It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smack9

I don't know if you are talking about the images I posted (your answer is to a post by Phage), but if you are, you can see many images (9431 at this moment, they add more each Wednesday) here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
about whoever said "I wish that pic wasn't skewed"

well i was to get the skewed box highlighting the leveled out formations so that it is a more apparent rectangle using some high resolution image processing that I use for my company.

There is no loss of quality, i just dont have a way of hosting it.

if someone wants the pic to post it up here just email me [email protected] and ill shoot it ur way

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
on a second thought...

thecrit.com...

holy #

check it out

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nmrecording

awsome artical, dunno about the tree's on mars tho, god i just wish i new

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nmrecording

WOOD! did i miss something ?

Both of the Viking Orbiters filmed vast forests on Mars, though no subsequent probe to the Red Planet has shot a single frame of film showing a tree. This was by design. The Viking photographs show more than just a few trees but rather thousands upon thousand of them. These trees appear to be much larger than Earth trees, having a leaf and branch system that is unique to Mars. The foliage spans much wider than a similar plants on Earth do, rising to who knows what heights. The spacing between them could be the result of the dying Martian atmosphere. Dense forests more than likely filled large areas of Mars back in the days when it had a breathable environment. There were undoubtedly several species of trees, and different varieties of underbrush, which are now extinct.

frozen lake ?

The lake, although frozen, Mars having a mean surface temperature of -46 degrees C, must contain more than just water. There has to be some amebas and other single celled organisms in these waters. There are most likely fossils of Martian fish and perhaps even Martian animals. On Earth, old lake beds are a prime location in which to find dinosaur fossils. Why would Mars be any different?

your article is awsome!!! great find

[edit on 9-9-2009 by pitchdragon]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

No subsequent probes have shots of trees because there aren't any.
Here is what a progressive zoom of the "trees" shows.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b39be846bf2e1182.jpg[/atsimg]
Terrain, not trees.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

maybe i m fully blind but the picture you show and the picture i see on the site are niot the same and what explanation you have for the peace of wood i realy want know is fascinating

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/343c898ee10d.jpg[/atsimg]

are different no ?

there is shadow and ground and big tree do you think the picture are fake or it's just an illusion ?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by pitchdragon]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Those are not shadows. They are dust plumes from CO2 geysers. They also appear in the image I showed but going in the opposite direction.
themis.asu.edu...

The "wood" is not wood, it is a piece of layered stone, similar to many in the area. Discussed many, many times.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thank you dear for all your answer it take me a littel time to read all the others topics

by the way what do you think about all that ? seriously there something i dont understand why is it impossible ? do we have or not all the material to say life was possible in mars ? it remind me the story of Ludwig Boltzmann who claimed that all things are made with atom's he was ridiculise and he kill himself ,one years later a man called Albert Einsteine proof that Boltzmann was right... i tell this littel story just to say i hope one day we will find ... i can not imagine this all univers just for us, it's scaring no ? all alone !

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

There are not many who say that it is impossible for there to be life on Mars. I don't, but those are not trees.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I studied this and other photos taken by the Mar Express. Go on to the ESA website and enlarge all the photos you want....only the Hale Crater has these shapes or patterns. The same camera for all the shots...and no sign of Ruppert the bears pants on any of them...except Hale Crater....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Toppersecret

And did you noticed that this is the only photo with so few shades of grey on the original images from the colour channels?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

any chance it could be some kind of fungal growth?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The first four pictures, I really can't see anything with all the legos in the way.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hi, interesting thread...just a quick comment.

The patterns in Hale crater are quite a puzzle. How come that these structures stay the same under different angles? I am referring to two ESA shots one nadir, the other rather sideways to the central Hale mountains.

The "building" blocks/structures are individually identifiable in both pictures and appear in a different perspective *as they should* given the altered point of view perspectively - this goes down to even very fine details.

Then there is the aspect of correct shading, also the following of geology. Then the logic in the outlay of the "city"...quite a few structures make sense, there seem to be i.e. two rivers coming from the slopes of central mountainrange and there seem to be large "bridges" crossing these streams - of course in the right perspective.

