It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams - Do they take place in another Dimension / Reality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I dream every time I go to sleep, and alot of times just when Im resting my eyes and still conscious of reality like cars moving, radio playing, etc.
I dream so much and so lifelike, I almost do not look forward to sleep. Because it is a lie, and because the dreams usually outshine my real life. Alot of times it is like I am apart of an extensive movie scene, in another city, meeting new people. I rarely if ever, see myself in a mirror in dreams. What I am is a singular conscious entity, and totally assuming it is myself in charge. But I rarely see myself in any reflection. The majority I see buildings, if I am the driver of a car, a passing pedestrian, an individual among the masses, or back home with my family, even those deceased.
It wouldnt be so bad if my dreams were based on memories, but they are not. They are experiances demanding to be experianced in dream form. Some can make no sense for the purpose, and some can be exagerations of wierd circumstances. What confuses me is meeting people I have never seen, going to places I have never been, or being with people of which I do not socialize in real life. Are these composites of real life rearranged and redone?
There are some dreams when I am walking a busy city street, and I know my way around, but when I wake up, I think to myself, I have never been to such a street or neighborhood.
If these dreams were somehow inspired by hollywood movies, Im sure I would dream monsters, aliens, and space travel because I watch alot of science fiction movies, but they are not.
It is a totally different source of reality which has nothing to do with movies, tv, or other media influences. They are my own personal journey living in my soul. I actuall have more repor with people in my dreams than in real life. Its almost as if the mask of mistrust which we feel in the real world has been eliminated, thus leaving candid thoughts, sayings, and motions of what people really think and feel, and outwardly expressed.
This is where the dream world lets me down. Because when I wake up, I am no longer free, but a hostage in a well carved restrictive world, unlike the freedom to explore, express oneself, and socialize in another world made so strong, it feels like it actually exits. I would give anything to record these dreams so that other people could see, and also able to document for myself. Perhaps deep into the future, man will be able to submit those faint dreams into a hardcopy media form, so that it is more than a wisp of smoke.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

It is helpful to understand the various states of brain waves to better understand the nature of dreams.

The Delta level of mind (deep sleep: no dreaming present), has remained up to now one of the most mysterious and unsolved puzzles of modern science. Man has, and is exploring further and further frontiers of the natural world and of space, but has yet to gain any understanding of a state in which he spends close to a third of his lifetime. There is a good reason for this: Since consciousness is lost at the Delta level, the scientific mainstream has concluded that most thought processes disappear when sleeping (except for the relatively short dream periods, which have drawn the biggest research efforts). Since no one has ever recalled any experiences while in the Delta state, it was inferred that there was really nothing to be recalled. Remote viewing operations in Europe have shown otherwise.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

SOURCE

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Dreams are an expression of wave/particle duality. Like light existing both as a particle and a wave, our waking world is the solid particle portion, and dreams are the waveform counterpart. The quantum term "collapsing the waveform" into something solid by observing it is a good analogy for how dreams work. In this case, archetypes would be a good metaphor for a waveform.

An archetype is the sum total of associations to any given topic. When you think "Ocean", you have associations with beach, waves, whales, oil spills. You could go on and on building a very complex and densely populated system of connections if it was possibly to list every association you've personally made over the years with ocean. If you were to repeat that process with each of the individual associations like whale and beach, then do that for each of those new associations, continuing until you've covered everything you know, you would end up with a very complicated structure similar to a neural network. It's this individualized master structure that we travel on in dreams.

Every thing in dreams is an archetype. When you focus on an archetype in a dream, that causes some of it's associations to manifest. The associations with stronger connections, like those with strong emotional charges, are more likely to manifest than others, but over all the process is pretty random. So you focus on an archetype, and it's associations manifest until one of those new associations captures your attention and becomes your new dominant focus. Since that new element of focus is also an archetype. it'sassociations will manifest until one of them fully captures your attention and becomes the new dominant focal point. This process keeps repeating it's self from the moment you fall asleep until the moment you awaken.

What's important to note for the topic of this discussion, is that like snowflakes, no two people will have the same archetypal structures. These structures are created by each individual, and since each person has different experiences, we all have different archetypal structures. This means that there can not be a stable dimension or reality that dreamers can go to where different people will see the exact same thing. What we see in dreams is determined by our own individual archetypes.

Even in shared dreams, each dreamer participating experiences their own independent dream. And there are differences in shared dream accounts, resulting from the different archetypes each person possesses. An animal lover and someone who has been mauled by a dog will not see the same thing were they to encounter a pitbull in a shared dream, for reasons that by now should be obvious.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by The Cusp]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Dreams are thoughts, thoughts create reality. Reality is a dream.

I get that feeling as often if not more often than the inverse.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

to follow sigmud freud, the dream is an attempt by the subconcious mind to help resolve problems in life. the subconcious tries to work with the concious because it is not aspowerful, or something like that. hope i helped at least a little

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I personally think there are many different levels to dreaming. It seems our subconcious mind does need to work out and resolve our day to day problems and anxieties and this makes up a large proportion of dreams.

