It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was really happening in the world yesterday?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hehehe...

And I thought I was paranoid!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe they wanted to keep you glued to the tv so you didn't witness the giant rainbow halo around the sun yesterday. I know almost nothing about this plane except for what I overheard at work, this the one with the birds? I dunno, but that halo was absolutely Amazing!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So, to complain about an event that gets too much TV coverage start a thread on ATS and talk about it for several pages?!?! Am I the only one who gets a good laugh out of this site on a daily basis?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
People can laugh all they want but I would not be so very hasty and snarky about it all. My wife told me after about the 5th hour of coverage yesterday on all the different news site and all the different regular programs on each of the different new sites that something was strange. I have to say there is something very strange about the non-stop coverage. I mean it was an awesome job by the pilot and never has been done and all the lives were saved , yadda, yadda , yadda. That deserves coverage and more than the average for sure , but non- fricking stop all night and I stay up til about 7am due to my work schedule. This afternoon when I wake the same thing on all the news and the trip to the store before work and all 3 of the fm talk programs on the radio....the plane , the plane , the plane. I am not saying that it was purposely caused at all but at the very least it the incident was a very nice gift for the powers that be to inundate the population with this to keep us distracted from the economy? , the war in Gaza ? who knows? I honestly believe it was used as a distraction. Again I reiterate that I dont think it happened on purpose (but wouldnt be suprised if so) but it was a great gift to keep us distracted. Call me an idiot, call me paranoid , rant all you want about how amazing it was , you still wont change my mind that it was used for distraction even if it was just an accident.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by savagediver]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I thought it was great to get some good news for once! We all desperately needed it I think. Of course it wasn't good news that the plane crashed but it was great news that everybody made it out alive. If it by some miracle was fake then for once I think I'll just take the blue pill on that one.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

As you said to another poster...

"LISTEN to yourself!

How can a flock of BIRDS be coordinated to fly into the engines of a plane?

Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

For the love of god, just embrace some good news for once!"

As one poster mentioned, nothing has been hidden - It's in plain view.

There were two miracles, if you will, that were performed in this event. Birds were "coordinated" to fly into the engines of an airplane causing the plane to "crash" and everyone survived.

I am thinking the person may have been on the plane in question in order to access more mind power to direct the birds into the engines of the plane, which could also explain why they all survived as well.

It's pretty incredible.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
well this certainly goes to show that you just can't ever tell what will be a popular story on here. I just thought it was strange, i mean how many times can they same the exact same thing over and over? yesterday it was like "And we have a press release coming in 4 more hours...stay tuned!" I was sittin there like "Okay, now they will report the other news, because that's 4 hours from now," but no. They just kept right on truckin with it. Beating a dead horse would be about right. I still am of the opinion that this was an excellent gift to the people who would have us distracted.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
Don't you think it deserving of a long news slot as opposed to a hostage situation as you mentioned?

Not enough death and destruction in it for you?

It was newsworthy because the pilot did a fantastic job in bringing the plane down with no engines into a river with nobody seriously hurt. Hailed a miracle I think it was a pleasant distraction from the crap happening in the world right now.

I agree it was a good story. I think sometimes these things happen when there is just no other newsworthy stuff out there so they milk it for all its worth... at least this time it was good news.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
very true, i had no idea this thread would take off. so apparently i'm not the only paranoid freak on here.
this IS a means to a distraction, i think we have progressed to that point pretty clearly, now as to the actual accident, maybe it was just anaccident, but with great timing.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
For a while I thought the "Gold Standard" thread was the epitome of nonsense threads here on ATS. Now that this thread surfaced it appears to have replaced that thread. How messed up can people get to call this a false flag? Honestly is the problem related to taking drugs or alcoholism? How messed up, please get some help.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There's no flag of any kind here, except the hero of a pilot. It was a sensation because of the facts.......fast thinking pilot.....plane landing almost in one piece
on water....the plane holding together....everyone survived with minor injuries.
Amazing in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Missing engines stall US Airways Hudson river crash probe

THE investigation into the US Airways Airbus crash into New York's Hudson River has been hampered by the loss of both engines in the river and the inability to reach the plane's black box, officials say.

www.news.com.au...

Just thought it might add to the thread!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hey Grandma,
I agree with you. I just turned off the news thinking; Lord have mercy, I am so sick of this story. It is 7:30 pm on Friday and they will not shut up about it. Why? Then I came in here to see what else was up and ran across your post. Yea something is up. I mean I am very happy that the pilot did a great job and no one got hurt but how often does the news go on and on about something so positive... UM, NEVER. Maybe it is good news in the midst of so much horror in the world. I'm just not sure but I think you pose a most excellent question: What is really going on?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You guys should be happy that you see the version of this story where everyone on the plane is saved. I think an another version with an alternate ending is playing on another plane.

You really don't want to be there to see that version.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I can't believe some of you people. This story was amazing! These passengers were heroic and they showed how resilient we can be. The pilot did a great job at landing in the water and everyone made it out safely... I agree with the other users... it was really uplifting.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have to say that I agree that the coverage was extensive, but it was a truely heroic thing.

I think that America needed a "feel good" story for the masses. It is so good for the soul to hear that something finally went right, even if it was during an emergency situation.

It's time for real hero's to stand out, if only for their 15 min.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I can't believe some of you people. This story was amazing! These passengers were heroic and they showed how resilient we can be. The pilot did a great job at landing in the water and everyone made it out safely... I agree with the other users... it was really uplifting.

yes it was. now: How many tiimes can you say that and still be interested? can you repeat it over and over for, oh, like 24 hours, and still make it sound amazing? or does one get the point after the irst, oh, 12 hours???? hmm?
there was other news happening
citibank
the UN building
the bailout at midnight of that day
They didn't want you to have to worry your pretty little head about any of that, and they did a pretty good job apprently.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Lets be honest here.

If that pilot had not had acted, as he did.
That plane could have easily flew into a building, or a street, killing thousands

i think it was VERY news worthy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
just curious, plane hits geese, geese gets sucked into engines, shut down engines, planes looses power and control, Then how doe's pilot manage to make a complete 180 and control flaps enough to make a water landing nose up without power,,,sounds fishy....lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join