It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams - Do they take place in another Dimension / Reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've often wondered if some of the dreams that we all have take place not in our imagination or merely 'organic' in nature but if there really is much more too them than this.
Some of us may of heard how dreams may be symbolic or represent a message we need to interpret.
Again I think sometimes there's more to it than even that.
I recently had a dream where I ascertained information that I later learned to be true on real life.
The information will remain private but I wonder if that in dreams we are interacting with persons from another dimension or reality. This other dimension being sentient of this one.

Thoughts and ideas on this appreciated.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I definitely believe this, yes!

I've had numerous 'dreams' as well that turned out to be not so dreamy, but real, actual experiences (in some realm or way). A few were shared 'dreams' and people who shared these dreams with me were both able to recall the EXACT dream to me the next day -- even though we had no contact during the dream. (Among many, many, many other 'dreams' that involved other beings which also turned out to be more based in reality than I ever thought prior..)

Its a very real occurrence..

Also.. if this helps any.. I found this long ago and it has proven to be true to me (and countless others) time and time again -- its said that a 'mental' dream will fade away within minutes, hours or days after waking, but an actual 'experience' dream will remain with you for a lifetime. (i.e. you never forget the real ones and can still recall EVERY detail years later.)

- Mea

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Hmm, it's possible. I had 2 really bizarre dreams as of late. 2 nights ago i had one that involved WAY too many people i knew, i forget some of the details but i remember at the end i was really angry with my mother and when i woke up that angry fired back again, i had to stop and remind myself it was a dream.

The other dream was a month ago, and i remember it perfectly, it was more of a scene or picture of what i remember, either that or i just remember one scene. I remember it well enough that i could draw it right now. I was on about a 7 story balcony at an apartment complex, my balcony bent into an l so that another balcony was on the other side, but the balcony's were split. I remember across the street was a ball park attached to the schools and i could see the portable classrooms cut off by the apartment complex. I remember it was me on my balcony and about 2 or 3 others on the other one beside mine. And we were all looking at what was a saucer, but the edges of it (about 2 1/2 feet in) was seating and the center of the saucer was up about 1 foot higher so i assumed that's where a driver sat, in his seat with a 360 view. And the saucer was right up to the other balcony and i remember someone either got out of the saucer onto the other balcony or someone from that balcony got in. Than it just zipped away and my dream ended.

These dreams somewhat concerned me cause i NEVER remember my dreams. I remember a total of 3 dreams in my life, including these 2. Well i'm going on way too long but, to go along with what you said, i think dreams could be possible insight to another dimension or something, i think it's very possible

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I agree it is a possibility and it would help explain precognitive dreams. Perhaps someone who dreams the future is more in tune with a time line similar to ours that is moving at a quicker pace.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I believe that dreams exist via the brain, and spiritually in another dimension.

I once had a lucid dream that was so vivid and wonderful I found myself asking this question you posted.

I was aware that my brain/consciousness was allowed to think while maintaining a completely real and functional world.

It was at that moment, when I picked up a single blade of grass, within my lucid dream, and realized that I was floating inside another dimension.

We are connected to this dimension through our pineal gland.

Which releases chemicals (illegal for some reason) that allow you to peer into this personal spiritual place.

Once you are lucid, you will mostly find out your brain wouldn't be able to handle you thinking inside itself while supporting a fully vivid, real dreamworld.

Cool thread!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I do think that there is something to be said about this. There are many times that I wake up from a dream that I was doing something physical in tired. For example I would say like an adventure type dream. I will wake up and feel somehow like I was actually doing what I was dreaming. I think about dreams all the time. Great post.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have always always believed dreams to be a quintessential component of reality. They are real, just like waking life is real.

I don't know if it's imagination or if it's another plane of existence. Or maybe imagination is another plane of existence. All I am certain of is the dream world is a real part of reality

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far folks.

I'll add to this that in some, but not all of these 'dimensional?' dreams the other entities and inhabibants I interact with 'seem' to be aware of this reality. By this reality I mean the one all of us are living in right this minute.
I say this on intuition and as well as a 'feeling' I get whilst in some dreams.
It's not like I've directly been told 'this place, that place etc' but its more of an impression and the way that, in dreams, I'm the visitor and they are more residents and respect that.
I know it sounds pretty crazy but its what I can recall from the dreams and the feedback I was getting.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have had numerous Lucid dreams, but two I will always remember, the first I was in a field, the Sun was so bright and I coul feel the win on my face. I mean I could literally feel these on my physical body even though I was asleep, infact they were more real, than in my 'normal' reality. I'll never forget the sun's warmth.

Another was similar, but as I was aware I was dreaming I told myself to pick some soil up and taste it a little. (Sounds weird, but I wanted to see how real this dreamworld actually was.) when I woke up I could actually taste it in real life. Strange to say the least.

If we carry on after eath, I'm sure these are the places our 'soul' or 'brainwaves' or whatever we are left with go to.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
After having dreams that are so real, I often wonder also how can my brain create another world as perfect as that and with characters seemingly to be sentient that interact with me and others and create machines which actually function. If a dream could be another dimension or timeline where I am living a different life meeting different people. Good post.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Havnt read the thread, but i saw the title and i was like yes!!

This has been drifting through my mind, recently.

Alough part of me hopes it is not real, as i have killed a fair few beings in them.

You know those dreams that just seem too real, well in a few of those,

I Took out my switchblade and plunged it into the necks of Dangerous 'beings'. I woke up feeling sick, as it was way to real, it took force to push the blade in, you could feel it forcing through the differant parts of the flesh
and the hot blood seep onto my clenched hand...I didnt like doing that.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by monkeybus]

[edit on 1-10-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone discussing this topic in this thread has ever heard of "The Maxx"? The adult cartoon series and comics got me interested in this topic.

