It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So because I dont believe this guys story with no evidence, that makes me a CIA , NSA, FBI operative

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandals24

A lack of Physical Evidence for 9/11 and UFO's is positive proof the Government knows about it and is covering it up.

LOL, I wish I got a dollar for every post about these.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Naaahhh. That's just a sorry excuse whenever believers of faith are forced into a corner with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER to backup their claims other than pure hearsay, theories, mind experiments, hoaxes, tall tales, fictional alien dvds books and the like.

"Where's the evidence?": "You're a paid debunker!!"

"Where's the proof?": "You're a paid government debunker!!"

"This didn't happen because all the evidence are debunkable using 5th grade level school science" : "You're a paid government debunker!!"

"This didn't happen because the witness has a history being a pathological liar, an ex-convict" : "You're a paid government debunker!!"

"This didn't happen because the so called proof is simply an amateurish proven hoax, made to sell dvds, books and the like to make quick buck out
of gullible crazies" : "You're a paid government debunker!!"

etc, etc.

It's all they got in their fruitless quest to prove the unproveable imaginatory laughable existance of "extatestials" www.youtube.com...

UFO crazies will say everyone's 'in on it' to prove their false imagined universe that they made up in their minds is reality.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Shhmeat]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne

I think you make a good point here. If an alien were to sit next to a skeptic, they would still not believe it.

If an alien were to sit next to me I would try to take off his fake costume.

Or are you talking about illegal aliens?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Shhmeat]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
SANDALS...
I totally understand where you are coming from. 80 to 90 percent of the folks on ATS don't want to hear any opinions that are contrary to theirs.
You may find a post I made sometime ago interesting if not funny to say the least...I feel your pain my friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think the real danger on ATS is the liberal terrorist.Did you ever think that they may be telling Osama what we say?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've seen a UFO as in unidentified. Whether or not it was alien in nature I have no clue, I call it alien myself because of the way it moved and how fast it moved, but that's enough for me to know that people are seeing something and the government isn't being honest about it. It wasn't an hallucination because a person across the street saw it also. Mass hallucination is an excuse I'm getting sick of hearing.

I can't provide physical evidence of it and it's people that take that and say things like "then it didn't happen", that get on my nerves. Most of these people have no physical evidence themselves to prove aliens don't exist. Call them out on that and they'll say something like "We don't need it" and I hate that.

A lot of people on here take it too far. Someone will come on here and report a sighting. Debunkers come in demanding physical proof, photos, videos and all that stuff. When the person doesn't have any of that they're considered liars and the debunkers start demanding the thread be closed like they have all this power because they post a lot on here. That's when it's being taken too far IMHO. And it's always a bunch of debunkers doing it at once like it's there job to do it and a lot of the times it's the same people over and over. It's stuff like that that makes a lot of people think they're dis-info agents on here and to be completely honest I believe a few here are. Especially the few that have there power trips sometimes.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
What about splitting the Aliens/UFO's forum into two groups: One with anecdotal stories/Possible Hoaxes, and the other with Pictures/Video/Evidence? You know, that way it will make thread searching alot faster for the educated poster.

Well fine and dandy... but can you please point me to the threads in the UFO and Alien forums which have absolute proof so I can get to the good ones? The RW thread is very popular but I see little evidence dealing with the OP story...

I for one would love to see a category for 'proof positive' or 'best case' for UFO's save a lot of time as you say

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I dunno why you guys are taking so much offense to being called a government agent. I'd find it awesome if someone accused me of that, and I'd even play on it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Yes we can choose not to read but that doesn't stop the damage being done by those certain posts.

Well perhaps a list of these posts that are doing 'damage' with the 'views' data for comparison would be good..

If there was so much 'damage' as you say... why is the site growing in popularity in leaps and bounds? Is it maybe because many see this as a place that doesn't 'edit' threads unless they go beyond the T&C

You know its funny sometimes... there was one thread here where a worker at Area 51 came and made ONE POST... the thread went on for many pages... yet the OP wasn't even there.. never came back... If the 'debunkers' had not swarmed on the thread... needing the believers to fight back... the thread would have dies as there was ZERO content... I forget which one it was as its not active now but I am sure there are several like that

Personally it reminds me of kids poking sticks into the tigers cage... a pathological need to 'defend the truth' by stirring things up

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I only read the first page of this thread but I'm going to post my thoughts, apologies if someone else already said this.

Prehaps the reason people throw around these accusation is because we really DO believe that ATS is filled with operatives/plants/alien spies/whatevers. Some of us ARE very paranoid.

Vas

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaf99ces sorry to say, I have never kidnapped eyewitnesses to UFOs, I have never collected dead alien bodies, or covered up an alien spacecraft.

Now THAT is an interesting way to say that... WHY would you be sorry to admit that

These people who thinking we are all bad guys need to sit down with a service member or government entity and have a chit-chat, communication is key here folks.

Hmmm quite right... and if you sit down with a service person or a government entity... and that person tells you a different story... then do I believe YOU who may not have ever had clearance enough to get in on the "good stuff" or do I belief the person who is telling me the other story and showing me patents related to that story and giving me other clues to follow?

So now where does that leave us?

