It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has happened, what are you going to do now ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Scenario:

Russia has just suffered a chemical attack on its citizens in St PetersBerg.
The governemnt immediately releases photos, video's and audio's of Mexican immigrants... planning and cheering in a dustbowl village there newly aquired bomb, and there plans to detonate it in Russia.

Russia declares a war on Mexian Terrorists...

And cites america as being its next door neighbour, in facilitating and helping these mexian terrorists.

They offer vague pictures of american border agents attempting to stop mexian immigrants.. but failling to caputre them all.
They show you proof of Various mexican criminal working in the LA area.

They declare America an axis along with Mexico, one that threatens the very life of russian citizens.

The russians bomb all western seaboard cities to the ground.. send in hundereds of thousands of troops into LA, Seattle and occupy the western front, declare the administration an outlawed regime ( god I wish ) and advise all citizens anyone whom resists the liberating force, will be considered an insurgent, and detained.

You as a now, occupied american citizen .. what would you do ?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Brush up on my Russian and more actively presue the Russian born model I am currently dating.

More seriously, as a Canadian, I would prepair to give aid and comfort to fleeing American resistors and start thinking about ways to help with an active resistance.

I'm no fan of the current version of the US, but not only would I be compelled to help from my sence of humanitarianism, but I would know damned well that we'd be next (and easily taken).

Edit: I'd still presue my model, tho. She'd make a hell of a gurilla fighter/face of resistance and she's no fan of Russian hardlining.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by BitRaiser]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The U.S. would be completly cooperative in any law enforcement actions within our borders and any invasion of Mexico if necessary.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The U.S. would be completly cooperative in any law enforcement actions within our borders and any invasion of Mexico if necessary.

Dude... coffee through my nose.
It burns!

Bastage!

link   
Tell me your high?

Mexican terrorist.... using chemical weapons on St. Petersburgh Russia? Why are there Mexicans attacking Russia? .... when did Russia and Mexico develop sour relations?? How is this in any way remotly possible?????

link   

This is a SCENARIO...

Trying to draw compaisons as to what you'd do as an WRONGFULLY OCCUPIED COUNTRY...

Of course there's other political and realisitc approaches here..

but seriously, imagine the US had no nukes, no major world standing.. and ud just been invaded by a bigger, strong country under reasons that never existed...

what would you, as an occupied american citizens do ?

link   
Fist thing I would do is call your mom so she can wake you up and go to school because you are DREAMING!!!!!

The first sign of a (weak) Russian military attempt to set foot on American soil would be met with much resistance, and would probably end with a nuclear exchange - the world would die, but we would not be occupied...seems like a fair turn-a-bout from my point of view anyway.

- Beezer

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
but seriously, imagine the US had no nukes, no major world standing.. and ud just

Hey there como, why would we want to do that.

We have nukes

We have standing

We have power

We have everything we could ever need to kick the scrawny little punk ass of ( almost ) ANY nation ( China may be a problem ) that gets lippy with us.

Asking us to imagine that is like asking Bill Gates to pretend he is poor, Nicolet Sheridan to pretend she is ugly, and Weird Al to pretend he can't sing...WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT?

- Beezer...class now dimissed!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Use a little imagination here folks...

He didn't say this is a plausible senario that could possibly happen. He's using a series of factitious events to paint you a picture of what it might be like if the shoe was on the other foot.

Maybe a viewing of Red Dawn would help?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
really people, cant we back up from the chest puffing regulairty of patriotism here.

Its a scenario...

thank your god damn lucky stars this isnt happenin.. like in SOME OTHER COUNTRIES.

change it if makes ur logic work..

your a maritius citizen..

south african has just invaded you because ..... sudan chemically attacked southafrica if you need be.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

He didn't say this is a plausible senario that could possibly happen. He's using a series of factitious events to paint you a picture of what it might be like if the shoe was on the other foot.

thanks bitman..
good to see people can step away from the table and look at something a bit differently.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Honestly who would be worried about Russia the same nation that actually managed to make half of Germany inefficient which is a hell of a trick. This scenario is ridiculously unplausable the Russians cant handle chechnya nevermind America they know it as well.

But ok if there was a divine miracle and this actually happened I think I'd bribe them with a potato or just spray their equipment with rust remover and watch it turn to dust.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Watched it at a drive in theater back in the day kid, and I wanted to kick every Russian punk ass I met...except Anya Colarav! She was a SMOKIN RED HOT COMMIE BABE...I took her on one date and she shot my sub clean out of the water, and we never held piecediscussions again!

