It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to shut down ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

We all know the risk of being a member of this site.

The only risk of being a member of this site that I've seen is the risk of adware popups and gobs of tracking cookies. While I'm sure there are members of the CIA, NSA, FBI, whatever, are perusing the site - I think they spend far more time laughing at the wild accusations and "evil deeds" attributed to them than red flagging and stalking members for termination.

They're looking for credible serious threats to the US and it's security... not armchair revolutionaries, new-age spiritualists, and pseudo-scientists who can't get the amazing devices to work anywhere but on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

You are right. The government probably thinks we are all silly lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Not necessarily. There are real conspiracies out there - such as the Reichtag Fire or the Gunpowder Plot... or the Enron debacle. Though ATS doesn't really focus on uncovering or educating about real conspiracies. Things here are a bit more sensationalized - such as Nazi Reptilian Bush family's NWO plans for mass depopulation and enslavement. Rather, reality seems to be more partially constructed of a myriad of small-scale competing conspiracies by individuals within various power structures instead of the grand messianic single conspiracies which tie all world events together under the directive of a few.

Indeed, I'm sure that some government agencies are probably watching ATS - looking for conspiracies of civilians against their fellow civilians and government, such as with the Oklahoma City bombing. While they may be laughing at some of the content, they take their jobs very seriously.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I understand where you are coming from but i cannot see this web site ats shuting down anytime soon.If this web site was closed all the members would just go to other web sites and talk about the same thing.This is one of my favoriet web sites.There would be some people within the us goverment who would be very upset if this web site closed down.(Not saying any names).I let you think about that for a while.Take a break and enjoy all the different stories and opinions that make up this wounderful web site ATS.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join