It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock Lake Wisconsin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There has been very little said about this, and an even smaller amount of research behind the subject.

What is it?

The submerged pyramids of Rock Lake (Jefferson County) Wisconsin, mere miles from the North American Indian settlement of Aztalan.

Three books have been written on this; two by Frank Joseph (Atlantis in Wisconsin and Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake) and the third by Archie Eschborn (Dragon in the Lake). Likewise, one can find a few websites to these structures.

But what are these structures? Many experts would have you believe that they are natural formations, created by glacial deposites. Afterall, these experts are frequent to say, Indians didn't buil with stone, let alone build things underwater.

But according to the tales and legends of the local Inidan tribes, they didn't build them, but rather a pale skinned race with hair like fire and eyes like ice (sounds alot like Celts, or perhaps the original inhabitants of China).

I've read the books, checked the sites, and have found little to satisfy my needs of discovery... so I have started to do my own research into the Rock Lake Pyramids. My first, and most astonishing, find as something that none of the outside sourcs touched upon, and it took some backing of a fellow collaborator to verify.

Rock Lake, and its central key stuctures, lies at a most unusual location. IF one uses the Great Pyramid of Giza as the Prime Meridian as many ancient cultures did, Rock Lake lies at 90 degrees lat, AND, if one figures the age of the Indian myths (the books go into greater detail), it would place its construction at the time in which the north pole was located within the Hudson bay, giving Rock Lake a long of 72 degrees. Rock Lake is a geographical marker, 1/3 distance around the globe lat, 1/5 distance around the globe long.

These findings were verified by someone whom I contacted and interviewed for ATS a couple years back, author Rand Flem-Ath, proponent of the gloabl crust displacement theory.

Although I will end this post here, please note I will add more later... I have to be leaving for work. Thanks, and any input would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hi! I've been researching Rock Lake too! As a matter of fact I'm toying w/ the idea of interviewing a member of the Rock Lake Research Society.

Now, dig a bit deeper...take those lines out and see where else it connects! I know of 2 intersecting ley lines in my area...and when ya follow the lines out of this area it conects, EXACTLY with Rock Lake.

I'm heading there Spring '08

I hope you share more...I'm diggin' it!

niv

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've read a few articles about Rock Lake but never really understood the nature of the formations. The lake itself is supposed to be cloudy and difficult to see in the water. I've seen a few photos but they didn't really show much (to my eyes). I'd love to hear about more evidence if anyone has any. Certainly it's reasonable that objects in the lake would be formed by glaciers as the lake itself is probably glacial (as are many features in the upper midwest).

edit for typo

[edit on 19-12-2007 by niv]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I live only about 4 1/2 hours from the Rock Lake area... i'm tempted to go check things out. It'd be well worth the drive and i could take pictures to post for you guys.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A few replies here real quick...

For moonvibe- funny thing you mentioning your planned trip... I myself was hoping to head down to Rock Lake in the spring / early summer, hoping to be there before the algea clouds kick in. We should organize an ATS sponsored event! Good luck trying to contact the RLRS... I've tried several times already for membership, and to give them my findings to no avail... but it seems their online catalog works just fine (amazing how that works).

jadedlife- 4 1/2 hours away, you say? I used to live in Eagle WI, and never even heard of Rock Lake until this past spring. I'm currently about an hour north of Green Bay. If you ever do happen to go there, the best time for photography, if I recall, is April / May.

niv- The formations, it seems, are conical pyamids made of similiar sized stones, pieced together with an alabaster-type cement made of crushed shells. The larger 'delta' pyramid has a specific graded slope and defined edges... something a deposite could not do. Also, it has been noted that the Lake itself was much shallower, that the structures were made on dry land; Indian legends talk of how the builders flooded the area to keep the Indians away / out of their site.

I originally came across Rock Lake when I was researching a legend story a friend of mine asked me about... he had heard through oral traditions that Lake Superior once had a great statue made out of copper, much like the Collossus; checking on this led me to learn more about the copper mines / copper culture... and the fact that the copper mined cannot be accounted for, even though, at the same time, the Bronze Age was taking place (copper is needed for bronze creation), with experts scratching their heads as to where the ancients got copper for the bronze... and on and on and on, up to this.