But your right not all in the 'government' are bad... in fact it may be only a few... if there were many they would move openly and not care about secrets
And after one comes knocking at your door to sit down and 'converse' you get a different slant on thing

[edit on 16-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I know that there is a huge chance that aliens are visiting us. But the lack of evidences is NOT a valid reason to create new ones. Now, after reading some posts, i have to say that is right, some threads must be allowed, but at the same time i ask to clean Aliens & UFOs forum. We have skunkworks, so there's no need at all to create another forum, ad hoc. Just move the higly speculative discussion to there, and if something turns out to be of some value, then move it back here, as we are already doing with the "anomalies" in "space exploration" forum. ATS members have the ability to separate pure garbage from something interesting. I, for example, respect abductions stories. And who knows me is aware that i don't like "stories" not corroborated by facts. But the story is long, and i have MANY reasons to believe in some of them. My fear is that this forum could be easily attacked by attention seekers, it HAS happened in the past, it IS happening right now and it WILL happen in the future. So, trash=NO but MOVE it, move the stuff that is not strictly related to Aliens & UFOs.
Aliens & UFOs= sightings+evidences+FACTS

ufo haiti=Aliens & UFOs
channellers=skunkworks until proven to be corroborated by some more evidence
ive been abducted last night=skunkworks until proven to be corroborated by some more evidence

i saw a strange light=space exploration

ive found a video of an alien in my C:\directory = jokes and pranks

and so on.

this is what we can do.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have to agree..Some on here are on the fringe...Others have checked out from reality in a way I can't imagine.
I am not sure what the deal is, but if you don't agree with some of these nuts, you are a spook or a disinfo agent. which is giving me more credit than I deserve.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I know that there is a huge chance that aliens are visiting us.

Well I started out eons ago thinking that... then started to doubt it because nothing concrete ever was presented. We have all those groups and agencies claiming to investigate UFO and Alien abductions and in all this time, all these years since von Danekin first teased us with Ancient Astronauts... we still have nothing we can hold up and say THIS CAME FROM OUTER SPACE

So I started to forget about looking... until all of a sudden some high level people started to say things like...

"Thanks, Ron. I got a kick out of reading your note! YES..MIB's do exist. Did you get a chance to read my story about the 'visitor' I met at MacDill? He had 2 sets of eyelids...honestly...reptilian! I about # my pants when I saw his eye...never forget them!"

But other than what might be hidden in top secret bunkers... it seems no one can point me to a collection of reports and say... "these are for real..." and tell me why

As to Skunkworks... well in theory that should be the perfect place... after all Lockheed Martin made it famous for black ops...

But for some reason here it doesn't work that way... seems few go down to the basement

IMO....

ufo haiti=ridiculously obvious fake from the get go
drones=you guys all really fell for those for that long and call yourselves UFO researchers? Including many 'famous' researchers?

official "Looking Glass" document=Skunkworks

official NASA report of a Nuclear Power Plant on the Moon=Skunkworks

official Wisconsin University report of an existing fusion rocket=Skunkworks

channellers=paranormal

i saw a strange light=space exploration
Robbie saw those in his hotel room... what kind of space was he exploring???

See the problem is WHO gets to make the call on which one merits which department? Its not a simple call in many cases..

But sure there are a plethora of 'nothing threads' that seem to have a life of their own... IGNORE makes them magically fall through the cracks... and if people are ignored on stuff like that... there will be no fun... and they will go play somewhere else

Now then where did I put that alien video I found....?

OH Found IT...

Here you go irrefutable proof of Aliens errr well....

[edit on 16-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandals24

Oh I agree, just read my sig.
Well posted, lets catchup together at the Government Owned Startbucks Secret Agent Coffee House...I hear EBE Grey No. 3 makes a mean Mocha-Latte.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Or maybe you're a disinfo agent trying to pit people together in a big battle so people don't think and talk as much about the issues... conspiracy on a conspiracy eh

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Oh my Word.... I left work yesterday ( not at the pentagon!!!!! ) with 7 replies.. gonna take me ages to read through all the responses thnaks alot everyone for your particiapation.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
response to TheInfamousOne

I think that kind of attitude is what im getting at. If an Alien sat next to anyone how could they possibly not believe it to be true....

Just because someone is sceptical doesnt mean they should branded in that way....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I dont think we need to split the forums up as we already have Skunk Works.

Its not my intention to ban people from posting if certain people dont believe their Stories so I dont think voting on Thread's validity would be far to the OP

What im saying is if someone doesnt believe or agree with you then that is there right...

Just the same as If somebody really believes in there crazy Reptilian thread.. its there right

Doesnt mean you are a Crack Pot or a Disinfo Agent...

Amazingly though certain peoples responses are actually doing exactly what im complaining about......

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well that is an interesting observation... I wonder if I look through a few threads if I can find skeptics using those exact tactics?

I am sure you can find plenty of examples. Being a skeptic or believer (or whatever label you want to apply to yourself) is not an automatic confirmation of maturity or immaturity. There are skeptics every bit as immature as some believers; and even the best of us let our temper or passion get the better of us from time to time.

That being said, I believe this is a more common occurance among the believers. And if you are a believer, please do not take this to be a personal affront to you. Like I said, whatever label you apply to yourself is not an automatic confirmation of maturity or immaturity. Nor do I think it is something inherent among all believers, just a more common occurance. It may have something to do with the "believer culture" in which their ideas develop.

But then again, it may just be perception bias on my part.

I would definitely say its tactics...constantly use that "burden of proof' thing...

I do not see a demand for proof, and a high criteria for it, as being a diversionary or immature tactic. Extrordinary claims require extrodinary evidence.

The ones that get me are the ones who have the "Saviour Complex" the "Defenders of Truth" but more likely than not the only "truth" they defend is their own version

I do not see why you thought this insult was necessary. What evidence do you have this is the case? If "Defenders of Truth" has done something untowards to you, you should not lump me in with him, and vice versa. If neither of us have done anything other than forward a position, then defended that position, and that is your problem with us, then I hope you realize you are proving my point about the behavior of some believers. Everyone gives a position, then defends it; why are not skeptics afforded the same luxury, and instead attacked for it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join