It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of UFO's On Our Skies! Now!! On NASA Feed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interesting though.

Logic tells me they are simply image defects, however, they are all over cloud cover for starters (as Worldwatcher said).

Also, they all seem to be near fairly large population centres.

I just checked and found large groups near Beijing, Moscow, London and New York. Sounds like a B-grade sci-fi movie plot.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's not just around the large cities, that's cause it's the only place you looked. I also noticed this photo error in clouds over Antarctica.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I'll save the OP some trouble.

This is Melbourne and Sydney, AU.

Check for yourselves using the coordinates in the images if you want.

Hey res, yeah I'm in Port. Looks like a few should be around our skies if they are more than image faults.

Right click and select View Image to see it full size, or Direct Link here

[edit on 1-2-2009 by fooffstarr]

Thanks for checking. Sorry about the caps, new poster here

Keep looking. I will.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
very interesting, are they here for the superbowl? Or to continue the stall on the analog tv switch over?

So many off the coast of california, between hawaii and the ca. coast.

Could this have to do with Redoubt about to go?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thats a good point!!

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

She's still there so i guess they all made it intime for the show...!!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
very interesting, are they here for the superbowl? Or to continue the stall on the analog tv switch over?

So many off the coast of california, between hawaii and the ca. coast.

Could this have to do with Redoubt about to go?

You'd better put superbowl apart from your mind. This is serious. It's not my intent to scare or joke, but to inform and research the truth together.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
It's not just around the large cities, that's cause it's the only place you looked. I also noticed this photo error in clouds over Antarctica.

YES! Mainly in large unpopulated areas. The poles, Siberia, Kazakisthan, China, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, Brasil, Andes, everywhere!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Interesting though.

Logic tells me they are simply image defects, however, they are all over cloud cover for starters (as Worldwatcher said).

Also, they all seem to be near fairly large population centres.

I just checked and found large groups near Beijing, Moscow, London and New York. Sounds like a B-grade sci-fi movie plot.

I accept I could be talking out of my bottom, but I suspect if ambient noise originating from the ground affected the sensors, cities could increase ambient noise.

OP, and/or people less lazy than myself should drop NASA an email. This sort of stuff is way technical.

It does say on the (OnEarth) site that various errors may be visible, but only in the context of updating the mosaic:

... In general, the latest images are between 6 and 24 hour old. The update process is automated, various errors might be visible. ...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackphotohobby

It does say on the (OnEarth) site that various errors may be visible, but only in the context of updating the mosaic:

- Exactly. It seemed to me that there was a lot of masking before and it was removed.

... In general, the latest images are between 6 and 24 hour old. The update process is automated, various errors might be visible. ...

- Look closer, you'll see that those things have 3 dimensional shapes. There's a high chance of not being errors. I've compared the location of the dots to see if they would match cities, no. If it was an error how come you don't see those "errors" outside of clouds?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by r00ster

They might have something to do with the clouds.

Possibly an artifact in the process of constructing cloud textures. As Worldwatcher said, the cloud part means something. It's either got to do with image problems or flying MnMs that are trying to stay hidden.

I go with the former.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by r00ster
- Look closer, you'll see that those things have 3 dimensional shapes. There's a high chance of not being errors. I've compared the location of the dots to see if they would match cities, no. If it was an error how come you don't see those "errors" outside of clouds?

I think it points towards errors in the way the cloud data is processed for display. The sensors do not work in the same way as digital camera sensors. They capture measurements of things we could only estimate using conventional photography - it's likely even if they captured something that is three dimensional it wouldn't look like that when processed.

The images on the site are built up from scientific data rather than captured as a conventional photographic image.

Edit: changed 'digital camera processors' to 'digital camera sensors'. I was been thick.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
what i've been noticing is that all of the little dots/"ships" are the typical 3 colors you find in a printer, red, yellow and blue. This makes me think it's a glitch in the satellite. however, i can't be too sure seeing as how these dots aren't all over the place including in cloud coverage over Washington state and over parts of mid Africa, again, i could be mistaken but that's what it looks like.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

It can be ufos or errors or project bluebeam. But much is going on, I'm sure.
Coincidentally, the resolution just dropped to a low level on flashearth.com.

Scroogle for GALACTIC FEDERATION OF LIGHT; PLEIADIANS; PROJECT BLUEBEAM,
Get informed.
Keep your eyes in the skies.
Namaste.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

My son has a degree in vidoegraphy and he thinks it is chromatic pixilazation from the sensor read; hence the 3 color prizmatic effect, from either dust on the lense or a false read from the different densities in the cloud cover.

oh,well.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by r00ster

This is a good example of why too few take UFOs seriously.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Inverted-color close up screen shot.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's not only in the cloud cover, it's in the white areas, as you can see in this image.

Also, as noticed before, the fact that the dots have all one of three colours (cyan, magenta and yellow) only helps me think that this is some processing problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Those are just street lights.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have a question about this. When the image was taken, if these were some type of ufos wouldn't some appear blurry because of movement? The dots that I see "appear" pretty clear to me - it seems that some of them would have been moving when the image was taken.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Taking note of the colours of the pixels and I see magenta and cyan. I think it has summit to do with pixelation and clouds. Simple as that.

No scoop me thinks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join