It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was This A Message From Extraterrestrials??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
The infamous hoaxters "Doug and Dave" who do very good crop circle formations for years and years have done so in this same field many times.

Like this one?

Well ok, maybe a few too many at the local beforehand.

I do understand what you are saying and yes there are many (human) groups that make many of the formations, but not all.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think SOME crop circles are extraterrestrial in origin, however, I believe there's just too little to suggest this "reply" fits that bill, it's just too obvious and there's no signs of extraordinary skill.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What a great thread and a great way to start my morning at ATS. I'm one of those silly people who believes that the extraordinary crop circles are the real deal, so if you want to laugh at somebody, laugh at me.

I think "the neighbors" are here and have been here for a while and a lot of us are just in denial. That's okay though. The whole thing is still delicious.

Here's a cuppa for you, Mike.

[edit on 3/10/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well, I certainly did not mean to insult anyone. I just merely wanted to point out a known fact to consider when researching the particular event.

Vance

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
thanks mike!
great info!

I was unaware of this message until now.
The almost identical symbol of the communication device is awesome... def put the probability of this being genuine up there.

as of now, I have no reason to believe it is anything but genuine.
yeah, there are man made crop circles, but even when looking at those crop circles you can tell they aren't as neat or precise as the real ones.

thanks again mike.

-Odessy

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Great post Mike. As an amateur to crop circles I have always dismissed them as hoaxes. I am a true believer that ET's exist somewhere, as well as many types of paranormal. However, I can't help but be skeptical about crop circles. Even without much knowledge of them, they have always just seemed kind of ridiculous to me.

With that said, now I want, or should i say need, more information! I'm a so called newbie to researching the extra terrestrial as well as a new member to ATS. Would it be possible for someone to post a few samples of the BEST known man made crop circles so I can see what humans are actually capable of doing with a board and a wire? I have never seen some of the ones posted and it really got my blood flowing.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great posts,many thanks for the interesting readings,much better than the usual 5 minutes of fame youtube vids of which have dominated this site for a long time.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Well, some of them are obviously man made.

And then we have the crop-circles that stand out, for having abnormalities that man made crop-circles dont have.

Here is a link about this:

Have some fun researching

An interesting read.
Problem is, as with many such articles (I wont mention Global Warming) is that you can lean the evidence and data to how you wish others to read it.
Like I always say when confronted with such evidence, how would I do it.
This summer I will arrange for a crop circle to be made, under controlled conditions, no aliens or other involvement, and see what the experts have to say. I'll report on it after the event so as to avoid corruption and see what the experts make of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It looks like Stewie was here again:

[edit on 10-3-2008 by realanswers]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Would it be possible for someone to post a few samples of the BEST known man made crop circles so I can see what humans are actually capable of doing with a board and a wire? I have never seen some of the ones posted and it really got my blood flowing.

Hi samureyed! There are a number of sites you could google for complete albums on CCs.

But what you'd probably be more interested in is complex 3D CCs. Here's where the fun really begins. Because it's near impossible for a bunch of school kids to have made these with a shaded torch, a couple of ropes and a few wooden boards! Here's one which resembles a hall way with open doors on the sides!

Cheers!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The "Arecibo Reply" is quite breathtaking and I would love to believe it was of extraterrestrial origin, I really would...

Unfortunately, we already know that people can make exceptionally complex designs very quickly if they have done all the math and got the design and plan of execution sorted out beforehand. Just visit Circlemakers.org and have a look at their designs, some of which are amazing.

I have a big problem with the location of the circles - mostly in England with the occasional few popping up in Japan, Australia, USA & Russia. Why would aliens only present these messages to a handful of nations? Surely if they have ships capable of evading detection they could spread them around a little bit more? You could say that these countries are some of the more important on our planet but then why not a higher concentration in the USA or Russia rather than in England? Much as though the English still cling to delusions of imperial grandeur they are not that big a deal anymore! (I mean as a world power - no offence to any Sassenachs intended!).

Also, why leave messages in remote areas on a temporary medium that can only be seen from the air or a high vantage point? With all that shiny alien technology I'm sure they could just reply to the Arecibo broadcast directly from their ships!

This is why I believe that the modern spate of circles are more than likely man made. Especially when you see some of the designs at Circlemakers.org. Dave & Doug may once have given folk the idea, but now more intelligent and creative people are taking it a lot further.

