It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intresting topic Dan Ackroyd And Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hmm i just came across this cool vid on the net, Also he did a Anderson Cooper Interview, Everyone may know dan from the show S.N.L as the character beldar but did you know that he is the spoaksman for mufon !!!!!! wow here is a link to the Anderson Cooper Interview

External Sorce
www.youtube.com...

And new Movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan Ackroyd Unpluged

And during the anderson cooper interview he said something happened in the 80's where people were contacted in the middle of the night by ET's to look at there ship what do you guys know about this ???? Also check out the Trailer

[edit on 22-10-2006 by semperfi221]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I know he was in My Stepmother Is an Alien in 1988.

[edit on 10/22/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
WHAT No replys ? cmon this is pretty cool stuff here

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think he would be great for ats tv

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Semperfi Yes its a great video(I watched it on you tube before it got removed).
Its a calm ,rational discussion and has got some excellent clips.Dan is a very profound chap and knows what hes on about.David Sereda also shows some quite remarkable NASA footage and it is as about as good a discussion as you will hear on this (very real)subject.
Cheers Karl
PS When talking about UFOs, N.A.S.A stands for Never.A.Straight.Answer

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I like Dan Akyroyd. I didnt know that he was interested in this kind of stuff.

I also think it was really really cool of Anderson not to make fun of Dan's beliefs. He questioned them, but he wasn't beligerant about it.

Maybe Anderson believes too?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think that we should try to get dan on this sight ? does he post here now ? if not it would be awsome to get in contact with him and introduce him to the ats world !!!!!!!!1

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Dan plays an interesting character in the movie "Sneakers" as well... if he is anything like that character, he's probably already here...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You folks do know that besides being extremely interested in UFOlogy he produced a number of Sci-Fi based TV programs, one which I was quite fond of called PSI FACTOR: CHRONICLES OF THE PARANORMAL which purported all events recreated were base on real reported events and phenomena.

He also is the the celebrity spokesman and lifetime member of MUFON, quoted from the MUFON site:

"Actor Dan Aykroyd, star of many movies and television shows including The Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters and Saturday Night Live, is a MUFON Benefactor (LIfetime) member and MUFON's official Hollywood Consultant."

He and David Sereda have made two UFO-based DVD's together.

Something that not too many people know is that Dan Ackroyd was responsible for bringing to light many psi-related events of the O.S.I.R into the show PSI FACTOR: CHRONICLES OF THE PARANORMAL

O.S.I.R.

The Office of Scientific Investigation and Research - the O.S.I.R.- is a private organization that, among its many activities, scientifically explores incidents which might be paranormal in nature. These include such areas as haunting and poltergeist phenomena, possessions, exorcisms, miracles, psi-related phenomena (including psychokinesis, precognition, altered states, near-death experiences and channeling), geophysical mysteries, astral projection, reincarnation and telepathy.

"The O.S.I.R. takes an objective, engineer-assisted and empirically-driven look at reported events with a view toward proving a hoax, looking for natural causes or analyzing the unexplained aspects, if there are any. I don’t think anyone has the body of cases we do." noted Dan Aykroyd.

While the O.S.I.R. has been in operation for a number of years, it has traditionally preferred to remain low profile. All details about cases - from location of investigations to identities of people involved - are strictly confidential; the reasons range form the potential to violate scientific protocol to respect for the privacy of those affected by the phenomena or incidents. The organization's visibility has been purposely limited to occasionally serving as experts to national television newscasts, news magazine programs, radio and selected newspapers and magazines.

The organization finally agreed to release some of its closed files at the request of actor / writer / producer / musician Dan Aykroyd, a life long student of the paranormal who wanted to bring his personal interest to television and to those with similar interest. In Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal, fictional dramas have been woven from the essence of selected O.S.I.R. cases - making the series the only such dramatic anthology inspired by actual incidents.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Very nice post !!!!!!!!!! sweet even i didnt know that

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
more re[lys on this would be nice

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
more re[lys on this would be nice

ya me to.I really like dan. I also wonderd what other people thought about him for ats tv. wicth I cant wait for.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I saw the 'Unplugged' video, as it is available on netflix... It wasn't increadibly insightful, and did contain a clip of a video which I believe was revieled as a hoax (believe being the opretive word) as one of the pieces of stock footage they regularly played...

I remember hearing Dan mention the middle of the night psychic contact thing, but I've no idea about any details...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a friend gave me a copy of dvd with Dan Akroyd discussing UFO's. Pretty interesting, in it they showed mostly the NASA STS footage. Basically what I got from it was that they wanted to portray many of these ufos as living organisms of some sort, i'll have to look for it and take a second look.

I am easily impressed when celebrities of all fames take a firm stance on the ufo issue, not that it makes it any more credible than the average joe giving us his alien encounter story, but seeing a celebrity using their status to ask the questions we all want asked, makes it more acceptable and approachable topic.

new topics

top topics

join