It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“OMG! ‘Faith’ and ‘Quantum Physics’ are the SAME thing!” Well Maybe…??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A little busy right now, hope to join you all later.There sure was a lot of posting going on since I've been gone, you guys have been active.........

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

And....further....here's a challlenging one from Dr. Ross...

See... www.reasons.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Hey OT...

Using your treo... well aren't we all high tech lol

In your OP you ask:
"C) Is the Lord Jesus the missing ‘substance’ holding all ‘things’ together?"

I'm thinking the fact that the universe existed prior to his birth would prove otherwise...

jesus is not god.

sometimes I guess its easy for christians to forget this...

nj,

????

prior...?

not sure....?

the verdict is still out on that one....

= = = = =

Nj2day…

Here’s three reviews I would like your opinion on…plus get noobfun and GW to review, too if they have time and are available…ok?

OT

www.reasons.org...

www.reasons.org...

www.reasons.org...

OT

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
A little busy right now, hope to join you all later.There sure was a lot of posting going on since I've been gone, you guys have been active.........

rikk7111,

Oh yes....the posters have been 'engaged'!

Guess we have struck a nerve! ? !

OT

PS: We'll be glad for you to get back online, when you have time...btw, there are many many links for a challenge we've put online....please see, if you can?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here's more 'info' to consider....maybe from a bit more liberal perspective?

Source: www.harmonyunited.com...

Article:

What is Quantum Physics?

When I am asked what quantum physics is, I am compelled to answer that it is the final scientific proof that God is real. Here I do not mean the little "Christian" god of some ancient being sitting on a white throne in some remote corner of the universe and needing a hierarchy of priests to "communicate his will" to you poor "lost sinners". No, I mean the whole majestic undeniable universal presence of God. I mean "Paramatma" from the vedic teachings. I mean "Thou art God" in all spiritual teachings where truth is placed before personal power, greed and ego.

This is what Quantum Physics tells us:

The entire universe is conscious.

There are no random "just happened" events.

All forms, all creatures, every animal, bird, insect, flower, bacterium, fish - everything are expressions of consciousness arising out of the information contained in the Quantum Fields which are God.

Without this informed, universal consciousness being the information needed to grow your body, your organs, your skeleton - everything you have - no body would be possible. It is the universal divine presence which absolves you from chaos and gives you being.

Nothing is or can be separate from the Quantum Fields (God). Thou ART God! This is reality. This is your majesty and your glory. No man or woman is more or less than any other for all of us partake of the same "flesh of God" - the Quantum Information which gives us eternal life and being.

There is no danger, for consciousness is deathless, eternal and universal. You are and can never unbe!

Only form can change and this alone at the behest of consciousness, i.e. you!

Science has come full circle: Science began as the attempt to explain the universe "better" than "the church" could. Science sought proof based upon facts and not upon a requirement to blindly believe "or you imperil your immortal soul" (if it's immortal, how can it be imperilled? I ask.) Science has achieved its objective; first by proving that much of that which "the church" required you to believe is nonsense. Science did, however, not stop there and still has not stopped. Science went on to show that the original spiritual teachings, before they were distorted to permit a priesthood to satisfy egocentric desires to control others and to create chaos out of harmony, are a true, scientific statement of how the universe is structured and functions:

In the beginning was The Word (the command to be) and The Word was with God and The Word was God. …….. All things were made by God …………….. in God was life and the light (being consciousness) was the life of mankind. (St. John's Gospel; Bible) Quantum physics shows this to be a simple, true and accurate description of the universal consciousness of which we are all part. Just as you are in God, so is God within you. You need no priesthood to talk to yourself. Science, which sought to replace god, has, in the end, rediscovered GOD for you.

This is what Quantum Physics is - the rediscovery of who you are and the herald of a new beginning for mankind as he re-awakens her divine presence here on Earth. "

= = = = = =

Ot thanks the author for some great points!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
There are no random "just happened" events.

I gave the comment a star for the first sentence, but ouch! the attack on science

Science has come full circle: Science began as the attempt to explain the universe "better" than "the church" could.

