It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Angels!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In the Last Days:

(Paraphrasing)

*Let those who are righteous, continue to be righteous...Let those who are evil...continue to be evil."

How do you think these words were meant by our LORD?

[Paraphrasing]

"In the end days, miracles will not be given unto the evil people."

The Gospel of St. James

[Paraphrasing]

"The Lord said unto him...the crown of life...will be unto him, who keeps his faith...unto the last

Brothers and Sisters, what are your thoughts about what I posted above?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Holy is the Lord....

[edit on 5-10-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

James 1:11For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away. 12Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

I always think of the above verses combined with these

Revelations 4:10the twenty-four elders will fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11"Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your Will they existed, and were created."

John 12:25"He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. 26"If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

For as life was the gift of creation, our giving our lives into the hands of the Lord, all his means, all his ways, and his teachings, is the one gift we can offer, and he returns the gift through love.

"HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME."

Cast down the ring of power, the worldly wealth of the lie, put your trust and faith in the one who always was and will be, for he is the Lord of all, and who I wish to humbly serve.

" HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME."

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

James:

12Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

One of my more favorite quotes from the Gospels!

My heart...so lowly as can be.
Cries out to you, my Lord.
Replenished in your sovereign....Word.
I know not of Your grace...I've heard...
My soul schools from thy billowing word
It flowers forth from whence ye see.
~Ducky~

[edit on 6-10-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My heart...so lowly as can be.
Cries out to you, my Lord.
Replenished in your sovereign....Word.
I know not of Your grace...I've heard...
My soul schools from thy billowing word
It flowers forth from whence ye see.

~Ducky~

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I would like to share a story of faith that I experienced with my mother. Mom wasn't a bad woman, but I can say she wasn't a saint, and never let her inner feelings be revieled. Love didn't flow from her, verbally or physically, but somehow we knew she loved us and that there were deep sectrets deep behind her thick fasade.

Mom developed the dreaded Alzhiemers, and I was her caregiver. As her mind deteriorated, she became child like, and the layers that protected her secrets began to melt along with her mind. She became extremely loving to us all, and it was such a joy to see and hold the Mom I had always longed for.

Mom never denounced God, or Jesus, but was in no way verbal about having a faith of really any kind. My Dad and I did, and my Mom and siblings scoffed at us. That is just the way it was.

During the last year of her life, as she became more and more vulnerable, she began to unlock and show the faith she had deep in her heart. I had a large picture of the Last Supper over my dining table. She would smile at it and point to Jesus and say "Good Man, Mama". (She called me MAMA in the last monthes) She hugged us and kissed us more in the last 6 months of her life than she had in all the years of our lives prior. It was an amazing thing to witness. I worked hard taking care of her, but it was the best two years of my life. It was a blessing to finally get to know her.

Fortunately, Mom was ambulatory up to the last ten days of her life. And in those last ten days, my work load was almost nill compared to the years prior. I sat at her bed side, and talked about the old times and read her the bible. She was non verbal at the time, but she was at peace and I could see joy and happiness in her hazel eyes. I too was at peace. I knew I was going to lose my Mom, but I had come to terms with all the old baggage, and I was so thankful that I had been blessed to finally get to know the loving, kind, soft and wonderful person that had been hidden my whole life.

I need to clarify that she was not a mean or violent or abusive mother. She just was incapable of showing her love for her children, husband, or anyone for that matter.

During that period, so many angels came into our lives. Of course there were doctors and nurses. But angels came out of the wood work to help see us through that trying period. My youngest son was very involved in soccer back then, and the soccer family were an army of angels that appeared as support and assistance for me. I could write volumes about all the episodes we had together.

I wanted to share one particular story with you as my contribution to this thread, and to get back to the purity of this thread.

There is a particular lovely family of devoted faith. They are immigrants from Mexico and had two boys. The eldest was my sons age, and the baby was a newborn. The newborns name is Maguel. Miguel is now a young man with numerous disabilities. Anyway when he was a baby, Mom of course loved him and spent every minute we were at soccer practice, or games interacting with Miguel.

Miguel was nine monthes old the night my Mom dies. That night, Mom passed away with my sons and myself at her bedside at home. We had just finished reading the 23rd Psalm, I held her head in my arms, my sons were each holding a hand. As she exhaled her last breath, I could physical feel the peace in the room, and it was as though I could feel her spirt leave her body. It was indiscrbable, I know that it was real, and it only reenforced my beliefs in the Holy Trinity, and my faith as a Christian. I know it is weird to say, but it truly was a pivital time in my life, and probably the most precious as well.

Back to Miguel. The next day life had to go forward, and I had to inform all of our soccer friends. So off to practice we went. As we arrived, Miguels Mom met us at our car. She knew that Mom was gone. Miguel had cryed unconsolable exactly the moment she passed

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Very moving and inspirational!!!!

It is just because of real life stories like yours that I really appreciate this thread...

Thank you so much for sharing.......

Semper

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have to tell you what happened to me a few years ago.

It concerns one of the apartment places where I lived.

Scenerio:

(My 'former agnostic husband' can attest to this.) He is now Spiritual like me.

