It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadowy person-like shape (photo)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Im confused, Phoenix, are you trying to prove it real or fake?

You did a good and amusing job of proving that whatever it was, was moving. I just dont understand what side you are on.

Just showing that it is possible to make a similar picture, I'm more on the side to it being fake, and that my example is probably how it was made.

But I'm open to the possibilty it might be real, probably not thou.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Can i say fake!!

The shadow person has a evil twin!!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Thats cool, but you proved that whatever it is its moving. Can you figure out what it is that is moving? I think it is behind her because she casts a shadow on it making it darker on the bottom half. Enlarged, it has the exact same pix (coloration) as the other heavy shadows in the photo. Look at the window for example. In my opinion this does not show the pixelation a person wearing black would. I would think this would be most difficult to photoshop.

Just curious, what is that between the shadowy figure and her butt cheek?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TrojanNutzConspiracy

I am sorry, but you just proved that what you did was not done in this photo. It may look similar, but yours is flat one color. This has form, and then some. Enarge it, notice the details, then try again.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Yeah and that it could be a small figure/model put right by the camera.

The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was that it was a small object really close to the camera, and that is what I see everytime I look at it. To me it's an illusion.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Well you can believe what ever you want it looks the same to me.
I have been messing around with animation and paint shop pro and photo shop for a long time , and i have seen this done before.

To me it is a FAKE!!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ok

here is the one in question.

and your fixed up one

Notice the pixelation on the first one, notice the form, where the light hits. You cant do that with photoshop. I have seen some kick ass art work, but never have I seen someone who was good enough to do that. If they could, they wouldnt be wasting their time with this when they could be making a fortune in hollywood.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Very well, here's my issue with the photo.

1.) Rarely is a photo without explanation more than someone gaining self-indulgence watching people play a guessing game at what they're looking at. Often, in the back of one's mind there's that snicker since they know the 'secret'.

2.) The girl obviously is not affected by the "shadow person" nor was there any detail on what had happened as a result of it.

3.) The scene looks to be at a party where at the very least alcohol is present. The person in the photo is clowning around. Perhaps they have friend who take photo's that also clowns around?

4.) Original poster states they did not take the photo, therefore is relinquished of any hoax responsibility.

5.) Original poster is new to the board. This isn't to be assumed a bad thing, but it doesn't show a prior reputation of following ATS guidelines about posting hoaxes.

Last Visit: February 21, 2008 (s/he is watching to see what happens)
Threads Started: 1
Total Replies: 47 Post
Count: 2
Applause: 0
Flagged: 1 times

Username: marinedalek
E-Mail: (none listed)
Site: (none listed)
Registered Posts: 2

( www.abovetopsecret.com... . User makes no attempt to give a profile, add friends, no location, no mood, no user-photo, etc.)

Most people try to find out more about the topic by engaging in existing discussions. When they're confident they won't be called crazy and are able to defend their position keeping in mind the community's viewpoints on the topic, THEN they start their own thread.

6.) Picture taken by cameraphone. Low quality is expected unless it is a new and expensive phone.

7.) The photo did not alarm the person who owned the picture nor did they consider it important, else they would not have given it away.

8.) Smokey apparation bears a lot of traits of being a person that a smokey apparation would not or should not need...unless ghosts have need of a stomach, to hold items and to have strange protrustions in the waist region.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Saint, Im just saying if they are going to try to prove it a fake, they need to do a better job of it.

I dont know the background of the photo. Do I believe in shadow people? Yep. Im sure you know how i feel about the subject. We have discussed it several times in the past few years on quite a few of the "shadow man" threads here.

I too find it odd that this is a photo of one, but the details in the pic are amazing. It is something other than photoshopping, I just dont know what.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I too find it odd that this is a photo of one, but the details in the pic are amazing. It is something other than photoshopping, I just dont know what.

If I recall correctly, there's an option on Adobe Photoshop 5 to pixelate, round edges, and many other dynamics. I'm very novice with photoshop, but apparently my wedding was in the Mediterranean (though I've never been there) according to the photo.

I found the video of the unicorn sighting more convincing and interesting, but to each their own.

www.youtube.com...

Shadowpeople, though intelligent enough to go undetected by people always show up on camera.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well to me it's very obvious that it's what I said it was.

but I guess I'm the only one that sees that, it feels like it would if I could see things in 3d, and everyone else only sees it in 2d.

Anyway I really would like the original poster to come back, I find him/her suspicious.

If your messing around with us, just admit it please, and tell us how you did it. Please!

[edit on 21-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well i better move to hollywood then,because it looks fake to me.

and as for the pixelation, yes it can be faked to, if given enough time...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this either. It does look very similar to some sort of motion blur. The most prominent artifact of this is the head tilting upwards from a downward looking position.

Thanx for sharing. Strange-

2PacSade-

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Sometimes "shadow people" show up in family portraits in ancient times:

Okay okay, I give. The emporer's son was removed due to a disgrace. In modern times we use scissors, but it isn't necessarily the most technologically advanced way to blot someone out of a picture.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
I have seen this exact type of artifact on pictures taken on my cameraphone and have determined that, at least in my case, it was the strap from the leather protector on it.

Ask about the camera and find out if it has/had a leather case on it.

Oh, and that girl really is a cutie, but that's a different topic all together.

You nailed it

It is the strap or part of the phone case or an object close to the camera on the counter of the bar possibly. No motion is necessary for it to blur like that. Drunk people don't take very good photo's.

I AM a photographer and this still happens to me occasionally. Sometimes a strap gets twisted around and I don't notice until I see a ruined picture.

The idea of something close to the lens looking that blurred is also correct. In fact I've taken shots through fences that the wire blurs enough I can remove it in post as if it was never there. I just switched to an avatar that was shot through a fence (I'm not crazy enough to get that close to two Brown Bears fighting without protection). There was a wire through the bears midsection.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrojanNutzConspiracy

and as for the pixelation, yes it can be faked to, if given enough time...

It is not a fake. Its just an amateurish mistake. I shoot pure digital now and like I said above I still end up with things like that now and again if I don't pay attention.

I spend 4 to 8 hours a day in PS3 Extended these days and have worked in PS for many years before that. You could not match the pixel pattern well enought to fool anyone who knows what to look for.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Here is an altered version using Photoshop CS3. I also am a very frequent user of photoshop for the past 10 years. I know the program in and out. I applied sharpening, shadow/highlight, level adjustment, and contrast to this picture to bring out some important features:

The figure has dimension

The figure is blurred on the left side more than the right (rear?)

The bottom of the figure is the most intriguing as is shows what looks to be folds in clothing as well as something white and blurry to the left... cant figure out what that is.

there is a light source coming from almost directly above the photographer as seen in the reflection of the close bottle. However this light source doesn't seem to be reflecting much off of the figure, which means I don't believe it is actually a person. Even a leather strap would reflect light off of a light source that bright.

This to the best of my knowledge and experience is not a photoshopped image.. The pixel formation is not easily duplicated, anyone with experience in photoshop should know this.

My conclusion is it is either something very close to the camera with a matte finish, something like black construction paper. or its an SP.

I need to get back to work, but maybe someone else can get a few answers from this image.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That scared the hairs off my arms!!!!! What was that, that is definately a ghost. Good pic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
well if it is a belt in front of the camera or photo shop it still is not a shadow person.

Oh yes, you can fake anything if you are given enough time and skill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join