It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was This A Message From Extraterrestrials??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I dont know why people gets fascinated by this..this happen like 4 or 5 years ago and nobody really didnt care even on that time (for just a few and some magazines to sell more), I just hear the same old stuff " this could be extraterrestrial" "they answer"...the problem is we are just a very tiny part of the population, the rest actually dont care about cropcircles or any UFO phenomena. I am not saying that the battle its lost, but giving or taken the rest put the rules, Even if the message is real nobody actually care more for it, lol they care more for putting food on their mouths than some aliens commming to earth and play graffity on the fields.

Why would they choose england all the times??..I supouse because they started over there, radio signals or video signals can be blocked by GOV officials so still the population would be out of the loop, thats why i guess they choose the fields, it more easy people get notice by a pic on the field than radio signal that may never be hear out by any human (only the ones actually searching for it) or Gov officials...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
if it's fake, its a very interesting fake, IMO.

BTW why is it making the rounds here now, when apparently the reply was recieved in 2001?
Why haven't we heard more? If its a hoax, I'd like to meet the guys who did it, they must be smarty pants' with a lot of time on their hands.
:O

Its an interesting 'circle' to say the least, hoax or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why crops though?
Surely if they wanted to, they could blast sand or rock into a slightly more permanent feature, anyway..

Originally posted by Balez

Scientific analysis
In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned 5 aeronautics and astronautics students from MIT to create crop circles of their own. Discovery's production team consulted with crop circle researcher Nancy Talbott, who provided them with three attributes which she believed set "real" crop circles apart from known man-made circles such as those created by Doug and Dave.[33] These criteria were:

Elongated apical plant stem nodes
Expulsion cavities in the plant stems
The presence of 10-50 micrometer diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly
Over the course of a single night the team were able to create a stereotypical "man-made" circle which they then attempted to enhance using the three criteria. The team used lengths of rope to plot their design and trampled the wheat down in a spiral pattern using lengths of wooden board attached to loops of rope. To meet criterion 2, they constructed a portable microwave emitter; using it to superheat the moisture inside the corn stalks until it burst out as steam. To meet criterion 3 they built a device - dubbed the "Flammschmeisser" - which sprayed iron particles through a heated ring. However, the device proved to be too time consuming to use and they were forced to finish the task using a pyrotechnic charge to distribute the iron around the circle. The circle was later analyzed by graduate students from MIT, who declared it to be "on a par with any of the documented cases". Their conclusion was later questioned by Talbott, noting that the team had only been able to recreate 2 of the 3 criteria. Talbott also expressed concerns that the iron particles were not distributed laterally. Furthermore, she felt that the team's use of night vision headsets and other technologically advanced items would be out of reach for the average hoaxer.[33]

The creation of the circle was recorded and used in the Discovery channel documentary "Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields

Source

They used some very hightech tools to try and match the three criterias that BLT uses in their research.

Many of the tools they used are not something that is common in everyones home, ofcourse you can rebuild a mircowave to do this but how many have the 'know how' to do that?

The research team BLT not only take samples from inside the circle but also outside the circle in different places.

I remember watching that program with great interest and was completely baffled by their ideas and ways to approach it. I think one of the problems encountered by the students was that they tried to be too clever (MIT has to defend itself).

Personally, I'm going to comment no further on this and shall report back on this after the event. I'll be sure to keep a video record of the incident, although this could still be dismissed afterwards as an attempt to detract from 'the truth'
If we meet any agricultural aliens whilst in the field, we'll be sure to ask them for tips

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's funny so many (skeptics) people like to say these are all man made, yet there is "zero" proof that these were man made, other then the fact that they can prove some shapes can be made by man, but then my argument is then some shapes can be made by aliens. Neither one of us have any proof (videos, images, etc...) showing these so called "crop circle groups" doing it. How could there be not a single video/image catching these people in act.

This would be as hard to prove as it is to disprove. So since it is 50/50 then I rather believe some of these complex shapes were done by ET as a sign to proof their visitations to earth. There are TONS our there and getting more and more every year! I see my cup, half full! Other then the fact that I have had personal experiences with these ETs!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
From the beginning, I have always thought that SETI was using the wrong instruments to find ET life. I mean RADIO SIGNALS????? Come on SETI.

How ancient are radio signals?

Does SETI honestly think that interstellar civilizations are actually using radio frequencies?

You would at least think they would have an open mind....But alas....None to speak of.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

Actually, radio signals are incredibly ancient. As in, there is still a general background noise of radio signals from the Big Bang.

But I think you're getting a little confused as to the definition of "radio" signals. SETI is looking for signals along a wide spectrum, not just in the one particular segment of frequencies. Thus, they're not just looking for what would be the alien equivalent of an FM or AM radio station, but along microwave frequencies, radio frequencies, etc.

Radio astronomy is also one of the most respected scientific fields out there. They are able to pick up on certain information (ie what type of energy is radiating out of particular stars) that Observational astronomy can't. Additionally, radio telescopes are becoming more and more common than observational telescopes, considering the immense difficulty in building massive mirrors/lenses for giant reflectors/refractors.

