It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There was a plan to use a plane in 1974

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If you didn't know, there WAS a plan to take a commercial plane by force of arms and use that plane to crash into the White House.

The year was 1974, 27-years before 9/11 and the plan was formed by would-be assassin Sam Byke who wanted to kill then President Richard Nixon. The Secret Service supposedly took steps such as rumored anti-air weapons and so on to prevent what they had previosly considered unthinkable...a commercial aircraft used in a suicide attack.

Sam Byke was 37, married, and had 4 children. He was manic depressant and couldn't keep employment. As time went on, he began to blame the administration of the time for his and the rest of the country's problems.

The Secret Service and the FBI therefore knew of the potentail back then. They even have Bicke's own audio recordings that reveal his plans to take the airliner and crash it into the White House. Both agencies knew of the potential for this type of attack yet on all fronts, they claim they never could have concieved of such a thing.

As SkepticOverlord likes to say, look to history and in this case...history proves that the public statements made are completely false.

There was a previous plan to use a plane in a suicide crash many years before 9/11. The major law enforcement agencies all know it. Any statements such as "we had no idea..." are just propaganda.

Edit: fixed some spelling.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Does more need to be said?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When the statement of total surprise of using planes as a weapon was first mentioned I laughed. I suppose I should stop laughing sometime since I don't recall any journalist describe the "suicide style attack" as kamikaze.

Was that term considered too non-PC for TV? Don't know too many people that don't know what that term means. I personally feel that the truth isn't too far from the official story but to flattly say, especially when Bush's father fought in the Pacific Theater, that planes as weapons was unthought of...*shrug*

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ahabstar, while I don't necessarily disbelieve the entire official story, I find it rather hard to believe that a handful of guys with "box cutters" held planes with 70+ people on them hostage. It just doesn't make much sense to me. It never has to be quite frank.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'd still say that using it against a civilian target like the WTC is still quite different than against the White House, which in this case seems to have been just an assassination attempt idea.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Actually that is part is somewhat easier to swallow. The real weapon wasn't so much the boxcutters as was fear. For example: wbztv.com...

In addition to fear of harm, the flight crew would have assured the passengers to just sit tight, and that we would be going on a ride to Cuba or somewhere like all other hijacked planes prior would do. Or that they would sit on a runway somewhere until whatever crazy demand was met, just like all prior hijackings.

I don't really buy the whole heroes of FL93, but it might have happend. I have been in a restaurant when a customer shot off a pepper spray. It is a choking cloud that emptied the building. I was in the back and thought it was a robbery attempt and hit the silent alarm button. I then grabbed a chef's knife and stepped out front as waitresses moved to the back to get fresh air. Eventhough the cloud had defused some, I was still tearing up.

Could I have taken one of them on the plane? Maybe, it depends on if they were seperated enough or if I believed they have a remote detonator for a bomb in the cargo section.

With all those factors to consider, I might have sat in my seat and died that day with everyone else expecting that the whole thing was just an inconvenience and bad luck on my part.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

yes, yes it does. For instance, why was the person who ingraved this design in on 9/11.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ebayitup

yes, yes it does. For instance, why was the person who ingraved this design in on 9/11.

Why don't you start it off by telling us who the designer of the 20 dollar bill was??

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There have been several ATTEMPTS to crash planes into buildings, but one of the reasons that no one would consider it "realistic" is that most of them were very poorly planned, executed, or were stopped before they could happen.

As for holding them hostage, crews were trained to cooperate. If the hijacker said "Fly here or I'll kill someone" the flight crew would keep everyone else calm and seated, and fly to where they told them to fly. The training was to get on the ground, and let someone negotiate, and or storm the plane to get them free. It's all about saving lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thats funny because each time the white house is saved.
How Convenient that F93 didnt make it to the White House either.
And Bushs PR really made that look good.
Wouldnt have look good using WhiteHouse missiles to take out the plane, and you know Bush sure isnt going to blow his house up.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The White House hasn't always been "saved".

Shortly before 2 A.M. today, a small red-and-white plane flew low over 17th Street in the heart of the capital's downtown, banked left in a U-turn near the Washington Monument, and headed straight toward the President's bedroom in the White House.

No one tried to stop it.

Administration officials, who pieced together the flight path, said that the Secret Service agents stationed outside the South Portico had only seconds to scramble out of the way as the two-seat, propeller-driven Cessna 150, its power apparently shut off and only its wing lights on, came straight at them.

Gliding over the treetops, the Cessna passed the fountain and the red cannas blooming on the South Lawn, bounced off the grass just short of the White House, crashed through the branches of a magnolia tree planted by Andrew Jackson and came to rest in a crumpled heap two stories below the Clintons' unoccupied bedroom.

President Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton and their daughter, Chelsea, were sleeping across Pennsylvania Avenue at Blair House, the guest house for visiting dignitaries, while repairs were being made to the ventilation system in the White House residence. The Clintons moved back into the White House today.

query.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I totally forgot about that.

You know what that tells me though.
When they dont know its coming they screw up.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
If you didn't know, there WAS a plan to take a commercial plane by force of arms and use that plane to crash into the White House.

Wow! This is the kind of information I love to read about on ATS. Excellent find!

This is news and info I have never even remotely heard about.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Ahabstar, while I don't necessarily disbelieve the entire official story, I find it rather hard to believe that a handful of guys with "box cutters" held planes with 70+ people on them hostage. It just doesn't make much sense to me. It never has to be quite frank.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Prior to the events of 11 September 01, hijacking was seen as a primarily political ploy....organization "A" takes over aircraft, forces it to land somewhere, and uses hostages to exert leverage on political entity "B" in order to extract some concession. Because that was the general case, most airlines had a standing policy of cooperation with hijackers if a hijacking actually took place. The thinking was that the passengers, the crew, and the very expensive aircraft were safer on the ground rather than in the air....so cooperate, land where you're told, and let the professional negotiators settle things once you're down. This policy obviously doesn't apply if the aircraft is never going to land again...but by the time that realization hit home, the hijackers were already in command of the aircraft.

That standing policy (and the history of aircraft hijackings) is probably the origin of the official surprise that the planes were used as weapons. It's not a surprise (or shouldn't be a surprise) from a military perspective to see an aircraft become a weapon...there's the historical example of the kamikaze, after all. However, given that hijackings up until that point had been about taking hostages, it was probably a huge surprise to see a hijacking where the hostages didn't matter in the equation....only the kinetic energy of the aircraft. It was a totally new type of hijacking, so of course it caught the authorities by surprise...not because it couldn't be done, but because something that had never been done was happening in front of their eyes.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
As many here are saying, hijacked aircraft wasnt a first on 9/11. The idea also isn't new, whatever motives a group may have.

Im surprised no one has mentioned Northwoods. ( If someone did I apologize, I read pretty quickly through this thread.)

Operation Northwoods

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
interesting stuff..
also the 20 dollar bill thing how does someone just realize oh if i fold it this way and this way the twin towers are going to appear? i always wondered that! i guess too much time on their hands?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
The year was 1974, ...

Sounds bigtime. But where's the link(s)?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Sounds bigtime. But where's the link(s)?

In early 1974, Byck made his decision to assassinate Nixon. He planned to do so by hijacking an airliner and crashing it into the White House on a day when Nixon would be there. It has been suggested (for instance, by the 2004 film dramatization of his life) that Byck was inspired by news reports of the February 17, 1974 buzzing of the White House by Army PFC Robert K. Preston in a stolen helicopter.

Since Byck was already known to the Secret Service, and because legal attempts to purchase a firearm might have resulted in increased scrutiny, Byck stole a .22 caliber revolver from a friend of his to use in the hijacking. Byck also made a bomb out of 2 gallon jugs of gasoline and an igniter. All through this process, Byck made audio recordings explaining his motives and his plans; he expected to be considered a hero for his actions, and wanted to fully document his reasons for the assassination.

February 22, 1974, Byck drove to the Baltimore/Washington International Airport. He shot and killed Maryland Aviation Administration Police Officer George Neal Ramsburg before storming aboard a DC-9, Delta Air Lines Flight 523 to Atlanta, which he chose because it was the closest flight that was ready to take off. After pilots Reese (Doug) Loftin and Fred Jones told him they could not take off until wheel blocks were removed, he shot them both and grabbed a nearby passenger, ordering her to "fly the plane". Jones died instantly; Loftin survived the attack. Byck told a flight attendant to close the door or he would blow the plane up.

Source.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
www.sondheim.org...
www.rvv.com...

He killed the copilot before the plane left the gate, and the captain told him they couldn't leave with the wheel chocks in place. A police officer heard the shots and rushed the plane. He shot and wounded Byck, who then put his gun to his head and killed himself. They found him sitting on a gasoline bomb.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Fold the $10 in the exact same way and it looks sickeningly like the collapse.

The example next to the $10 in this shows smoke. I think the $10 represents the rubble coming down, because smoke rises.

I do also find it strange that people grew up on MAD magazine. MAD's most know feature was the folding back page that made a different picture... Why would our money be any different.

[edit on 6/12/2007 by Spoodily]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join