It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“OMG! ‘Faith’ and ‘Quantum Physics’ are the SAME thing!” Well Maybe…??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

D) Is there time in eternity? Are past-on relatives ‘waiting’ for us in Heaven?

Is there time in eternity?

First lets look at the definition for eternity....

1.Time without beginning or end; infinite time.
2.The state or quality of being eternal.

3.The timeless state following death.
4.The afterlife; immortality.
5.A very long or seemingly endless time: waited in the dentist's office for an eternity....

Eternity has no time or watches, it has no need of them, It is timeless.

Are past-on relatives ‘waiting’ for us in Heaven?

According to the Bible, all who trust Christ as Lord and Saviour will be in heaven..........So the answer is yes. And for those that do not believe, just over look this post....

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

JOY, huh?

Joy in the journey....that's OT's take on this thing called life...

Simplynoone, your transparency on that last fine thread from nj2day....was awesome....thank you for that....

Sorry bout OT's thread....there are complex I know...

Please notice my avatar....I'm on here for a purpose....I have never met such brilliant folks before in my life....btw, where's that young man GOOD WOLF?

Boy, I wish I had his smarts at 19....bet his was the valla-vic dude from the HS?

OT was in the buttom 1/4 as I remember....that was SO long ago....

You know the 2nd thing to go is the memory....OT can't remember the 1st! ???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

K) What other secular sources/schools of discipline that would contribute?

www.successconsciousness.com...

www.lawofattractionsimplified.com...

www.innercompass.com.au...

www.caralumen.com...

www.abundance-and-happiness.com...

Just a few you might like.............................

[edit on 1-12-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111

D) Is there time in eternity? Are past-on relatives ‘waiting’ for us in Heaven?

Are past-on relatives ‘waiting’ for us in Heaven?

According to the Bible, all who trust Christ as Lord and Saviour will be in heaven..........So the answer is yes. And for those that do not believe, just over look this post....

OT not sure...?????

Since eternity/heaven is OUT of time....maybe they are not....'waiting?'

God forbid....I have 4 kids....I always thought....'should one of them be ill (when they were young) I'd say to them....'boy are you lucky!!!!!!! You get to meet the 'creator Jesus' BEFORE dad....but I'll be there JUST after you...just AFTER...I'd say (hypothetically) because there is no TIME in INFINITY (past the Speed of light?)

Unorthodox....OT knows...but I think possible/doable...????

Thank you SO VERY much for continuing to post and contribute to my humble thread....

OT honored!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

Sweet!!!!!!

Thanks for the posts....me and the boys will review....boys? you out there?

Atheists Boys that is?

better known as the A-B Crew....

I'll review for sure....the others are probably asleep??????

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Particle physics and quantum theory have really interested me every since I heard about them. Actually any science that is incomplete has gathered my interest, but the ones that deal with physical reality well that's the science that gets us all thinking. There are so many things that one would have to research to really get the full understanding though... I in particular put the faith in the scientist (like everyone else does) hoping to understand their explanation of it all. Here is just a list of some of the elementary particles (particles with no parts) and predicted ones - with definitions - (in accordance with standard theory)

quarks - hypothetical truly fundamental particle in mesons and baryons; there are supposed to be six flavors of quarks (and their antiquarks), which come in pairs; each has an electric charge of +2/3 or -1/3

leptons - An elementary particle that participates in weak interactions; has a baryon number of 0.

Baryons - A particle with half-odd-integer spin that
feels the strong force. A proton and a neutron,
for example, are baryons.

Hadron - An elementary particle that interacts by the
strong nuclear interaction.

mesons - A strongly interacting boson composed of a
quark-antiquark combination.

Higgs Boson - a particle predicted to exist in the Standard Model but as yet undetected; it is a massive scalar particle responsible for giving mass to other elementary particles.

Resonances - An excited state of a stable particle causing a sharp maximum in the probability of absorption of electromagnetic radiation.

Axion - a postulated low mass chargeless particle with small interactions; a candidate for dark matter in the universe.

Nuetrino - An elementary particle with zero charge and a very small mass; there are three known neutrinos, the electron, mu and tau.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm here OT...

reading whats going on... but staying quiet cause I dun wanna wreck your thread lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

juveous, don't think we have come across one another before...how'd you see the thread? You have certainly helped here...

OT

PS? Any thoughts on my OP questions...maybe you have some of your own, we should consider?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

hrm... I would have to disagree with this...

I would have to say for your god to really be as omnipotent as he is, he would have to exist within time as well... even though he's eternal...

Time is the 4th dimension. if the god in question is truely a "omnidimensional" (hehe, I think I just made that word up) being, He has to exist within the 4th dimension as well...

I do not believe in god... but I will say that perhaps instead of looking at it like he wouldn't exist within the 4th... I suggest you might want to apply a little relativity...

The theory of relativity could solve your conundrum...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

I'm here OT...

reading whats going on... but staying quiet cause I dun wanna wreck your thread lol.

