It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra Papers - I was there

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Question - I came across the America Park or something like that where they have a huge ring and obelisks - I can't figure out if its real posing as a tourist attraction or a tourist attraction posing as something else...

I'm really interested in your opinion on the park because of all your stargate research.

Thanks -

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

i saw that and i have no idea. i'd have to read up on it to be honest. all i know is what i've found out so far and it does seem rather consistent, and across several cultural lines (and thousands of years of technological advancement perhaps?).

ever read anything by finis jennings dake? he wrote a huge book (god's plan for man), detailing every book in the bible, often digging into the original languages. it's fascinating. although hard core christian, he brings up some old earth topics, using biblical texts, that i found extremely convincing. he was no slouch, either. he was a theologian and a scholar but his understanding of old testamet scripture occassionally goes against the grain of the mainstream. especially on the topic of what he believed were ancient civs on this planet before humans. morningsky might appreciate at least that section of the materials.

in fact, dake says that the earth was the abode of the angels before humans and that they had advanced technologically and went out to colonize the other planets and moons in our solar system. he believes there's a government in the universe, just like the terra papers claim. it all fits in quite well with morningsky's info on that particular topic AND it uses biblical texts to do so.

in case anyone's interested enough to purchase the book, the info is in the section called THE ANGELIC DISPENSATION or DISPENSATION OF THE ANGELS (can't find my copy at the moment to give the exact name, but it's in first section of the book, which is describing eternity past).

[edit on 10-4-2009 by undo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It would be interesting to get your take on it - the plaque there at America Park says it was excavated, but I have no idea if they're making it up or not - but it looks just like the open ring and they erected obelisks there too. V-e-r-y strange!

I haven't heard of Dake - but I've never really delved into the Bible because I didn't trust translations over hundreds of years. I checked him out and looks interesting - I might get one of his books to see what he says.

The problem with the Bible, especially today's is that there are so many inconsistencies and too much left for the clergy to interpret. But it was based on "something" - I personally think Christ was probably a very high soul that tried to come here and enlighten the people - just like Buddha and Krishna, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

it is interesting! i'd quote the relevant passages from the book but i can't find it atm and the thing is immense and in fine print.

where's the ring located?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The park is in Colorado Springs Colorado - this is their website - it's just too... conveniently 'out there' to be just a made up tourist attraction.

www.americathebeautifulpark.com...

Don't worry about looking up any Dake quotes - I know too well it takes time to go and look stuff up

k.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
did you read all the pages?
i keep picking up little nuances in your posts that are really quite interesting, as how they may apply to my research thus far.

Yep, until I got to the 404 error.

Watch the symbolism of the "net" in ancient mythology; it's remarkably consistent: sacred-texts.com...

The name of the Temple of Thoth at Khemennu, or the City of Eight, was Ḥet Ȧbtit, or “House of the Net”—a very curious expression. From Ch. cliii. of the Ritual, however, we learn that there was a mysterious Net which, as Budge says, “was supposed to exist in the Under World and that the deceased regarded it with horror and detestation. Every part of it—its poles, and ropes, and weights, and small cords, and hooks—had names which he was obliged to learn if he wished to escape from it, and make use of it to catch food for himself, instead of being caught by ‘those who laid snares.’”
[...]
Now in the Hymns of the popular Hermes-cult found in the Greek Magic Papyri, one of the most favourite forms of address to Hermes is “O thou of the four winds.” Moreover, we may compare with the rope with which the Fishers “rope the abominable fiends of earth,” the passage of Athenagoras to which we have already referred, and in which he tells us concerning the Mysteries that the mythos ran that Zeus, after dismembering his father, and taking the kingdom, pursued his mother Rhea who refused his nuptials. “But she having assumed a serpent form, he also assumed the same form, and having bound her with what is called the ‘Noose of Hercules’ (τῷ καλουμένῳ Ἡρακλειωτικῷ ἄμματι), was joined with her. And the symbol of this transformation is the Rod of Hermes.”

[... Here is added the aforementioned passage of the Enuma Elish ...]

It is further quite evident that Athenagoras is referring to a Hellenistic form of the Mysteries, in which the influence of Egypt is dominant. The “Noose of Hercules” is thus presumably the “Noose of Ptah.” Now Ptah is the creator and generator, and his “Noose” or “Tie” is probably the Ankh-tie or symbol of life, the familiar crux ansata, of which the older form is a twisted rope, probably representing the binding together of male and female life in generation. Ptah is also the God of Fire, and we should not forget that it is Hephaistos in Greek myth who catches Aphrodite and Ares in a Net which he has cunningly contrived—at which the gods laughed in High Olympus.

