It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to shut down ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is a business project. ATS is not after revolution - it is about getting more members and more revenue.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Takka
[more
For a normal person couln't get much attention and influence on others, but for a famous person could be alot different.
we need someone like Kenedy to point straight out where is the problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silencer

yeah, but they have things under development like the AA-12 fully automatic shotgun with 25 round drums and explosive shells. They also are developing a tank that goes 90 MILES AN HOUR and on this form do I even need to mention biological warfare, top secret planes, or nukes?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I usually ramble on here but I'll make this one short and sweet.
You are assuming that we here at ATS can only do one thing at a time. I can't get the news of the day and conspiracy of the day and still be active in my state. I will tell you this, If it were not for ATS many of us would not even know 'TO DO ANYTHING' in our state because all of the other media is controlled by the government and the state and all they do is lie to us and tell us things like "everything is fine" and "nothing to see here". I think it would be very dangerous to our freedoms if sites like ATS were taken down because that would be a grim day for freedom of speech. You see, if they had taken down ATS, you never could have even used your freedom to convey even this unseemly message to us. I personally think you have something to do with the government or at least believe in what they are doing to remove our freedoms because that is effectively what you are suggesting here..is the removal of our freedom of speech. To even insinuate the absence of the forum to convey our deepest insights and fears and to have a place for the true freedom fighters to trade information is one step closer to fascism or even a dictatorship. If it weren't for ATS, I wouldn't even know 1/2 of what the government is doing to me and my family, thus, I would have no way of knowing what (if anything) I could do about it. We would have no alternative but to just blindly believe what our government tells us, even if it is to enslave us. This is the most horrible idea ever on ATS and if I knew it wouldn't trample on YOUR freedoms, I would suggest that ATS ban YOU for even suggesting the complete disbanding of the ATS forum. I bet you though that ATS will respect your freedoms even as you would have it that ATS and everyone on it give theirs up right in the middle of the most imperative, most pivotal point in World history. You should be ashamed of yourself. I will never flag this and would take all of your stars if I could. Your alias "SILENCER" is fitting

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Revolution is an old tired rhyme, especially in America. Lets suppose their was an uprising and an eventual victory after all the blood spills. What then? How would America continue to expand democratic value to the world when it cannot sustain itself. We treat our political parties like the winners of sporting event, one team wins while the other loses. I don’t want to call anyone a spoiled sport, but I will call others individualist who do not have the fire or the will to fight along side anyone with a common goal, unless it showed opportunity for ridiculous gain for themselves. So what then? Take over a web site and try and convince poor people to fight a war for them which only offers death to the fighter while the schoolyard fight promoter collects? Really, what’s the point in the revolution thread? Ponzi schemes being exposed and so many run and hide like Adam and Eve. Thing is, Adam and Eve's sin is transparent to the current world situation. Evil forces would sacrifice the lives of millions of innocent lives with war just to hide their faces from God. Violence has a long history of mental deceitful torture to the poor and encouraging it by attempting to hide the sin of a few sounds like the same routine to me. Sadly, I don’t think the modern day actors really understand how long the same spirit that tempts them has been in business. Most wars in all history involved fighting men who fought and died for another’s glory. Very few leaders since General Washington have stood on the front line with the infantry. My answer to the madness is no one will stand with men in the current charge as both sides are aligned with filth, wherewith God will not stand. The point of revolution is null and void.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
so you want a solution huh?

1. Always tell the truth.
2. Do not violate the rights of your fellow man...if you have to ask what those are, you don't deserve any of them.
3. If you have a belief in god, keep it to yourself.

There ya go...World peace as easy as a scratch off ticket on the lottery.

Go to blockbusters and rent the movie "HOME"....just maybe it will explain to you how we are all interrelated and diverse at the same time. Also, get "Constantine's Sword"....it will re-educate you on what you now believe. Unfortunately, blockbusters will only have one copy of the above mentioned because we all know that truth doesn't sell very well...Most people want too see "Mall Cop" or American Idol....

We all get what we deserve and think about.....the greatest law in the world is "the law of attraction"....it is even more powerful than the law of light or gravity.

Keep on thinking what you are thinking and you will keep on getting that.

You don't stop wars by thinking about stopping wars....you get it by thinking about "peace"...You don't stop aids by trying to eliminate aids, but by thinking about health.

We are all in this thing for ourselves. It makes YOU fell good to help others more than it helps them. Try and just fell good about you and it will help you feel better about your fellow man.

