It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Angels!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

no, my words were a quote from muhammed. it's about the holiness of scholarly work, not transcribing of religious text. muhammed said that a scholar's ink is holier than a martyr's blood, a reverence for scholarly work not found in christianity or judaism.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by doobie12488

I believe that there are NO coincidences in life.

I believe that that the universe didn't come to be - from nothing.

I acknowledge a higher power. There is more to this life, than what meets the eye.

We only use less than 10 percent of our brain. What is the rest of the grey matter used for? 10% isn't very much to assertain exactly what the meaning of life is or explain to the fullest of how everything works!

I want you to know that I have the UTMOST respect for scientists. Science was one of my more favorite subjects in school when I was younger.
Technology and science has opened doors to actual proof and closed many doors to superstitions.

Perhaps science will be able to explain EVERYTHING. It might take eons or less, but the possibility is there. Mabey science WON'T be able to explain everything.

Until then, it is my belief, my inner being, reaching out to more than what this physical life has to offer.

Doobie, I don't know if there is any viable evidence to support believers stances. Viable enough to satisfy non-believers.

I remember the movie: 'Contact' with Jodie Foster. She was a scientist that was insistant upon 'proof'. When she experienced something to which she had no proof to provide, she was left holding the same bag as believers. It's not the best example, sorry, but I equate this to beliefs.

Belief, to me, isn't just a knee-jerk feel good reaction. I am centering my soul around a way of 'being', a way to live my life. It is my 'expectations' in a here-after. I'm not satisfied. I want more.

A 'message' was passed down through the ages. This message included the promise of eternal life. The invitation went out, and I accepted. This message guides my everyday actions.

Until there is viable proof for us believers, to TOTALLY explain the 'fairy in the sky'...I believe in HIM.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Thanks for clarifying.

I haven't seen any evidence either, for reverence as such, in the Christian/Judeo religion.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And you wont Ducks....

Contrary to the Muslim Reverence to scholarly work, The Christian concept is that ALL are equal and loved under the Eye of The Lord

None will be singled out as we all are sinners and all loved

You will never find any reference in Christianity that singles any one person or group out above any other

Except of course The Lord Jesus Christ

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I haven't seen any evidence either, for reverence as such, in the Christian/Judeo religion.

:shk:

We have! At least I have; I am sure you have, too!

Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

Of course, that isn't necessarily RELIGION, just a scriptural citation...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Prayers are false? that is a pretty bold statement. I know all of my prayers have went answered and never as a no either, it may not come in ways i dont expect but they have nonetheless. As to why would he, because he told us he would. As to why i believe, and believe me in the course of my life i spent alot of time back and forth on the matter, is simple i love every aspect of my life as a result of the process more than i ever did not believing. Everyone wants to see big miracles, for me i find joy in the miracles we take for granted everyday.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

I've had my prayers answered as well.

Someone/something sees it fit for me to be on this earth.

I should be dead right now. What I mean is, there were many times in my life when I was so reckless, that there were no plausible explanations as to why I got out of these situations. 'People' mysteriously helping me. Literally appearing out of no where. I wasn't delerious, on drugs or anything of the like. One minute there...the next minute 'poof'.

This is the beauty and problem with faith. It's one persons story that doesn't have pics, vids, or anything else as proof. Just what I experienced and saw.

This story will be just a bunch of words to others or it will be meaningful to the rest.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've read this thread from the first post to the last, and I'd just like to jump in and say hi to all my fellow brothers and sisters.

I usually never know how to word stuff like this, so bear with me, my thoughts might bounce around, lol.

I've been a believer for as long as I can remember. I was brought up Mormon through most of my childhood. Church kinda phased out of my life, but not my belief. I've always had, what I think, is a very strong bond with Jesus and God. Believe me when I say, there have been times when I've gone through serious doubt, and even questioned wheather I believed anymore or not, but what turned me around was prayer.

I think someone said in a previous post that prayer doesn't count, or miricales for that matter. Well, I can attest that they do. If it wasn't for prayer, I'd be a very different person than I am now. If it wasn't for miricales, I wouldn't still have my mom here.

I don't question my faith anymore. I know what is there, and I know what I believe is true. It feels so good to know that I have Jesus in my heart, and that no matter what I do, he will always love me!

I may not look like the average Christian ( I have long hair, tattoos, cuss more than I should) but I don't think God or Jesus intended us to come out of a particular mold. I've been called a Satanist because I'm Mormon, and I've been told I'm going to hell for having long hair. ( It was in a mall, and some old dude told me that I needed to cut my hair or I was going to hell, cause men aren't supposed to have long hair.)

It's just really good to know that there is a thread like this that I can honestly post to. Thanks Duckster!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hi Valdimer!

Feel comfortable to post any Spiritual thoughts, feelings, or stories in here!

I created another thread Here that shows a difference between Christians - in parody form.

I read your post and agree that people judge others by their looks a little too much. You'd think that after so much diversity in this world, others would be used to it by now. Some, are too quick to judge others without taking the time to see the 'real' person inside of ourselves. Pity.

I'm glad that you don't let these people get to you, and are your own person!

I'm also glad to hear that you kept your faith and are perhaps building on it?

It is such a treasure to have faith in this confusing and sometimes hateful world.

We need the strength of our brothers and sisters.

We all need to take time for each other as well as ourselves.

Don't forget...you aren't alone in your faith.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am building on it!

