It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was really happening in the world yesterday?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I never said any of it was a false flag, I said that it was probably a distraction of some sort and I would probably still be discussing it. I don't even remember there being much coverage, not like this anyway, of the crash in Queens. It's an unrelated event.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I see what you are saying but I think there are false flags everyday in the media.

It was a refreshing change to all the violence, kudos to the pilot but it does not change the fact that terrible things are still happening throughout the world daily.

Nice to hear of a happy ending for once though.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
Are you people daft? No one is saying that the CRASH IN AND OF ITSELF IS A CONSPIRACY. No one said that there were any radio controlled ducks or that the plane was brought down on purpose. Not one person said the crash was a conspiracy and yet you people are hanging on that.

Actually I think there are people believing it was set up. Even the OP mentions they feel it was a false flag.

The issue here is: THE EVENT WAS COVERED FOR AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF TIME. So excessive that it raises the questions of WHY it was necessary to cover it for so very long.

I've already said that if everyone had died I'd be saying the same things due to the fact that the event was covered for almost 24 hours straight...or are you guys just not reading that.

The plane crash was not a conspiracy, the constant coverage of the crash was probably some kind of distraction.

So why do you think I asked about tv and radio?
Why do you think I posted a screenshot of the CNN front page?

I understand what you're saying, the problem is I don't understand why you're saying it when I can't see what is being hidden.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

No one is saying that the CRASH IN AND OF ITSELF IS A CONSPIRACY

MicroTwit Basic v1.2

IF CRASH = DISTRACTION THEN DISTRACTION = CONSPIRACY

Ergo CRASH = CONSPIRACY

So yet again - I don't know what you mean?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The front page of CNN's website today is useless, as it is not the front page from yesterday. I don't know about the radio. But I will explain why I'm saying what I'm saying.

Yes, this was a great story, for the first few hours. However; it was covered excessively. It's pretty safe to say that a good majority of the population gets it's news from the CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC channels rather than the websites or the radio. That being said, this story was in the focus of the public eye for almost an entire day, people tend to focus on what's getting the most media attention (see Caylee Anthony) and not even notice anything else.

And just a note on the contradiction of your last sentence: Of course you can't see what's being hidden...it's being hidden.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well, clearly I beg to differ, I think Crakeur sums it up best, planes don't ditch in water like this one did and survives. This alone is big news.

There is no diversion tactic here, why would they even need this plane crash to cover it? If they (whoever they are) have as much power in the media as you believe, they could suppress whatever they wanted anyway, without a 'diversion'

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Once again, I'm not saying they needed the plane to crash or even that they conspired for it to do so. The event itself is not in question. The exceedingly long coverage of it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
lmao

you guys are silly gooses

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I don't think we're gonna get much further than this do you?

So lets agree to disagree shall we?

My head can't take much more of this brick wall.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hey, we're adults here. That's fine with me. I was only trying to get you to understand that I don't think the plane was crashed on purpose.
Have a great day!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The media does tend to beat a dead horse, over and over and over again. I heard it all day on cnn, then on the local news, then on the evening news, then on Larry King, then on Anderson Cooper!!!! Granted it was truly a miracle, thank god for the pilot, imagine what sort of terrible disaster it could have been!

Ratings is the bottom line, it was the hot news story of the day, now hailed by our Governor as the Miracle on the Hudson. They are going to get as much mileage out of this as they can, it is the nature of the beast.

Having only network news is limiting. Yet there are so many sources. I do not have full cable, my finances don't permit that much money for TV. Still I have access to cnn, fox, pbs, democracy now, and a couple of independent broadcasts on public access. If a person wants to know what is going on in the world, with a bit of effort they can be well informed. We all have access to internet news, that has opened up a whole new world.

In this case, IMHO it was and is all about the ratings.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Some of y'all need to get a grip! How long have you been living in North America? What on Earth would you expect the media to do with a story like this? I would be suspicious if it did *not* receive saturation coverage!

I want Capt. Sullenberger at the controls next time I fly!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It was a random event, which was utilized as a distraction. From what? God knows. Maybe the MSM decided the only thing to do with such a news story is play it till peoples heads explode. I would not know, I don't watch tv, in fact I found out about it here on ATS. At like 2:30 last night.

The only thing I found suspicious in the actual event was that not a single passenger had on a life jacket. Not a one. That is weird, especially seeing how the pilot is sooo well known about how much of a prig for safety he is, yet he happens to not inform everyone they had to take their pfd with them outside.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
For the last many days it has been 1) economy and 2) inauguration in the news cycle. This was completely out of the blue and very different, with a surprisingly happy ending. Nothing else was going yesterday on except said 1) economy and 2) inauguration, so the MSM just jumped on the 'feel good' story bandwagon for awhile. I don't see anything sinister underneath it at this point.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm so fortunate to be employed by a Danish MSM now. The job is actually quite nice (the only true red paper left in Denmark) and people are as common as they come.

I was working yesterday when that whole plane thing came out, and honestly, it was just the most exciting thing to happen at that time.
The journalists sit and scour the news around the world just like you and this story was just plain old interesting.
It didn't make todays front page, but got a simple section somewhere in the paper.

So yes, of course they needed something new to write than the bad economy. You can't plaster a paper full of economy stories and expect people to buy it. You gotta have variation for the sake of varition. Nothing spectacular about that.

People are suckers for sensation and that's what you get. It's your own damn fault. If you wanted sugarcoated stories instead you'd be getting that. That's how you sell papers.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This story was uplifting to my spirit. With day after day of 24 hour coverage of war and economic collapse it was good to get a break. To see all the boats and people rushing to help their fellow man and the stories of the passengers orderly exit with women and children first really gives me hope for humanity.

There is a chance for us, we are not doomed. We can stick together and help each other out in bad times. It won't be evey man for himself if the SHTF in the future. We won't go around killing each other.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I hope the pilot and crew get the American equivelent of the Brit George cross.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree, the story is amazing and uplifting.
But... the news stations are still covering this almost nonstop...
It's fine and understandable, but I'm ready to hear the rest of the news now.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

i think you are right...............as my friend spannmark said:

It is based, as we shall soon see, on the highly effective political-science concept called the Hegelian dialectic, also known as "problem-reaction-solution, a political dictum that a manufactured crisis leads to opportunity
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a diversion tactic keeping the boob tube watchers busy......the media is nothing but crap, social conditioning.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The New York Times has said there were 23 Bank of America, employees, and Wells Fargo had 3 employees on the plane.
I also read somewhere the plane was"fired on",what means now Ido not know.

While I do believe this was breaking news, in the scheeme of things worldwide, it could not be regarded as major world news with blanket coverage.

Regards Morphy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join