She went back to the Ukraine and I went back to bombing commies on my Apple II verison of a war games scenario called DOMINATION.

Anyway, I don't have that big of an imagination but I will try.

Russia aggressive towards mexico...hmmmm I would move to canada and go on a hunger strike until Russia left mexico...cause in my imaginary world it's all raindrops and rosses and pink little kitties!

- Beezer

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

thanks bitman..
good to see people can step away from the table and look at something a bit differently.

No worries.

While my first reaction to reading your outlined fictional event was basicly a good laugh, I figured out what you were getting at quite quickly. I hadden't considered what I'd do as a Canadian citizen if the US was un-lawfully occupired and I was rather suprised to find that I my feelings tell me I would be very supportive of the American Resistence.

It worries me that so many minds around here are so inflexible that they are unable to deal with a hypathetical situation where they are the victems instead of the agressors. It shows a very narrow world view and inability to relate. The fact that several people have posted agressivly against even considering these fictonal events is NOT a good sign.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Tell me your high?

Mexican terrorist.... using chemical weapons on St. Petersburgh Russia? Why are there Mexicans attacking Russia? .... when did Russia and Mexico develop sour relations?? How is this in any way remotly possible?????

Maybe is an allegory? Did you think about that?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I would gather a small group friends and drive around in a lifted Ford Bronco, making the occasional stop to deer hunt and drink the blood of prey.

We would still have keep up or guard on the east coast, the French might decide to get us while we're down and fighting on the Western front.

Also, Do you know how many gang bangers are on the west cost? Thousands!
And they all carry. The Russians wouldn't stand a chance. As a last resort we could open the prison doors and hand out pipes and chains to all the fleeing inmates. That's another million troops right there

But on topic, what would I do? Seriously, I would gather guns, food and supplies and head for the hills. I would probably join some type of resistance or volunteer militia unit.

[edit on 5/10/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I agree, i severly over estimated the logic and maturity of people comprehending a theoretical situation...

But, alas, some responses of the substance i expected are coming in.

boom, SportyMB, you've just been declared an insurgent. Fair game for the russian military, and if your captured you will be locked up, experience various techniques of interrogation to rat out your fellow volunteer's...

Do you feel liberated or free? being you were a citizen that the russians originally came to free, from you evil, freedom hating leader?

Imagine you havent been caught...
your hiding out in the woods, and news gets to you.
Your wife, and childeren have been raped, murdered.. and there remaines burned by a rogue outfit of the russian governemnt.
russia swears they will convict and prosecute these men........ what would you do now ?

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is a SCENARIO...

Trying to draw compaisons as to what you'd do as an WRONGFULLY OCCUPIED COUNTRY...

Of course there's other political and realisitc approaches here..

but seriously, imagine the US had no nukes, no major world standing.. and ud just been invaded by a bigger, strong country under reasons that never existed...

what would you, as an occupied american citizens do ?

....Right... I see where your trying to go with this.

So il chalenge you to answer this:

What makes the occupation of one country by another "wrong" other then the opinion that war is bad?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So anyway back to my Anya story.

We went out to see a movie, and then back to the high school dorm area for a little Commie chit chat.

....Am I boring you with this...sorry....much like you bore THE HELL out of the entire board with your American-hating threads you start EVERY DAY!

Let it go....we are a big bad country and kickn' some ass...end of story, and no amount of gosh I wish..or If I could only dream it then it will come true will change that fact

. Grow up - Face up - Give up...American is coming!

- Beezer

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Im pretty sure everyone can see, its pretty obvious.
What makes an occupation of a country wrong...
Well, If occupying a country was nessecary to remove someone of power whom is truley an evil, and wicked man...

nothing is stronger than mass population rioting.
not just a small coup attempt, but if your leader was that bad... where his country deserved to be occupied and destroyed.. youd expect the citizens to just totally rampage...
sure soilders would kill some people, but the overwhealming numbers of people storming palaces, and compounds would beat the government.

Unfortunately, in Iraq's case for example.. enough of the citizens were contempt with living under his regime, being they had shcools, hospitals.. sure tough laws were there.. but obvioulsy the entire country didnt 'not approve'

Its up to a country to fix itself FIRST.. before another country decides occupation is the right way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join