It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Watch This Video...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

What does being paid equally have to do with being treated equally? Why can you separate the two? If the doctors main concern was your health and not his paycheck (as it should be since he is a DOCTOR and they dont take that oath for nothing you know) then you would have no problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
where is everyone on this thread? I cant be the only one out there with an opinion....whats going on with you people.

If anyone deserves a high salary its police officers...you want to talk about equilibrium, HA!!! The MTA board members probably meet once a week to discuss issues and pass judgments and they get paid probably 100s of thousands a year....the officer that is shot at and spit on by people on the street because no one has respect for law enforcement today, gets paid 23k starting and has to wait 5 years for an increase. HAH!!! EQUILIBRIUM MY BEHIND!!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

This board is usually populated by people who will be likely to blame a credit card conspiracy instead of telling you to pay your bills, and you know that. Stop calling for help. Defend yourself, or stop making your arguments look worse and worse. Just stop. Getting people gang up on me won't change reality.

By the way, take a college class or to, or a read a book or three. You obviously have no idea what terms like punctuated equilibrium mean, its hilarious to see you respond to them. It shows you haven't the faintest idea of what your talking about.

I think you should retake that law class again, as you have been grossly misinformed. Contracts can and have been ruled valid even when the terms are not explicitly stated - its called the reasonable person test. Also, you DID have the terms and conditions on your contract. It was right there when you signed. If you believe that you have been so taken why do you not bring a court case? Because you know it would be thrown out in minutes. I want you to stop paying your credit cards, and tell the court that its not legally binding. Let me know what they say.

As for everything else, as always:

All I'm going to do is repeat what I've said: pay your debt. You agreed to it. You made a mistake, now you pay for it. Don't like it? Don't take out loans with terms you don't like. It's just that simple. Don't use other peoples money if you can't handle the costs. If you refuse to take the measures needed to pay off your debt, don't whine. Banks are not charity, and are not here to lend you a helping hand. Don't like being under greedy bank agreements? Don't take out loans that let them be greedy. Of course, you again presume this is greed, and have yet to explain to me why this is not CALLED RUNNING A BUSINESS. But then again, you think everything should exist to be warm and fuzzy and "cut you a break."

Oh, and for the record, if you think that there is any person in this world who is going to go through the training of being a doctor because they "care about health" and don't care about their salary at all - you are literally crazy. Test it - offer someone to care for you without paying them. Just tell them you know that they are concerned about your health, and of course they don't care about money.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Im just looking for another opinion...your "life is tough" attitude doesnt solve anything dont you see that? Its so defeating...do you really think that no one is being taken advantage of? We all are to a point....trust me, i know not everything is a so called "conspiracy" but certain things just arent right. I mean, if you know the system is flawed why wouldnt you want to fix it? You want us to walk away from it instead of trying to find common ground. I agree with you,.....i should get rid of my car, i should never go out to eat or buy new clothes or good food to cook. Then i would be out of debt real fast but arent i entitled to some "luxaries" if thats what you would call those things? If i got rid of my car i would have to take public transportation everywhere and by default i would never be on time because the public transportation system is not as efficient as it is supposed to be. I would also never see my parents because i live in long island and would take hours just to get on the other side of the island on a bus.....i would loose weight and not be able to exercise since the gym could possibly be considered a luxary when i just consider it an important part of my health. REally how much are we supposed to give up man? Why do we have to live in crap and substandard situations to get out of debt? I have a good job and i make the payments....lower my rate so i can have some financial freedom. Is that too much to ask my man? Sheesh....they got all they could get out of me and more, im just asking the bully to take his hand out of my pocket and give me a chance to survive in this so called "unfair" life. And again, im not asking for more than my share...i work 55 hours a week as i have said before, i pay taxes and i do charity work so can i get some kindness in return?
your answer is probably no right?

