It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human found with green blood ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was just watching the local news and there was a brief snippet concerning, if what I think I heard was correct, a person admitted to a hospital in Vancouver who was found to have green blood. My girlfriend and I watched the rest of the newscast hoping to catch the whole story, but there was no further mention of it. Does anybody else have any further information on this? This could be an earthshaking discovery if it proves to be true. Could an infection of the blood cause this?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here you go.

Link to story

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Vancouver doctors report rare finding of man whose blood was greenTORONTO (CP) - The green blood came as a bit of a shock to Dr. Alana Flexman and her colleagues when they tried to put an arterial line into a patient about to undergo surgery in Vancouver's St. Paul's Hospital.www.cbc.ca...

If you check this URL, you'll see that they're still somewhat flummoxed, but they think it had to do with some medication the patient was on. Creepy, though...makes you wonder. Remember the Ramirez woman in California in the early 90's? Went into surgery and the medical team started passing out...some suffered permanent injury. I think that even made it into an X-Files script.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, at least there's a plausible explanation.

It would seem to me however that they would be able to conclude with little doubt which medication could do such a thing.

I guess it doesn't really matter much.

I wonder how he fell asleep on his knees.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Mmmmm. Interesting !

Interesting too, that green is the complimentary colour of red (usual blood colour).

Brings to mind the Blue Blood people in the US. Anyone remember where they were located? Virginia?

Turned out the Blue Blood folk were not a myth, but actually existed/exist.

A researcher reportedly tracked down the Blue Blood family's antecedents, who originated in France, apparently.

Sufferers in the US ranged from very noticeable 'blue' colour to slightly blue. Apparently they preferred to live in relative isolation, travelling to town only when necessary.

Would be interested to hear about the 'Ramirez woman in California in the 90s' if anyone has the time

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's a link to a report of the Ramirez incident.

I haven't read the whole thing, yet, but it seems that an illegal meth lab was implicated.

home.earthlink.net...

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oxygenated blood is a bright, rich cherry-red; deoxygenated blood is a very, very dark red. The color is derived from the iron (heme) carrying hemoglobin molecules of red blood cells.

However, deoxygenated blood tends to absorb slightly more in the red end of the spectrum than oxygenated blood, and when combined with how long vs. short wavelengths are scattered when penetrating tissue, ends up making veins (carrying deoxygenated blood) appear blue when viewed through the skin.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, GradyPhillpot: interesting read

Along with Hill's smell-of-death theory and Lawrence Livermore's poison-gas scenario, a third questionable explanation emerged. The state Department of Health Services released a report blaming the ER uproar on mass hysteria, triggered by a strange smell.

Injecting a note of sexism into the debate, state researchers said mass hysteria was the most convincing theory in part because more women in the ER became ill than men.
home.earthlink.net... (link provided by GradyPhillpot, from ANATOMY OF THE "FUMING WOMAN", New Times Los Angeles Published: 05/15/97)

Nothing like a scientific 'smell of death' theory, combined with that old chestnut about females being the 'weaker sex', to explain the fact a medical doctor has been hospitalized for two months and has been bleeding from the brain plus assorted trauma, after exposure to a young woman suffering from cervical cancer (which MDs claim she would have very probably survived, other than for skullduggery prior and after the victim's peculiar death).

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Quick search revealed this. Briefly explains the 'blue' colouring.

And it was Kentucky, apparently, not Virginia as I previously speculated.

The blue Fugates weren't a race but rather an excessively tight-knit family living in the Appalachian Mountains. The patriarch of the clan was Martin Fugate, who settled along the banks of Troublesome Creek near Hazard, Kentucky, sometime after 1800. His wife, Mary, is thought to have been a carrier for a rare disease known as hereditary methemoglobinemia, which we'll call met-H.

Due to an enzyme deficiency, the blood of met-H victims has reduced oxygen-carrying capacity. Instead of being the usual bright red, arterial blood is chocolate brown and gives the skin of Caucasians a bluish cast. Hereditary met-H is caused by a recessive gene. If only one of your parents has this gene, you'll be normal, but if they both have it, there's a good chance you'll be blue.