Which is a shame really, because if there are actually any E.T created circles, they will probably just be dismissed as man made...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if the same kind of aerial objects that appeared in the sky in that Brazilian UFO flap in Colares back in 1977 are the same ones that created the Arecibo crop circle and others too during that era -- and after that.

Just a thought but can't rule out that those "UFOs" with those lethal light beams that terrorized Colaresl were not man-made and part of some kind of a collaborative effort of various covert governmental agencies around the world where those UFOs with their "light beams" served as a "metaphor" to those of us in the modern western world that the level of THEIR technology is so advanced to our technology, we are forced to compare it to what it must have been like for a primitive tribe in the amazon to see an airplane, for example, flying up in the sky for the first time. I'm not saying that this was the whole reason why they made an appearance in that part of the world because 'they' also seemed to have been conducting an 'experiment' of some sort, and a horrific one at that, -- but that they showed up in that location of the world to simple villagers at the mouth of the Amazon River like that seems to be part of "their message" -- a metaphor perhaps? that many of us in the modern western world can relate to in terms of the technological gap that lies between OUR modern technology and the basically non-existent technology that exist in those third world regions of our planet.

So to my reader, if you understand what I've trying to explain here but not doing a very good job of it...lol --- perhaps those same covert agencies are the also the creators of the Arecebo crop circle and others where they are using the same technology they used in Colares, Brazil only a variation of it to create those landscape pictographs.

Just food for thought but having seen a large triangle ufo in broad daylight, the first thing that came to my mind after it zoomed off in a blink of an eye, was that there are 'agencies' out there who possess technology that's so far advanced than what the general public is aware of... technology that seems to be centuries ahead of what the general public knows about, one wonders if there's a secret society that exists on earth that co-exists with our own only in this case, we are like the "primitives of the Amazon" and "they" are like the modern western world (meaning us as this point in time). That the gap between their tech. and ours is so great, it's beyond comprehension!

Just look at how far 'modern man' has advanced technologically over the past 50 yrs ... and look how it keeps advancing at an ever accelerating rate! Sure, we would like to think that this accelerating rate of technological advancement is just part of the natural process.. but is it really? Supposing such information really is introduced to us "Corso" style in such an intentional way where it only appears like that rate is accelerating but in reality is only an introduction to that technology that these covert groups have possessed for maybe even hundreds of years!

So does all of this sound more implausible than saying that such technology belongs to ET's and not man? Which of these theories are the more ridiculous of the two? Think about that. Perhaps we should explore those time traveling theories out there because if it's not possible to travel back and forth into time on a linear level even theoretically, then we have no choice but to consider that such advanced technology is the product of an advanced human society and network here on Earth that's been hidden away from the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

When it's easily demonstrable that crop circles even more complicated than this so-called "reply" can be made with the crudest of implements, I do not believe there's any reason to believe the "reply" was made with advanced technology.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar

Originally posted by Balez
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

An interesting read.
Problem is, as with many such articles (I wont mention Global Warming) is that you can lean the evidence and data to how you wish others to read it.
Like I always say when confronted with such evidence, how would I do it.
This summer I will arrange for a crop circle to be made, under controlled conditions, no aliens or other involvement, and see what the experts have to say. I'll report on it after the event so as to avoid corruption and see what the experts make of it.

Well there are certain things that do stand out, but as you said, you can lean evidence in a certain direction.

Here is a try at that:

Scientific analysis
In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned 5 aeronautics and astronautics students from MIT to create crop circles of their own. Discovery's production team consulted with crop circle researcher Nancy Talbott, who provided them with three attributes which she believed set "real" crop circles apart from known man-made circles such as those created by Doug and Dave.[33] These criteria were:

