It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman snaps pics of creature in her yard.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
To me, It looked like a type of wild Boar(hog)

Hogs are typical in wooded areas and sometimes find their way into populated areas.

Not sure what kind of Hog this is, but I will do some research later into what kind of hog this really is..

Some hogs can be very dangerous! They have two front teeth that act like razor blades.. Thats why I am guess it might be a razor back Hog..

edit--debugged post

[edit on 25-8-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
its a monkey. sike, i dont know. let me look closer. why dont people just grab a bat and kill these things so we can examine it later. im sure there is at least another one around somewhere. but in the mean time, we have evidence of possibly something new.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by jimmy1200]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

A monkey??? I saw a Hog... I think we are looking at two different pics..
Where is this thread at now??? We still looking at the OP links for this..
if you see a monkey... Im sertinly looking at the wrong picture..hehe

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A cat ?? Where did that come from..not saying it's not but weird reading this from a scientific POV.

Canine ..more likely to feline ,much more ..but then the head makes no sense for canine..any one of them.

Baboon i can see ..here is why ...

Colours of face ,differs in different types ..some are pink,blue & on some have various colours in the head area.On the coast we have ones with blue faces and pink/red ..or both.

The strut ..note tail ,lower back..

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Infiltrator

to me the beast or animal in subject looks like a baboon the hind legs and tail but i could be wrong

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

You might be on to something here, there are similarities.

Here's the original picture with your's underneath.

I'm still betting it's some kind of dog though.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Anyone that knows anything about dogs sees a dog.
Now I can see why some people are seeing greyhound, but let me tell you, I think the pit bull people have it.
The fact of the matter is that true, pure bred pit bulls have a more rangy body, not too much unlike a greyhounds, with a thicker, heavier front end... And many 1-3rd generation crosses, depending on the other parent breeds, maintain that rangy body.
Also, pit bull have a tendency to have a tail break like what is being shown, without even ever having their tails broken. It is a genetic defect carried over from their bull fighting ancestors. The tail itself looks to be about the same thickness as a pit bulls tail...
And the brindle color really narrows down the breed of dog it can be.
I just can't go with boxer, because they are taller on their legs than this dog seems to be, and the hindquarters don't have the short stifle of the pit bull, but is rather long stifled.
Anyway, here are some top dogs in the breed. Not to Vick myself, but I happen to believe that dogs of this ilk are more likely to be pure and truer bred than anything the AKC will ever churn out.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by FalseParadigm]

EDIT: I can't get the images to place, sorry, just follow the links.. You'll have to copy/paste likely, sorry.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by FalseParadigm]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The Baboon comparison certainly looks convincing.

I do however notice that the body structure appears to be considerably longer in the Mystery beast photo.

That's assuming the 'discoloured' part of the body is actually foliage of some type, causing the contrast between the colors.

At my first glance I thought that area may have been the head or the face, but if you look further beyond that point, you can see a fair distance between front and back legs.

My thoughts still however point to the Baboon theory, as far off as that may be.

Good find qonone

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The fur is short and brindled in the pic, whereas baboon fur is longer, softer and not brindle. The most logical explanation must always be taken into consideration first (there's some term for that that I can't think of,) and in this case, a dog seems more likely than a baboon.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm putting my money an a fox or coyote with mange.
Here is a link to pic that shows a similar construction of its Hind quarters & legs.

ken.ashford.typepad.com/blog/2006/03/mysterious_anim.html
Sorry I can't see to get the link avove to work. I type it in correctly but it os cut off when I post it.

gaming.unlv.edu...

Here is another fox with a bad case of mange
www.unknowncountry.com...

www.startribune.com...

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i definatly think its a dog but it could be a cross rather than a pedagree which if it was a stray could be really possible

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is some kind of dog perhaps a pit or boxer. Looking abit hungry the pink you are seeing could be perhaps the flowers its collar or even a bandana around its neck.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
To those who keep insisting that this looks like an ape of some kind, you need to look closer at the legs. At first it also appeared to be a baboon to me as well, until I noticed the knees.
All apes that I am aware of have knees the same as humans, forward bending:

The creature in the photo has backward bending knees of a quadruped, such as a large canine or feline:

[edit on 9/26/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
All apes that I am aware of have knees the same as humans, forward bending:

All wrong defcon5. That which you show as the knee is actually the heal of the foot. This creature is walking on its toes - like a dog etc. The knee is higher up at the first bend.

So i would venture at it being some sort of dog. Perhaps not a pure bread at that.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Ok, maybe its not the knee per say, I never said I was a veterinarian.

However, you can see that the structure of the bones follows with a quadruped, not with simian structure.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
How can an expert come up with the surmise that its a feral cat!

Have a look at the back of it. It's CLEARLY a dog!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Ok, maybe its not the knee per say, I never said I was a veterinarian.

LOL, no you didn't say that at all.

However, you can see that the structure of the bones follows with a quadruped, not with simian structure.

Agreed. It is a quadruped as you say. And i am not a vet either

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It looks like a mix-breed for me. Can't the women take a better shot?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pragmatist Centrist
It looks more like a dog (pit bull or other bull terrier) than a cat to me.

My very first thought on that precisely. Looks like a Game Bred Pit, but starving.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It looks more like a pig than anything, a wild boar or something. I dunno... maybe a primate of some sort?

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join