It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to shut down ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
excellent post, and my thoughts to some degree. I think ATS provides a great source of breaking information (minus the UFO bullcrap stuff).

I've been reading blogs for some time, and have passed on the same message.

Americans will not revolt or go against authoritarian representatives for they fear losing their comforts of life. Many people in other parts of the world (tehran as an example, or palestinians) have little of the comforts we enjoy, and thus, have little to lose in that respect. It is much easier to revolt when your family has been wiped out by carpet bombing missions or reckless missile launches which seems to occur more often in the Mideast.

Americans should be outraged at what is going on in our gov and the turnover of monetary policy to the federal reserve. But, alas, many do not even realize what is occurring, the impact and nor do they want to spend the time from their luxury to understand the issues. A lady I spoke to at Lowes knew nothing about the federal reserve, and she though it was part of the government. When I started educating her, she was amazed, and wanted to know more and more. She did not have internet at home (imagine that) so she is sucking up the BS from major media.

If a revolution were to occur, if would be led by those that understand the current issues and resounding dire effects for our children and their future. The powers that be (PTB) would like nothing more to exterminate or imprison those that are more informed than others. That would put an end to the threat to the PTB, and the sheeple would comply as before.

As far as I see it, the american society is hopelessly lost, bewildered and easily amused. I have no hope and will have none until I see people become more interested in the issues, and begin to hold the elected leaders accountable for their actions.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well I love ATS...to share stuff on a level that you can't share with anyone cos they aren't..like minded
To question things...is that so bad?...It shows knowledge and intelligence and thinking 'outside the box' for heavens sake.
Yeah cheesy to say..but it takes me to another dimension, gives me a'high' with intelligent like minded human beings...who aren't prepared to sit on their as*es ...and question the world, universe and our very existence as well as everyday stuff.
Informative, fair, representative...accepting...what more could you ask for....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

copy that . thanks for finishing .was that so hard? i can't say thats to much of a challenge really. go there, not now, but right now.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I can agree with the OP's thoughts. I think we on ATS need to begin a new way of organizing protests and so forth.

We really should have a thread board to post on that gives ATS members the ability to access information about how to Stand Against the revolution.

Afterall, that is what the majority of us believe.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by inregardstoo

quote: How would America continue to expand democratic value....

Are you kidding me? democratic values? which ones are you referring to specifically? democracy = capitalism = fascism.

Quite deluding yourself. Democracy is a dirty word. Unless you enjoy killing millions of innocent people around the world so businesses can be profitable, and natural resources can be stolen.

The US is a killing machine. A military force used to invade, conquer, destroy cultures, and capitalize on weak countries. That is democracy. Of course, I would love to hear your views. LOL.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good Point.

Bad Plan.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sometimes action takes years in the planning. First and foremost is getting enough people on your side and with the same, or at least similar ideas and motivations. Here at least is a place for communication, as you said. But too many people have it too good in America to rock that proverbial boat... yet. That time may come but I have a feeling it is a ways off at this time.

Massive demonstrations now taking place in Iran, is a good place to start with the comparison. The people have been neglected and lied to for years, and with an intensity that is much greater than anything we have been through.

They are starting a revolution, and they have every right to do so.... but even though there is a global recession going on that is affecting all the major powers, we are still fat and happy. And the grumbling is about as deep as having to actually get up off the sofa to get the remote. We have a long way to go before people go out and make something happen.

Many here have good lives, where they don't sit at the computer all day, but that really doesn't have anything to do with who visits the site as opposed to who is actually going to take action.

I'm actually hoping for the year 2012, since it seems to be a signpost for so many things, both astrological and economical. I'm hoping the band-aids the Fed has put on our economy will fall off around then, and maybe then enough people will be angry enough, with good meaning, that we can go out and do something.

So even though shutting down ATS was basically rhetorical, to me that doesn't seem like the answer.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by allclear
democracy = capitalism = fascism.

Quite deluding yourself. Democracy is a dirty word. Unless you enjoy killing millions of innocent people around the world so businesses can be profitable, and natural resources can be stolen.

The US is a killing machine. A military force used to invade, conquer, destroy cultures, and capitalize on weak countries. That is democracy. Of course, I would love to hear your views.

