It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of UFO's On Our Skies! Now!! On NASA Feed!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Nope, I'm a daily/nightly sky watcher. I know the location of every planet in the sky, as well as the space station. This object was inside Earth's atmosphere. This was a slow flying craft, and was not traveling at a fixed rate of speed. It slowed down, and then gained speed.

It was just a single pass fly by. Like they slowed down right above Earth, then sped away.

---

The only reason I am reporting this is because I am very highly knowledgeable about all flying objects in the sky, and this was very odd, and rare.

I know the difference between satellites, and other objects as well.

At this specific time, I haven't seen anything else but the ones I reported.

I'm not insisting this has anything to do with this thread, but I definitely saw a UFO, and thought I would share.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Love an explanation from those who were/are 100% sure it's an image defect.

How do you make those cloud manipulations in an image artifact theory?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes

You might have been looking at the international space station in one of those instances. It passes very slowly and looks very much like a star, though often a bit brighter than most. I tried to load the NASA tracker to find out if it was passing over at this time, but it isn't working at the moment. Does anyone know what location the international space station is passing over right now? One caveat: I went outside about 15 minutes ago because a lightning storm seems to be developing in our area, and I saw something similar to what you've described--slow moving star. My initial thought was "Oh, the space station." and I promptly went inside to track it, which--as you know--wasn't successful. It's doubtful we're looking at the same thing, as I am in Texas and you are in California. I don't know.

try Heavens Above for tracking and location info, maps and starcharts:
www.heavens-above.com...

jw

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
definatley a glitch. come on.... these things are all over. in the most baron places and only in the cloud. it has to be a graphics thing.

nothing will come of it

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
OK - too many clouds today -- off topic from flash earth go to search:
22 D 39' 44 N x 81 D 36' 43N --- aka - 22.661303 x 81.612205

And there's a stupid face somewhere near India. :->

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Love an explanation from those who were/are 100% sure it's an image defect.

How do you make those cloud manipulations in an image artifact theory?

I'm not 100% sure the colours are an image defect - but I think it probably is based on what I've read and experienced with digital images I've taken. I wasn't talking in absolutes.

The cloud formations in the picture may or may not show disturbance. Parts of the picture look like the patterns sand makes on a beach. They're not on a beach though. I'm no meteorologist and I think I'd be better placed to interpret those cloud formations if I was. So I'm not sure what they are.

I think there may be a weatherman on ATS that could comment.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Oh I dont know, the only times I have seen gatherings like this we have had major disruptions like hurricanes. Seems like earth is a disaster vacation destination spot for the ET.

Could be the icestorms, the possibility of Redoubt? Something is going to happen, if its not the ice storm event.

ET is not a theory for some, and I am one.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Are you sure they are not PLANES???? How do we know if they are UFOs?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Understood. I just wanted to introduce the possibility, as some ATS users aren't familiar with the satellites and planets that make frequent appearances in the night sky.

Thanks for the link, jdub297.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
I see exactly what you mean. Here is a capture of multiples cutting through and even disturbing the cloud layer.

People will only see what they want. You know and I know, even the people who deny know something is about to happen.

Cheers and good luck.

I can't see anything like it at this location, and it seems like the feed doesn't even support such a good resolution. :/

Anyone managed to see the same objects effecting the clouds?

However, these dots look like glitches. They're only in cloudy areas and way too many, if you ask me. But interesting stuff anyway.

It would be great, if someone who is watching the direct feed for a longer period could tell if these things occur regularely or just today.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by hackbart]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Another theory to add. What if the colored dots were there to hide what was really there?

How would you hide so many craft, without putting blotches all over the place? "We'll just turn them into "glitches." "

It's happened before, not in this way though. A recent picture of the face on Mars looked like it had been deliberately tampered with, graphically.

Just something I'm throwing out there.

Troy

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Look at the yahoo map of the area, it's an option. You'll see that the disturbances in the clouds are caused by a mountain range island. seriously, take a look of the same area

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
And what about the rectangles?
more glitches of the same kind?

Full Size Image

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Sator]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Indeed.

As I said earlier, most of the coloured dots lean towards an anomaly, but those cloud disturbances have really thrown me.

Oz Weatherman is our local weather and sky expert. I'll shoot him a U2U and see if he will drop in and take a look.

Problem is tho, posters like him and Internos kill any excitement in semi-baseless threads like this haha. Professional, logical thread killers

[edit on 1-2-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
reply to post by arizonascott

Look at the yahoo map of the area, it's an option. You'll see that the disturbances in the clouds are caused by a mountain range island. seriously, take a look of the same area

The area (49° 45' 10" S, 25° 21' 48" W) is located in the atlantic ocean, so it's not possible that these objects are mountains.

Edit: My fault, it's south not north, but still in the middle of the atlantic ocean

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
too many clouds on Earth today?!!?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

As an unnoticed poster has previously mentioned, the Chinese new year began last month on 01/26/2009 fifteen days later the lantern festival occurs, often with the release of sky lanterns. Here in America the festival is shortened as well as in other major cities around the world. With cities hosting public celebrations and the sheer factor of child's entertainment these are being released right now all over areas populated by persons Celebrating or participating in the Chinese new year. They come in colors and end up in the high winds above the earth. They are used in many different types of celebrations around the world and are ofter mistaken for UFOS. Just a thought........

~Hyp

[edit on 1-2-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hackbart

Thanks for those coordinates. Looking at the location, how close is that to London Heathrow/London Gatwick trans-Atlantic flight paths?

There is something called the North Atlantic track, I found an image of it here:

www.whythe.co.uk...

(from www.whythe.co.uk... NATS = National Air Traffic Services)

edit:

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit:

This post is wrong and based on the wrong information prior to it being edited.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by jackphotohobby]

[edit on 1-2-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackphotohobby
reply to post by hackbart

Thanks for those coordinates. Looking at the location, how close is that to London Heathrow/London Gatwick trans-Atlantic flight paths?

There is something called the North Atlantic track, I found an image of it here:

www.whythe.co.uk...

(from www.whythe.co.uk... NATS = National Air Traffic Services)

The location is between south america and africa. I've found some more in this area:

Here's a close-up of the objects at 49° 45' 10" S, 25° 21' 48" W:

Very strange, i'm wondering what they are, and if they're connected to the colored dots.

But i think we can rule out planes. They seem a little bit too big to me, but i'm not quite sure though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join