It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams - Do they take place in another Dimension / Reality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Black, I think that is a wonderful dream, and I agree that he was saying Goodbye, and letting you know that everything was ok, and that he was at peace, and wanted you to be at peace!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't know the answer to your question but I last night I got a call in the middle of the night. It was work, as usual, asking me about something.

This is how I answered the phone, "Hold on, I'm on the other line with Jack. Let me get finished with him and I'll be right back."

I don't know anyone named Jack and the guy calling me told me that I sounded totally awake and was sincerely telling him I'd be right with him as soon as my other conversation ended.

I quickly awoke and started talking with work like it never happened, except when the guy asked me who Jack is. LOL That is very funny and peculiar to me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I had a very strange dream last night; one of those that I have to reassure myself when I wake up that it was only a dream. I dreamed I was lying in my bed and my brother told me there was a note for me that he found in the road, and it was from Satan. Then I heard the words of the note, in a purring, vibrating voice that pressed me down on the bed (definitely not my brother's voice!), saying 'No rules! No rules! No rules!'. I immediately began saying 'I belong to Jesus! I belong to Jesus!' and woke up still feeling the oppression and saying 'I belong to Jesus!'.

(and yes, I am a Christian!) I suspect I had the dream because I have been trying so hard to figure out whether the powers that be are telling us the truth or not about the new flu virus. I THINK the dream was to tell me that I would NEVER be able to out-guess Satan on what is coming next. I awoke convinced that I must hold fast to the Lord and that I would not be able to avoid being broadsided by events coming soon.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Star and flag for you! I've been thinking about dreams quite a bit lately. I've always been extremely lucid and have experienced some dream phenomenon (for lack of a better term). From the time I can remember (maybe age 2 or so) I experienced re-occuring dreams, some being trans-dimensional (particularly dealing with water). This occurred much more in my youth than it does as an adult. A large part of me truly believes that dreams are connected to past lives and perhaps even other dimensions or timelines.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In one dream my sister and I were pairing up a pile of earrings. Then I was holding my sister and telling her she would be making a mistake to marry her fiance. Then in real life a couple of weeks later, my jewelry box was spilled onto a highway when the drawers of the dresser that my friends were moving for me fell out of the pickup. They picked up all that they could find, and after they had left my new apartment, I sat on the floor and paired earrings to see what might have been lost. This task reminded me that it was my sister's wedding day, which I could not attend because I lived so far away from her. I immediately called her, not realizing that the wedding was in progress at her house. Later I saw the videotape of the wedding. The phone rang (my call) just after he had said his vows but before she said hers. I was keeping a journal at the time, so even though memory can play tricks on you, I KNOW this really happened! I did not tell her not to marry him. I have often wondered if I should have.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was going to post a separate post about this very same idea- but instead I am going to add to this post, and pose a new idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

When I dream- I go to the same alter dimension every time- and I remember everything about that plane- all memories from my past dreams as clearly as if they were waking memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been astral projecting for years, and I do know that on occasion I do travel while in dream state, and ive been awoken upon impact into the body with a loud ripping sounds that sounds like saran wrap. I understand the difference between Dreaming in the body and Dreaming out of the body. I understand what lucid dreaming is. But here is my kicker….

I go to the same place- same dimension- same alternate place every time I dream. And while Im there- Its never foreign to me. When I fall into that deep REM sleep- I am aware of every minute detail from all of my past dreams and they are- to me as dream state awareness every bit as real as my waking knowledge of the world.

For example- In my dream I was driving in a car on my way to New York, and remember from a dream many months before what it was like the last time I was in New York. I could recall what it looked like the last time I was there and what roads I was going to take to get there. And I can remember every detail down to an exact cellular memory.

The thing is- i was not in this earth planes dimension. The New York and London that i have visited in these dream states are very futuristic and modern compared to our current cities. So I know I wasnt astrally traveling in this plane.

In my dreams, which I remember every morning when I wake up, I am aware of all my other dreams from nights before. Sometimes as I hit my pillow, I am suddenly surged with a memory of the dream before – a particular scene, smell, or experience. But nothing significant.

I do know that the Pineal Gland is highly powerful, and lucid dreaming, astral dreaming- well who knows if one in a dream state is spiritually in their own body. So ive begin to wonder how to tell the difference any more.