The church has always used science...

Science has achieved its objective; first by proving that much of that which "the church" required you to believe is nonsense. Science did, however, not stop there and still has not stopped.

"Scientist" have maybe achieved that objective, - but science itself should not be attacked.

Science, which sought to replace god, has, in the end, rediscovered GOD for you.

This is what Quantum Physics is - the rediscovery of who you are and the herald of a new beginning for mankind as he re-awakens her divine presence here on Earth. "

again, science has sought to explain the natural world, not replace anything, those are the motives of a controlling, even arrogant scientist that just didn't agree with what God said.

insight is in-sight.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

www.reasons.org...

www.reasons.org...

www.reasons.org...

OT

do you really want my opinion on those? LOL it might instigate a debate in here lol

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

this hopping is making OT dissy...dizzy...whatever...Oh well Ohio State basketball won 2nite!

Not hoping....!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

juveous,

another great post...thought-provoking, for sure!

Have you ever heard of Ravi Z?

Here's his website...pls review! Input appreciated...after you see... www.rzim.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
'Faith' is blind.

However it is more intelligent to have faith in your choice that to do diligent research on the World around us instead of having an unquestioned faith in for example; a book written by Man, The Bible.

The thing is, many have faith in the Scientific ESTABLISHMENT, & believe everything it says, for example, that we cannot possibly travel faster than the speed of light, & according to that so called established ' fact', many blindly assume UFOs cannot be extraterrestrial craft, when many of them clearly are, due to the evidence of alien implants in abuctees.

Not being egocentric here, but I think this is a great post. Star me up, not many people give me stars!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time=Now
'Faith' is blind. - But having faith that to choose to do diligent research on the World around us is more intelligent than having unquestioned faith in for example; a book written by Man, The Bible.

The thing is, many have faith in the Scientific ESTABLISHMENT, & believe everything it says, for example, that we cannot possibly travel faster than the speed of light, & according to that so called established ' fact', many blindly assume UFOs cannot be extraterrestrial craft, when many of them clearly are, due to the evidence of alien implants in abuctees.

Time=Now,

Hey!

Great name...pretty true!

How'd you stumple on OT's thread?

Have not seen you before?

What are your thoughts/posts on the OP...lotta info there for sure, but what stuck out to you?

Thank you for the TIME....NOW!

OT

[edit on 2-12-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

wow, what a signature!!!

So true!!!

hit the link, though....the web site is having IT issues....overlapping, etc....hard to read....let the 'geeks'
know....God love um'!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

wow, what a signature!!!

So true!!!

hit the link, though....the web site is having IT issues....overlapping, etc....hard to read....let the 'geeks'
know....God love um'!

What a friggin fast reply! Oh my...

Guy... I am that geek... ;-p - Mate, I work on that site everyday.
WHAT IS OVERLAPPING??? What is hard to read? SEEMS fine for me, I checked with the latest IE, & Safari, & I recommend using Safari, although I'm addicted to Firefox. - On it now. - I'm going to switch to Flock. (irrevelvant comment due to me using MacDicate).
What browser rare you using? IE 6? No offence, but it works fine everywhere I check, what the heck? Sorry, but I can't help but to rhyme, for I am 'Time=Now' - The Cow that has escaped from the herd, & am on a mission to get all the ostriges's heads out, & to start screaming & shouting & giving a bees sting into the living heart of a true start to a depart of the Old 'American (day)dream', & a new beginning to true freedom, via knowledge & awareness of what is really going on.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Link #1...

have you looked at the items they list as Necessary Parameters for Life Support?

Star Birthdate? star age?

seriously... If the numbers they use for the parameters are even obtainable... I don't think we'd reasonably know half of them...

The only thing they proved there, if those figures are accurate, is the probability of a planet and solar system exactly like ours coming into existence a second time... its oversimplification at best....

Link #2...

The universal constants prove design? how does this work? First you have to rule out the possibility that life could exist with different constants...