Besides, if you're trying to communicate, or locate, a potentially highly-advanced civilization, would you use more complex technology that they might not have developed, or would you go with something common, and basic?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodthirstyCapitalist

Besides, if you're trying to communicate, or locate, a potentially highly-advanced civilization, would you use more complex technology that they might not have developed, or would you go with something common, and basic?

well, I've also heard that as we focus on digital, we arent going to be broadcasting as many waves ourselves, our planet may seem to 'go dark', that could be a possibility for other civilizations. Not sure though. I don't remember where I heard that either lol

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
well, I've also heard that as we focus on digital, we arent going to be broadcasting as many waves ourselves, our planet may seem to 'go dark', that could be a possibility for other civilizations. Not sure though. I don't remember where I heard that either lol

Seems likely. Guess that means I'm gonna have to break out the old school Giant home Satellite Dish of the 80s and start broadcasting more waves out into space.

Just gotta ask you: Do you really live in Alamogordo? As in the July 16, 1945 test site for Trinity? That has got to be wild... Heck, I think that's worthy of its own thread

Got any cool pics?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by branestorm

Unfortunately, I have not come across any radiation tests conducted on the Chilbolton pictograph. However, here is some gen on other CCs where scientific tests were conducted, notably by BLT Research.

After 1993, regular soil sampling was instituted at most crop circles sampled by the BLT Team. Subsequently, tiny 10-40 micron diameter spheres (and/or partially ablated particles) of unusually pure iron have been regularly found in soils from crop circle sites.

Photomicrograph (100 X) of 10-40 micron diameter, spherical,
magnetic particles of the type regularly found in crop circle soils.
EDS reveals these spheres to be pure iron; the fact that they are
Magnetized reveals they were formed in a magnetic field.
Courtesy: BLT Research

For the clay-mineral crystallization case study, Check it out here…

www.bltresearch.com...
www.bltresearch.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

www.circlemakers.org...

Like someone else has mentioned has great evidence of man made crop circles.

However, this does not mean ALL crop cirlcles are man made.

I find the more difficult ones to explain are as follows:

Blown nodes

Twisted or woven wheat (or whatever crop)

Made in a single night or a matter of hours

Radiation or high electromagnetic field

Have a hidden message encoded

If you want a really large list of amazing things people have discovered in crop formations, look at this
www.korncirkler.dk...

Now I found this interesting as well,(same website above)

In the "effects on animals" section

3 - flocks of birds overhead fly around the formation

Birds can see magnetic north with their eyes, its how they travel vast distances every year.

I was wondering if birds have the ability to see an abundance of magnetism in a certain area? If so, we could possibly use them as a sort of hound dog, to sift out the areas of high magnetism, and by doing so, sifting out the genuine from the fake.

Most of all.......Keep an open mind!

I saw a bunch of people posting their beliefs here, and I was shocked to see a number of you complety dissmiss this without another thought. "Its fake"

That mentality will only get you so far....

That mentality will only hinder your ability to see what is "real"

By denying anything fantastical, you will miss the big picture entirely.

Besides where is the fun in saying "NO" to everything?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I really don't think that the crop circle is anything but a hoax for numerous reasons.

The only way for a project like this to be hoax free is if nobody other than the original senders of the signal know what the signal is and what could be deemed as a response.

The fact that the transmission and it's contents were publicized, explained and broken down into it's constituent parts leaves a reply wide open to being hoaxed.

The message only had time to travel 13.5 LY before the response was received assuming that the response came back at light speed. (13.5 years to get there, 13.5 years to come back= 27 years between send and reply)

The message was only broadcast once, for 3 minutes, so the receiver would have to be ready to receive, record and interpret the message correctly. There would be no second chance. Like the few 'odd' signals we have received on earth, because they only happen once, they are all but ignored.

But, assuming the message will be received in the far off future.....

Lets just hope they are technologically advanced enough to receive it, arrange it into a pictogram, and when they do, they arrange it the right way up. If you arrange it 73 wide x 23 high you get this.

Very pretty. It will probably be seen of being from an intelligent source, but as to whether they'd be able to get the gist of what it's all about is another matter.

Of course, the message may reach a planet teaming with life, but that gives one more problem. Of all the intelligent species we have here, only one would have the ability to do anything about it. If it reaches a planet identical to earth but without the humans, then what?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Seems likely. Guess that means I'm gonna have to break out the old school Giant home Satellite Dish of the 80s and start broadcasting more waves out into space.

Just gotta ask you: Do you really live in Alamogordo? As in the July 16, 1945 test site for Trinity? That has got to be wild... Heck, I think that's worthy of its own thread

Got any cool pics?

make deliberate broadcasts?
lol.

Yes, I really live in Alamogordo. They open the test site twice a year for tours out there. Its actually very very boring here.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Irma

Have you ever wondered........

They were just floating in space above our planet?

This message would only have to go miles instead of light years.

The reason why they waited so long......Its part of the plan!

"They" have watched us for some time now....