How do you tell? Can you remember your past dreams in your dreams?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I beleive some dreams can take place in an alternate reality, I've had a few of these, usually they are a chronological and unbroken chain of events but I know I am not in the current dimension. Things will be different. I once had a cat talk to me. Almost like an Alice In Wonderland but not quite as outrageous. Some dreams I have had were premonitions, they may have even been taking place in an alternate reality that has time that is ahead of ours (these usually are also chronological in order and unbroken I.e. there's a cause and effect that follow exactly as they should)And they usually happen the very next day. This doesn't happen much these days but while I was a teen in high school it often happened daily. Usually I beleive the dreams that are not in order are the psyche telling me that I need to work through something or just my mind working through stress/depression, etc. I have also had dreams were I've gone to another plane of existance, Not a dimension, It was what I refer to as "the waiting room" it's very dark and it's (Now this is only the impression I get) where people see a film of our entire life before actually going onto the other side, It's between our plane and the other side. And people on the other side caan meet you there to give you a message or even people alive can meet you there to tell you something. In mine it was somebody alive who I think called me there and there message wasn't very happy, they were telling me they were going to forget me now, And that's why they drew me there I think. Well that's a whole nother story, however I have confirmed they don't remember me these days. Anyway Since when we're asleep, you have to realize our subconcious is in charge and our subconcious is not bound by the limits our conciousness is bound by. That's my opinion. Oh And sorrry if someone already sid this I didn't read through all the posts.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dreams have always been strange for me in that I have no emotions in them. No matter how bizzare or hurtful in "real life" the experience would be, I am simply numb and seem to just observe.

For instance, last nite I dreamt I was in charge of an infant girl. She started to grab an electrical cord from a lamp on a table. I gently tried to remove her hand from the cord and tell her that was not okay for her to touch.

Without actually "speaking" she asked me what else does she need to know? At that moment she was still pulling the cord and I was trying to gently get her hand off it, then the lamp started falling.

Both her and I at the same time tried to catch the lamp, and I said "don't touch lamps either"

I caught the lamp, she sat on my lap and took out a pad of paper and a pencil and started writing things down.

During all this, I had no fear that she would be hurt, no questioning of why she could do this mental telathapy sp? with me, no wonder that she was now writing (at age under 1 years old??)

Just took it all in stride.

Anyone else dream like this?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I hope this is not too off topic. Apologies if it is.

Has anybody ever considered that we sleep because we need to dream, and not the other way round? Isn't it a possibility that the subconscious need to fulfill its role in one's psyche and uses the mode of dreaming to attain that? Sleep than becomes the vessel to accommodate the act of dreaming.

Deprive a person of sleep long enough and it will result in the person dreaming wide awake (hallucination). This mean dreaming is a necessity rather than just a random subconscious act. So the process of dreaming is just as important if not equal to sleeping.

And, if one believes that the subconscious can be precognitive (which I do), then it supposedly must venture into different dimensions to sneak a glance of the future occasionally. Personally, I had more than a couple of dreams that came to fruition, and one has to wonder what process the subconscious delve into to achieve that.

I have a fascination with dreams and have always pondered it relevance. The subconscious mind is still the least understood and it role in dreaming very under researched.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
some dreams are just dreams. when you dream you go to school without your pants on.. that is just a dream. Some dreams are peaks at the future in this dimension on this timeline, some however may be as you say a bridge to another dimension. Perhaps our dreams create a new dimension everytime we enter them. What happens to that world when we wake? does it go on? or does it all cease to exist? This all falls into line with the philosophy that everyone is their own god. We understand so little even though we think we know so much. Anything truly is possible.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Just had to toss you a star for that my fellow member
I'll probably have to go back at least 10 more times and let some of that sink in

thanks so much for the video!

I still believe we are all spirits that live in a body that possess a mind to help us reason and differentiate btwn the 2 selfs; The physical & the spiritual.

So, since matter is really just atoms, can we actually experience Multi-dimensions?
So, it very well could be that dreams are the brains way of relaxing and going where it wants to ?
:

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Komodo]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Following is a dream that most do not experience...

And I have had multiple dreams like this...