Elongated apical plant stem nodes
Expulsion cavities in the plant stems
The presence of 10-50 micrometer diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly
Over the course of a single night the team were able to create a stereotypical "man-made" circle which they then attempted to enhance using the three criteria. The team used lengths of rope to plot their design and trampled the wheat down in a spiral pattern using lengths of wooden board attached to loops of rope. To meet criterion 2, they constructed a portable microwave emitter; using it to superheat the moisture inside the corn stalks until it burst out as steam. To meet criterion 3 they built a device - dubbed the "Flammschmeisser" - which sprayed iron particles through a heated ring. However, the device proved to be too time consuming to use and they were forced to finish the task using a pyrotechnic charge to distribute the iron around the circle. The circle was later analyzed by graduate students from MIT, who declared it to be "on a par with any of the documented cases". Their conclusion was later questioned by Talbott, noting that the team had only been able to recreate 2 of the 3 criteria. Talbott also expressed concerns that the iron particles were not distributed laterally. Furthermore, she felt that the team's use of night vision headsets and other technologically advanced items would be out of reach for the average hoaxer.[33]

The creation of the circle was recorded and used in the Discovery channel documentary "Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields

Source

They used some very hightech tools to try and match the three criterias that BLT uses in their research.

Many of the tools they used are not something that is common in everyones home, ofcourse you can rebuild a mircowave to do this but how many have the 'know how' to do that?

The research team BLT not only take samples from inside the circle but also outside the circle in different places.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

why are the magnetic fields not exactly where the circle formation is ? have any of these magnetic field tests been performed on other crop formations ? this is the first time i have seen this type of diagram, and find it incredibly interesting. more info please.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

The transmission consisted of a simple pictorial message aimed at the globular star cluster M13. This cluster is roughly 21,000 light-years from us, near the edge of the Milky Way galaxy, and contains approximately a third of a million stars.

One question, considering that the galaxy that the transmission was aimed at was 21k light years away, they wouldn't have even received the transmission yet, correct? Regardless of how powerful the transmission was, it ain't going faster than 182k miles per second. So what is the assumption then? That the signal was intercepted by a craft before it got to its destination?

I think if something comes back in 42,000 years we can be confident that it truly is a message from "beyond the stars", and not just the result of the antics of few bored astronomers.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As a point of discussion, let me add there have been 16 "acknowledged" transmissions or messages directed to specific points in space. These transmissions are referred to as Messaging to Extraterrestrial Intelligence (METI).

1 Transmission in 1974 known as the Arecibo Message
4 Transmissions in 1999 known as Cosmic Call
6 Transmissions in 2001 known as the Teen Age Message (symphonic music)
5 Transmissions in 2003 again known as Cosmic Call

There are also over a thousand transmissions if you consider those generated by Arecibo's and other's more random searches for near earth objects.

Just wanted to throw this into the mix. It would be interesting to find any similar "responses" to these later METI attempts. Wiki has information on these transmissions.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by DancedWithWolves] typos aaargh

[edit on 10-3-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Perhaps those same covert agencies are the also the creators of the Arecebo crop circle and others where they are using the same technology they used in Colares, Brazil only a variation of it to create those landscape pictographs.

But the question that begs an answer is, ‘WHY’? Why should a top secret black project/gov agency waste it's time and effort in making crop circles? For whose benefit? They’re more into esoteric ‘Looking Glass’ and FTL technologies than expending their energies in making crop circles!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is why you are the best Mike!
S+F

SETI’s Response:
There is no evidence to suggest an other-than-earthly origin for these graphics. In other words, a prank by a group of ‘circle makers’, but of which we have not a clue, even seven years on!! Can the makers come forward and show us how it’s been done over one night and put to rest once and for all the mystery at Chilbolton?

Ok

SETI is searching for ET life......

SETI gets a incredibly complex reply in the form of a pattern in wheat.....

SETI then denies any possibility that this could be from an ET origin......

SETI was told what to say. This is quite apparent.

Grow some balls SETI, tells us what you really think!

From the beginning, I have always thought that SETI was using the wrong instruments to find ET life. I mean RADIO SIGNALS????? Come on SETI.

How ancient are radio signals?

Does SETI honestly think that interstellar civilizations are actually using radio frequencies?

You would at least think they would have an open mind....But alas....None to speak of.

Just another organization that is manipulated by the higher-ups.

Sad, just sad.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why do people automatically assume crop circle photos are REAL?

I've uploaded exactly 23 on the internet, and have found them to be believed as 100% real. (or maybe I'm a liar government disinfo agent working for the NWO or the CIA. :lol

Why do you suppose that is?

You should try it. Create a fake crop circle photo and see how fast it spreads among a bunch of internet imbeciles.

It spreads pretty fast, let me tell you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join