It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
jpeg compression does not turn in the camera lens, as the Hale crater images do. If you go to the ESA site to download more than one photo, you will see the crater image taken at a different angle, and at different times. The "artifacts" have stayed motionless, following the contours of the crater floor, regardless of angle. Jpeg compression is random and would appear so on two different prints. I have worked 20 years in desktop pre-press and have not seen anything of that degree in my photos.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That's interesting! Can you elucidate further?

Here's another strange formation....Looks like the ruins of a long gone civilization! Imagination? But that's just me!

MOC narrow-angle image SP2-54006

Cheers!

www.msss.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

JPEG compression is random? That is a totally false and incorrect statement.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been debated before and was put down to compression! Why are you going over old familiar ground?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Nookster
I don't know but I suspect it has something to do with your enhancement, because when I download the image from the esa website, I don't see anything like it.

Well, it wasn't my enhancement! It was Joseph Skipper's of Mars Anomaly Research. He's done a fairly good job of it by peeling off the layers to see what's under! I just complemented the effort!

You'd not find this stuff on any of the images from NASA or ESA who prefer the usual 'cover up' pics to be displayed publicly. This image could have been tampered by them before putting it into a public forum.

However, if you look carefully at this original ESA image, you'll notice strange squares/triangles/steps etc. All you've got to do is increase contrast and lower brightness in PS. Presto! You've got your 'city'!!

Cheers!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by mikesingh]

nookster is right. there is no city on the original fotos. its all artifacts, that has been discussed..
or just Disssssssinfofun ? ..

BELIEVE .
cheers

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

It's your imagination, the question is "is it too much imagination or not enough?"

Considering that the whole are has that type of features, I think it is a terrain characteristic.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Considering that the whole are has that type of features, I think it is a terrain characteristic.

Yeah, I thought so too!
But when one sees squares, triangles and other geometric shapes, imagination tends to run wild! I wonder if someone can provide pics of similar naturally formed geometric features on Earth?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

........................ I wonder if someone can provide pics of similar naturally formed geometric features on Earth?

Cheers!

Mike, I think this might be what you're lookin for...

photo credit: Keith Laney/Hidden Mission

[edit on 23-9-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Hi spike! What's with your avatar? Shiverrrr...!!!

That image you posted above is fascinating!
It seems to be the same area I posted, what?
It does look like the remnants of a long gone civilization! But of course, ArMaP insists it's nothing but natural geological features! May be, maybe not!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Ahh, good ol Frank, he's good for parties and of course... Halloween - tis the season...

I have to agree with ya Mike. To me it looks like ruins of old foundations and such. As for Armap, I say we get a rocket and a shovel and take him on a digging party. I'll bring the beer!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
To show better what I mean, here is that area, taken from the original IMG file and converted with ISIS (I finally have it working on my computer) to a PNG file. After this it was resized to 185% (to keep it under the 600 pixels limit ATS uses).

These are from other areas on the same photo, showing what I think is the same type of feature, only smaller.

PS: as my health doest not permit me to make physically demanding work I can only go on that digging expedition as an observer, but don't worry, I don't like beer.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap, can you come up with some dimensions for the features in those images?
(I know you can)

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here you have some measurements, I hope this helps.

The way I made the image made it impossible to resize it, but if you want it in the same size as the one in my previous post just say.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

..... as my health doest not permit me to make physically demanding work I can only go on that digging expedition as an observer, but don't worry, I don't like beer.

No worries Armap, it's all about hanging out. Like I always say, you dont have to drink to have a good time. If you can't dig, no biggie. We can all sit around and look into the sky and stare at earth for once

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
As for Armap, I say we get a rocket and a shovel and take him on a digging party. I'll bring the beer!

Too late! He's already been booked on a flight on Zorgon's tin-can to the Moon's far side!
By the time he comes back he'll probably resemble my avatar!
But that's the idea, what?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
By the time he comes back he'll probably resemble my avatar!
I will probably resemble your avatar before catching that flight...

PS: aren't we going too off-topic?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
well think that if there is cultivated land and unatural stuctures that the government knows about it but covers it up..they know everything..they just give us little bits of information at a time dangling it infront of our face to entertain us and make money. the government has technology we will be using decades from now but they give us little bits..more money that way right? its all a plan

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here's more...

MOC Image m2201366
Courtesy: NASA

Highlighted...

Cheers!

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
jpeg compression does not turn in the camera lens, as the Hale crater images do. If you go to the ESA site to download more than one photo, you will see the crater image taken at a different angle, and at different times. The "artifacts" have stayed motionless, following the contours of the crater floor, regardless of angle.

Haven't you read the thread?

The ESA images are not photos, but computer images formed by stretching a Jpeg image(texture) over a 3D terrain. The result is then positioned at different angles and the image is saved.

Jpeg compression is random and would appear so on two different prints. I have worked 20 years in desktop pre-press and have not seen anything of that degree in my photos.

If you had 2 different photos of the same area from different angles, the artifacts would not be similar. However these are not photos.

If you read the thread, you can see that the process of creation of the ESA data was described, from camera to transmission to post processing.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join