Keep thinking about the "end of the world scenario" and you will surely bring it about.

peace and love to all

rusty

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
This is a business project. ATS is not after revolution - it is about getting more members and more revenue.

totally agree with you on this one. ATS is making big bucks for each one of the armchair revolutionaries (er i mean members) and their posts here!

why would anyone want to overturn the system anyway? do you want to live in fear like the iranians? or would you rather live in this western world where most things are allowed? really what do you have to fear? food is plentiful in fact there is so much that most westerners die because of diseases related to over-eating and being overweight. people are so comfortable here and they can get most of the things they want (even though they probably don't need them). it's like a paradise!

Originally posted by silencer
Some of the people at ATS are very old members. They have come across every kind of conspiracy there is. Infact, I think it's safe to say that 99% of the members here believe the 'World is run by bankers' conspiracy, wanna get rid of the FED and cause a revolution.

The fact is that it will never happen.

getting rid of the FED is silly. the same people who want a revolution because the govt is spending money in a very inefficient way want to nationalize a private corporation?!
seriously if you truly believe that the govt is bad in running things why do you want the govt to take over the powers of the fed and run things?

armchair revolutionaries - please take out a passport and travel outside your country, outside the US, outside the EU. go to south america - outside the nice resorts, go to africa - outside the nice resorts, go to asia, go anywhere, and see how the people really live in most of the world outside of the "West". their lives suck and yet you complain about how horrible the US or EU are. revolution?! geez. grow up!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You said :
You cannot wait for the day when they break down your door and kidnap your kids.

I'm sorry , my friend, but it's already over ...

(1) 12-trillion in untraceable 'bailout' expenditures this year is like a person losing 10 pints of blood - the US economy and the dollar is finished, period ...

(2) Now that we are at a global H1N1 level-6, everything is in readiness - all they have to do now is release the real super-flu virus, and viola' : mission accomplished ...

(3) get out of the big cities now, and out of the US if you can swing it, go to 30-day reset, and wait for the STHTF .

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
(3) get out of the big cities now, and out of the US if you can swing it, go to 30-day reset, and wait for the STHTF .

so you already packed your bags and left the US? where are you hiding? maybe at the bottom of the ocean?
and what the heck is "go to 30-day reset"?!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
" If I heaven't seen it, it's new to me ".

Sun Tzu.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You cannot wait for the day when they break down your door and kidnap your kids. Because then you WILL stand up, but you will stand alone.

Depend what they're going to do with the kids. For deprogramming, sex toys, slave labour, the military, working in factories making toys for the Chinese?

A couple of those would be fine with me. Might teach them something useful.

Mike

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Multitasking.

Keep the site open, form a political club to to keep your local congressperson under a microscope, but in a concession to human frailties and limitations turn off the TV!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi I am one who want true change. I live in Richmond, VA. I attend VCU. If you live nearby and want to meet. Message me and let's get the ball rolling.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So shut down this site and start getting out of the house and raise your voice in the community. Gather people who are as frustrated as you are and form small groups. Then join groups from neighboring towns, cities, states, countries, etc. Actively protest wrong decisions from your lawmakers. Don't just write a letter to them. Go stand outside their office with your group and demand change.

I see what you're saying and it makes sense, but there are some things that make this difficult for many people. First of all, many people are working Monday through Friday from 9-5...pretty much the same time that our legislators are working. Trying to get off work to go stand outside their office and demand change isn't something that a lot of people can do because they're working, trying to earn a living. Even if they do get an hour for lunch, that's not enough time to get to their car, fight traffic, go stand outside their office and demand change, and then get back to work. Unless they work right around the corner, doing something like that even on a lunch hour would be nearly impossible.

Most people's days are filled to capacity. If they have to be at work at 9 a.m., most of them have to get up pretty early in the morning to help the kids get ready for school, get themselves ready, and then make the commute. In the evening, there's a commute back and errands to run. Then there's transporting the kids back and forth from ball practice and/or other activities, making dinner, cleaning up afterward, helping the kids with their homework, and spending time together as a family.

I would venture to guess that many people are writing emails to their legislators because it's something they can do in their very busy day. I would also venture to guess that many people are coming here later in the evening after work or in the mornings when they may have a few minutes to themselves. Some might be able to come here and browse during their lunch.

Now I know that not everyone has a family and not everyone works 1st shift. I don't. But the thing is, for most of my life I've been very busy first trying to work my butt off so I could afford to go to college, and then later trying to pay for college.

For 16 years, I had 2-4 jobs at a time, and much of that time I was also enrolled in college. So even though I didn't have a family, I basically had no life outside of work and school. Many people I know who are single and/or childless are working multiple jobs, trying to put themselves through college.

You said, We all have been conditioned to be lazy." I know that's definitely not the case with me and many other people I know. Many of us are working our butts off trying to make it in this crazy world. We're working multiple jobs, we're raising families, and we're trying to help out our extended family. Many of us also try to volunteer when we can.