In the list of titles of the numerous works belonging to the cycle of Orphic literature, one is called The Veil (Πέπλος) and another The Net (Δίκτυον). 1

In the Panathenæa the famous Peplum, Veil, Web, or Robe of Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom, was borne aloft like the sail of a galley; but this was the symbol only of the Mysteries. Mystically it signified the Veil of the Universe, studded with stars, the many-coloured Veil of Nature, 2 the famous Veil or Robe of Isis, that no “mortal” or “dead man” has raised[....]

Eschenbach 3 is thus quite correct when, in another of its aspects, he refers this Veil to the famous Net of Vulcan. Moreover Aristotle, quoting the Orphic writings, speaks of the “living creature born in the webs of the Net”; 4 while Photius tells us that the book of Dionysius Ægeensis, entitled Netting, or Concerning Nets (Δικτυακά), treated of the generation of mortals. 5 And Plato himself likens the intertwining of the nerves, veins, and arteries to the “network of a basket” or a bird-cage. 6

All of which, I think, shows that Thoth’s Temple of the Net must have had some more profound significance in its name than that it was a building in which “the emblem of a net, or perhaps a net itself, was venerated,” as Budge lamely surmises.

The Veil of Isis was originally the Veil of Neith—who reweaves the world on a loom each day and nurses crocodiles at her breast. In the Mysteries, you got to take a peek under it and tread "the threshold of Persephone"—provided you had the stamina for the initiations.

Gilgamesh laments the death of Enkidu ("created by Enki," Adam) with the with the words, "(Aye, and) the net [had taken its toll]"—and later, contemplating his own mortality—"the net to the earth hath stricken me also."

Just incidentally, the Magnetosphere has been acting up lately.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
eleleth

waaait a minute, wasn't it a net that was used to shut the mouth of the beast thing that would bring ragnarok? lol i know i just did a hatchet job on it. but the lore is something about the maw of a gigantic creature that brings ragnarok when the net is removed. know what i'm talking about?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

weird site lol
the thing is a helix. also weird ... can it be corroborated?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i just reviewed the norse references to ragnarok. i remember now what i was thinking. my theory was that LOKI was an offhand reference to ENKI, and the great serpent Jörmungandr, was the nordic name for Tiamat as a wormhole and the wolf Fenrir was a huge Abzu in space (a massive stargate, that when it is opened, it causes a cataclysm involving the local planetary and lunar bodies, including the sun and the moon).

I should preface this by saying that this story sounds pre-adamic, not futuristic. it may be describing the onset of the ice age, which was the end of the angelic dispensation on the earth.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by undo]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

eleleth

waaait a minute, wasn't it a net that was used to shut the mouth of the beast thing that would bring ragnarok? lol i know i just did a hatchet job on it. but the lore is something about the maw of a gigantic creature that brings ragnarok when the net is removed. know what i'm talking about?

Interesting. I'm not that familiar with Norse lore, got a link? I suppose that once the net was loosed, everything would dissolve back into the original Chaos. Bad for the Gods—perhaps not so bad for us.

The allegory of the net is almost palpably transparent in the following following little story:

The eagle has lost favor with Shamash. Enmity has arisen between the eagle and the serpent, and, curiously enough, the latter stands under the protection of the sun-god. What the cause of the enmity between eagle and serpent was, may have been recounted in a missing portion of the tablet. The eagle forms a plan of destroying the serpent's brood. He is warned against this act by a young eagle, who is designated as a 'very clever young one.'

Do not eat, O my father, the net of Shamash is laid (?);
The trap, the ban of Shamash, will fall upon thee and catch thee.
Who transgresses the law of Shamash, from him Shamash will exact revenge.
But the eagle, we are told, paid no heed to the warning.

He descended and ate of the young of the serpent.
The serpent appeals to Shamash. He tells the sun-god of the cruel deed of the eagle:[Pg 525]

See, O Shamash, the evil that he has done to me.
Help (?), O Shamash, thy net is the broad earth.
Thy trap is the distant heavens.
Who can escape thy net?[1032]
Zu,[1033] the worker of evil, the source of evil [did not escape?[1034]].

Shamash responds to the appeal:

Upon his hearing the lament of the serpent,
Shamash opened his mouth and spoke to the serpent:
Go and ascend the mountain;
The carcass of a wild ox make thy hiding-place.
Open him, tear open his belly.
Make a dwelling place [of his belly].
All the birds of heaven will come down;
The eagle with them will come down.