I found myself in a futuristic city, and bonded with a currency that I have not seen before. It had odd numbers like 150,000 on the bill, rather then even. At first I was happy because I can finally pay my bills and be debt free (won't we all be happy?) I deposited the money in my bank and left.

As I was walking outside I saw a bike, (mind you I don't have a bike in real life but only a car.) And in my mind it interpreted that I was sole owner of it. A woman came up to me and said.

"Drive" She said.
"I am in a dream aren't I?"
She looked down, and remained silent...
"Hey, am I dreaming? That money was all fake right?"
"Yes, now we need to get going...."

So I drove off, as I was driving down the highway I noticed most of the roads are blocked off, driving under remarkable architecture of buildings and skyscappers.

"If you stop you will wake up." She said in a firm, commanding voice.

Out of the smoke in front of me, a skyscrapper crumbled and was about to come over me. Behind the skyscrapper was the perpetrator of the cause, a giant being that I cannot describe very well.

"Turn around, DO NOT STOP or you will wake uop." I turned around got to a safe place and stopped. I woke up..

As I woke up I was thinking about the dream and wondered if I could go back into the same place. less then a minute has passed.

I was dreaming again.

"I told you not to wake up. We have much to do."

We were in a run down building we were fighting off these demonlike figures and "baddies." I was the architect of the defensive. we were in a kitchen that the demons used to chop parts and used to eat for supper. It was covered in flesh, and blood. I woke up again.

Quickly I was trying to gather what happened and tried to go back to sleep. It was harder this time, I was imagining the place I was at, and I could see the people but very faint, they were saying.

"Come on man, get back here, concentrate."

Finally I did and we were trying to find a way out and I could not find it. After searching the rubble for a place out, one of the team-members were in the process of betraying, and I woke up.

this was all too true, I believe I was somewhere else. There was some dreams where even when I was awake, I was still hearing the people I was saving. And I was having a full conversation with them as I was awake. And they were all in various futuristic settings, and all had to do with resistance, or a fatal attraction for the civilization that I was with. After awhile their voices faded as I have been awake for awhile.

But there also has been multiple times where all of the people in my dream was fully aware of my existance and knew I was not supposed to be there for very long, so they tried to use my help as much as possible before I proceed back to my reality.

I am starting to wonder that everything is not really what it seems, if we use only so little of our brain, then is there something more of what we do not know and what we can grasp so much about? Can our lives be so much more then what we take for granted?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Frankynyny - I agree with you. There is something very real and important about dreams like this.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortal_Roses
I do think that there is something to be said about this. There are many times that I wake up from a dream that I was doing something physical in tired. For example I would say like an adventure type dream. I will wake up and feel somehow like I was actually doing what I was dreaming. I think about dreams all the time. Great post.

I can relate. I woke up from a dream once with the imprints on the side of my face and arm where I was crouched against some wooden beams.

Real crazy thing was that at the time I slept in a water bed and there was nothing in or near my bed that could have caused the impressions.

I also hate those dreams were you wake up after what feels like you are being snapped back into you body.

You wake up feeling dazed and disoriented for a few minutes or more.
and just feel awful from head to toe.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Also.. if this helps any.. I found this long ago and it has proven to be true to me (and countless others) time and time again -- its said that a 'mental' dream will fade away within minutes, hours or days after waking, but an actual 'experience' dream will remain with you for a lifetime. (i.e. you never forget the real ones and can still recall EVERY detail years later.)

