It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's new show "V", human looking aliens arrive, gain trust, turn out to be reptilian

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This all smacks of psychological conditioning, that if anyone should show up from beyond our atmosphere that we should be very afraid and that they will be malevolent instead of benevolent.

Wernher von Braun warned about this exact same method of deception from the elite in order to make their final consolidating grab at ultimate control don't forget.

Could it be that those who come to us (if they ever do) might just be good guys too?

Psychological Conditioning 101 folks.

p.s. I watched the original when I was a kid and I'll watch this one too. I just hope most people don't take it too literally as I'm sure they will.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
yes i remember "V" very well back in 1984, i was heavily pregnant with my son at the time,

i remember watching the episode of the girl about to give birth to her hybrid baby, she was saying "i don't want this thing"

As she said it , i thought to myself i don't want this thing either!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Amazing how hollywood cannot make any new series nowadays that are any good, lol.

The last decent series was taken by spielberg.

I will not be watching this series, i may get out the old one again.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner
This all smacks of psychological conditioning, that if anyone should show up from beyond our atmosphere that we should be very afraid and that they will be malevolent instead of benevolent.

Wernher von Braun warned about this exact same method of deception from the elite in order to make their final consolidating grab at ultimate control don't forget.

Could it be that those who come to us (if they ever do) might just be good guys too?

Psychological Conditioning 101 folks.

Indeed...

Earlier in this thread someone wondered why this was being promoted, a new miniseries so far in advance of its airing...

Perhaps the powers that be are feeling rushed....

I added a link to Werner Von Braun's 1977 story to your quote above, it is an absolute must read..

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hi there just watched the first part of this series
can anyone here please give me a free link to the second part
V mini-series part 2

many thanks

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I just ran across this review of the pilot of the new V series on ABC and thought I'd add it to the thread:

Pilot Inspektor: An Advance Review of ABC's "V"

Apparently they loved it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Mack:

...though I am convinced this is where David Icke's ideas all came from?

Have to disagree with you on this one, Mack, Icke's concepts of a 'reptilian' race pulling the governmental strings of our various societies, have been culled and weaved together out of Icke's years of slow and pain-staking research. Your statement does Icke a dis-service, although I myself do not correspond with his view, except in terms that their are many people who live by the 'reptilian'-side of the brain, and many of those are in positions of power.

Here is a quote from a reviewer who has watched the pilot episode...

To prove that they are human as The Visitors are actually a reptilian race that has successfully cloned human skin, which they wear as camouflage. Worse still: The Visitors haven't just arrived, after all. They've been here for decades and have been fomenting dissent and chaos on the planet for years, destabilizing the markets, creating unnecessary wars, stirring up paranoia and persecution. The fact that they've now revealed themselves is a sign that they are moving into the final steps of their plan.
...These comments reflect certain Icke-ian thoughts and comments, particularly those I have marked in bold. They also relate to the NWO and their intentions and machinations.

The updated series looks to include old and modern conspiracy theories in order to play on our frissoms of fear and discontent, and looks to be well-produced. I look forward to its airing.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Its pretty strange that I first heard of the original V today, and just now I read that there will be a remake. If probably going to be flamed because of this, but should I watch the Original first or wait? Because I don't want the plot to drive me away from the new remake, since i'm a sucker for CGI and new looking films. Hehe, sorry to all the devoted fans of V for saying that. But please tell me if I need to see the original

c
And it has Juliet from Lost, YES! ^_^

[edit on 17-6-2009 by gamerman]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you should check out the original first. The effects are old but I never had any trouble with that. It still looks really good. There's a whole different look to the original in design also. The alien uniforms and ships are totally different looking and more nazi like since the original script was about nazi invasion of france. Watch the first episode and if you hate it then dont watch the rest

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So I downloaded the first airing of the 1983 V: The Miniseries after all the hype and good reviews on this board. I'm a professional journalist. I'll skip to my conclusion of the show.

It's terrible.

The CGI is worse than the movie Finding Nemo ffs.

Did you see what the people were wearing? Who wears clothes like that these days?

The acting is cringe worthy. It has no character depth. They have no emotions. Did these actors take their job seriously? No wonder I've never heard of them before.

WTF at the plot. Aliens come to Earth to seduce human women? Why do the aliens wear reptile masks? They are human, why disguise for?

The alien ships and weapons where ripped off from Independence Day. Dome craft and laser weapons a coincidence? I think not.

There is only one Asian actor and his human. Why are there no Asian aliens? This is extremely racist and the studio should be sued.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

Perhaps there where only one good asian actor?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Give it a shot. There's been plenty of garbage remakes. Who cares if it could be one more.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989
So I downloaded the first airing of the 1983 V: The Miniseries after all the hype and good reviews on this board. I'm a professional journalist. I'll skip to my conclusion of the show.

It's terrible.

The CGI is worse than the movie Finding Nemo ffs.

Did you see what the people were wearing? Who wears clothes like that these days?