Most of the people I know aren't lazy at all. On the contrary, they're hard-working folks who struggle to give their kids a better life...and to make their own lives better as well.

You said, "Stop flocking this website and use your time and energy to actually go out there and make change." That's a great idea, but it's just not that simple for some people. It's sometimes easier for people to grab some time here and there to go online, learn what they can, send emails to their congressman, and maybe send a letter to the editor to their local newspaper.

Anyway, I see what you're saying, and it sounds good in theory, but I think it's not so easy for many people.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
most of the people in this world is DUMB

Quote of the day.

Now, back on topic.

I think ATS does a good job of bringing together like-minded people to at least discuss the topics the OP mentioned.

Without ATS how would the word about a 'revolution' even get out?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

well , why , why don't ya just kick a guy right in the sack about it.
i'm not sure what to do.do i just make up a sign n run out the door w/it? who's organizing this flare up? got any directions?maybe somethin that won't make me quite so vulnerable? as to not run in to some sparing soul who might jump at the chance to end my misery.or get me tassered, maced. clubed w/ a 70% chance of gunfire resulting in a hale of bullets to close out the day.there's strength in no.s .give some direction , tell me where to be to meet up w/ others.in fact why didn't you finish your thread that way?
what kind of a half fast thread is this? next time i suggest you have it all together if your gonna sound that way? now how about that?

oh boy, ohboy, oh boy, ohboy, this is so incitintg.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Do people want to revolve or evolve?

Revolution is just flipping the tables. Nothing changes in the long term. Where ever power is, there also is greed and corruption.

The silent revolution that has taken place over the public was a slow movement, using infiltration, payoffs, subversion. Like a cartoon scent that lifts the character and floats him to the pie. They use the law, because it is the peoples duty to know the law, just as it is the peoples duty to demand that law be taught or finances be taught in public schools instead of what date George Washington crossed a river. Hey what do you know....G.W.....the first.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Ok...put your money where your mouth is.....there is a guy in Commerce Michigan fighting the fight against the man, Mr. Hendrickson is fighting for his life, freedom and ours as well. Go to his site and view the court doc's and see what they are doing, it'll blow your mind. The site is losthorizons.com I hope you and all ATSers come to his aid as I am with both moral and finacial support.
Your Challenged....now go and do the right thing and help this guy win.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
ATS is a business wherein the owners and staff do their best to make it possible for people to exchange information. Were it shut down a week ago, you would not be reading this.

What yo can do to create more free time as an activist is stop doing things like watching television and playing video games.

Then you can limit your time on ATS to subjects vital to communication of those like-minded.

A good thing to avoid are new threads that choose outrageous and inflammatory subject headings to draw attention.

To free up a little extra valuable time immediately I suggest one could stop starring and flagging.

Mike

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

There's alot going on to curb the assaults on our rights and on our Constitution by alot of different people. We may not agree with all of them in what exactly our rights are and what our Constitution says. But there are plenty of ways for all of us to get involved and groups to get involved with. We don't have to re-invent the wheel when so many already have a headstart.

It would take me forever to look up links, but I'm sure you all know your way around google. Check out the Oath Keepers. Check out the Continental Congress 2009. Check out Petitions for Redress of Grievances. Check out where your state stands with state sovereignty/10th amendment bills. Check out pending legislation and/or lawsuits regarding healthcare, gun control, ACORN, TARP, Taxes, Soc Sec, Obama's eligibility, or whatever does concern you. See what you can do for the cause. Volunteer, donate, buy their stuff, write letters, etc.

For example, if you're concerned about the eligibility issue, call your congressmen/women and ask them to co-sponsor and support Rep Posey's H.R. 1503, requiring all candidates for president produce proof of their natural born citizenship. Or you can support World Net Daily's "Where's the Birth Certificate" billboard campaign - you can even get your own bumper stickers and yard signs. Sign WND's petition demanding Obama prove his NBC status and release all the records he's gone to so much expense and trouble to hide. Write your Congressmen and other elected officials, as well as the President, AG, and SCOTUS, demanding proof that Obama is qualified.

There are several groups promoting and coordinating more TEA parties for the 4th of July - find one near you and start making your signs. Familiarize yourself with budget legislation and let your congressmen/women know how you expect them to vote. Check out alternate tax plans - such as fair tax and flat tax - and know what you do want them to support and then demand reform.

To make it easier, look up who your Congressmen/women are and either bookmark their contact info, or just put their email addresses into your contacts. Then it's quick and easy to contact them about relevant legislation.

There is a peaceful, nonpartisan, Constitutional revolution going on all around us that we can be part of if we want to. It's up to us.

Bright blessings to the World - no exceptions!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join