Well I had a dream 4 years ago rember like it was yesterday it was really weird.
I was in a house with my parents and sisster and we were checkin out the sink and the taps controlled the lights when they were turned on the lights got brighter turn off lights off I turned around after this the walked up stairs looking for everyone went outtside the were sitting on the bench and two zombies freshly married still had suits/dress on they ripped the sidewalk open (concrete) and dragged me under as my family watched then I woke up. Weird huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is like my favorite subject...dreams. We all have had a dream or 3, where we swore it really happened, someone came ti visit us, or have been out of body. As to say wether its out of mind, body, brain is connected to a parallel universe or the spirit world who knows...
I had this dream when i was 17 and a half. my g/f was in poland, first g/f and waiting ot see her agains, caused me so much stress. I was in our garage, and went rhought a wooden garbage bin that leasds to the outside. comnig out to the yard, i looked up, and the sky was pictch black, high upper atmospheric winds were blowing, very spooky. In front of me, thier was a goldish pyramid and heard faint thunder. that was facing east, looking north of it, an old mans face appeared in the sky, with a white beard unmanaged..kinda like it was god himself, moses or something. I woke up sweating, heart racing facst, and swore i was really thier!
Thier was another dream i had later on that year, where i was on our driveway at ngiht street light and everything was as is..a big(almsot my height) greensih snake was fighting with an orange spider, i think it was a tarantual..spiraling around eachother, i was looking at it and woke up.
Earlier this yar, my favirte cat had oassed away...and was missing him SO much. A qucik dream i had, was him walking up to me on my bed, smiling seeing if i was around. The thing is i almsot overlslet for work and had that dream not woke me up ide be in employemnt line
it all seemd so real so os real...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
its pefectly possible,

I myself have certain dreams a lot , reacurring dreams of a place setting with its own people, the dreams are never the same in terms of what happends, but all the content in the "city" people places/shops are the same , like a looking glass, mostly its my city and places I've been, but things are different, different shops, things like that,

and have always thought for a long time that its me "tapping" into memories/thoughts of me in a seperate universe where everything took a different path, kind of like the Butterfly effect. but our minds are connected still

and a sound theory is that there is an infinateamount of universes , that say if I decide to go left instead of right, the universe splits in two and they both happen at the same time.

if someone here could elaborate on that theory, it would be most welcome.

so yeah I beleive that to be the case, not all dreams certainly but dreams like I have.

as for pregognition I dont see that as other dimentional, but rather skipping along in "this" dimention.

Yes i have very much the same kind of dreams. It's almost like a parallel universe. I recognise places but there are strange differences. It's very bizzare.

[edit on 14/12/09 by Kram09]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
I've often wondered if some of the dreams that we all have take place not in our imagination or merely 'organic' in nature but if there really is much more too them than this.
Some of us may of heard how dreams may be symbolic or represent a message we need to interpret.
Again I think sometimes there's more to it than even that.
I recently had a dream where I ascertained information that I later learned to be true on real life.
The information will remain private but I wonder if that in dreams we are interacting with persons from another dimension or reality. This other dimension being sentient of this one.

Thoughts and ideas on this appreciated.

Key thing to remember here, is that your subconscious knows one heckuva lot more than your conscious mind... so when you "receive" information... that doesn't mean it came from "some place else"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It sure seems like your dad knew you were having trouble accepting his death and came to tell you he was okay and in a happier place.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Generally, everyone agrees that dreams appear in their respectively viewed ways to be more than 'storytime imagery' of ones own mind?

I've had plenty of dreams that were purely my own mind's doing, with no external information. But I've also learned things while sleeping and researched them in the waking hours to find correlations. Seen people I know, talked to them, called them when awake and confirmed that they either had the same dream or were thinking of me intensely.

I do appreciate the problem solving that dreaming can accomplish. Having a conversation smooth over in a dream with a coworker, and then following up on it the next day because it encouraged you, or something similar.

What is really interesting is that in my dreams, no-one, not I or any one else, ever asks "what do you mean?" or "what?" is VERY rare. Intent from conversation is always understood. In my dream state, hearing the words is secondary. Understanding the communication is first and foremost processed mentally. It is much more difficult to explain in words than to just simply 'understand'. While all the yet, the more I feel I understand, the more I can say I see greater things to be understood.

What about this Racial Unconscious? Anyone have 'good' reading material?

Also, to add something not read in previous posts, a couple of my latest experiences. I can sometimes think thoughts to myself and ponder things while dreaming, without the shock of 'oh my god I'm not awake!'. It's starting to feel natural. Here is an example to understand the next thing I've learned (naturally) to do in my dreams. Imagine an object in your mind. What is it? What shape/color is it? Can you do this while you are asleep? To me, teleportation feels like your mind is sliding between the two states of 'dream/visual' and 'mind/visual'.

ATS should have a dream forum. Posts about dreams, man I could go forever. When I was younger I could realize I was in a dream and if I wanted to, escape by waking up at will. And if I wanted to, go back to sleep with a similar dream (but altered to how I want). I should bow out now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join