It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Take a look at these images of the Hale Crate on Mars taken by Mars Express and sourced from ESA.

If you look carefully, you would probably notice the clear geometric shapes. Squares, rectangles, circles and diamond shaped structures. Can these be the result of natural geological formations, manifestations of volcanic activity, adverse pixilation effects on the images or are they artificial constructs? The resolution of these images is quite poor, and thus difficult to identify. But I think it looks suspiciously like the image of a Martian city!

Anyway, what do you suppose these geometric shapes could be?

137-021104-0533-6-3d2-01-HaleCrater.
All images reproduced and enhanced with the permission of JP Skipper.
Mars Anomaly Research.

Cheers!

[edit on 8-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Mike,

That's a very cool pic. If it's pixelization, it sure is attractive.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The only thing that it closely resembles to me is being in an airplane looking down over farmland, do you know how high up this pic was taking?

I'm guessing more of somekind of pixelation/anomaly.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
The only thing that it closely resembles to me is being in an airplane looking down over farmland, do you know how high up this pic was taking?

These images were taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft from an altitude of approx 273 Km.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Any link to the full resolution pictures, maybe ?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I know I know!!
It's water spurts. No, wait, it's shadows; no wait, it's...

As far as i am concerned, it is very interesting and i would venture to say that it isn't natural at all (obviously). I would be interested to know that's for sure.

Thanks mikesingh.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
With a little willingness, some of the terrain looks cultivated.
I tried to find some photos where terrain appears terraced natuarally, but will have to look further.

Until then this is what my eyes spies a place or two in the images:

Ofcourse without the water... (or who knows ;P)

or

On the 3rd image there's a spot that my eyes immediately interprit as a certain structur:

[edit on 8/11/07 by flice]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Very interesting! That can only be 2 things!
Non natural form of structures, or some form of problem with pixels in the picture. If its not these then I have no idea.

These are definitely interesting because of the fact these objects have certain patterns that appear to be created by someone.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Mike, a star and a flag for you.
What i see here looks really interesting.Now i'll try to get some original pics from somewhere.

Edit to add:
this should be the original pic:
esamultimedia.esa.int...

[edit on 8/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
this is so cool......

i don't see how anyone could mistake this for simple natural formations....

too much patterns and such......even those earth formations shown above, need water of some sort to make the pattern. If there's no water on mars......then....?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Nice pics, flice. That was on Earth! Now check this one out on Mars...

Mars Global Surveyor
Courtesy: NASA

Looks like contour farming, what?

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
this should be the original pic:
esamultimedia.esa.int...

Michele, you hit the nail on the head!!

Here's more.... sci.esa.int...

Cheers!

[edit on 8-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wow amazing picture, your pretty good at finding these.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

It almost looks like a rendering rather than a photo :S
But I checked the photos on ESA myself and I guess thats just the way they appear.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the Project Red Star? It kind of has pictures like this and explains it in details.

Nice pictures everyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I usually hate when people post blurish photos and claim to have find "cities" or "structures", but I must admit, these look pretty interesting and there are some obvious square-like shapes. So yes, I say there might be some evidence of artificial structures there. It would be interesting to see hi res pictures of the region.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'd say more than interesting and go as far as to say as definite structures and without a doubt some intelligent cultivated land.

Good find.

When are we going to have the technology so we can see things clearer on moon and mars?

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I hate top brake it to you, but this is just JPEG compression lines. NOTHING else ...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

I hate to BREAK it to you, but there is NO WAY that is anything having to do with compressions..nonsense. It is a large field of structures obviously man made ( or alien made ). Making a sweeping statement like that is foolish given the lack of evidence of such..be careful when assuming.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Ok, I had to giggle a little. You do realise the irony in saying, "Hey, how dare you say this is only JPEG compression with no evidence" and then say, "It's clearly man made structures" having no evidence yourself?

I agree that they're interesting photos. However, if they're simply an enlargement of the picture that was linked above, then it could very likely be compression artifacts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join