The acting is cringe worthy. It has no character depth. They have no emotions. Did these actors take their job seriously? No wonder I've never heard of them before.

WTF at the plot. Aliens come to Earth to seduce human women? Why do the aliens wear reptile masks? They are human, why disguise for?

The alien ships and weapons where ripped off from Independence Day. Dome craft and laser weapons a coincidence? I think not.

There is only one Asian actor and his human. Why are there no Asian aliens? This is extremely racist and the studio should be sued.

With all due respect to yourself as well the younger generation, I'd assume you were probably to young when the movies/TV show premiered. Emphasis on TV show as this was a made for TV program. Sorry, no Lord of the Rings technology used here and lets be clear here - Independance Day came out loooooong after this show. And the aliens were reptiles wearing human masks. Mr Journalist, pay attention to the details.

And whats wrong with that costume? Keep in mind this was the 80's. As far as Asians on the set, maybe George Takei wasnt available but I dont think its racism if a studio only employed one person of asian descent for a tv show.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

What kind of professional journalist whines about the CGI of an 80's tv-show
If you write anything about that I want to read that

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So I downloaded the first airing of the 1983 V: The Miniseries...The CGI is worse than the movie Finding Nemo ffs.

Considering the first 3D CGI wasn't available until long after the original V: The Miniseries, and 2D CGI (like in Star Wars) was still in its infancy and only available to feature films with multi-million dollar budgets, it is no surprise that the technology available to TV Series from the early 1980's wouldn't live up to your CGI-fed standards of today.

Likewise, comparing a cutting-edge CGI animated film from 2003 with a budget of $94 million dollars with a TV Series from 20 years before that with a budget in the tens of thousands of dollars is ridiculous and reckless reporting.

Perhaps you should have compared the Special FX of V: The Miniseries with another 1983 TV Series using Special FX, such as The Shining Miniseries.

Are you sure you are a journalist? You did mention that the V:Miniseries was from 1983. You are right that fashions change every season and that means fashion has changed 104 times since then. Do people dress like the Matrix 10 years (40 fashion cycles) after the fact? Of course not! For the Mod period of the early 1980's, V was very fashionable and hip, even if 26 years later we laugh at it's fashion sense. Maybe you should go to the library, or learn to use Google to look-up other fashion trends from 1983 for comparison.

Well, although I do agree, you forget that Television has come a long way in the past quarter century. Again, if you compare Apples to Apples and Oranges to Oranges, you'll find that the acting in V: The Miniseries was on-par or exceeded it's contemporaries. Just watch the A-Team from 1983 for a comparison.

Did you actually watch the movie or did you just fast forward through the whole thing in under 5 minutes? What you have just described is entirely erroneous in every way, shape and form. This is bad journalistic research.

As you have stated, V:Miniseries = 1983. Independence Day = 1996. Which came first? If you are mathematically challenged, V:Miniseries was 26 years ago. Independence Day = 13 years ago. Unless you believe that Time Travel was a viable option back in 1983, how do you propose that a show that aired 13 years prior ripped off a movie that hadn't been yet conceived? Methinks you seriously need to get back to school for some remedial edumacation.

Affirmative Action hadn't happened yet in 1983. Although there were precedents of having "TOKEN" actors of different races in TV prior to 1983, it wasn't a legal requirement of that time period.

It's entirely okay not to like something. That is absolutely your prerogative and right. It's even acceptable for you to state your opinion on a forum.

However, it's totally wrong to skew information and distribute it as factual, reinforced by your journalistic credentials. This is not FOX News!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I can't wait to see this.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
wanna know what Prevenge thinks?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e679635a4cd.jpg[/atsimg]

nuff said.

-

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Im Looking forward to seeing this.
i watched all of the old series when it was aired in UK.
I still have the DVD box for the series hehe, but it will be interesting to watch all the new CGI in this series it looks awsome from the pilot trailer.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've heard of the original but have never seen it - I was 3 when it originally aired. It does seem to have the same basic premise as Earth: Final Conflict though. Each season was a hit or miss, but as a concept it was pretty good. Just too much instability behind the scenes to keep it consistent.

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth:_Final_Conflict"

[edit]

the underscores in the link were messing up the URL...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by an0maly33]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, this will certainly up the paranoia and distrust factor in terms of dealing with any offworld cultures - at least in the U.S. and Canada and perhaps the UK, Australia and new Zealand....

The way I see it, there are two main ways of seeing this:

If offworld cultures exist and are slated to come here as conquerors cloaked as benevolent beings, then series such as this will serve to heighten awareness that we're being played.

Or...If they're actually neutral/benevolent, then this series will serve to attempt to rally humanity against them by portraying them as bad guys. Hence, a disinfo war and actual war against ETs. And they'll have to work that much harder simply to make us realize they're not bad.

So the real variable in all this is us. Do you trust the powers that be to tell us the truth regarding offworld cultures and their intent?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join