There are other 'dream states' such as lucid, precognitive, astral and everything inbetween. Some of those can feel more real than reality in my experience

Does anyone else here find that they have more dream recall with the waxing of the moon? This may sound a bit strange but I have definitely noticed that I recall my dreams more clearly when the moon is in it's waxing phase, ie new to full.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Today I had a dream in which I was asking myself " Is this a dream? I think its impossible, since I can touch, read and just feel alive like in real life "...10 seconds after I was surprised it was a dream and I woke up saying " Wow ".
It was a dream in which I could just feel like in actual reality, all was absolutely real.
For me, it was another universe.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
I've often wondered if some of the dreams that we all have take place not in our imagination or merely 'organic' in nature but if there really is much more too them than this.
Some of us may of heard how dreams may be symbolic or represent a message we need to interpret.
Again I think sometimes there's more to it than even that.
I recently had a dream where I ascertained information that I later learned to be true on real life.
The information will remain private but I wonder if that in dreams we are interacting with persons from another dimension or reality. This other dimension being sentient of this one.

Thoughts and ideas on this appreciated.

My psychic abilities seem to only manifest in my dreams!!!! Dreams are important. Don't try to narrow them down as to the nature of them. They will exert their influences on you no matter what you think of them. At least once you have passed the personal level. As long as you, yourself, is controlled by some sorts of personal psychological complexes (either with your parents or your childhood), those dreams are often limited in their scope and influence.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre

to follow sigmud freud, the dream is an attempt by the subconcious mind to help resolve problems in life. the subconcious tries to work with the concious because it is not aspowerful, or something like that. hope i helped at least a little

This is very untrue. Dreams are not thoughts. They are journeys into parallel universes (aka "alternate realities")

1. Dreamland is already 'going on' when you get there. The scene is set, far more detailed than any thought or imagination ever could be, and the characters are in action, including you.

2. Dreams are in 1st person, where thoughts are in 3rd person. No matter how hard you try, your thoughts will always be in 3rd person (you watching the scene instead of being in the scene) and they will always be in 'freeze-frames'.....this means you are seeing still pictures instead of fluid motion, as in dreams

3. You awake having to adjust, even for just a millisecond...you have to get a grip as to when and where you are.

Here's a very intriguing thread I started on this very topic

DREAMS ARE TRAVEL TO PARALLEL UNIVERSES

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To sum it uP, I believe that dreams can take place in other dimensions because theoritcally all energy is connected together. We dream up of places we have never gone or people we've never seen but, we feel like there is a connection and purpose behind all of it. The places that we desire or people that we see leave an imprint on us emotionally and we want to avoid or see it again. I have experiences of liking certain things and being drawn to certain people through life and I believe that its the same in dreams. That this dimension is connected to another dimension and that our conscious is able to travel between dimensions because of the connection of energy we all have. When our conscious goes to this other dimension we take physcial form of our self image. However, the only reason why it seems real is because of the signals that is being sent to our brain. Technically though everything that surround us we believe is real because we perceive it that way. When you break it down though its just atoms that have connections and energies. So, who is to say that dreams aren't in another dimension if it's just energy in general?

edit on 9-6-2015 by brebre0o6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: The Cusp

So, what your saying is, is that there cannot be an another replica of this dimension because of the complicity? What if, the dimension toke place in the dimension? If it was technically the same world but, on a different level? Everyone experiences their own dream but, in the same dimension?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I've wondered this many times! Sometimes I feel like my dreams take place in another world in a second life. There are a lot of recurring locations that I haven't seen in waking life and the events in past dreams can be remembered and reflected on in other dreams.

For example, I sometimes visit some of my friends' houses in my dreams, but the houses are not at all the same as the actual houses they live in. The dream houses are very different from their waking-world counterparts but they stay consistent from one dream to the next.

Another example is how I once had a dream where I struggled to find my locker in my high school. I finally got a new one, and any dreams from then on that took place in the high school featured that same locker as mine.

Dreams are pretty weird... but I wouldn't have it any other way.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatchRider
I've often wondered if some of the dreams that we all have take place not in our imagination or merely 'organic' in nature but if there really is much more too them than this.
Some of us may of heard how dreams may be symbolic or represent a message we need to interpret.
Again I think sometimes there's more to it than even that.
I recently had a dream where I ascertained information that I later learned to be true on real life.
The information will remain private but I wonder if that in dreams we are interacting with persons from another dimension or reality. This other dimension being sentient of this one.

Thoughts and ideas on this appreciated.

Here's actually how I see it considering im a beginner lucid dreamer and learning fast

I think you may be on to something this is why we don't think where dreaming because I lit is in fact another world you soul can enter however if you become lucid you then have access to all your abilies that your soul can't access when it's limited to the body we are in
Then again just a thought

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
yeah I think dreams are in another realm, I had dreams where I felt they were real and I felt like I was there longer and they were like a story, they were a lot different to ordinary dreams I had
edit on 17-12-2015 by trapatoni234 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join