It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Angels!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Support, Empathy, Compassion...everything good under the sun.

ALL ARE WELCOME...

**NOTE:
This thread was created to be a 'safe haven' for Believers. I personally believe that 'everyone' has a right to believe in what they choose, yet, I established this thread for the sole purpose of 'Sharing Beliefs'. I do NOT WANT this thread to be derailed for the purpose of 'NITPICKING' of any sorts. Free speech is one thing...let's keep the civility of this thread on topic.

"Let me know you earthbound angels are here!"

**Let's gather here for support.**

**Let's make this a place where we can strengthen each other.**

**Let this be a thread where we can freely exchange Spiritual ideas without feelings of repression, biases, indifferences, and intolerances.**

LET SPIRITUALITY REIGN!

I thought it to be very appropriate to include this video:

[edit on 22-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well I don't know if I am an Angel, but I am definitely a believer..

The year was 1997, I was at a Christian Conference Called "Promise Keepers" having gone there with some friends...

While there the Holy Spirit entered me and dropping to my knees (That was a big deal for me) I devoted the rest of my life to Christ and I have never looked back

My past was such that I could never have seen this coming..
USMC STA Plat
COP
SWAT
Martial Arts

I was all about how strong and independent I was...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How little I knew then...

With the power of the Lord and the Blessings of Jesus Christ in me now, I am FAR more than I ever was before

Just a note Duckster

THANK YOU for starting this thread where we can all get together...

Sometimes with our busy days, we can forget how important it is to testify and "Sharpen" each other daily...

With that said, if there are any that read this and unsure of anything in their lives that maybe I can help with, PLEASE U2U me...

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There is Absolutely nothing wrong with us! It is VERY cool to believe and humble ourselves to 'that which cannot be explained'.

We are like everyone else except for these exceptions:

We are believers - We believe there is more to this world than what science can portray to us.

*We are believers because: we didn't succumb to more than what the logical brain portrays before us*

*We are believers because there IS more than what the logical brain can EVER portray before us*

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Semper?

It is sooooo good to hear people 'witness!'!!

Didn't Christ say: (paraphrasing)

If you are ashamed to speak of me, I will be ashamed to speak of YOU before our Father?

Believers shouldn't feel the need to be 'forced underground' with their feelings.

This thread is for ALL those that are spiritual.

I love what you said:

"Sometimes with our busy days, we can forget how important it is to testify and "Sharpen" each other daily... "

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Cool story Semper.

I am also a Christian, though I don't think I have ever "felt the spirit" like some other believers out there. Their experience kinda makes me jealous.

I will always believe in Jesus until I die.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Humble?

This thread is your home. I've wanted to create this for a longggggggggg time...

Any time you want to speak your mind, know that I'm keeping this thread Alive for YOU and everyone else who 'believes.'

You don't have to be scared anymore. This thread is a symbol to all believers Remember what we talked about?

Ducky took a stand

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Yeah thanks ducky. it's about time we got a "theist" thread. Only fair since the atheists have their own thread to talk about "atheistic ideas.

Might I request that this thread not be turned into a belief vs. no-belief debate. It should be used for believers to share spiritual ideas, experiences etc. IMO.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I want it known:
I'm not trying to 'rival' the atheits threads at all.

No sireeeee

I saw a need for a believer's thread for a longggggggg time.

A 'safe haven' where we can all gather under one roof, without feeling repressed. Humble, remember what I talked with you about?

If I have any breath in me, I'll defend this thread to no ends.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yeah I see what you're saying.

So i have an important question for anyone who wants to answer. According to the bible, do you think sex before marriage is immoral? Does it ever say that it is immoral?

I know the part where Jesus says If you look at a women with lust you have already committed adultery with her in your heart. Does that only apply to married men only or single men also?

the reason I'm so concerned is because this is like one of the toughest commandments to keep IMO.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thank you for creating this thread. It truely feels warm here.

If it were not for my Faith in God I would be in fear of the coming times.

He has helped me through some very hard times and saved my life many times.

Faith, hope and love sustain me.

To God be the glory.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
'Sex before marriage'

Hmm...Always a great ice-breaker in convo's!! lolool

Humble?

Can you bring up a 'verse' or two, and we ALL should discuss this.

Post the verse in here and tell us YOUR take on it.

Let's put our cards on the table.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

All right give me a second.

Gotta use my handy dandy BibleGateway.com

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

dizziedame!

Thankyou for joining us!

Remember St. Paul's words: (paraphrasing) "The crown of life will be given unto those who keep the faith...unto the end"

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This thread is WONDERFUL because...

"Proverbs 27"

"17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Aw darn. i can't believe I forgot where that passage is at ducky. If anyone finds it please post it.

Well i got to get going soon. I will leave you all with a passage i enjoy from the book of Luke, ch. 18.

The Parable of the Persistent Widow
1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'

4 "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "

6 And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Remember brothers and sisters, don't ever give up praying even when things seem hopeless.

See you all tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
humble...the scriptures most assuredly testify against pre-marrital sex

Now HOW do we apply these same scriptures to todays standards?

Wow...tough question.

Not in biblical standards - the point was clearly given.

No sex before marriage

I think, that people of today are 'justifying' sex before marriage, in many reasons.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

See that's what I was wondering cause I though most of it applied to married couples, but you are probably right. My views are probably a bit skewed cause of the modern society we live in. :shk:

To apply that to todays standards as you say, is extremely tough. it can be done though.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sex before Marriage

I am NO expert so let's make that clear from the start...

For me at least, when in doubt I go to the source..

Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. [9] But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Source: 1 Corinthians 7: 1-9. New International Version.

Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. [14] Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Source: Romans 13:13-14. New International Version.

Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." [17] But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. [18] Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
Source: 1 Corinthians 6: 12-20. New International Version.

It is God's will that you should be sanctified: [4] that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, [5] not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;
Source: 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5. New International Version.

Jesus said, "You have heard that is was said of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
Source: Matthew 5: 27-28. New International Version.

Hope all that helps

Remember!!!!!!

The Lord knows you are not perfect... If you have accepted Jesus as your savior, you are forgiven....

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

EXACTLY Semper!!!

Semper? Tell me what your nickname means again?

I remember seeing you posting in another thread RE:nicknames and avatars.

'Fortis' means strong...right?

"Semper' means ?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

"To apply to todays standards is freakin tough!!"

I agree.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join