It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“OMG! ‘Faith’ and ‘Quantum Physics’ are the SAME thing!” Well Maybe…??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
Also why is it me that has this and no one else that i have heard of??

Maybe everyone does... and only a few realize it...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The thing is it seems just like a coincidence to everyone else, but it happens so many times to me that it can't be coincidence

i mean what are the odds a lightning bolt falls in the middle of a field right were i thought it would two minutes after i thought it.

i think that the matrix has some stuff relating to this. They can manipulate the world around them to bend to their will. Morpheus tells Neo to let go of two things so that he can be able to do this: FEAR and DOUBT

Now over the past few years ive learned to subside my Fear, now the thing i am having trouble with is doubt, my mind keeps automatically thinking that what i am trying to change is not possible, i wonder if there is anything that i can do about this.

btw i talked to a guy involved with the Secret team from email, he didnt seem interested, i guess he didnt believe me.

Tank, you need to keep a daily journal, and keep up with every experience you have as well as the thoughts you have at the time. What you have tapped into, is something few ever find. It brings fear to some and a since of power to others........If you could elaborate a little more in detail on a few episodes maybe we could figure out a few things. How do you feel before and during?..........How well do you see the picture of the incident?.........Things on that nature, but a journal will do you a heap of good, for you could pinpoint the when, how and why of it all....................

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Maybe everyone does... and only a few realize it...

Very good thought NJ....................Very Good.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

The Matrix, huh?

Wow, that was SO good/deep...

Have you noticed...

Matrix [UPDATED] in the dictionary refers to "a situation or surrounding substance within which something else originates, develops, or is contained. The womb." Additionally, the concept of the Matrix as an illusion or a 'construct' that humans are unaware of resembles the idea of Samsara in Buddhism and Hinduism. Samsara teaches that the world we consider 'real' is actually a projection of our own desires. From Morpheus Neo learns that how he'd perceived himself in the Matrix was simply a "the mental projection of your digital self." The "real" sensory world "is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

Neo in latin means new. It's also an anagram of "one". Thomas Anderson, Neo's given name relates to 'doubting Thomas' in the bible when he doesn't believe he is the One. Anderson means 'son of man' which is a messianic title.

The Oracle in greek history was an intermediary between god and man. People could ask an Oracle questions and get an answer, sometimes in a riddle format that often wouldn't make sense until later. In the Matrix she says, "You know what that means? It's Latin. Means know thyself." "Know thyself" is inscribed upon the Oracle of Apollo and attributed to the Delphic Oracle, Greece, 6th century B.C.

Trinity represents the number three which is a powerful number in many stories and traditions. In keeping with the Christian themes, the 'father', 'son', 'holy spirit' seems to be related here. In The Matrix, Morpheus, Trinity, and Neo fight the machines

Morpheus means the fashioner or molder, because of the shapes he calls up before the sleeper, in classical mythology. He is the god of dreams, which ties in with the sleep/dream theme that runs throughout the Matrix.

Cypher is the classic betrayer, the Judas Iscariot. The word refers to a mathematical symbol denoting an absence of quantity, a zero. Also, someone with no value, a nonentity. It's also potentially related to Satan (the name could be a shortened version of 'Lucifer'). Cypher also has a goatee and wears red early in The Matrix which relate to popular images of Satan.

Man OT AGREES WITH YOU!!!!!!! There is more to this 'movie' than meets the eye...

See more here.... www.thematrix101.com...

and...

TextFrom a Christian perspective, The Matrix is a mixed bag. The basic story is one of a Messiah come to save an enslaved humanity. However, worked in among this story is a touch of Eastern religion, a fair amount of profanity (including using Christ's name), and a heavy dose of violence. While I felt the violence was not necessarily gratuitous, be warned: it is occasionally very graphic, and parents would do well to note that this is NOT for the younger teen audience. Some might find the film's premise of a "fake reality" somehow offensive, but in my opinion, it is an intriguing idea, maybe a warning to our increasingly on-line culture, but not anti-Christian in any way. In short, I would highly recommend this film to those not likely to be offended by the language and violence. It is a piece of terrific film-making; one of the most exhilarating and interesting blockbusters I have seen. I can't really say more... "You have to see it for yourself."

Source: www.christiananswers.net...

Looking forward to your response!

OT

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

This term is Supranatural.

If you remember what i wrote in your "disprooving God once in for all" thread, then you know I agree with this.

The thing is, its the same as saying "i don't know"
you can't attack someone who does not know, for they are trying to find the answer themselves, but the real attack is that the attackers think the believers have given up searching and that is their final answer for $1,000,000.
(what can't prove me wrong, wheres my money?)

and that's how arguments become ignorant.