Can you say with conviction that if the constants were different, (while the universe would be vastly different) that some other life form could develop? We cannot, as we only know of life as it is here on earth... Life on earth is all related, and replicates via DNA...

There ARE other replicators besides DNA on earth... Crystals. Crystals grow, and continue to replicate molecules of themselves... we could even say that The replicators contained in crystals are equivilent to our DNA, as the information needed to create a crystal of a certain geometric shape is encoded within the molecules themselves...

Did you know that some crystals can't grow spontaniously... but can only be seeded by fragments of a "parent" crystal?

We could very well be looking at another life form in its infancy developing right here on earth, and we'd never know it...

Do we know anythign beyond carbon based life? what of Hydrogen based life forms.. would we know one when we saw it? There is no reason this cannot exist.. Hydrogen is the most common element found in our universe... wouldn't it stand to reason that its possible?

Link 3...

Wow... just wow...

talk about decrees by fiat... they have actually disregarded modern studies into some theories, just so they can maintain that their version is true...

They draw some horrible conclusions, interject opinion and false "facts" with old research, and a few facts...

Out of the 3... the third one is the worst as far as "slanted" science, in that it seems to have absolutely no desire of discovery... I can't even count #3 as flawed research... I'd say its more along the lines of propaganda...

Honestly though, all 3 are "doing it backwards" in the sense that they are taking a conclusion, and seeking evidence to support the conclusion...

science takes observation, and draws conclusions based on the evidence the observation provides...

Sorry OT... u asked for it though

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Where the hell is my star for this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Time%3DNow ?

(being a joker) ie: Kidding... I'm not arrogant, I'm actually a cute bunny rabbit that was raised by chipmunks that play violins after a good smoke...

(just had to throw something in there that may make you laugh, as hard times are ahead...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
reply to post by OldThinker

science takes observation, and draws conclusions based on the evidence the observation provides...

Sorry OT... u asked for it though

No.....

That's what I want....I have no vested interest.....in that site.....

Trying to learn here....

Also, take a look at those Ravi Z site's/links.... a few posts back....bunch of videos....I think....be interested in your thoughts....

OT

PS: Also, where are you with Josh McDowell's 'EVIDENCE' book/s? Ever heard of him????

PSS: you are a fast reader......OT jealous....must have got those 'spects' ???

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Also, take a look at those Ravi Z site's/links.... a few posts back....bunch of videos....I think....be interested in your thoughts....

Will do.. gimme a little time

PS: Also, where are you with Josh McDowell's 'EVIDENCE' book/s? Ever heard of him????

nope lol never heard of him... should I have?

PSS: you are a fast reader......OT jealous....must have got those 'spects' ???

I was reading them before you asked me to read them LOL so I already had a jump start on ya

Some of the stuff isn't a new argument for ID... its pretty much what they have used for a while now... so it wasn't too 'intensive'.

Edit: stupid quotes... I fudge em up every time lol

[edit on 2-12-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Time=Now,

There are NO BAD times ahead....we (humans) will be OK!!!!

Less conspiracy thoughts...ok?....more 'hope' readings/listenings....maybe start here.....

Description: This message is Tony's trademark. He endeavors to show how surrendering to Christ enables individuals to have their personal, spiritual and psychological needs met. It goes on to point out that being yielded to Christ is to be part of a movement to change the world into the world that ought to be. This sermon picks up on the personal and social dimensions of the gospel.

link: www.tonycampolo.org...

Please DO NOT worry!!!!!!!!! You will be fine....a long, happy...life!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Al-right....

Those two guys are greatly respected by OT...let's talk tomorrow....and I'll
U2U more links, ok?

See the ones I've posted for now, when you have time...and we'll go from there....THANK YOU for taking time...and for being inquisitive....

Told you....awhile ago...that iron sharpens iron...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

J, I agree with your criticism...here....

Remember my thread OP....we will not limit input from any perspective....ok?

We are searching for TRUTH....

Ken Blanchard, the author of THE ONE MINUTE MANAGER.....has said....

NONE OF US IS AS SMART AS ALL OF US....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join