Late in the fall; nights such as this, there were honking sounds of Canadian geese flying throughout the day and evening.

I walked out to my balcony and started pondering. Thinking how beautiful life is; amidst all the shortcomings that we all have.

I stood there with a sense of 'awe', revelling in the wonderous colors of the sunset's evening.

It was then, that I spoke out:

"Lord, if your'e there, if you exist, give me a sign."

I went as far as to say: "If you're truly there, send one of your geese down."

I watched the scenery before me for a few minutes, saw the geese fly around. Not thiniking anything in particular....I walked back in from my balcony.

Within a few seconds from when I went into my apartment, I heard a 'noise' coming from my balcony.

The first thing I thought was:"Damn...the kids upstairs are causing mischief again!!!!

I went back out to my balcony to see what the ruccus was all about, and what did I find?

A Canada goose sitting on my balcony.

I looked up to see the flock cirlcling/wheeling around my apartment.

I looked the goose up and down, wondering why io the hell is this thing on my balcony.

It stared at me...fluttered its wings, then rushed off to join its members in the sky.

There are a few people I've told this story to. I kept it to myself for a long time.

Now YOU of ATS can read it.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Very late here.

Going to la la land now.

I welcome any and ALL opinions to what I have just posted to you.

Sweet dreams.

Love,

~Ducky~

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
In the Last Days:

(Paraphrasing)

*Let those who are righteous, continue to be righteous...Let those who are evil...continue to be evil."

How do you think these words were meant by our LORD?

Excellent point to ponder, Duckster!

Personally, what I get from that is that we should be true - even when we are not what we would like to be or perhaps should be, we should be honest about it. We should be ourselves. Change comes from the inside and is self-apparent.

Many people get an idea from reading scripture that it is all about good vs. bad or good vs. evil but I've always found a far stronger message about truth from Genesis to Revelation...in the words of the LORD in the OT and in the words of Jesus later on.

When I was small and still going to Christian church with my mom, the one thing that impressed more than anything else was that I did NOT want to be a hypocrite. Even at a very young age it was very imperative to me to please Jesus and he seemed to despise only one thing which was hypocrisy.

Integrity is truth manifested. Essentially the act of living and being truth - as far as possible; for all humans it is a constant struggle but once the tendency to self-deceive is recognized, it does become easier.

And so I feel that the opposite of integrity is hypocrisy - and when one deludes one's self about personal truths, it is darn near impossible to work on those things which merit conscious attempts at improvement.

That's the primary function of GOD's forgiveness toward us, too. I don't think it is something which we require of him but rather what he requires of us - we must accept ourselves as he does. Only then can we face ourselves, and him, in our own reflection each and every day when we look into the mirror.

Life isn't about being perfect but rather about learning and growing. Mistakes aren't tragedies or things to be denied or swept under the rug - they are golden opportunities for spiritual growth.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Morals to live-by

STEADFASTNESS

It is much better to GIVE than 'recieve'.

I believe in that concept wholeheartedly.

For as the many times that we all feel on giving up, we should take solace in the fact that OUR LORD never gave up on us.

How many of us have 'trudged through our life-journeys' feeling helpless?

HE has given so much more than we could possibly receive in return.

Should we strive to 'be much better than we are', and face everyday circumstances to the best of our abilitites...know that there is ONE who has faced 'blameless shame' amongst us mere mortals, and we should strive also, to follow in these untimely footsteps.

HE GAVE...so that we can give selflessly to one another...and follow his footsteps to righteousness.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by TheDuckster]

[edit on 16-11-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Excellent point ducky, I agree.

I said something in one of kinglizards threads the other day which I will repost here cause I think it's important.

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Kinglizard, good question to ask, it is one that I have grappled with many times also.

I basically had the same feelings as you that if i keep praying for the same thing over and over, it must seem like I have no faith. This is absolutely not true.

Let me show you an important parable Jesus taught that helped me put an end to this debate. it come from Luke:18. I hope it helps you see that persistence in prayer pays off.

The Parable of the Persistent Widow
1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'

4 "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "

6 And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

edit: Link to the thread: Praying in Faith (Christians)

[edit on 16-11-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
YOU are understanding the parabels. (I should have gotten you into the 'Hidden messages' thread - long ago)

This is probably why I haven't seen you post alot in the last while.

Humble - indeed.

Very proud of you hon.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Thanks ducky.

Truth is I haven't been able to post as much ever since school started, I've been real busy but i still try to read the threads everyday.

I will probably be posting more now that we're almost on Christmas break. Woo Hoo!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I've talked with you before.

Don't be over-whelmed with the many thoughts of mankind. For as many can strip your knowledge with a few bursts of 'knowing', know that each 'knowing' will be tested amongst others of your brethren.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I could personally use a triple black belt, six sigma looking out for me exclusively. If you be out there I am here. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The Duckster, a video made in 2005

[edit on 27-11-2007 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The call has been put out.

Calling All Angels

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Let us come together, with heart in hand, with civiliity and decorum....knowing what must be true...and spread HIS word

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join