I don't like it when that's the final answer, mainly because in search of some truth to certain things, we have always found helpful truths on the way.
do you know how many helpful technologies that have come up in the past on accident in search of trying to figure something else out? even theories themselves happen all the time by accident.

That's why I don't agree with "supernatural" being "the" answer, but IMO in the end it is "the" answer, because I believe in God, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't figure out what he's made of or how he thinks - figuratively speaking.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wow, what a great thread! Stared and flagged, plus it looks like I have a lot of homework to do seeing as how late I am to this thread. I don't know how much I can add to what has already been said, but we'll see.

Badmedia, I did want to say that you were right on with what you said about hypocrisy...

Where people like Jesus come in, or what you call faith is he shows you the correct path by example of what is needed to you. To make the correct choices that lead down the correct path. Most christians however are more worried about persecuting those who do wrong, which is to ignore the example and do the wrong yourself(hypocrisy).

So much more could be said about this, but I find myself wondering a LOT why Chri-stains insist on fighting so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111

The thing is it seems just like a coincidence to everyone else, but it happens so many times to me that it can't be coincidence

i mean what are the odds a lightning bolt falls in the middle of a field right were i thought it would two minutes after i thought it.

i think that the matrix has some stuff relating to this. They can manipulate the world around them to bend to their will. Morpheus tells Neo to let go of two things so that he can be able to do this: FEAR and DOUBT

Now over the past few years ive learned to subside my Fear, now the thing i am having trouble with is doubt, my mind keeps automatically thinking that what i am trying to change is not possible, i wonder if there is anything that i can do about this.

btw i talked to a guy involved with the Secret team from email, he didnt seem interested, i guess he didnt believe me.

Tank, you need to keep a daily journal, and keep up with every experience you have as well as the thoughts you have at the time.

rikk7111,

that IS keen advice....very out-of-the-box thinking!!!

Yes, do the journal....trend it...and let us know the results....

OT

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

Apaulo,

How bout those #2 SOONERS??????

Who would have thought they'd sur-pass the longhorns?

God love the BCS....I don't know....wish we had the OBAMA-PLAYOFFS!!!!

Anyway....you are not late....just in TIME...since there is no such thing in eternity....or atleast I propose...???

No go ahead, take your time and post/contribute as you see fit, ok?

OT

PS: OT agree's about the way we should treat others....pls see my signature....John 13:34, 35 is awesome....seen it before?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Yah, I can appreciate that position...

The reason you might sense that atheists feel you guys have given up searching, is a result of the majority...

From what i've ran across, people of faith, willing to question their faith, or apply critical thinking to anything beyond what their preacher says in church... is kind of the minority... (not trying to be offensive... just stating how it appears from where I sit).

yes, it is wrong to automatically click into that "mode" when we hear someone is a believer... but with the amount we're attacked has kept us on our toes... and its more than just a figurative attack...

I've had works published for an athiest publication... and as a result, have received threats as a result...

I've seen a good friend of mine receive threats, and actually have to move to a new residence because he was listed as a plaintiff on a church/state separation class action law suit...

Keeping this in mind... be a little forgiving when dealing with reactionary responses from atheists...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't have anything substantial to add, but many eastern religions, especially Buddhism, teach philosophies that can be interpreted to correlate to ideas in quantum physics.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Hey man....I bid you a mathmatical lean six sigma (standard deviation
goodnight...

OT sleepy!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

Thank you PT....good input....

Good night!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Anyway....you are not late....just in TIME...since there is no such thing in eternity....or atleast I propose...???

You're assuming eternity exists...

I think eternity is a descriptor of time...

I still propose that god cannot exist outside of the 4th dimension... He MUST exist in all dimensions... just as we do... however we are only receptive to 4 dimensions

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by juveous

I've had works published for an athiest publication... and as a result, have received threats as a result...

nj, OT really BIG dude....

I'll mess um'up

Meekness (my mood-uppper left) doesn't mean Weakness, you know?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

LOL thanks OT!

It just sucks that it happens...

I honestly never knew so many believers read atheist magazines though...

what gives?

I think my wife is going to make me take a pseudonym lol...

I think a pseudonym would discredit my article... and make it seem like I'm hiding something...

sigh.. thus is the argument in my household the last few months lol

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
REPLY TO: rikk7111

ive tried the journal thing before but didnt really put much effort into it, i will try again and this time ill really try.

Basically this is what i have figured out:

when it happens by accident my mind will think something, but it will be unbiased by my behind mind.

for example if i try and do it on purpose, i will think "It will start raining right now" then in the back of my mind ill think "no thats impossible" its like it happens by reflex.