Content from external source

The Maxx is an American comic book and character created by Sam Kieth and published by Image Comics. The comic book spawned an animated series that aired on the MTV network.
The series follows the adventures of the titular hero in the real world and in an alternate reality, referred to as The Outback. In the real world the Maxx is a vagrant while in the Outback he is the protector of the Jungle Queen. The Jungle Queen is similar to the Maxx in that she also exists in the real world as Julie Winters, a freelance social worker who often bails the Maxx out of jail. While the Maxx is aware of the Outback, Julie is not, though it is integral to the story of both the Maxx and Julie.

It is a really interesting series, in which the villain is a normal guy in one world who learns how to meld with his persona in the other world so he can use his powers for evil, as a serial killer in our realm.

Linkage:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.imdb.com...

I think you can find full episodes on youtube.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Once you are lucid, you will mostly find out your brain wouldn't be able to handle you thinking inside itself while supporting a fully vivid, real dreamworld.

Thing is, my lucid dream, i think, as with all, my dreams exactly the same as i do when awake. around 65 precent of the time i know i am dreaming, and know that i can do what ever i want, Like fly(this is how i travel in every dream since i was born), change the scenery, i can make objects arrive/go make people appear dissapear
If i suffer a knightmare i Physacally open my eyes, wich is hard but i do it. and think STOP! Then i am awake

But that is only normal dreaming

In lucid dream, where it is another reality( it seems) I have the same amount of thought, but do not have the control of my surroundings, nor know that i am dreaming.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Dreams are thoughts, thoughts create reality. Reality is a dream.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hmm, it's possible. I had 2 really bizarre dreams as of late. 2 nights ago i had one that involved WAY too many people i knew, i forget some of the details but i remember at the end i was really angry with my mother and when i woke up that angry fired back again, i had to stop and remind myself it was a dream.

Dreams can and do provoke intense emotions. Recently a friend of mine dreamt I'd angered him in some way or another and upon waking he found it very difficult to shake off that emotion. It was quite funny really, he was really laying into me!

Dreams are fascinating; whenever I can recall a dream in its entirety I feel as though I've learned something new about myself.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm about as spiritual as they come. Check my threads for proof! But I do not believe we go somewhere else when we dream. When arranging a meditation class for a student, I asked her what she wanted to get out of it. First she said she wanted to work on awareness. I asked her to be more specific. Then she said external awareness. Then I asked for more clarification. Then she said she wanted to get in touch with energies. I asked the purpose she had in mind. She said she wanted to improve her ability to remember and understand dreams. I said "To what external place do you think you go when you are dreaming?" she said she believed that the soul leaves the body and visits higher realms, and hence deja vu and such happen.

I do think that that hers is a viewpoint that many in the spiritual community have, but I do disagree. It's not my job to force my perspective upon others. I feel that when we dream, the Conscious Mind turns it's intention to the Subconscious Mind, which plays out scenarios that the deeper Collective Consciousness wishes would be beneficial if remembered and looked at.

My interpretation is that Matter is a more dense, more refined, less abstract manifestation. If you break down Matter, you will find that everything is composed of Energy. Energy being less dense, more abstract, less defined, occupies the same space as Matter. If you could break down Energy, you would see the Mind Substance, which is even more subtle, less defined, more abstract. If you broke that down, you would find Spirit, which again, occupies the same space as everything else, simply at a much smaller, more refined level. Finally, you reach the level of highest consciousness, the Divine, where there is no distinction whatsoever, that permeates everything.

As such, everything existing simultaneously, occupying the same space, I feel that there is no reason for the soul to actually "go" somewhere. I believe we just turn our minds around to pay attention to a part of ourselves that in our waking hours, gets little to no attention.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A possible concept but I still don't buy it in relation to explaining the 'unknown factor.'
I think the brain and soul becomes more sensitive to another sphere of influence our mind can 'see' and impacts the psyche in varying degrees.
It's possible that after having this experience it 'tires' us out mentally somewhat and it can be a while before another such 'dream' occurs...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wish I had the answer you seek. But I will post this video. And this might help you and others understand more about this topic.

In essence we are here, and we are otherplaces aswell. Within a dream state would be the best place to start.
I know when I lay in my bed, I go places, and feel things as if I am truely there!!! Im one of the few people who have extreamly deep and meaningful dreams. They go beyond what we know right now.

I have a hard time explaining these things, because of the vast deepness of the topic. However my enterest in this topic is very forthcomming, And I love this stuff!! This is what makes me the very person I am today.
Ever within my deep thoughts, and always processing new information!

Hope this video helps.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind. Im going to explain in my average Joe way. Our mind is like an antenna picking up waves and I DO feel that dreams are from another dimension. Maybe its you living another life in that dimension or I dont know what but I think our brain is much more complex than our scientists who think they know it all about our brain. The same way we can look at someone and know how they are feeling at that moment. Once again think antenna and that is the best way I can explain it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
its pefectly possible,

I myself have certain dreams a lot , reacurring dreams of a place setting with its own people, the dreams are never the same in terms of what happends, but all the content in the "city" people places/shops are the same , like a looking glass, mostly its my city and places I've been, but things are different, different shops, things like that,

and have always thought for a long time that its me "tapping" into memories/thoughts of me in a seperate universe where everything took a different path, kind of like the Butterfly effect. but our minds are connected still

and a sound theory is that there is an infinateamount of universes , that say if I decide to go left instead of right, the universe splits in two and they both happen at the same time.

if someone here could elaborate on that theory, it would be most welcome.

so yeah I beleive that to be the case, not all dreams certainly but dreams like I have.

as for pregognition I dont see that as other dimentional, but rather skipping along in "this" dimention.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join