This was fun....hopefully something will change in the future. Thanks for the stimulation and by the way....there is no way in hell that i am a government agent hahahahah.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You are desperately looking for people to affirm your belief system. Your in luck, because you are in an environment where people are much more likely to comfort your victim mentality. But that you call out for them shows how weak your arguments really are.

By the way, stop lying about the MTA board members and there "outrageous salaries" - I took this as a fact, but it appears as though you are once again literally just making things up. I am not surprised.

I should really by now know that you have no facts what so ever and are literally lying to prove a point.

These are the qualifications for just one board member:

Ms. Frasca, an investment banker with over 30 years of Wall Street experience, is currently President of Frasca & Associates, LLC, a firm that provides financial advisory and strategic consulting services to transportation clients. Frasca & Associates currently serves as a financial advisor to Los Angeles World Airports, Miami International Airport, Baltimore Washington International and San Diego International Airport. As an advisor to the Port Authority, Frasca has developed the funding strategy for several JFK projects.

Previously, she worked in the Debt Markets Group at Merrill Lynch, where she managed a department of 25 bankers with a budget of $35 million. Before her time at Merrill Lynch, Ms. Frasca worked on the municipal bond trading desk at Dillon, Read & Co.

In addition to her work in the private sector, Ms. Frasca has had a distinguished career in public service. Following the September 11th terrorist attacks, she served as a strategic advisor to a special task force created by former Massachusetts Governor Jane Swift to evaluate management, security and financial practices at Logan International Airport. She also served as an advisor to the Transportation Cluster Initiative established by the State of Connecticut.

She also has a BA and MBA. In the private sector, this sort of experience would command a multi-million dollar salary. It would be more than appropriate that, if she lent this experience to government, she be paid at least a million dollars a year. Unfortunately for you, SHE GETS PAID NOTHING:

As a voting member on the MTA Board, Ms. Frasca will not receive a salary.

reply to post by GUICE2

Just more of the same. Once again:

All I'm going to do is repeat what I've said: pay your debt. You agreed to it. You made a mistake, now you pay for it. Don't like it? Don't take out loans with terms you don't like. It's just that simple. Don't use other peoples money if you can't handle the costs. If you refuse to take the measures needed to pay off your debt, don't whine. Banks are not charity, and are not here to lend you a helping hand. Don't like being under greedy bank agreements? Don't take out loans that let them be greedy. Of course, you again presume this is greed, and have yet to explain to me why this is not CALLED RUNNING A BUSINESS. But then again, you think everything should exist to be warm and fuzzy and "cut you a break."

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This isnt the case for all of them though is it?
Then my question is this....why are people like her voting members of the MTA, they dont need public transportation because they are already rich so what say should they have in a system that they probably do not use? We all should have a vote on the MTA board if you ask me because the fair hikes effect the little people more than the big ones....there is nothing fair about this. She doesnt represent our interests in this situation.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

More hit and run posting. When your lies are shown the light, you run and go to the next thing. Its comical.

You will never get a direct democracy, and the MTA is not a democracy. I certainly wouldn't want you voting on public transit infrastructure. Or me. Neither of us are qualified. And you also have no evidence that the board does not use public transit - they could very easily - most people in New York do.

None of the people on the board that vote are paid. You lied. You've been exposed. Your argument has completely fallen. It's over. Stop.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

When did i ever say that i know for a fact they get paid? I made an assumption like everyone does....if i was a journalist and it was my job to do full fledged investigations into these issues beyond what you hear in forums like this then i would have all the facts as well wouldnt i?
If you dont want to debate anymore than you stop....i made a mistake and now i know the facts or maybe i dont because it is very possible that the board members could retain some sort of compensation...dont you think that is a possibility?
Dude, you dont want to debate than stop answering me....maybe i will get other opinions on this issue than yours. And why wouldnt you want to vote on it? It affects you doesnt it? What if they started charging 10 bucks for one subway ride what would you say then?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

You don't want other opinions and you wouldn't get them in here, you want reaffirmation of your belief system. Your ignorance is showing, again. Voting on everything carries a cost, and that cost will be reflected IN THE AMOUNT YOU PAY TO RIDE. You want to vote on everything? Fine, lets set up the voting infrastructure and hire the employees to do it. Enjoy your $50 a day ride. But oh, you wanted to vote the cost down to $10 - I'm sorry - but you see, you have to pay for this voting system you just demanded. It's not free. Someone has to arrange the votes, record the votes, count the votes, and inform you of the results.