When it happens by accident i think it and thats it no feelings or behind thinking

for example the lightning bolt incident:

i was sitting in a class that i was peer tutoring and it was free period so i was just sitting looking out the window, there was a thunderstorm going on, the kids in the class were playing cards and suddenly we heard loud thunder and a buch of girls screamed. I thought "how pathetic, imagine the lightning came and hit the field (there was our school's field outside) then they would really have something to scream about." so i continued looking outside and about a minute late the lightning bolt came. It was pretty amazing to see it that close and it was really loud.

Anyways a lot of the time i make things happen by accident i say the line "imagine that ... happens" in my head to my self.

There are two times that i made something happen that were particularity different.

The first is when i slowed down time, basically this happened about 1 and a half years ago

i was walking to school and as i passed by a puddle on the street, a bus came and made a huge wave towards me, i realized what was happening and i thought in my mind "no, stop, stop, stop" (i really didnt want to get wet), then i took a two steps to my left and i realized something and i thought to myself "wait a minute the water should have fallen by now" right when i thought that the wave came crashing down in "normal" time, and i only got my shoe wet. It would have been physically impossible for me not to have gotten wet in the time i realized the water was coming for me. The two steps i took were only possible because of time slowing. But the main thing is i didnt get wet

Anyways the second thing happened a week ago were i was on my daily walk and i saw a black helicopter coming from a distance, i was thinking about what i was able to do and got pretty hyped up and a little angry, the helicopter stopped in the sky a distance in front of me.

Right there i focused all my attention on the helicopter an making it move, as i started to do this i got more and more caught up in the feeling and i actually made the helicopter's nose point straight up into the sky, then after a few seconds i thought "wait a second a helicopter cant be positioned like that and still be hed in the air, thats impossible" then the helicopter attained a normal position and left the exact way it came.

The thing is that this is similar to the time thing because in my mind all i was saying to myself was "I control the world" over and over again, and it was exactly like when i said "no, stop, stop, stop" it encompassed my whole mind and i was able to guide how i wanted the helicopter to move by feeling or my imagination.

i don't know its really complicated to try to explain especially on an internet site.

Also there was one other incident but i dont know if i just imagined this. I went camping with some friends and family and while i was there i took about 20 minutes to go off on my own and just look at the stars, which i never get to see from the city. I actually love watching stars one of my favorite things to do. Anyways while i was looking i felt such a strong connection to the universe that it felt/looked like i was able to move the entire sky and all the stars. I am still very confused about this one and i think im never going to figure out what really happened there.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Goodnight fellas........Enjoyed my time in the think tank, we'll resume tomorrow...............Have sweet dreams, and thanks for everyone's gentle respect one to another...................

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hey OT. Thanks for starting this thread. I've been on a similar journey, asking a lot of these same questions, trying to wrap my mind around quantum physics, string theory, dimensions, et al., and figure out if and how it fits with my faith. It's been a trip, to say the least.

A few months ago I read Skyfloating's thread about The Law of Attraction, and it raised more questions (compelling read, I recommend it). Then somewhere along the reading of that thread, I read the story of Jesus and the fig tree (Mark 11) -- that passage may have been mentioned in Skyfloating's thread -- and it completely baked my noodle.

Verses 23 and 24 in particular:
"23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

A verse I've read hundreds of times and dismissed ("Yeah, but that's Jesus, and He can do anything") sounded new to me, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about that verse since.

Over the last couple of years I've watched the foundations of all these things I wrongly put faith in crumble: my job, my church, my political party (ha, that makes me laugh now). So when I started reading and studying quantum theories, I thought I was on the road to watching my faith in God crumble as well.

Well, that didn't happen.
But my faith has changed. Or maybe it's better to say my perceptions changed.

This study has solidified in my mind that we are more than flesh and blood; that we are eternal beings and somehow our thoughts and beliefs influence matter.

And I wonder (if linearity is true) if God is the non-splitting observer inside and outside all the universes.

And entertaining these questions has given me renewed vigor for life. No longer is this existence something we endure until we reach our reward. Mark 11:23-24 makes it clear that our lives are supposed to be an experience of faith and influence on this reality. Wow!

And I've come to the conclusion that if God is truly God, then He's big enough to handle my questions. And I believe one day I will see my questions the same way I see my child's "big" questions. "Mom, why does the moon get bigger and smaller?" (When I tell her why, she doesn't understand fully, but her eyes get wide and she says, "Whoa.")

SO...that didn't really answer your original thread's questions, but I plan to go back and do that. But I wanted to say these things and thank you for this thread and encourage you search and dig and discover.

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
When i saw this post i immediately remembered a certain scene in a documentary about quantum physics. It had to do with a random number generator that only produced 1's and 0's. And when you wished for more ones and pushed the star button you got more ones! When you wished for more 0's you got more 0's.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Hey thanks for stopping by....it's good to see all these posts....guess this is interesting to some....

Hey, looking forward to your insight on the questions...

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join