I do get judged alot, even at my mom's church, by the way I look, but I look at it like this: They're the ones missing out on not getting to know such a cool dude as myself.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdimer

ahh..don't fault them for it. (And you probably don't)

You don't have to change your appearance to make them take notice of you. (tho, the cutting of the hair, attire, etc. would probably make others do an about take...lolol)

It's all in our 'attitude' towards others. I've said this so many times before:

Sometimes it's not just 'what' we say to others, but how we say these things.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

[edit on 26-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I talked with my 'sister'tonite.

She is such a wise person.

MM is a beautiful soul

Edn

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Thats seams to be a big misconception, though im sure there are theory's out there that the universe simple popped into existence, I asume you refer to the big bang theory when you say 'didn't come to be - from nothing'? Well the big bang theory doesn't actually say the universe came into existence from nothing, it was actually from a primeval atom (as the original theorist named it) or singularity.

On the bases that you cant create or destroy anything and that if the universe is expanding then if you go back in time it is contracting then the universe has technically always existed and always will exist, and at some point in time is was so minutely small it lacked dimension and therefor lacked time which I belief tends to be where the non-existence part of the universe comes from.

Hope you don't mind my input.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn

Thats seams to be a big misconception, though im sure there are theory's out there that the universe simple popped into existence, I asume you refer to the big bang theory when you say 'didn't come to be - from nothing'? Well the big bang theory doesn't actually say the universe came into existence from nothing, it was actually from a primeval atom (as the original theorist named it) or singularity.

The universe in my opinion...didn't happen from a single 'bang.

Ok...I have to reiterate: "The big bang happened from a single thought"

It is my consensous that the universe evolved from a single thought. From this single thought, there erupted, many singular atomic eruptiions.

On the bases that you cant create or destroy anything and that if the universe is expanding then if you go back in time it is contracting then the universe has technically always existed and always will exist, and at some point in time is was so minutely small it lacked dimension and therefor lacked time which I belief tends to be where the non-existence part of the universe comes from.

Hope you don't mind my input.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Why do we have this forum? I thought its called faith. And we get people like madness saying prayer is false.

He doesnt know, hes guessing baised on a theory, nonetheless the ignorance is allowed here with personal attacks.

Look Duckster. Worship your lord, pray always, stay happy always. Dont let these people steell your joy nor your love of God.

What ive seen im sure you have, which are miracles, Christ worked miracles constantly.

So believe in him with all your heart.

Him, the Father, and the holy spirit are literally implanted on our bodies, but of course it takes eyes to see this miracle.

The devil likes to try and destroy faith by unsincerity, so use your God given eyes to see good from evil, sincerity from an advocate.

Jesus said in scripture.

" Love God with all your heart "

" lovae your neighbor as yourself "

In (these), the law is fullfilled because doing these you will fullfill his law and will.

also love your enemies and do good to them.

so there are things to like about the bible, but nothing good can come out of it to some.

So basically we are to be innocent sheep in the midst of wolves. and when he says do good to your enemies. he means always (love). resolve all arguments with love, and all conflicts.

If I were to share all the miracles I have seen personally, it would take the next 5 pages. So the things that happened to the saints, still happen today.

But this is the faithless age, and those who profess to believe God, its only an idea of him.

peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Why do we have this forum? I thought its called faith. And we get people like madness saying prayer is false.

faith, spirituality, and THEOLOGY. the study of religion is open to all.
and i will continue to say it is false until i am proven wrong.

He doesnt know, hes guessing baised on a theory, nonetheless the ignorance is allowed here with personal attacks.

...i don't make personal attacks.
and of course i don't know, but neither do you. i'm not guessing based on a theory, i'm taking a position based on lack of evidence.

ignoring the rest, this isn't my discussion unless i have something relevant to say. since i was randomly brought up, i had to address the assault on my character

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
madness does NOT make personal attacks...and on this thread I have noted TWO personal attacks (mild yet still pointed) on madness!

Is that the way Angels act? Or Christ?

NO! :shk:

Not even toward an enemy. And madness is far from being an enemy to any of us.

Matthew 5:
~44
But I say to you, Have love for those who are against you, and make prayer for those who are cruel to you;
~45 So that you may be the sons of your Father in heaven; for his sun gives light to the evil and to the good, and he sends rain on the upright man and on the sinner.
~46 For if you have love for those who have love for you, what credit is it to you? do not the tax-farmers the same?
~47 And if you say, Good day, to your brothers only, what do you do more than others? do not even the Gentiles the same?
~48 Be then complete in righteousness, even as your Father in heaven is complete.

[edit on 9/27/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Madness is asking questions....

That is the basic foundation for all learning ....

It is also the first step in understanding...

Madness, ask me anything you want my Friend.....

For as Christians, it is in the telling that we also remember and learn ourselves

Semper

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Madness and Jesusistruth always get in arguments. I agree with Madness in some areas, and with JiT in others. And they are both on my friends list.

The big bang theory to me, is easier to believe than creationism. There is strong evidence for evolution, which I believe in. And there is strong evidence for god.

People who believe, had spiritual experiences in life. Psycology can explain some of them, but sometimes only religion can explain these experiences. I have had one that can only be explained by the idea of heaven.

When I was one year old, my parents heard me laughing in my sleep. They later found out that the night I was laughing, was the same date my great aunt died. Could this have a logical explanation? Doesn't seem like it because I was the first born since the 50s on both sides of my family. So that means my great aunt must of came to me because I was the first child she has seen in a long time.

So this means that there must be an afterlife (heaven).

[edit on 27-9-2007 by wildcat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join