It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadowy person-like shape (photo)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tartar

Zounds! Santa lost his reindeer and is falling off his sleigh! Put down the camera and help him!

P.S. Point taken with the photograph, nice job.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrojanNutzConspiracy

You did not prove anything, cause the figure on the other side looks lighter than the figure on its opposite side, so sorry

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could this not be some ones finger over the lense?

I mean it would be easy to change on photoshop....

I think you can almost see flaring....

just a hunch

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
I have seen this exact type of artifact on pictures taken on my cameraphone and have determined that, at least in my case, it was the strap from the leather protector on it.

Ask about the camera and find out if it has/had a leather case on it.

I can't be the only person who has seen the 'camera strap' explanation become a household utility.... I mean this explanation is used in so many instances it has almost lost all meaning.

This isn't to say that the camera strap isn't a valid explanation sometimes

but when it looks like a person in black clothing moving around, it's probably a person in black clothing moving around... I don't think this is a real ghost picture - but I cringe to see the camera strap explanation stretched so thin all the time. Anyone else?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by TLomon
I have seen this exact type of artifact on pictures taken on my cameraphone and have determined that, at least in my case, it was the strap from the leather protector on it.

Ask about the camera and find out if it has/had a leather case on it.

I can't be the only person who has seen the 'camera strap' explanation become a household utility.... I mean this explanation is used in so many instances it has almost lost all meaning.

This isn't to say that the camera strap isn't a valid explanation sometimes

but when it looks like a person in black clothing moving around, it's probably a person in black clothing moving around... I don't think this is a real ghost picture - but I cringe to see the camera strap explanation stretched so thin all the time. Anyone else?

This is highly unlikely a person in black moving around. Unless that person has a full black mask on and this was completely staged. The girl has a large amount of light reflecting off of her, even someone in a black outfit would still have some light reflection from the bright light source overhead. It took heavy photo-shopping to even find any light reflection off the black mass. I'm not saying it's a ghost, but IMO its definitely not a person dressed in black.

*edit!! After taking a closer look at my photoshop i noticed something i completely overlooked. The black mass has an arm going horizontally across its stomach.. This might actually be a person after all..

[edit on 21-2-2008 by samureyed]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Didn't you know all cellphones come with camera straps?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Okay... to put a theory up in the air... (I am of course borrowing some other info from other posts.. It's bound to be allowed right?)

So... High School / Early College party. Girl goes to take picture and someone is standing next to her fixing a drink or whatnot. Across the room (kitchen?) someone else walks through the door called the guy (?) that was standing there and so he turns around and looks up as the picture was being snapped. Thereby making the blur, the uplifting head making the "hood" idea. He also had just picked up the drink and that makes the horizontal arm. We can also theorize that he may have just come in a few minutes earlier and therefore not had time to take off his jacket (maybe it was cold out.. no date, no location) And thereby looking like a "blob". From there we can also take the white fuzzy object at his waist and decide maybe he brought some more booze to the party and it is still in a plastic or paper sack.

Jives with my mind... any takers?

The Eagle

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Nice work!

After your editing and manipulation I definitely see a human figured....
Its confusing as their does appear to be transparency???

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Some points I can't answer until I talk to the woman who took the picture - until then:
1.) The explanation I was given was, that they took the picture, and this showed up so they kept it. I'm not sure what more explanation you expect.

2.) Waiting on detail

4.) I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to prove - I can't go back in time and take the picture myself to be able to post it on here...

5.) Good detective work, but I registered some time ago and came back now because I figured this would be the best place to have the pic "evaluated" as it were (I'm none the wiser as to whether this is real, fake, photoshopped etc - I just know what I was told: They thought it was a ghost in the shape of a monk. I'll try to get more detail on the circumstances from them)

I've read the forum quite a bit, mostly around spring/summer last year so I knew the kind of stuff that was posted here, which was what made me post this in the first place.

