. It only talks and never listens.

Oh well, your loss.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It is not up to the President to prove his innocence. As far as it goes, the Electoral College Voted for him, The Congress Confirmed him, and the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS swore him into office.

Who did? names? anyone we can ask?

Thanks

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join