*deep breath*

And I am just fasinated by this mysterious race, the pale skinned fire haired blue eyed people...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.rocklakeresearch

Some researchers have theorized that possibly the Rock Lake Wisconsin area became a winter base camp below the heavy snow line for the foreign miners who call their site TYRANENA 1 perhaps based from the native American languages or of their own creation. From TYRANENA 1 the traders travel down the Rock River to the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico and to distribute the copper cargo and some may possibly sail across the Atlantic back to North Africa and Europe with their rough copper ingots. The TYRANENIANS' build rock pyramidal structures and tombs for their dead on the banks of a small lake in a valley where a river runs through.

The interesting part of this for me is the name they were apparently called. TYRANENA, this has enough of a close resemblance to the ancient Phoenician city of TYRE.
Was this a Phoenician base camp. The Phoenicians were active traders at that time, were skilled mariners and navigators and imo were capable of making such voyages across the Atlantic. They were already trading and mining tin from Britain, what else did they need to make bronze, copper and silver.
I dont think the Phoenicians were big on colonising either, they seemed to prefer setting up small trading posts or bases and dealing with local populations. Perhaps these people were from Tyre and named this base after their home port?
I'm surprised that the RLRS hasnt made the connection between the name Tyranena and Tyre, it seemed pretty obvious to me.

There have been previous claims of Phoenicians travelling to the New World, Brazil, Central and South America and even North America, though there is a scarcity of hard evidence to back up these claims im a firm believer in the ability of the Phoenicians to have made these journey's.

Phoenicia

From elsewhere they got many other materials, perhaps the most important being tin and silver from Spain, which together with copper (from Cyprus) was used to make bronze. Strabo states that there was a highly lucrative Phoenician trade with Britain for tin. Trade routes from Asia converged on the Phoenician coast as well, enabling the Phoenicians to govern trade between Mesopotamia on the one side, and Egypt and Arabia on the other.

There are claims that Phoenician coins can be found as far inland of the United States of America as Nebraska and Oklahoma.[9] These claims have not been published in any scientific journals, and there is no widespread acceptance of the validity of this work in the scientific community.
Further more additional claims had been made in 1976 that a site in New Hampshire, called Mystery Hill, was also grounds for Phoenician and Celtic coin finds and is still the site for a 2700 years old sacrificial altar. [10] There is a scientific consensus about the stone slab being used as a butcher block or altar but no proof of it being Punic or Phoenician.

Nice post, i hadnt heard of Rock Lake before and it now gives me another angle for my Phoenicians in the New World research.

Flagged and starred.

mojo

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Soothsayer:

YES! Let's try to coordinate an ATS Rock Lake adventure.

I have a couple of questions. First, what should we bring? And second, Are you a diver?
I could *possibly* have a friend of mine join us w/ professional camera equipment to document the event. Plus, I have an underwater metal detector that could come in handy (?).

I feel confident that I'll hear from the RLRS...of course, it would help if I contact them first

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just my .02$ but seems like the best time would be now and dive thru the ice the water would be calm and clear. As an ice fisherman I've seen lakes that you couldn't se 5 feet in the summer be 100 feet no problem in the winter. Seems like a remote camera and a nice warm shanty would be the ticket.

mikell

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You would think that the winter time would be the best, espeially with using submersibles; the author of Dragon in the Lake has access to one, and even used it, but it was late in the season, so everything was cloudy (the sediment layer was caught between thermals).

But yeah, I agree... why couldn't one be used now? Anybody in the know?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
In sporting goods stores they sell special cameras that you can maneuver from above the water line. They also sell small sonars that are used for fish finding that can scan the bottom topography. These can both be used through a hole in the ice or from a boat on water. They might come in handy.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Harbor Freight has underwater cameras we use all the time at work for 99$

www.harborfreight.com...

mikell

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wouldn't it make more sense to find out who's dived the lake and talk to them? I know a local diver. I'll ask him.

Tyranena has nothing to do with Tyre. Wisconsin was settled by a variety of Germanic types, which is the source of the name. In fact, the local brewery goes by the same name.

The only mystery here is still Aztalan. I've been there quite a few times and I usually leave with more questions than answers.

For future reference, anyone who knows divers also knows that they sometimes make little scenes with the garbage they find at the bottom of a lake. Green Lake has a little scene it in featuring all the bikes divers have found down there. Seems to be a popular lake to chuck unwanted bikes.