And yes, I have been waiting to see a wide range of responses so I could address more points in reposting. Also I was reading another thread in this section for about 3 or 4 hours last night.

6.) Um.. yep? That's what most people use cameraphones for - taking pictures.

7.) I don't know if they were alarmed by the picture - my mum is the go-between in this, the owner is a colleague of hers. As I said, I'll try to find out more info. Clearly they *did* think the pic was important or they would have ignored/discarded it rather than sending it on.

8.) Who said ghosts have to use the bare minimum needed to pass as a person? I'm not entirely sure the point you're trying to make here.

And in response to everyone else:
Leather strap seems plausible except for the odd way the blurring is manifested - looking at the photoshop enhanced copy it seems that the shape is quite 3D and defined (not very blurry) except for long blurred streaks on the left and right of the figure, which seems quite strange.

I did examine the picture myself in photoshop, which led me to be quite sure that no editing had taken place (mostly because of the CCD noise over the black figure, and the consistency of the pixellation)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed

This is highly unlikely a person in black moving around. Unless that person has a full black mask on and this was completely staged.

*edit!! After taking a closer look at my photoshop i noticed something i completely overlooked. The black mass has an arm going horizontally across its stomach.. This might actually be a person after all..

Yes I'm sure it is a person. I was going to say, what makes it impossible for a person to put on a black shirt and burlgars mask etc.

I think some people are assuming that this is the OP's picture, it's actually just a photo that they came across as it was making rounds across the net.

I sort of wonder if the people in the photo weren't staging anything at all and just happened to catch a blurry picture of their friend dressed in black.

It certainly got alot of attention though! This thread took off. I think ATS is hungry for some good ghost pics.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I didn't "come across" the picture - it was sent to me by a colleague of my mum who took the picture because I'm the local "tech guy"

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
look what happened when i sent this to MY momi267.photobucket.com...< br /> and thisi267.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The shadow thing macth that girl. I dont think that it is photoshoped, but the phone had somekind of error or something.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
LOL does she have Joint there?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Actually this picture can be real.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
it indeed is a person that was moving in a fast manner i have taken many pictures where a friend sneezed and they became black blobs

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In any case, an investigator would go talk to the friend of your mum.

Unless you all love to process within a field of complete uncertainty. That's cool too.

But if you really want to know something about this first go to the source. If everyone is still alive and in possession of their facilities you will answer the bulk of the questions. Whatever is left is fair game.

The image is interesting so far only for the seeming discrepancies in the lighting and object unlit. Did your mum's friend say if the people in the room at the time had any experiences or impressions? Tell mum to call and ask some questions for everyone.

I have tons of bad pictures that without information would look like any number of strange and unusual things. Sometimes trying to figure what went wrong is fun and helps me be a better photographer. But usually I can't think of anything to do with them but introduce them to the recycle bin.

Wheres the OP?? He/she posted on the evening of the 20th in the UK. Should be back soon after the long night and work day. How about more info?

Looks like everyone is having fun though.

ZG

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
First of if you believe this is a shadow person or cell phone strap or finger,
i respect your opinion and your thoughts.

To tell you the truth i believe shadow people exist , i just do not believe
in every thing i hear or see.
I am not trying to say your story is false either.
But please do not tell me you can not do this kind of thing in photo shop or paint shop pro.
Because you can if you try hard enough.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If it hasn't been said before, the shadow figure looks a lot like the the girl.

She's holding her left arm up, and it looks like the figure is doing the same. Both of the heads are tilted at the same, they are roughly the same size, and you can make out some details in the shadow that look like the girls clothing.

Personally, I think it's her.

[edit on (2/21/0808 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think its the girl. You can see the outline of her shirt collar on the shadow.

Give me a sec to open PS and all of that. But if you look....you will see the shadow has the exact same collar....you can also see the outline of the folds on her shirt and jeans.

I dont know any technical jargon...but somehow the camera duplicated her and processed it wrong.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join