It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock Lake Wisconsin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I realize this thread may be a bit old, but I actually live in Lake Mills and plan on diving Rock Lake tomorrow morning (april 11). The water will be cold and clear, sunny skies, with the best chance of seeing anything. My dive buddy and I are headed for a location recommended by another local that mapped out right where to look for the pyramids. Judging by the lake depth contour maps, I anticipate finding (at best) the turtle and/or the headless man effigies.

If anybody is still reading this thread and has a recommendation of where EXACTLY to dive, please post and I'll try to hit that location if this place turns up to be a sandbar.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerpolo

Any update for your dive? You were supposed to go on 11th and it is the 17th. Any crazy pictures or new info?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

hi, just a short note to tell who ever is listing that there was a skeleton found in 1 of the mounds at the astalan site back in the 30's. it was of a women and it was kept at the Mil. public mueseum in a box 4 a number of years. in the 80's it was found and anlaized,it was found to be a caucasion women, she was buried with shells found only in the meditreaian.and she pre-dated the mound in which she was found by 500 years. recently(98 or so) there was much ado about native american rights to our dead and the bones were reinturned at Astalan with much fan fair and hopla.i have always found this most curious,that there was no mention made of the fact that she was white, and a women.(At the time she was suppose to have lived we native peoples did not have holy women.)or the fact that there were sea shells from the meditranian found with her.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I apologize for not posting sooner, i thought this was a dead thread. Now that I see people are still reading this... well... here's a quick synapses...

I did actually dive Rock Lake and unfortunately did not find a thing (not even a beer can). We checked the area I was told and found it was so shallow, we couldn't observe much. Water temp of 42F, max depth for the dive of 12 feet. Really boring dive. Good visibility (~30ft), but since it had been a long time since I last used my drysuit, I had some proverbial rust to shake out. All-in-all, nothing to report. My dive buddy forgot his camera, but the only thing worth taking a picture of would have been zebra mussels.

Afterwords, I told my contact (who "knows" where to look) about the dive. Apparently we didn't dive out far enough to get to the deeper water where the structures are (of course). Also, as we were getting ready to get in, 3 different people approached us and told us of 3 different places to try (north end, south end, west side... north of the marsh, etc). Yet nobody knew EXACTLY for sure where to go.

Right now my dive buddy is viewing the Great Barrier Reef, so it may be a bit before I get another chance to dive.

Thanks for reading this, though.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't responded either myself... but I agree, from what I have read about diving, the sediment layer is so loose? that when one tries to get to the locations, a cloud of silt begins to blanket everything, reducing visibility to zero.

The way I see it, drain the lake... the lake only formed when water was diverted anyway. We have eye witness accounts going back to the turn of the century of rock walls and other archeological structures, we have the Indian oral history, photographs...

If this was Egypt, the powers that be would have taken care of all this already.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The first sketch of the Rock Lake Pyramid from a 1970 issue of Skin Diver, as presented in Ancient Man.

www.science-frontiers.com...

a little most info here as well:
www.burlingtonnews.net...

[edit on 24-4-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Actually, the area we were supposed to look in was rather sandy (=good for diving). We just didn't get deep enough. Silt shouldn't have been much of a problem for that particular area, and I can give a discourse on what silt does to a dive.

Short version: Diving in Midwestern lakes makes you a better diver because if you're stupid enough to get within 12in of the bottom, you'll go from 40' viability to 2 inches of visibility instantaneously. also, silt = goose poop.

We did run into some very silted areas, but I'm willing to look again, but like I said, it may be a few weeks... The pyramids have been down there for 3000+ years, they can wait a bit longer ;-)

Someone with a boat and fish finder would help (it's not that big of a lake)...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Also, to Warrenb... that image of the person "standing on the water"... well, the lake is seriously knee deep in many spots. In a drought year, he's easily just standing on a sand bar. (no, i didn't read the full article)

Like I said in an earlier post, if anybody has a suggestion of where EXACTLY to look, I'm happy to go there when time allows.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I just read Secret Places of the Lion by George Hunt Williamson. On page 199 he mentions this particular pyramid. According to him, structures like these were concealed BEFORE the arrival of Cortes and Coronado. This book was quite facinating to read. I enjoy bending my mind into a pretzel from time to time!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have read a little on this subject matter, and plan to research it much more. I am a Wisconsin native and love stories from my home turf. Any more updated links and info would be awesome. And I will do the same with what I find. I do know this. A friend up there told me at one point they were going to be researching it more through that areas funding. Haven't heard anything else on that rumor.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I live 5 min. From lake mills I'm there every weekend and just recently started digging into the ledgends of rock lake and its amazing to know its been here in my back yard the entire time!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I live 5min frm rock lake and have all my life the water is clear as glass supposedly now the waters low enough u can see the pyramids if u go out on your boat me and my fiance are heading out on the boat today to see what we can find! Ill let share photos if we can see them!
edit on 4-7-2012 by Jkohls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
3D imaging sonar might help here.
seems interesting,. Kinda cant believe if this really was anything
that some "real" research institute hadnt picked up on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join