I have seen the recolored example pic from this thread, the greenish one, impressive, i converted to bw, contrast etc. - impressive, but still far from the detail&logic of the actual esa hale pics in question.

As an Idea i had for some time: Apart from all this & opinionated arguments - it should be possible to establish mathematical rules for the appearance of such structures by random chance of artefacts.
In other words: How often do perfectly shaded structures appear in a given recoloration and are also accountable to different angles pov`s.
I guess the result will come with an awful lot of leading zeroes...

But then we don`t know what the exact processes at esa were - so what is this anyways - an elaborate esa hoax?
cheers
mike

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TVC15
The patterns in Hale crater are quite a puzzle. How come that these structures stay the same under different angles? I am referring to two ESA shots one nadir, the other rather sideways to the central Hale mountains.

The "building" blocks/structures are individually identifiable in both pictures and appear in a different perspective *as they should* given the altered point of view perspectively - this goes down to even very fine details.

Because both angles are showing the same 3D model with the same compressed texture. It'd not a photograph you are looking at, but a textured 3D model.

But then we don`t know what the exact processes at esa were - so what is this anyways - an elaborate esa hoax?

I wrote a pretty detailed description of the process from photo to internetfile in this very thread.

The sad issue here, is that people are debating a 3D mesh textured with a lossy compressed texture.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Uniceft17
The only thing that it closely resembles to me is being in an airplane looking down over farmland, do you know how high up this pic was taking?

These images were taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft from an altitude of approx 273 Km.

that's approx 163 miles up...you cannot make out any buildings at that height even on earth...try google earth. nada, none.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, the max resolution of the HRSC is 10 x 10 meter at 250 Kilometer distance that`s with the 175mm f/5.6 Apo Tessar optics in the stereo color scanner.
The HRSC also employs in the super resolution channel (SRC) a Maksutov Cassegrain telescope with 975mm focal length and Aperture f/9.2 with a max Resolution of 2,3 x 2,35 meters at in Fact 250 Kilometers Distance.

Also You have to take the atmospheric conditions of Mars into account - the "Seeing" is just way better (up or down) than on earth.

Again i am in a hurry sorry, there`s much more..laters & keep it up.

[edit on 11/11/09 by TVC15]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi:

(google traslator)

I wonder do you think ...

I see things ...

www.interadtiva.com...

I was watching pictures of Mars and found this ....
Images from the European Space Agency:

"The vertical"

"Angled"

The view (of the image "angular"):

The bridge and the obelisk from "the 2 perspectives":
(This first image is the forum gigs, only agree with the Bridge and Obelisk ...)

From the "angular"

"Vertically"

The "bridge" shows that the structure is straight .... and that crosses a gap ... (not easy to mark the depths of the different valleys .... but appear to cross one: panoramic view) ..

Both are clearly the bridge and Obelisk .... until I see the shadows ...
In the vertical, north of the obelisk see "one column" very high .....

And concidiendo with the second column of the sketch (from the left and half up), I see a pillar with his arms enn V. ...

Via-duct ... (the plot of the pixels ..)

At first I thought it was land strata .... But until he saw the trickle ...

Do you see the "Chorito" of water at the end?

The Crater 1 and 2

Crater 1, I see it ".. and in urbanized vii clearly a hexagon with two of his" vertices "," in and out "of a" hollow "mountain ..."!!!!!! !

You see?

.. do not see it ...

Crater 4:

This, depending on the perspective and format of the photo looks a different thing ....
Plaza de Toros, skyscrapers ... to taste.

This, from vertical, and in JPG, looked "like a skyscraper ".....

(down to 19H)

TIF format the same ... (not clear to me that the "problem" is not of formats and resolutions ...)

This is also the bridge and Obelisk aprcian ....

In the next image, between the crater 3 and 5, "at the feet of 5" I see a structure that a two rocks ...... and in 5 sinuous forms ...." "...

In sigiente see a clector .. and finally .. the buhito ...

[edit on 15-11-2009 by rhdpre]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by rhdpre]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rhdpre

It would help if you could identify the ESA images, so anyone can look for them or for better resolution versions.

As usual, I don't see the things you see, although I understand why you see them.

Anyway, welcome to ATS.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join