It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town hall meeting goes crazy..over obama's citizenship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Most informed individuals are saying it would go to Pelosi.

I am guessing Biden would take over until a special election could be held, but who knows! It is uncharted territory!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It would be unprecedented and I don’t think there is a plan currently in place to mitigate the damages. If I were to guess, the path of least resistance would be to promote Biden on temporary status until a new election can be run. If you eliminate the leadership all of the way down to Pelosi, then we expose ourselves to more confusion and drama than necessary. Just a guess. I can just see Pelosi vying for the office in her backroom meetings as we speak.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That was awesome!

I only wish the woman would have specified 'natural born citizen' instead of just a 'U.S. citizen'. I'm sure she meant natural born but got caught up in the moment. Anyway, good for her and good for the town meeting.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Citizen or not, the bitch certificate agenda is one of the only straws many of the American people can grab in order to do "their" best to try and denounce this horrible president.

Like some of you say...

"A natural born citizen doesn't make him a bad president".

I agree completely!

He himself makes a bad one. What he has done so far is bad, and the direction he is going is bad.

What crashed this economy IMO is this.

1.Economy is stable.
2.Mass debt/credit is issued, and the "sale" of products increases dramatically, giving an artificial boost to the economy.
3.People then have to save to pay off their debt, to save for another product, and/or pay fees on late payments. Such a long period of debt stalls everything...and it just collapses from one chain to another.

That is how "I" see it.

Now, add all of Obamas new taxes that are coming in and bailouts, devaluing the dollar even more, and you got yourself a mess!

The strange thing is, I truly believe he is smarter than this. So that also makes me believe he is not working towards restoring the economy, but introducing a bigger government and repaying people who has helped him along the way.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It appears that nobody on this thread is interested in facts about this issue.

We think our colleagues at PolitiFact.com, who also dug into some of these loopy theories put it pretty well: "It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible. But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over."

In fact, the conspiracy would need to be even deeper than our colleagues realized. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:

Source: www.factcheck.org...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by truthtothemasses]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
It appears that nobody on this thread is interested in facts about this issue.

No, it appears that you are buying the MSM line of thinking hense you are brainwashed.

Look, this has been discussed numerous times in numerous threads. The so called birth certificate that Obama has shown is only a certificate of live birth and NOT an actual birth certificate. Please do some research and find out the difference.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

So I'm brainwashed if I accept his certification of birth as being real?? Really?

I don't listen to the MSM, I inform myself from other sources, BTW.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So I'm brainwashed

yes

if I accept his certification of birth as being real?? Really

Not by believing that but by stating something which has some serious flaws and holes as definitive proof.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lumpyloaf

The Constitution provides for a scenario where the President is ineligible...Amendment XX says the vice president shall act as pres until Congress shall fill the seat until the President becomes eligible. But in this case OB can not BECOME eligible, so I am sure he would be prosecuted for fraud and the congress would appoint a new president until the next election.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When this whole Obama birth certificate issue first came to light, I figured it would be quickly silenced by merely producing the article in question. Since the early/mid 20th century, they are the common currency that comes with every single birth in the US.

What is so difficult about producing it? Beats me but the longer this goes on, the further doubt will spread until either the end of his term as president or a terminal for the demand is met with an official inquest.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department.

www.factcheck.org...

Okay, accepted. Let's move on.

Your only arguement can be if it's a fake. If you can't prove it's a fake, get over it, and move on.

And by no means am I brainwashed. I go by a code which involves facts, logic, and experience. The article states that the birth certificate is acceptable for the state department. Useless you have proof that it is a fake or a forgery, you have absolutely nothing, so move on.

And I guess I'll have make this clear, I am not an Obama fan. I absolutely dispised Bush, but I would be saying the exact some thing if he was in Obama's shoes.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Okay, accepted. Let's move on.

Ok, not accepted so you keep your head in the sand.

Look, this thread is not about the authentification of the birth certificate. There are many threads here on ATS regarding that issue and this is not one of them.

Your only arguement can be if it's a fake.

Apparently you don't read much. That is NOT the only argument.

If you can't prove it's a fake, get over it, and move on.

There are doubts and issues regarding the certificate Obama posted as proof. Again, check the many other threads because I don't feel like repeating myself and again, this is not the thread for this discussion.

Oh and when did factcheck.org become the Holy Bible of accuracy?

[edit on 7/20/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't know if I buy in to any of this, but can someone tell me why he just doesn't provide this so called "long birth certificate"? Whats the argument that says he doesn't need to?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Apparently you don't read much.

Not on this topic. Wasn't very interested in it till I saw it on Young Turks the other day then I saw this thread and decided to go through it.

How many topics could there possible be about this issue? At least point me to another thread regarding this. And I'm really not too interested in the long form debate.

Oh and when did factcheck.org become the Holy Bible of accuracy?

No, but IMO, they seemed to have done a thorough job on this topic and they are not pro-Obama or pro-anyone.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

How many topics could there possible be about this issue?

There are a lot of them.

At least point me to another thread regarding this. And I'm really not too interested in the long form debate.

Just use the search box with something like 'obama birth' and you will get lots of hits. However, some of the more recent threads are:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yeah, it's confirmed. I'm no longer interested in this topic. The thread you started(the second link), sealed the deal. I'm sure you know by now that the error was corrected. Why anyone would go wild, in the first place, over one sentence from a foreign news agency, which needs to get translated, is beyond me.

It seems like you guys are just looking for anything to run with which may indicate that OB wasn't born here.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why anyone would go wild, in the first place, over one sentence from a foreign news agency, which needs to get translated, is beyond me.

Now I see why you are confused. First of all, nobody went wild.

Exaggerate much??

Secondly, the link you refer to is only 1 small piece of a much larger puzzle. There are plenty of other larger pieces but this particular article was just one small piece. When you add then all together, a larger picture emerges.

I guess you cannot see the big picture and only dwell on individual small pieces. Oh well, your loss. That is your flawed interpretation that it was a translation error. Funny how nothing except that part was translated incorrectly.
What is also funny is how all the small articles which show Obama in a negative light regarding his citizenship seem to get 'corrected' or just seem to disappear with links which are no longer valid.

Keep your head in the sand because it's apparent that is all you can handle.
This is a conspiracy website right?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Alright... know what? How hard would it be for the government to create a false document?

Anyone? Anyone at all?

So let's say Obama DOES produce a legal birth certificate, short and long... and hell, offers a piece of his umbilical cord for DNA sampling... how many of you would accept that?

Hello? Anyone?

Really... would any of you accept the fact the the document was an actual birth certificate, issued by the state... knowing that it could be forged or faked by the government?

You guys just won't be happy with any answer.

(no, I do not support Obama... but man, give it a break already)

[edit: I will be copying and pasting this on other birther threads, because let's face it... there's more serious stuff in the world that needs attention than this rehashed bit over and over again]

[edit on 2009/7/20 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Town hall meeting goes crazy..over obama's citizenship

As it should. There is nothing else to say except its a shame, a crying shame that We The People ask one simple thing and are not being heard. Even worse, We The People have nothing to say that TPTB want to hear.

A crying shame.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ahem... this angry woman has a US birth certificate?

Birth certificates in the US are issued by state. The US doesnt issue birth certificates. So it's either a fake or she has trouble reading. I hope it isn't option 1 for her. she could get in serious trouble...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join