If that were true, then how hard would it be for them to decode our message?

I cannot believe you dismiss the entire field of crop formations!

Or are you saying you just think this one is a hoax?

[edit on 10-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Palasheea
Perhaps those same covert agencies are the also the creators of the Arecebo crop circle and others where they are using the same technology they used in Colares, Brazil only a variation of it to create those landscape pictographs.

But the question that begs an answer is, ‘WHY’? Why should a top secret black project/gov agency waste it's time and effort in making crop circles? For whose benefit? They’re more into esoteric ‘Looking Glass’ and FTL technologies than expending their energies in making crop circles!

They're just showing off that's all.. and they also are relaying benign "messages" too but this is just integral to the "artform". The very elaborate ones that were done over night... or just in a few hours... sometimes even being seen later on in an afternoon when they were not there that morning show every indication they they were made by covert aircraft using sophisticated microwave beams. That these very intricate and complicated designs cannot even be seen in their entirety unless view above from a plane -- and that some of these designs are 3-D too...once again, not seen at nightfall but then seen the next morning where witnesses report seeing light's flying about over the fields and black helicopters that are also seen after the creation of those designs... shouts to us that these pictographs are the products of military covert technology.

No one one to this date has come forward to claim that they were the creators of some of the most complex of those designs because they know that they would be required to do a repeat performance and recreate them exactly as the original and in the same time frame and so on... Lol, they can't do that -- why? because they didn't create them!! They are liars!!
And you know if those con artists could duplicate some of those complicated designs ... in the same time frame showing those same 'indicator's of authentic crop circles and so on.... once again... all in the same time frame.. you can bet your boots they would gladly reproduce such pictographs and have a video of them recorded doing this! Can you imagine the fame!! Why would such artists keep it secret??? It's because they are con artists... they are not the creators of those type crop circles.

Anyway, why did those UFOs with those light beams show up in Colares, Brazil?? Just to terrorize and scare the living daylights of those good citizens of those villages on that small island?? No... I think they also did it just to be seen.. just to let the world know that they have technology like this and want everybody to know this... same with those complicated crop circle designs... they do it just for the sheer hell of it.. they are having fun... sort of like a big tease. lol

But what's extremely disturbing is that real creators of those very complicated and intricate pictographs think those outside of their 'group' are less than human... that we are inferior to them .. like the Nazis view that Arians are far superior than any other "race" on Earth. They seem to be like that.

It's very unsettling to think that those who are operating those advanced aircraft with their advance technology treat us like inferiors.. like animals even... with little or no conscience at all!!

We should be afraid... very afraid.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Palasheea]

link   

One question, considering that the galaxy that the transmission was aimed at was 21k light years away, they wouldn't have even received the transmission yet, correct? Regardless of how powerful the transmission was, it ain't going faster than 182k miles per second. So what is the assumption then? That the signal was intercepted by a craft before it got to its destination?

That's probably it. Either intercepted or received by an inhabited planet about 12 to 13 light years away. But most likely it's the former. (That is, IF this pictograph isn't man made!)

link   
reply to post by Chiiru

and post by BloodthirstyCapitalist

But we still use electromagnetic waves for broadcasting all that digital stuff.
As long as we are using satellites for beaming stuff about the globe, electromagnetic waves will still be dissipating off into the distance at light speed.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by Irma]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

It was only this one crop formation I was saying was a hoax.

It is possible that the message was intercepted more locally than expected, but if you have the ability to receive the message in a certain format, why not respond in that same format?

Why the need to draw pictures in a wheat field in England?

Electromagnetic waves would surely be 'seen' by more people. If they are that clever and know so much about us, why not respond by broadcasting it at a regular frequency that many could pick up?

Maybe they're just having a laugh with us.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

So this wasn't made by some con artists? Good! We're on the same boat then!
But I hope it doesn't have a darn hole at the bottom!!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Are crop circles genuine?if they have been made with a few blokes with a couple of planks,they would stand out as frauds,because there is no way they would stand close scrutiny,they would not be perfect,a lot of the designs are highlycomplex.
There is another possibility,with the amount of satelites around it is possible that these crop circles have been made with a laser. You have all seen those glass crystals with a 3 D image inside, made of thousands of dots,maybe this is how crop circles are made?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotp
I have a big problem with the location of the circles - mostly in England with the occasional few popping up in Japan, Australia, USA & Russia. You could say that these countries are some of the more important on our planet but then why not a higher concentration in the USA?

USA? Check this out. Crop circles in North America on GoogleEarth. Thousands of them!

Christ, if the're man made, how long do you think this would've taken?? And by how many prankster groups? So then surely someone would have been caught in the act or would have come forward and admitted to making some of them and showed us how and why they made 'em?

But the mystery remains!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by Palasheea

So this wasn't made by some con artists? Good! We're on the same boat then!
But I hope it doesn't have a darn hole at the bottom!!

Cheers!

Covert military entities/agencies with Nazis-like mentalities .. playing games. Like I said.. we SHOULD be afraid. Colares, Brazil UFO --> case in point.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join