I'm not saying these rock mounds are the same thing. Just bear in mind that some odd formations can be explained by diver activity.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

What is it with people on this site? Is the idea that Native people are able to stack rocks so offensive to the collective psyche of ATS that every mysterious edifice in North America had to have been created by a mysterious and long-vanished group of white people?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Only when said native immortalize such mysterious white men in their paintings, legends and culture. Plus if I remember correctly there are also a series of stone sculptures which clearly show Negroid characteristics, which means that Black people would also have been involved in such prehistorical shindigs.
I can respect the native people just fine without attributing the construction of megalithic monuments to them, no matter how much they swear they built it.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by PrplHrt, Tyranena has nothing to do with Tyre.Wisconsin was settled by a variety of Germanic types, which is the source of the name.

Thanks for sorting that out. Sorry for noticing the similarity. So TYRANENA is a German name is it, can you tell these guy's because it seems there not so sure.

www.tyranena.com

The legend of Tyranena (pronounced Tie·rah·nee·nah) began long ago, in a time before history was written. Legend tells of a foreign tribe that built a series of stone structures and effigy mounds on the edge of a lake they called Tyranena.
Today, these structures lie preserved deep under the waters of Rock Lake. No one knows for sure who built them, the purposes they served, how and why they are now submerged, or even the meaning of the word Tyranena.

And a German dictionary has no translation for Tyranena.

www.iee.et.tu-dresden.de

Search results for -- Suchergebnisse für 'tyranena':

no translation found -- keine Übersetzung gefunden

english.germa n-dictionary.net

Nothing found for ``tyranena''
Please increase the number of errors and try again.

So thanks for your expert opinion and all the research you've obviously done to debunk that theory.

originally posted by TheWalkingFox What is it with people on this site? Is the idea that Native people are able to stack rocks so offensive to the collective psyche of ATS that every mysterious edifice in North America had to have been created by a mysterious and long-vanished group of white people?

No, not in the least, but why is it such a stretch to imagine that there were other cultures that may have visited the New World before the established view of modern scholars.
No one in this thread has said that native americans were incapable of building these structures merely offering alternative pov.
There is some fairly reasonable evidence for pre columbian trans atlantic contact from reputable scholars now.
If you would like to start a thread on it i would be willing to take up the challenge of offering up some of the evidence that i have come across, otherwise i would be taking this thread off topic.

mojo

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Your condescending attitude is unnecessary. I claim no expertise. I just happen to live here.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Actually you did claim expertise when you said, " which is the source of the name ".

Sorry i might have come across a bit strong in my response but please dont claim to know the answer if you havent researched it properly.

I dont mind my theory's being debunked as long as you provide the evidence, thats all.

mojo

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I live in Appleton, WI, and would really like to make it down to Rock Lake and Aztalan this year too.

I found this pretty interesting, but a bit of a stretch to say the least...

Strangely, both Aztalan's and Cahokia's inhabitants cleared out around 1200 AD. Some people still speculate that the Mississippians migrated south to become the Aztec population of Mexico. Readers Digest Mysteries of the Americas says, "The Aztec were latecomers to the Valley of Mexico, settling there in the 12th or 13th century AD, following a long and arduous migration from the north." Their new home was named Mexico-Tenochtitlan, "place of the Mexica and Tenochca," after the two populations who made the journey. Could the two factions have been the Aztalaners and Cahokians? Few anthropologists think so, but according to Schuler, some tribal members he's talked to believe it's true.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey I'm going to be writing a paper on this topic for my college english class, and have been going to rock lake every year since I was born. Over the past 18 or so years our family has heard numerous rumors about everything that lies below rock lake. all we really know is the walleye fishing in early june isnt all that stellar but you can get the big bass in the reeds. anywho a little off topic, every year we see diver after diver posting up out in front of our property about 50 yards off the shore. We always assume it's just random people looking for the pyramids. The most believable story that we've heard over the years however was that it is the tomb of a village that thrived in the valley many years ago and that it has only recently been flooded. please take note that recently refers to the past 800 years or so. Anyways I'm trying to look into all the theories and if there is any evidence of anything any help would be appreciated but this is a great start.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If your going to go this would be the time og the year to do it. The lakes frozen and you could camp out where you wanted to explore . Drill a hole and drop in a camera or rov and the water would be crystal clear.

mikell

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join