Upon penetrating to the meat he will hastily proceed,
Making for the hidden parts.[1035]
As soon as he has reached the inside,[1036] seize him by his wing,
Tear out his wing, his feather (?), his pinion,
Tear him to pieces, and throw him into a corner,
To die a death of hunger and thirst.

This devilish plan is successfully carried out. With considerable skill the narrative describes how the eagle, suspecting some mischief, did not join the other birds, but when he saw that they escaped without harm felt reassured. He tells his brood:

Come, let us go and let us also pounce down upon the carcass of the wild ox and eat, we too.

The eagle is again warned by his "very clever" offspring. The rest of his brood join in the appeal, but

He did not hearken to them, and obeyed not the advice of his brood,
He swooped down and stood upon the wild ox.

[Pg 526] Still, he is not entirely free from suspicion, and the narrative continues:

The eagle inspected the carcass, looking carefully to the front and behind him.
He again inspected the carcass, looking carefully to the front and behind him.

Detecting nothing to justify his suspicions, he digs his beak into the carcass, but scarcely has he done so when the serpent seizes hold of him. The eagle cries for mercy, and promises the serpent a present of whatever he desires. The serpent is relentless. To release the eagle would be to play false to Shamash.

If I release thee ...
Thy punishment will be transferred to me.

Thus the serpent justifies what he is about to do. In accordance with the instructions of the sun-god, the eagle is stripped of his wings and feathers, and left to die a miserable death.

Birds were universally regarded as symbolic of the soul. The carcass is, naturally, the physical body. And the serpent is you-know-who.

As this relates closely to what you have said about the Garden of Eden, I should append this excerpt from Zosimos, who quotes from the "books of the Chaldeans":

“When Light-Man (Phōs) was in Paradise, exspiring under the [presence of] Fate, they persuaded Him to clothe himself in the Adam they had made, the [Adam] of Fate, him of the four elements,—as though [they said] being free from [her] ills and free from their activities.

“And He, on account of this ‘freedom from ills’ did not refuse; but they boasted as though He had been brought into servitude [to them].”

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

oh wow..........
that's, i'm flabbergasted!

it's got that "meat bag materializer" concept in it. in that sense, the net would be more like human flesh but i could see how it would end up being associated with the gate, if that were part of its function.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
and the ragnarok reference:

it's wikipedia. i was going threw this page and following the various links, probably those referencing LOKI and the related concepts like the great serpent and fenrir
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

weird site lol
the thing is a helix. also weird ... can it be corroborated?

The ring is a helix?
I think its VERY weird - I can't find out if it really is a tourist "joke" or if it's the real thing being pawned off as a tourist joke.... I was hoping you might have some insights. I find it quite disturbing either way - especially in Colorado since Denver is rumored to be the new capital of the NWO (with its airport and all)....
I tried checking it out and can't determine one way or another... I was hoping you might already have debunked it...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

no, i had seen a pic of it before, but i hadn't investigated it, primarily because i thought it looked like a modern sculpture. i will check into it, though. not sure i will be able to find much more than you did.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
okay this is odd. according to the colorado springs website (the official one), the photographs don't show the circular helix thing at all. here's a link to the site with pics
www.springsgov.com...

maybe it's in some part of the park that isn't posted on the page?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

no, i had seen a pic of it before, but i hadn't investigated it, primarily because i thought it looked like a modern sculpture. i will check into it, though. not sure i will be able to find much more than you did.

Yeah exactly - and there's not much on the internet to find. Would be interesting to know more about it though. Perhaps someone here will be able to help

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Eleleth

oh wow..........
that's, i'm flabbergasted!

it's got that "meat bag materializer" concept in it. in that sense, the net would be more like human flesh but i could see how it would end up being associated with the gate, if that were part of its function.

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them..."

But I don't think that this net is the body specifically—think of the carcass as bait. To reiterate:

O Shamash, thy net is the broad earth.
Thy trap is the distant heavens.

I already gave a hint as to what it might be. But don't tell anyone; it might damage my online reputation to suggest that the ancients had knowledge of such things.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

well don't pussyfoot around the subject! just have out with it!

what's your theory? make a thread or u2u me or post it here (mods and op willing)?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My guess is its the electromagnet field(s) that are the net - I think they keep us sealed in and off besides mind warping us...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

oh say it's time-related, please!
you'll make my day!

i gots a hunch, ya know....

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join