It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman snaps pics of creature in her yard.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
it appears to have an almost human foot. Look how long it is!

Theres nothing suggesting anythign other than a domestic animal. Cats have long feet. They walk on their toes. I think that this women can be expected to know the difference between a baboon and a cat. She saw more of it than is in the picture.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
IMO That is a mountain lion

Long legs- cant be bobcat or feral
big body- isn't shaped like a dog in haunches... (little blurry though)
color could be mountain lion
tail looks very pantherish...

previous resident of the area confirmed mountain lion as possibility, due to previous situations...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The joints of the legs indicate a canine though not the same breed as shown in the refrence picture or the exact same angle I would anyone not seeing a dog of somesorts needs to have their eyes examined.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would think dog, but the shoulders look more feline, and the tail is very pantherish...

and by the size, the only cat that fits is mountain lion, which would also have the chance at that color...

but funny looking dog might work... but NOT a hyena...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
While the picture is fuzzy, i also do not see monkey.

Weird ears, odd body style, long hinds and funky tail?

I'm going with rhodesian ridgeback, the thing that appears to be a hump could be the blurred distintictve ridge that gives the dog it's name.

www.akc.org...

Can't say definitely of course but throwing it out there.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'd say a feral dog.

Not a bobcat. Not a mountain lion. Not a coyote.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
no body listens its a tasmanian tiger

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
" would think dog, but the shoulders look more feline, and the tail is very pantherish... "

If it were a mountain lion it's coloor would be brighter and I know they are a brighter color then that and as for shoulders. you really cannot see them that well because of the vegitation blocking the front of the dog.

Though this is not anatomically correct i attempted to recreate the rest of the body with paint

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
For the love of Mike....STOP....I've seen that ass for years.......Pit Bull Mix in mid stride!!! No big secret!!!!! Questions, please..........

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
At first I thought it looked like a monkey. But the 'foot' part that looks humanish looks like the hock part of a dogs back legs. I think its a dog.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

It's a dog IMHO...

A malnourished dog with quite possibly the mange...

The "funky tail" is because the tail has been broken at some point in it's life...

Scroll down untill you see the broken tail of this dalmation, it looks the same...

ourworld.compuserve.com...

It's near the bottom...

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
no doubt in my mind the hind quarters are canine. as mentioned, notice the long achilles tendon and raised up metatarsels. (not correct anatomy, but you get the drift) the brindle markings are very canine like

greyhound is a good guess, but what is throwing me is the front end.

Is the pink/red patch an ear ? maybe a disfigured or wounded ear ?

is that a small lower jaw I see, very non-canine like, but very feline or maybe even primate ?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Its build is far too slight to suggest mountain lion. Mountain lions are very stocky critters.

It is a quick picture of a skinny dog.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"Is the pink/red patch an ear?"

It is actually part of the vegitation (pink flower)

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OK, lets go with the pink/red patch is a flower bud.

Do you see the outlince just below that ? Is that an open jaw, like a panting position ?

I'd have to vote brindle canine, but it is an interesting pic

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I grew up in the Omaha area, and what you got there is probably your typical Missouri Valley griffin. The give-away is the eagle head with the large beak. They live in roosts in the hills along the banks of the river, and swoop down and pick carp out of it for food. Unlike European griffins, that have bodies that look a lot like mountain lions (cougar, puma), Missouri Valley griffins look more like dogs in the body. They mostly come out in the Fall, for mating season, but now there's a lot more encroachment by housing developments in the area. So if the weather is dry and the river low, they'll come out and see if they can swoop down and get a small dog or rabbit (even a small deer) for food. Sometimes farmers shoot at them, but they're not supposed to, because they're endangered.

You can make out the head and beak pretty clearly in the picture, although you don't get a very good look at the wings.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The last time I took the advice of a necromantic squirrel with a jesus complex I ended up with a crappy time share in Taos and a toaster oven that burned absolutely everything I put in it...exclusive free gift my eye.

Pretty funny though...for an evil squirrel.

Spider

Still putting my money on rhodesian ridgeback, them some cool lookin dogs.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not sure if this is related or not.

www.ketv.com...

Basically, in the past few weeks, there have been a ton of animal attacks in the Tiburon part of the Omaha metro area. It's roughly 6-8 miles between where this woman took the picture, and Tiburon.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Looks very canine to me, skinny, but a canine.

Looking at the site, and all of the comments, Thain has got this right.

It is no Ape, nor is it a Cat (Feral or Wild Puma/Bobcat)

From the "Hindquarter" photo, this will be a Dog.

Looking at this, I would say it is from one of the following.

A Starved Pitbull, (although this would not be my Choice of a guess)
A Doberman. (this would be My BEST guess)
A Boxer (If it's not a Dobe)

All three, do have this coloration but the Bone structure resembles a Doberman's the most. This also takes into consideration of the barreling leading to the Chest area.

But as others have noted, how hard can it be to get a picture? I mean a good one. Or maybe she's having her 15 minutes, because of her sloppy photo skills?

Ciao

Shane

Edit: Looking at these photos more, I am wondering if this may even be a Mastiff. I did not think the "Size" of the Subject, was quite that large, but perspective could be misleading in this respect. It maybe just that L A R G E

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Shane]

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
no body listens its a tasmanian tiger

Very good and it certainly does look a little like the tassie tiger pictures that we see but I have to vote for dog. A cross breed of some type but a dog.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join