It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was really happening in the world yesterday?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Does anyone else sense a false flag with that downed airplane being covered for hours and hours when no one even got hurt? What was really going on that our eyes were being diverted from? Surely i am not the only person who sees something odd about this.
The pilot was ex-air force
His decision was super quick, almost perfect, and he IS an older gent
no one actually got hurt but it was quite a scare
I saw it on the news in the morning, then i went to sleep, when i awoke that afternoon, it was still the only thing receiving attention, this was at least 6 hours later, why did it get so much attention?
It is definately a "top story" type of incident but it got full non stop coverage like a darn hostage situation or something, it would have been safe to report my morning news to me as usual after if was confirmed that everyone was okay wouldn't it?
I might be grasping at straws, but I think something else was going on, maybe someone could snoop around and find out what it was.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Consider those straws well and truly clutched my friend.

Since everyone survived we will get a good hundred accurate witness statements from the passengers correlating each others stories.

Nothing to worry about!

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Don't you think it deserving of a long news slot as opposed to a hostage situation as you mentioned?

Not enough death and destruction in it for you?

It was newsworthy because the pilot did a fantastic job in bringing the plane down with no engines into a river with nobody seriously hurt. Hailed a miracle I think it was a pleasant distraction from the crap happening in the world right now.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

well maybe.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The MSM is desperately looking for stories that don't focus on the economy. They found one and ran with it and it's not over yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Its a perfect story for the Mob owned press. They can report it practically out their own windows.

They may be hiding something, but more likely its just perfect for their agenda. Its a big event non-story.

It just makes it easier to hide everything really important.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
False Flag? Complete Nonsense!

Dude, you need to have a warm cup of milk and put yourself to bed! If you're getting all jazzed up over that, then you are imagining things.. straight up!

IRM

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think they were sending a message...That's why I incorporated one of the early quotes from the event into my Signature. The best way to hide something is in plain sight.

It caught my eye immediately.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

oh i don't get all worked up over much of anything. Just thought it was odd that it got so much non stop coverage. I am a news junkie, and even i fell asleep while trying to watch it after the first hour and a half.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It wasn't a False Flag, it was a distraction. As one poster said above, anything to keep Americans from focusing on the economy is run in a loop. Remember when Regan died? There are others too, the MSM will stay on a story all day, and then Americans can go to bed thinking about that instead of what really is bothering them.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
Does anyone else sense a false flag with that downed airplane being covered for hours and hours when no one even got hurt?

No pilot has ever soft landed a plane of this size into water and managed zero casualties.

At least that is what the papers are saying.

Think about that. the wings aren't perfectly level when you belly flop onto the water and what happens? a bit of water weighs down one wing? cartwheels.

a plane, cartwheeling over the water at that speed? death. For the lucky ones. The unlucky ones will be injured and sinking to the bottom of the freezing hudson river as the rescue crews try and locate people amid the burning waters.

So, a pilot does the near impossible. Calmly gets everyone out of the sinking plane in a manner of minutes and then goes back to check the plane as water rushes in around him, to make sure everyone got out and you see this as an accident where no one was hurt?

There's no doubt that the way the two engines failed is odd. There's no doubt that a double bird strike would be pretty random. So, while they sort out that mess, give that pilot some credit and understand that news doesn't have to be a tragedy to be news.

And what, pray tell, were we distracted from?

the pointless press conference from Bush? nope.
The economic woes? nope, cnbc was reporting a Bank of America connection to the crash and they even brought up the oddity of the last craft to crash into the hudson being a helicopter with BoA execs on board.
Gaza? if we are to pull false flags to distract from the issues in Gaza, there would be planes dropping from the skies daily.

So, what, exactly, was the news we missed yesterday as a result of the heroic work of the pilot and his crew yesterday?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Same thing happens when a celebrity dies or their kid finally finds outho their daddy is (Anna nicole) or whenever paris hilton drives drunk.

Distracting us from what really matters, the government screwing us.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

i think you are right.
2nd line.
unless anyone has something great to add i don't mind if this is closed. It makes a lot of sense that it was ran so much because it was uplifting and distracting from the economy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't think it was a false flag situation, but I do DEFINITELY think that it was meant to distract us from something else. Yes, the pilot did a GREAT thing in managing no casualties. However, I saw it on the news yesterday afternoon and it was covered at least up until this morning. Raises a flag, but not a false one.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

the other thing that needs to be remembered here is this is NYC we're talking about.

a low flying plane crashing into the river brought back some rather unpleasant memories for anyone who happened to see the plane coming in. 1000 feet over the George Washington Bridge?

I see that and I'm thinking "here we go again."

It seems that was what we were all thinking.

Plane goes down, it will be big news. It happens a couple of miles from Ground Zero? A bit more attention, perhaps.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Citibank died yesterday. Maybe it was trying to distract you all from that cataclysmic event.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It deserves news coverage, it doesn't need to be covered for almost 24 hours. It doesn't need to be the sole story of importance. I have family in NYC, but this wasn't just another WTC...this was a plane that crashed into the Hudson river and everyone survived. GREAT, can we hear about what else happened now?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Crakeur has the whole thing exactly right. A miraculous situation was covered. Everyone is just so darn used to the MSM only reporting inflated horror stories, something good MUST be a ruse!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The accident happened conveiently to cover the destruction of UN building in Gaza. Pilot's reaction was not planned...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
One thing that got no coverage that I saw until this morning is a new pact between the US and the UAE on guess what........nuclear technology!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join