It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“OMG! ‘Faith’ and ‘Quantum Physics’ are the SAME thing!” Well Maybe…??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ..†..
When i saw this post i immediately remembered a certain scene in a documentary about quantum physics. It had to do with a random number generator that only produced 1's and 0's. And when you wished for more ones and pushed the star button you got more ones! When you wished for more 0's you got more 0's.

Hey do have a name for that show?

OT

Sounds interesting!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Hello OldThinker,

It took me a while but i found it. It's a scene from 'what the bleep do we know?'
I found the exact scene where they talk about the random number generator.

It starts at 1:37

Enjoy!

**Due to my user name not being up to par with this forms regulations i have logged on with a new user name: Man on Fire. You can still PM/U2U me but i will keep my posts with ..†.. to a bare minimum.
Thank you**

[edit on 2-12-2008 by ..†..]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ..†..

Welll...that was quick....

Got to go to work now...

I'll check it out later today...

OT

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I saw "What the Bleep" as soon as it came out. It deepened my faith because I finally understood part of how He answered my prayers. It started my infosearch on quantum physics amongst other things but I still really cant grasp it all.

Here's the part that always bothered me OldTimer:

If the universe and its rules can be affected at any moment in time and space, then are there any true universal laws/rules?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Cairowoman]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cairowoman

Well is guess the answer to your question is that; the rules are what you make them.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Man on Fire

Well is guess the answer to your question is that; the rules are what you make them.

Wow. Thats deep. I have to think on that some because on one side I see the order in things, on the other hand I see how you can "create your world".

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cairowoman

Wow. Thats deep. I have to think on that some because on one side I see the order in things, on the other hand I see how you can "create your world".

Could it be that creating your world...IS...apart of the order of things?

Thanks for joining!

OT

Oldthinker

Not oldtimer!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by darkelf
I just finished re-reading one of my favorite Dean Koontz books

Dean Koontz ?

OT never heard of him...pls tell me more...can 'google' him?

Thx for joining darkelf,
OT always appreciates your input!

OT, Dean Koontz is a fiction writer with some really good works under his belt. I’ve been reading him for years. He weaves the struggle between good and evil throughout his books in a way that is not preachy. From the Corner of His Eye delves into the possibility of multiple dimensions (similar to some of Stephen King’s works) but in a way that doesn’t seem so far fetched. It’s like the butterfly effect, where a butterfly beating his wings in China can affect the weather in Chicago. Here’s an excerpt on this book from his site:

Bartholomew Lampion is born on a day of tragedy and terror that will mark his family forever. All agree that his unusual eyes are the most beautiful they have ever seen. On this same day, a thousand miles away, a ruthless man learns that he has a mortal enemy named Bartholomew. He embarks on a relentless search to find this enemy, a search that will consume his life. And a girl is born from a brutal rape, her destiny mysteriously linked to Barty and the man who stalks him.

At the age of three, Barty Lampion is blinded when surgeons remove his eyes to save him from a fast-spreading cancer. As he copes with his blindness and proves to be a prodigy, his mother counsels him that all things happen for a reason and that every person’s life has an effect on every other person’s, in often unknowable ways.

At thirteen, Bartholomew regains his sight. How he regains it, why he regains it, and what happens as his amazing life unfolds and entwines with others results in a breathtaking journey of courage, heart-stopping suspense, and high adventure.

Source

I believe that God created space and time i.e. Genesis 1:1. I also believe that in the realm of the spiritual, there are many worlds we cannot see, but sometimes we perceive them. If we have free will, and each of our actions has a consequence, then there must be a place where we’ve made those decisions differently for different consequences some better and some worse. There has to be a way that each dimension exists and all at the same time. Each life is like a giant oak tree with many branches, yet each tree is inter-connected. I’ve felt this before but I just don’t have the words to describe those moments.

*edit to fix quotes*

[edit on 12/2/2008 by darkelf]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Man on Fire, hey welcome!

What are your thoughts on FAITH...being THE unseen 'substance' that makes 'material'?

How does WORDS play?

OT

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I am sorry OldThinker. My hubby was asking what time it was and I guess I typed it. Freudian slip..or quantum time slip...oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh spooky. Just kidding.

Interesting concept. However, correct me if I am wrong but doesnt it all come down to the collective consciousness on a macro level? So no matter what your reality is, if everyone elses reality is something else, wont it change yours, no matter what?

Help--this is alot for AM thinking.....I hope I made sense......

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Thanks for that...

You may also like...

This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti, is among the classic novels of the Christian thriller genre. First published in 1986, Peretti's book set a suspenseful standard in spiritual warfare story-telling that has rarely been met by his contemporaries. Set in the apparently innocent small town of Ashton, This Present Darkness follows an intrepid born-again Christian preacher and newspaper reporter as they unearth a New Age plot to take over the local community and eventually the entire world. Nearly every page of the book describes sulfur-breathing, black-winged, slobbering demons battling with tall, handsome, angelic warriors on a level of reality that is just beyond the senses. However, Christian believers and New Age demon-worshippers are able to influence unseen clashes between good and evil by the power of prayer. Peretti's violent descriptions of exorcisms are especially vivid: "There were fifteen [demons], packed into Carmen's body like crawling, superimposed maggots, boiling, writhing, a tangle of hideous arms, legs, talons, and heads." This book is not for the squeamish. But for page-turning spiritual suspense, it's hard to beat.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Yes, definitely too heavy for AM...

OT is multi-tasking too...let's leave that research/answer for later tonight...ok?

I will get back with you...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What about these verses?

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." (Proverbs 18:21)

I just wanted to add them because they help to supplement the original verse.

But this one is especially interesting to me...."Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." (Proverbs 16:24) when you think of the whole Emoto experiments in "What the Bleep".

Emoto Experiment

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I love Frank Peretti. I read that back in the early or mid 90s I believe. I no longer have that book, as with 7 major moves in 10 years, Ive donated alot of books to the local libraries to cut down on the amount of space needed for moving.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

These are excellent supplemental verses!!!

You know I got the youtube very late last night...so I haven't seen it yet...will see it later today and I'll get back with you...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I found the Emoto Experience absolutely fascinating. It reminded me of Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I really try to dwell on the positive rather than the negative as I believe that thoughts affect us more than most people want to admit.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hey OldThinker,

Sorry for the late reply,
My word on faith? Well i am a strong believer of the 'observer' theory so i guess that when you have FAITH things do not have to change for the worst!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Off topic . . . if you like Peretti, you'll probably like Randy Alcorn. His books deal alot in the spiritual realm.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

I really try to dwell on the positive rather than the negative as I believe that thoughts affect us more than most people want to admit.

OT 2nds that!

"if you think you can or cannot, you're right" Henry Ford

"as a man thinks, so IS he" Solomon

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

yah, that was the nexus lol

You might be blurring dimensions with alternate universes though...

a single dimension is a straight line... nothing can exist (except for a line...) in 1 dimension... 2 dimensions is the minimum something can exist at

each dimension is an axis... if there are indeed 11 dimensions, than there are 11 axis... each meet each other at the same point... and are perpendicular to each other...

thats what makes it hard to fathom... 11 lines all intersecting each other at the same point all at 90 degree angles...

makes ur brain melt lol

nj, can you expand a bit more for slow OT on the difference between dimensions....and alternate universes?

Is the a book or youtube I can see...

Good contribution on this one big guy!

OT

Kids? 1 and 3...eeekkk!

Don't miss those days...although they were cute...enjoy! They be graduated from college before you know it! It's that TIME thang, again

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join