It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Angels!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As far as Non-Believers go...

Well, ALL will believe eventually..

Sadly it will be too late for many and their eternity will be quite different from mine. Very Sad

However for those wanting more out of their lives here and for eternity, here are more GREAT videos

The Artist is Ray Boltz

He puts on a concert called "The Concert of a Lifetime" that is the most amazing experience you can imagine!!!

One Drop of Blood

Watch the Lamb

The Alter

Enjoy

Semper

[edit on 9/23/2007 by semperfortis]

[edit on 9/23/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Such a POWERFUL message...

Semper

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
So i have an important question for anyone who wants to answer. According to the bible, do you think sex before marriage is immoral? Does it ever say that it is immoral?

Well, first off, the idea of 'morality' doesn't seem to be one featured in the bible...this is just my personal take on the word and its essential meaning. Which, to me, is more about the appearance one presents in the eyes of others as opposed to ethics, which is a more solid guiding principle since I believe it is borne in the conscience, which is within.

I know the part where Jesus says If you look at a women with lust you have already committed adultery with her in your heart. Does that only apply to married men only or single men also?

That quote is from Matthew 5:28. And the word which is translated to 'lust' is:

G1937
epithumeō
From G1909 and G2372; to set the heart upon, that is, long for (rightfully or otherwise): - covet, desire, would fain, lust (after).

I think there were three 'sins' in the garden of Eden: deception (Adam), inconstancy (Eve), and envy (the snake).

Envy is a dangerous force - it is far more malignant than mere jealousy; jealousy implies ownership and envy implies DESIRED ownership - often of something that one can never, realistically, hope to possess. It is for envy that many murders are committed.

Perhaps that is more of the principle that Jesus was trying to convey; it certainly does seem to correspond with the overall message given in the sermon on the mount.

As for 'right' or 'wrong,' it is not for me to judge except for myself. We are created human, and, interestingly enough, in the Hebrew, the word translated to lust is variously from original word which, respectively, mean such things as:

life - animal vitality (nephesh)
delight
obstinancy
longing

etc...

And so...lust perhaps is not so much best understood as a longing for sexual/romantic union but rather as a manifestation of dissatisfaction and greed (wanting more than you really need.)

And once the seeds of discontent are sowed in the heart, unchecked they can only grow into malicious weeds!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
holy-smoke, dora/annie/penelopeeeee, girl nice 2c ur work, omg !

Envy is a dangerous force - it is far more malignant than mere jealousy; jealousy implies ownership and envy implies DESIRED ownership - often of something that one can never, realistically, hope to possess. It is for envy that many murders are committed.

wow ! holy/dora/dyke ! aka JC~in~ you ! Infinity

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm...a funny one, I strongly believe the teachings of Bushindo, second changes part of that. I like alot of what the Gnostics think, i admire some of the beliefs of the Muslims, Christians and i also like alot of the Ancient Egyptian beliefs. I guess i like alot of different parts of religions.

ProTo FF

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i'm just going to throw this out there, i love one part of islam: the reverence it holds for scholars.

muhammed said that the ink of the scholar is holier than the blood of the martyr.

no such reverence for intellect or scholarly work can be found in the judaic or christian texts.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
no such reverence for intellect or scholarly work can be found in the judaic or christian texts.

But it should be! I agree with you.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Semper,

Very inspiring vids!!!

Thankyou for sharing them!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
DAILY INSPIRATION
Book:God's Message for each day
Author:Eugene H Peterson

"Pulled Into Community"

My mouth's full of great praise for God.
I'm singing his hallelujahs surrounded by crowds.
Psalm 109-130. The Message

The gospel pulls us into community. One of the immediate changes that the gospel makes is grammatical: 'we' instead of 'I', 'our' instead of 'my', 'us' instead of 'me...

A believing community is the context for the life of faith.

Love cannot exist in isolation: away from others, love bloats into pride.

Grace cannot be received privately: cut off from others it is perverted into greed.

Hope cannot develop in solitude: seperated from the community, it goes to seed in the form of fantasies.

No gift, no virtue can develop and remain healthy apart from the community of faith.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I touching tribute to the title of this thread

Enjoy

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
DAILY INSPIRATION
Book:God's Message for each day
Author:Eugene H Peterson

Contagious Faith

God's business is putting things right; he loves getting the lines straight, setting us straight.
Psalm 11:17, The Message

The Hebrews were not an aggressively proselytizing people, but they were an intensely serious people - serious about the meaning of life, serious about covenant with God.

