It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has happened, what are you going to do now ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks for contributing guys.
Maybe we can turn this around now..
walkinsilence,
tough call isnt it..
stay in your home hoping no harm comes your way?
Or cut your losses accept its going to get messy... and help your fellow man remove this invader..

History is written by the victors.. will you for ever want to be known as a terrorist in your own country?
Or a fighter prepared to lay down your life in the name of your land?
plus simply having friends capture or detained might immediately put a flag up against ur name.. so regardless if u sti tight and do everything right by the occupying force.. you could sitll wind up detained.

I read a few stories from the french underground during ww2.. If I could be around in any era. Id love to part of the resistance back then.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KLSyesca
i would become what the oppresser would call a guerilla or terrorist and destroy them till death!!! your own way of life or no life!!

Hey I like it.
Sorta thing you'd get tattooed on your groups arms..

what lengths would you go to, in terms if you capture an occupying soilder?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
By reviewing this thread, it is clear that you are frustrated by anyone who disagrees with you.

I would like to respectfully suggest that this is an unfair statement.

I have to agree. The "point" of the original post was clear to me.

What's also clear to me is the pathetic behaviour displayed in this thread.

by this point, if you're like me, you've forgotten what the topic was. Understandable. After all, it was lost in a sea of nationalist patriotism of the most vulgar kind.

The topic is a scenario presented in the first post on the first page. Put the flags away and get back to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is a terrible thing to think about of course for any nation. Doesn't matter what country gets invaded the people of that land will and should stand up for their country.

So given this I myself and family would probably try and disappear far into our mountains and stay out of sight as much as possible. The reason for this is to get my kids out of harms way. Of course if this was not an opition then I would try hard to stand up for my country. I would prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

All I can truly hope is that this will never happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We would react in the same way some of the Iraqis do. Try to kill the invader, or cooperate...simple. Just in our case, the Russkies would of course be the bad guys and deserving of everything they got

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'd sit back and enjoy the fallout, before I died of cancer.

There wouldn't be any Russia left. Nor the Ukraine, Georgia, or any of the Stans for that matter. At least not after our Massive Retaliation wiped both the Hammer and Sickle straight off the map - leaving behind thousands of Ivan and Greta Does to make cave paintings, and rediscover how to make fire.

When ELF communications cease, 2016 trident nuclear warheads are launched when 14 Ohio class submarines rise to the surface of our world's oceans and fire their payloads into the sky.

The United States has a TRIAD defense system of roughly 10,000 nuclear weapons, comprised of submarines, long range bombers, and ICBMs. Even if, somehow, Russia were be able to wipe out the entire American west, and destroy our ICBMs, AND wipe out every long range bomber in our arsenal, they would never be able to reach our submarines.

Roughly 30% of the world's population dies during the first 24 hours. The tradewinds pick up the fallout, and carry it across the globe, so 50% are dead and dying by the second week. By the end of the first year, 80% of the world's population are dead, dying from cancer, or praying they were.

Unlike a limited nuclear exchange, in which the contamination would naturally disperse after 3-5 weeks, 16000 nuclear warhead detonating around the globe would drive people underround. The resulting ice age would make surviving on the surface without sunlight impossible.

There, people will continue to fight for any remaining clear food and water...and there won't be much. Imagine THE ROAD WARRIOR, and you have a pretty good idea of what happens next.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
LMAO!

Well first of all... Russia starts bombing cities on the Western Seaboard the US will fight back.

To occupy a country you need infrastructure. You honestly think with all the weapons in the USA that Russia would have half a second to setup bases within the US?

Russia would know the consequences of invading the USA wouldn't be worth getting some revenge for something the Mexicans did. Even if the US openly admitted to supporting them.

If you're making an attempt to create a scenario similar to Iraq but involving the USA you've made a pretty poor effort.

1. You've come up with the most ridiculous hypothetical situation imaginable
2. This would never happen in your US scenario:-

May 22, 2003- The UN Security Council approves a resolution acknowledging U.S./UK as occupying powers in Iraq and lifts sanctions.

3. Terrorism was one of 3 reasons Iraq was attacked. That's the only reason you cover in your scenario. For your scenario to be matched to Iraq there would have to proof the USA is hiding illegal weapons and democracy would have to have collapsed first.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Scenario:

Russia has just suffered a chemical attack on its citizens in St PetersBerg.
The governemnt immediately releases photos, video's and audio's of Mexican immigrants... planning and cheering in a dustbowl village there newly aquired bomb, and there plans to detonate it in Russia.

Russia declares a war on Mexian Terrorists...

And cites america as being its next door neighbour, in facilitating and helping these mexian terrorists.

They offer vague pictures of american border agents attempting to stop mexian immigrants.. but failling to caputre them all.
They show you proof of Various mexican criminal working in the LA area.

