It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadowy person-like shape (photo)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Cute girl in the pic

The problem with Cell Phone cameras is their slow shutter speed. It is VERY easy for even a slightly/slowly moving object to cause an extreme blur similar to what we see in this photograph. That could easily be someone with a hoody on just turning their head to grab a drink behind the lady pictured.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Interesting picture. It has all of the elements of a classic ghost picture, although the blur bothers me. Dunno what would do that, unless someone is dangling a little figure in front of the camera at the time of the taking of the pic.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have seen this exact type of artifact on pictures taken on my cameraphone and have determined that, at least in my case, it was the strap from the leather protector on it.

Ask about the camera and find out if it has/had a leather case on it.

Oh, and that girl really is a cutie, but that's a different topic all together.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The outline (minus the hat and the face) looks very similar to a SP I saw the other night, the general level of different SHADES of blackness.

However, having seen many of them, this freaked me slightly to start with, but I'm with most of everyone else, this seems either staged, or at the very least, misinterpreted or misrepresented as a ghost.

It seems far too clean for it to be anything but a person in black and/or grey clothing that has moved before the shutter/camera went off.

I'm pretty open about ghosts and definitely believe in SP (Shadow People), but it's too abnormal to be real IMO.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i dont have any reason to doubt the OP,it doesnt look photoshoped or doctored in any way,there no reason why the camera strap would get in the way of a 'pose' picture,the negative shows that there in something there what has similar energies to light,very good photograph.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I don't know whats so amazing, to me it looks like there is a small model really close to the camera.

I've been testing my theory, and have had excellent results with my camera on making a similar picture.

All you have to do is set your camera to have no flash, have an object right by your camera and shake it a little bit and then take the photo, it will give you the same results as this picture.

In my opinion this photo is an obvious fake, somebody shook a small model in front of the camera as a joke.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

i will try this tonight to see if i get those results. but i do see "shadow people" at work all the time and they look similar: i think im insane lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
To anybody that is claiming that this is a fake and that they know how it has been (could have been done) , be so kind and show us a picture from your phone/camera recreating this kind of effect ..

Ahh and please spare us the excuses that you do not have the phone with you , your camera is broken since yesterday , your cabel is cut , or your PC wont upload the picture ..etc

Just to clarify , I am not saying this is not a fake , I am just sick and tired of people jumping on threads yapping how this or that is fake and how they can reproduce this or that effect with their own camera with a bit of practice but strangely enough never seem to post their own pictures of accused effects ..

Also no offense to anybody that does produce the effect in question , I hope you understand the need to be able to back up your own claims of debunking with a photo

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Thill]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx

i will try this tonight to see if i get those results. but i do see "shadow people" at work all the time and they look similar: i think im insane lol.

Yes there have been so many people who have seen shadow people, so I do believe you. I'm just saying that there is a "possibility" that this photo was made this way.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Ok will do, I have a picture, but it's not perfect, I feel ill right now so I'm not bothered to make a perfect one lol.

Just give me time to figure out how to post a picture here.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Im not going to assume either way as far as if this is photoshoped, some sort of trick photography, or real. Fake or not, if nothing else, this is a great pic of what a shadow man looks like for anyone who wondered or tried to explain it to someone. Yea there is a bit of a blur, but considering how fast they can move that would be expected I think. I dont think any 2 dimentional picture could ever give you an exact feel for what these look like in real life. The darkness they are made up of seems to have form, yet the apperance of depth at the same time. The exact opposite of us. Where we put off energy, they are like a black hole.

anyway thats my $.02

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok here's some pictures I made, I made them the way these pictures might have been done, just as an example of a possibility.

I did these quickly, so nothing perfect, but it will give you a good idea that it's easily possible.

Enjoy.

What is that!?
s253.photobucket.com...

More
s253.photobucket.com...

I hope it's friendly
s253.photobucket.com...

More
s253.photobucket.com...

He doesn't seem to mind it.
s253.photobucket.com...

The actual object size comparison.
s253.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

great job Phoenix!
having a strong photography background, when I fist saw this it was clear it was caused by a slow shutter speed and as stated before, a person wearing a black hoodie was walking into the shot.
The few things that added to my reasoning was: it appears to be a small party of some sort, the "black figure" is the same height as the main girl, as in high school college average height type figure, so easily could be a friend walking up to grab a drink. And the girl in the back on the far left of the image is not as blurry but she is blurry and her hair is blurry also, which adds evidence to the "slow shutter" shot.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringing

And the girl in the back on the far left of the image is not as blurry but she is blurry and her hair is blurry also, which adds evidence to the "slow shutter" shot.

Yep a lot of odd things happen when you don't use flash.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Ok here's some pictures I made, I made them the way these pictures might have been done, just as an example of a possibility.

I did these quickly, so nothing perfect, but it will give you a good idea that it's easily possible.

Enjoy.

What is that!?
s253.photobucket.com...

More
s253.photobucket.com...

I hope it's friendly
s253.photobucket.com...

More
s253.photobucket.com...

He doesn't seem to mind it.
s253.photobucket.com...

The actual object size comparison.
s253.photobucket.com...

riddle me this batman... how is it that the subject in the OP pic was not blurred, but the shadow was?

In all your attempts everything has motion blur... but in the original, *only* the shadow has motion blur

Hrmmmmmmmmmm?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

riddle me this batman... how is it that the subject in the OP pic was not blurred, but the shadow was?

In all your attempts everything has motion blur... but in the original, *only* the shadow has motion blur

Hrmmmmmmmmmm?

Actually only the first picture has everything blured.

In the others it's only slightly blured almost clear, just like the op picture in this thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Hrmmmmmmmmmm?

you kidding right? let me tell you this, with a slow shutter speed, or say a camera phone, if the subject is not moving, they will be unblurry, but if others around the subject are moving, such as walking behind the still subject, the moving person will be blurry. To make this simple for you to understand, go out to the street and stand very still and take a picture of the other side of the street, take it when a car goes by you, I will bet you anything that if you are using an average shutter speed, or a camera phone that the car will be blurry , but the other side of the street will not be blurry. Does this make the car a spirit? nope, same as in this picture.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Nice resolving of that effect

But to the OP... before I read any of this thread, I felt psychically sick from watching that shadow thing. Interesting... the mind I mean.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Im confused, Phoenix, are you trying to prove it real or fake?

You did a good and amusing job of proving that whatever it was, was moving. I just dont understand what side you are on.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That's insane! She doesn't look 21, but even if she is, that is a LOT of alcohol to have in the house! Looks like a bottle of J&B up there, maybe the 'lightest' drink in the set is champagne. No causual drinks in sight. Is that a drink mixer in the back next to the microwave? Hopefully the pill bottles are vitamins.

About the shadow creature, perhaps what's disturbing about it is the extension of it near the bottom of the picture. The whole image looks the charcoal effect and the shadow person could stand to lose a few pounds in the belly area. Guess he doesn't get enough exorcise.

It is a disturbing photo, but not for the reasons the original poster had intended, I'm sure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join