They did not campaign to convert others to their way of life, but their faith was contagious.

The peoples among whom they lived were attracted by the dazzling intensities of their worship and were drawn into the maturing pilgrimage of holiness...

They discovered through the witness of the Jew, the reality of God who created, who entered into suffering, who carved out a way of redemption.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
At the end of this day, I want you ALL to look back, and concider the following:

*What have YOU done that benefited someone elses life, besides your own?

*Where you greatful for the 'whole day', or just certain parts of it?

*Did you take time out of your day to help others?

*Did you put off helping someone else?

*Will you go to bed angry tonite?

*Have you laughed today?

At the end of my day, I don't look back out of regret, or at least try not to.
I do however take inventory of the days events and try to find at least one thing that has made others and myself happy. It's become of habit of mine.

An unkind word or deed can make or break someone's spirit. Think that your mal intent sits souly with the recipient. Wrong!

Ahhhh...the 'trickle down affect'. Remember the analogy of throwing a pebble into the pond? Does it make only one wave? Of course not. Many waves will resonate outwards until they hit the ponds edge. This is how our actions affect others to many extents. Sometimes we can't even imagine how far our actions have travelled from one to another and another.. and so on.

Good or bad, we must carefully keep in mind as to others feelings.

"Do unto others..."

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

im an atheist im not here to talk crap or argue. i just have a question for all of u believers.why do u believe?

god forgives everyone even murders but he doesnt forgive people who dont believe in him. its in the bible sumwhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well doobie - you have been misinformed. You can talk bad about God or Jesus all ya want - the golden rule is you don't pooh pooh on the Holy Spirit.

That you can't be forgiven for. Look it up and check it out for yourself.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

dude i dont believe in god. im not saying im going to be foregiven im saying for all u guys saying peole have sinned well they can be foregiven if there even is a god-highly unlikely there is-
but yeah u never answered why do u believe?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

man sorry to say this but u guys are nuts.
seriously u guys believe in a fairytale. when has this supposed "god" done anything for you? when has he answered your prayers???
never. its sad to see that religion still has peoples minds trapped.hasnt there been enuff proof to prove u guys wrong???

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by doobie12488

doobie,

Thankyou for taking the time to visit this thread.

I know you have a lot of questions, as do we all, but as I initially stated in my OP, this thread isn't a debating thread.

It was created (with the soul purpose) in order that believers can come in here to peacefully share our faith, experiences etc.

We will all try to be civil to each other. I encourage EVERYONE to have a tad more patience, tolerance, and be mindful of our words.

Far be it for me to throw some more coals on the already heated fire of faith vs non-faith discussions.

There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to be snarky to another for any reason.

Let's practice what we preach. Be the examples we want to see.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why do I personally believe what I do? I could inundate this whole thread all by myself with soooooo many reasons, but it wouldn't be fair to others to write novels upon novels without letting others get a word in edge wise.

I have had MANY prayers answered. Ways that would just boggle the mind!

Religions are manmade. Many, if not all, all religions are in my opinion are nasty control mechanisms on mankind. I will tell you my thoughts about this as time goes by. One thing at a time.

I'm focusing on the 'Spiritual'.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Madness,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

In my opinion, I believe it is more important to focus on the message conveyed, rather than the semantics of 'who wrote. It pretty much boils down to this.

When you mentioned about giving credit to the Muslim scholars (paraphrasing), correct me if I'm wrong, I heard/read somewhere along the lines that Jewish scribes take great pains to transcribing(copying) the Torah from one to the other. When they create another copy of the Torah, it is done by hand. Checked, double-checked, triple even, so as to not making any mistakes. That requires not only a lot of diligence on their part, but ensures the exactness of lettering.

The Torah is IMO, probably the only book I know that has the exact wording from the beginnings of Jewish history to date.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

so why do u believe? like wat has fully convinced you that there is a god?
dont say prayer were answered because prayers are false. why would god go as far as violating the laws of nature to answer ur paticular prayer when theres more serious things going on? so prayer is bs. now tell me wat has u convinced and dont say miracle because once again why would god go as far as violating the laws of nature for sumone when theres billions out there in need of a miracle. so prayer and miracles are out. now tell me why u believe in him??

tell me wats more likely the big bang and evolution or a complicated being with out a creator and creats a complicated universe? who created god?

[edit on 25-9-2007 by doobie12488]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join