They declare America an axis along with Mexico, one that threatens the very life of russian citizens.

The russians bomb all western seaboard cities to the ground.. send in hundereds of thousands of troops into LA, Seattle and occupy the western front, declare the administration an outlawed regime ( god I wish ) and advise all citizens anyone whom resists the liberating force, will be considered an insurgent, and detained.

You as a now, occupied american citizen .. what would you do ?

Ok getting back to the original post.
First I would find you and turn you in as a enemy colaborator.
Second I would make sure that the evil Bush goes Sadam on you just so you know what that is really about so that people like you can stop comparing our government to Nazis or any of the other popular heros you seem to have.

Maybe they will take all of the females in your family and have them raped by one of their squads in a palace in Iraq.
And then they will take your parents and throw them in a pit with wild dogs so you can watch them be torn apart.

Then and only then will you understand the diffrence between what we have done in Iraq and the history of what true evil is in the world.
The biggest problem here is that you still think that there is a diffrence between Democrats and Republicans.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

This is a SCENARIO...

Trying to draw compaisons as to what you'd do as an WRONGFULLY OCCUPIED COUNTRY...

Of course there's other political and realisitc approaches here..

but seriously, imagine the US had no nukes, no major world standing.. and ud just been invaded by a bigger, strong country under reasons that never existed...

what would you, as an occupied american citizens do ?

Depends on what opinions I would have in a scenario based US that had no world standing. Would we have free media access or would there be a STATE RUN media system like in many of the countries that have no world standing. If there is no FREEDOM OF INFORMATION then I would probably be inclined to believe what my government sent to me via state-based media. So if the US had loved Russia prior to their invasion and hated Mexico ... I would welcome them with a parade and some home-baked treats; But if the US had loved Mexico and hated Russia, well then I would despise them and do everything I could to sabotage their plans.

Everything in this world is different based on ones individual perspective. That's why I can think that government "A" is good but someone else can believe them to be pure evil. Who's right?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I regret making this post as people just cant relax a bit and maybe consider this and what they would do.

everyone brands these iraqis as monsters.. but i gaurantee if it happened to you, you'd all seek the same actions.

Im saddened that no one on here has the maturity to just debate that simple point.
At no time was this a bush bashing thread, and anti american thread.

All I wanted was to stir emotion and make you think for yourself

hey.. if it was me, id be doing the same damn thing..
Instead of labeling them monsters..
Blaine, Iwas actually about to answer your scenario point by point...
without bringing up america or anything..

but why bother? i mean im just trolling for points at the same time contiuing my anti america agender huh ?

man, what happened to this site.
you could post somethign without little kids attacking you simply cause they dont agree with you.

sigh...what a joke.

I think the majority of the people here are mature and willing to have an open debate on almost any topic. I stumbled across ATS about a month ago and compared to most of the other message boards out there, this is a great place for insightful debate. Where you can actually learn something from the other side of the fence for whatever topic is being discussed. Of course, people are people and emotions can run high so people write ill-mannered responses, hopefully we can ignore those few and continue on.

I already responded to your post ... I think I understood the scenario as trying to get us to understand the Iraqi side of the argument.

My post addressed what I thought was the main problem in Iraq (other than we had weak reasons for going in the first place) ... which to me is the pre-exisiting US hatred from the 1st war, the UN (not US) imposed sanctions and the propoganda sent out to the Iraqi people who had access only to controlled media. Of course they hate Americans ... the last 6 years while they were starving they were told it was because the Americans wouldn't allow them to import food. Were they told about the Food-For-Oil program and lots of questionable diversons by the Iraqi government to further enrich the upper class while allowing the poor to suffer?

There are many other issues in the country such as the centuries old Sunni-Shia fighting which was kept incheck by a brutal, albeit effective, leader. Now with no one to curtail them they are attacking each other with brute force.

Yes, if I were an Iraqi chances are that I would have some issues with us being there ... but I think a lot of that would due to the information I had to make those decisions with.

My 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

but seriously, imagine the US had no nukes, no major world standing.. and ud just been invaded by a bigger, strong country under reasons that never existed...

what would you, as an occupied american citizens do ?

I think American citizens would be very different if USA had no nukes and no major world standing. They wouldn't have the 'lets go kick some ass' thing in them. Though I still think there would be a large resistance especially against Russia.

Yeah it's a shame that people can't use their imaginations, I don't think they know the meaning of scenario. Agit8dChop have a look at this board, there's usually a few scenario things on there or you can start one without worrying about kids being silly - www.strategypage.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Cheers Mal, Ill check it out.
Its always good too jump on alternative sites now n then.
Specially when people fail to use there god given maturity on site with such potential as ATS.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
No worries. Maybe the mods of ATS could think about starting a board for war scenarios? I'm sure they would have a big input as threads are always turning into USA vs whoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join