What do you think is better, dictatorship, military rule, monarchy, communism, theocracy, anarchy?

But if any of them engage in capitalism don't they become fascist according to your new math.

Mike

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I do get the idea that the OP is trying to convey. This is a comfortable place to voice your opinions without too much commitment to action.

But, if you will do some searches in the search engines for topics that might be on here, ATS threads will come up. So, the word does get out. You can be heard here.

I guess the overall idea is to take it beyond ATS. At least we could link to ATS in various places to get the word out more. In the cyberspace community, this would be helpful.

Troy

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure those whose livelihoods are connected to the continued operation of ATS wouldn't be too keen on the idea. Especially in this economy.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Your right, in a way.

Lest not forget.

The ones who dont believe in Ufo's, or any government conspiracys for that matter are still asleep, maybe even bots/ai, here to distract/anger the ones who are awake like yourself.

Dont get angry with them, thats what they want.

*Spoiler*

The governments are not actually the problem, its "them" who control the governments thats the problem, governments are in every sense of the word just puppets, its "they" who control and setup the governments that are the problem.

Its just a game, as frustrating as it is, just chill, wait.

Our time is coming.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by silencer

Tell them, if they support you, gas prices will go down, or they will have more jobs, or they will get cheap health care. Talk to them the language they understand.

1st, isn't this what every politician says during their campagin? and we all know how that generally turns out.

2nd, communication is a useful tool in organization, so "shutting down" ATS is counter productive to that end.

3rd, many people come here for reasons of their own chosing, some only read certain forums, and I'd like to know the equation you used to calculate the % of us who believe the world is run by bankers.

4th, I believe the world is run by bankers. there's your first given now run with it! good luck with your thread I think it an origional idea

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'm sure you'd really like this this site shut down wouldn't you?
That way you've managed to cut off a lot of the world wide communication about whats going on.
How about this proposal instead... If using our computer to communicate haer is not a good thing, then call in on each of us and try to take our computers away. You can use persuasive arguement, logic, force... whatever you need.
Lets see how you go.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Who do you work for ?? NWO and Illuminati? get a grip of your self , this site will never shut down, your on thin ice here mr

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Whatever happened to that fella that started this? Nowhere in sight

aaaaw Silencer....why the long face? Is it because you been silenced yourself? How ironic.Chin up, you'll get em next time.

ATS aint going anywhere!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Why won't I star and flag this?
Because a lack of communication and confusion is the sole proprietor of a revolution not happening. Yes I could go organize a group in my small community but ATS is a much more efficient tool to enlighten others outside of my community and around the world with it's mass amount of members.

In order for the overthrow to culminate, it is necessary to be organized. How you say? With some of the information available on ATS.

See, we could find this info elsewhere but with the collaborated efforts of every individual, ATS is much more efficient in many ways.

If you are serious then ATS is a method and approach to enlighten newcomers to add to the crowd. First one must have information before he can strike and without it he is in the dark. This website is for informational purposes as stated in the T&C, we cannot rally for riots and revolutions and such. But eventually the information available here and elsewhere might lead to such. There is no need to hold back this information when we can use it to add troops to our side is there?

If someone new comes into conspiracies and starts unraveling the truth, there is tons of information here. What better way to enlighten someone?

ATS is a potential road marker on the trek to enlightenment and let me tell you, every road marker counts.

Edit: friggin typo's.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I can agree with the OP's thoughts. I think we on ATS need to begin a new way of organizing protests and so forth.

We really should have a thread board to post on that gives ATS members the ability to access information about how to Stand Against the revolution.

Afterall, that is what the majority of us believe.

Then we would be shutdown. Maybe locked up under the patriot act indefinitely, titled as terrorists. I don't think the site owners want to be locked up at Guantanamo or in some unknown cell either.

As stated before the most efficient way to organize would be with subtlety and mystery. If they did not know we were organizing could they do anything about it? Hmm........ "scratches head"

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So what your saying, is that we really should go out and take down the government...nah.
Well let em destroy the world. And then tell them all...We told you so.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
My the wind is strong today.

It almost messed my hair up, and Im going bald !! oO

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Where there is oppression there is always someone who stands against it. I'm guessing there is already an activist movement against the goverment.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join