And by the way, once you vote the fare down to $1 what will you do when the subway begins to fall apart because your not paying enough money to maintain it? What will you do when the tunnels begin to flood, the rails stop working? After all, YOU VOTED to pay cheap fares! I guess you'd blame that on government too. More victim mentality from you - what a surprise.

ENOUGH!

This is not a debate, this is you with your preconceptions of the world refusing to acknowledge reality. You base an entire argument upon a lie, and it never occurs to you to check the facts. That is because you do not care about the facts, you care about pushing your victim mentality to the front.

It is quite obvious now that you feel the overwhelming need to "be right." Part of that, for you seems to be getting the last word. Go ahead, go for it! I want you to reply and get that last word in, make yourself feel you are right. This entire thread has shown anyone who cares to read what is really going on: you refuse to acknowledge reality, and instead prefer to stick to insults and a victim mentality. You lie to make up points, and when your lies are exposed you claim ignorance.

I no longer have to respond to you, because your house of cards has fallen. It's proof enough for everyone to see. Enjoy getting the last word and satisfying that overwhelming urge you have to be right.
Ignored.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Question though...these "facts" you are referring to. Where did you find them? the internet? A book? Did you call the MTA and ask them? Im actually going to do that right now and i will get back to you because i find it interesting that there are people voting on civil issues that have not been elected but appointed if that is the exact case. Im not claming ignorance, in fact i stated that i made an assumption and it was wrong, duh. The people who read this thread will see how mean you are......meany.

PS
I dont care about being right because i was never trying to prove you wrong...you spent the entire thread trying to prove me wrong and didnt understand a damn thing i said. I want someone else with an adverse opinion so i can come to some sort of conclusion other than "life is cruel".
You just defeat all hope when you say that and thats the last thing we need.

Nevertheless you will still be invited the the ATS conventions for Citizens Banding Together for the Betterment of the Human Race, so hopefull i will see you there and we can discuss further.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Light.......If there is no banking conspiracy explain THE DOTTED LINE under your name on a mortgage or other loans application.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the b rain

What is that supposed to mean? Im intrigued by your question but isnt a dotted line just a dotted line? What hidden meanings could it have? He definately ignored this thread though because of me so sorry if he doesnt answer

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
And why your name appers in CAPITAL LETTERS in loans docs.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is chess Guice let light reply

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Hahahaha...good point my friend. Did you read the rest of the thread? The guy was abusing me ahahahaha. It hurt a little at some points.
Again though, i dont think he can see these posts beacause he ignored the thread...or can he just ignore me and not the thread? I dont know how that works...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have been watching this forum all week. I applaud Jacks composure. It is important to remain open minded. I stated earlier in the thread that I would love to see a solution to the nations economic woes but the evidence of controlled secretive banking practices working in opposition to any possible solution is too obvious to ignore. Any time real change has been attempted the results have been fatal. Literally. But lets get an answer to the reason for names on loans in All Capitals.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thats funny because according to Light there is no evidence to any secret agenda because people are just idiots and have no personal responsibility when it comes to debt.
I do hope he comes back because honestly i dont have a background in economics i was just voicing an opinion and speaking from personal experience so maybe you can shed some light onto Light and give him some actualy "proof" that we was asking for from me.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You have been on twice since I posted The question about Why names on Loans contracts with banks is in CAPITAL LETTERS I assume you need time to look it up. I can wait.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

O....i was waiting for him to respond. Didnt know it was up to me. Owell....i will try but im leaving to go hjome soon but i will see if i can get something.
The suspense is killing me

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
no not you Guice. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join