It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of Independence 2009

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I agree, I don't see this as something to be too concerned about..

Now, if there were several thousand signatures on it at this point, my ears would be a little more open to conspiracy theories

I am looking for another suitable means of posting this for signatures..

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I know I risk much of my credibility by stating this. But to be completely honest, I can't hold it inside any longer. Odd as it may seem, I say that, provided it can actually be done (and enough support can actually be attained), we create a "New Founders Continental Congress" in an effort to continue spreading this message and garner enough support from people that we CAN be heard.

I guess one of the reasons I mention it is that even the name alone can give an air of legitimacy to the cause, yes, unfortunately, not unlike our party system right now or perhaps, a better example would be the Oath Keepers. Where as if we didn't give that sense of legitimacy, we will sound as nothing more than a group of random extremists, which we are not, and I would hardly say that our venture here is random. If anything, I consider it providence that we've been gathered here under a clear banner, that of freedom.

What say you compatriots? Yea or Nay?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Question

Yea!

second line.. Aye?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I am all for it, but how would it work?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Count me in. I'll be happy to help in anyway I can. You obviously have a vision on this so share it already. This would be day 4 that the petition website is down.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Perhaps you do not understand what this new American has done with this thread? He has laid the moral groundwork for an armed response to any further violation of our Constitutional rights. Deemed necessary by our founding fathers as a precursor to armed insurrection against tyranny; a necessity forgotten by the rest of the patriot community (This is a red face admission that this new American has a better grasp of procedures in demand of a redress of grievances then I… Ouch) in our attempts to get our elected officials to HEAR us.

The point being that the next step would be to mail a copy with as many signatures as possible to EVERY elected official, THEN convene a second Revolutionary Congress.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

sounds good count me in...

.... where do we start?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I too am with this until then. I think I made that clear already

Yea all the way. It would be an honor to be a part of such a thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Petitiononline.com was up again a couple of hours ago, and yes your petition was still there. It's down again though.

I've never seen a DDOS attack take this long to get under control. Usually you can block DDOS attacks at the firewall level. Something doesn't sit right to me about this.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Sarge you're actually leaving me confused lol! should I take your comments as a compliment or insult? lol! I just wanted you to be a part of this thread since some of us here highly respect your opinion, and we need more like you here.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
double post????

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Question]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Petition is back online ladies and gentlemen with 124 signatures. It was a 6 day Denial of Service Attack and all of their servers were hit.

It cannot be ascertained as of now who was responsible for the attack and which if any petitions may have been the cause.

These types of attacks are common, yet sophisticated. Normally sites are down for a few hours to a day. This attack was out of the norm and well coordinated, it would have to have been to maintain control of access in such a way for so long. Even so, this is not enough information to determine the source of this attack and when more is known, more will be made available.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

No insult or put down - pride in what makes America GREAT; a NEW American so enlightened in the very heart of what sets America apart, THIS makes me know what I bled for was not for naught.

THINK of who writes this unbelievable writ in the steps of HIS American forefathers before him! He captures the heart, the soul, the very intent of the great American experiment, that from all nations we would gather the rejected and oppressed and make ONE people, ONE purpose and one destiny. HE is AMERICAN; my heart swells with pride that I should have the HONOR of knowing the perfect example of what is a true American Patriot, as he risk much for his stand - I WILL FIGHT NEXT TO HIM; my honor is all I have to offer this young man.

Question, you of all people should know better of me.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sorry to have not replied recently with regards to any questions regarding the New Founders Continental Congress. I'm still in the middle of research myself into what it is that we CAN do to create any sort of impact that can actually be heard by the govt. Something that will bite at the very thing they seek from us.

The purpose of this congress however, just as that of our forefathers. I would like it to be a gathering/group of people like us. To debate and ACT on solutions, rather than talk endlessly about the problem. While I will admit that we are already doing such with project's declaration, I simply wanted to expand on his idea further as well, and put a group behind it, a group with a name that can give our cause legitimacy. Otherwise, we can easily be labeled as nothing more than random misfits, disorganized, radicals etc.

That way for example, if people during protests see our banners there can be a recognition. "The New Founders? Oh yea! They were the ones who wrote the declaration of independence of '09"

Speaking of which, do we know if any of the tea parties will be held at GA as well? Will anyone be going so perhaps we can gather?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Great idea on the New Founders Congress... It may be just the thing for credibility and wider appeal/visibility.

I noticed that there have not been a bunch of signatures added, most likely due to the DDOS attack.

That WAS weird, and it would be really interesting to know where all the evidence points, regardless of it's certainty to be a blind alley.

Apparently, we're getting on somebody's nerves...

Keep the faith!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Now our petition cannot be signed. That page is down apparently. I haven't checked out other petition, but no one can view signatures and no one can sign.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Just checked, and the petition link is active again, for now. There are only two new signatures since last it was up.

Time to start a second wave of signatures!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

i have been asking friends and fam to sign it, got a few. the last one was one of them.

where is this second wave going to come in from?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Twitter. Please get twitter accounts.

The handle for the twitter account is independence09

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I ask with the intent of moving our cause further, how shall we proceed with the New Founders Continental Congress? It is obvious that technology facilitates gathering, but what next? I guess what I'm saying is, we need to organize, and I believe that with Projects' eloquently written document as our mission, we should be able to garner some attention. I've already sent this video to OathKeepers as well for the to see, with the hopes we can garner their attention. My apologies if I ramble, but unfortunately I'm not as organized as I sometimes wish I could be. But with the help from my fellow compatriots here, I'm sure we can organize ourselves effectively.

As stated previously, one of the steps I would like to take as well, is to have this document officially sent as well to the government, with our signatures. We cannot be taken seriously if we do not address the government directly. But before such a step is taken, I wish to hear your remarks.

For America, sincerely.
Question.
New Founders Continental Congress.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Question]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join