Bro....that's good...apppreciate your attention...and TIME....since we have to deal with it....NOW!

That WAS a funnny I think???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I think the premise of the original post was too restrictive for me to participate fully LOL

It requires a consideration that god and jesus are foregone conclusions... and I do not believe this, as you well know :p

had the definition just been "god", with each poster allowed to define their version of the word god... I may have been able to participate more lol

I'll poke a post in here and there though, where I can offer input, without risking derailing your topic

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Time is the 4th dimension.

For sure....4th.....what's up with those who speak of 7?

Could this 7 dimensions help the discussion?

OT

I don't know????? I've asked some really really smart guys I know....to peek in on ATS....hopefully they will sign up and contribute?

OT

I so RESPECT you...even if we disagree NOW....we'll come around....

implying I have to too!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I'm here OT...

Not trying to pull anyone's feathers NJ.....
....Just giving my point of view, just keep an open mind as I will respect your view as well. we can at least agree to disagree.That is the wonderful thing about life, we are all different. Go ahead and post, You can leave God out and I can put him in. Its really no big deal to have differences.............Just think about it, some things we both may like.....(Pizza,Coke...The kind that is legal..
..Shrimp,Steak..etc,)........Just cause we disagree on somethings doesn't mean we will not stand together on others......................Cheers..

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I think the premise of the original post was too restrictive for me to participate fully LOL

It requires a consideration that god and jesus are foregone conclusions... and I do not believe this, as you well know :p

had the definition just been "god", with each poster allowed to define their version of the word god... I may have been able to participate more lol

I'll poke a post in here and there though, where I can offer input, without risking derailing your topic

whoa!

That is 'intellectually pure' GW would be surprized at OT's decorum....protocol....openess.....WHATEVER?

Yes, keep watching.....and slip in WHENEVER YOU SEE FIT....

Disagreement is good...ever read....As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

What does this passage from Proverbs 27:17 mean? It means that there is value in the meaningful discourse among men of God. That is, Godly conversation promotes intelligence, which the countenance then exhibits. But let me emphasize, this passage is talking about meaningful discourse and meaningful conversation and meaningful subject matter. And that brings the most value and a lasting impact to those engaged in that kind of dialog. Source: iron-sharpens-iron.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

actually, they believe there are at least 11 dimensions... lots more than 7

while it is impossible to "see" these dimensions.. it is possible to prove many of them mathematically...

in fact, some stuff in the universe doesn't make since mathematically, until you allow for more than 4 dimensions.

One of the most interesting theories i've heard of lately is a new take on gravity.

Gravity exists, yet, no one can figure out why... however, recent postulation has been around the fact that gravity may exist in other dimensions other than our 4.... Thus, we are only seeing the residual affects of a much stronger force...

the amazing implication of this is the fact that gravity is directly related to matter/mass...

Could this mean that matter, any matter at all, is actually an intersection of multiple dimensions?

If that is true, than we have WAAAy more than 11 dimensions... as each dimension is an axis meaning linear in nature...

This could mean that gravity is a powerful force in another dimension that connects all matter in the universe in a straight line...

holy crap dimensions are complicated....

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

A few pages back I asked about a word that is sounded when we breath?

Any thoughts on what it is....???

When I listen....when I breath....I heard........

YAHHHHHH>>>>>>>>

WEHHHHHH>>>>>>>>>>>

Man, that is freakin' wierd, huh?

You do it... listen......

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

From what little I know of Quantum Physics, which isn't enough, it seems that things get awfully freaky when you start looking at very very small things very very closely. In fact, the very act of looking very very closely (ie Observing) seems to change the result. It gets really weird when you start getting to the ultimate basic building blocks of ....well everything!

Quantum Physics is about as close as you can get to a mystic/religious experience in hard science.

Great topic for a thread.

link   

hrm... I would have to disagree with this...

I would have to say for your god to really be as omnipotent as he is, he would have to exist within time as well... even though he's eternal...

Time is the 4th dimension. if the god in question is truely a "omnidimensional" (hehe, I think I just made that word up) being, He has to exist within the 4th dimension as well...

I do not believe in god... but I will say that perhaps instead of looking at it like he wouldn't exist within the 4th... I suggest you might want to apply a little relativity...

The theory of relativity could solve your conundrum...

For God, time would be irrelevant. when you say he would have to exist in time is kind of misleading.......Note: God can be a part of any time or eternity, but he is not bound by the laws of time, therein time has no effect on him. God started time to coexist with man not God, the effects of time are prevalent with man IE:aging, but to God they do not exist.

link   

LOL sounds like you might have asthma OT hehehe

Sorry mate, I don't hear anything but the rushing of air...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

actually, they believe there are at least 11 dimensions... lots more than 7

................holy crap dimensions are complicated....

Do you mean HOLY CRAP I AM SMART? You, not me....ever thought you'd be USED of God....to further HIS work? eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join