None of Martin and Mary Fugate's descendants would have been blue had they not intermarried with a nearby clan, the Smiths. The Smiths were descendants of Richard Smith and Alicia Combs, one of whom apparently was also a met-H carrier. According to family historian Mary Fugate, the first known blue Fugate was born in 1832. Because of inbreeding among the isolated hill folk--the Fugate family tree is a tangled mess of cousins marrying cousins--blue people started popping up frequently thereafter. A half dozen or so were on the scene by the 1890s, and one case was reported as recently as 1975. They were quite a sight. One woman is said to have had lips the color of a bruise.

In 1960 a doctor named Madison Cawein heard about the blue Fugates and succeeded in tracking down

www.straightdope.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Nice teamwork on these posts, folks. Grady, you ask why he fell asleep on his knees? Prayer? Seriously, thanks for the Ramirez link. I was creeped-out enough at the time to save a clipping but I never got the follow-up. The meth lab sounds the most reasonable tie-in, though I'm not sure it would account for the apparent cover-up.

The blue-blood story was news to me, another good link. Now, in my creepy file was a priest...name escapes me...Martin? O'Mally?...who was apparently in the habit of showing up at airplanes crashes. Never saw a follow-up on that. If anybody knows anything there, can it be passed along without actually hijacking this thread?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
logic indicates she is a Vulcan...

They have copper in their blood instead of iron. Oxidized Cu is green in color.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Brings to mind the Blue Blood people in the US. Anyone remember where they were located? Virginia?

Turned out the Blue Blood folk were not a myth, but actually existed/exist.

Bizarrely, until very recently, I had an extremely dark blood colour that when in a concentration (i.e. say if someone took blood or it leaked outta me a lot) was dark blue in colour. I now have a strangely orangey colour blood due to clotting and liver problems from the tablets I take.

I've heard several stories from doctors or phlebotomists who've taken my blood - one was that I had excessive silver (which was the cause of 'blueblood' royalty, who used silver plates and goblets and was causing the 'toxic' colouring), one is that an over-concentration of either a type of haemoglobin or something (its been a while so I can't remember the actual doodad) in your blood causes it to turn a blue colour in large enough quantities.

It's like my pee smells like bar-b-q or sometimes something completely indescribably worse that requires everyone to vacate the bathroom until its gone. All thanks to the miracle of tablets. I get it tested every week and aside from the smell and large concentration of the unused narcotics from my tablets would be pretty safe to consume (and no, I don't suffer from diabetes).

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Dock6, thanks for posting that. Very few people know about "The Blue People of Troublesome Creek", where they lived in southern Kentucky. They also lived right here in my town in NE Tennessee. There are still alot of Fugates around, but the gene has apparently died out, as they intermarried with outsiders in later years. As of 1960, they were put on meds by the doctor, which made their skin a normal color as long as they took the meds.
This, to me, seems like the most likely hypothesis for the green blood in the UK story.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Found a good page on different blood chemicals, used in other creatures and what its made up of (it covers green but not in humans):

www.daviddarling.info...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
blood high in sulphur is green, according to c.s.i.!!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mineral imbalances can also cause such changes such as possibly too much copper or sulphur in the blood.

Its kinda like the skin turning orange from eating way too many carrots... seen it its very odd. It was an impoverished old woman up in Maine who ate A LOT of carrots because that's all she could afford.

There was actually a CSI last season about the whole sulphur in blood thing... though I had heard of it before.

It was this show:

www.cbs.com...

[edit on 22-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by subliminaut

I smell reptilians ........Could this be evidence?? isn't reptilian blood usually green\blue?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The link provided by maxseamus takes me to this page maxseamus's link

Also the link by JohnnyCanuck ---->johnny's link

Am i missing something?

Side note: i got 47 out of 50 on the car logo quiz.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If the purpose of any blood (any) is to assist metabolism by providing an oxygen transport, then the one element which turns green when oxidizing is copper. The reason our blood (and Mars, and the Grand Canyon) is red is due to the iron, in general, and specifically in blood hemoglobin, turning red-ish when oxidized.

If this story is true, the blood type may use a copper based oxygen transport molecule, and not human hemoglobin.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by ATS4dummies]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join