It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Four 2: Galactus!!!! Your official information on the next FF movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Okay the subtitle isn't official but guess who's the villain.
Go on guess.

Oh, alright then

Which is an umbrella term involving the guy with more screentime than his master

From superherohype.com

"It's a couple of years later and we get to see what their life is like. What else is there for them to accomplish, what issues are in their lives, where's Doom?"

Regarding Galactus: "They'll be some pretty big surprises. What we're trying to do is not to show him, but to show someone else, initially."

Jessica Alba had this to say:

"The four of us learn that there are other people out there with superpowers, and the Silver Surfer appears as a villain/hero. And another villain comes in as well. My character, Susan Storm, has another love triangle and may use a power people haven't seen before. She's the most powerful of the four."

Now all we can do is wait, and wonder "Actually, where the Hell is Doom?" IMO he will make an appearance and attempt to drain the Power Cosmic out of Surfer and/or Galactus (pfft yeah right)

Now we wait. I'm going to scour the cosmos for signs of the Devourer

To me, my board!

[edit on 12/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm sure FF2 will be every bit as excellent as FF1.
Someday I'll have to go see it.
Or maybe wait until it comes on cable.
Or just space it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This will be a movie worth watching if they can pull it off

The first FF movie kinda sucked.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i kinda liked it. Doom could have put more effort into his role. Doom is supposed to be a self righteous melodramatic villain. He uses grand gestures and says things like "So speaks Doom." and "If anyone shall take the day, it will be Doom!"

The guy playing him (can't remember his name. He's from nip/tuck and Charmed though). He didn't even look like he wa senjoying it. When he shot his lightning bolts his hands just opened at the side of his body. Not a raise, or a yell, or cry of emotional angst when he lost.

Hopefully they'll get a suitable voice actor for Galactus. I hope he will be all CG cos those supersized normal actors look kinda sucky.

Can't wait to hear
"I HUNGER"

[edit on 14/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I liked the first one, as well. I'm no fan of the comic whatsoever, so I had no expectations when I watched it.

I think that the proposed silver-screen likeness of the Silver Surfer will be really sweet.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Who is playing The Silver Surfer?

One rumour that has been making its way around the Internet in recent weeks is this one about Vin Diesel possibly playing The Silver Surfer in “The Fantastic Four 2”. I’m sure you’ve all heard it. And the rumour mill went [further] into overdrive last week, when it was announced that Diesel had left his new film “Black Water Transit” – for undisclosed reasons.

That rumour? Not true. It is on the fast track to the recycle bin. Wham. Bam. Boom. No xXx fighting alongside the troops in blue, I’m sorry to say. Whatever reason Diesel left “Transit”, has nothing to do with “FF2”.

The film’s director, Tim Story, told me this morning that although The Silver Surfer is indeed in the movie, it won’t be Vin Diesel playing him.

“No truth to it”, Story said, when asked about the Diesel rumours. “The Surfer will be a new CGI design being developed especially for the movie. It's going to be incredible”.

It looks like they will only be looking for a voice or maybe do the Surfer like Golem was done.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Now this has great potential.

I didn't really enjoy the first FF movie, but then I have never been a huge fan of their comics either. Galactus, however, makes this a whole new ball game. I applaud the decision to show him but sparingly, if at all. Too often Marvel's cosmic entities suffer from over-exposure.

I can't wait until the Surfer confronts the FF:

Surfer: So, you know, what sort of powers have you got?
Reed: Well, I can stretch. Check it out!
Sue: I can turn invisible.
Ben: I'm a rock-like monster!
Johnny: I can turn into a human torch! Look ... hot stuff, comin' through!
Surfer: ... ... ... You guys are cactus ...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think it would be pretty cool to have Galactus as an indirect entity, existing only through his Herald, until it's too late.

I wonder if SS will be a good or bad guy in the movie. What I mean is, will this be before or after his revolt against Galactus? It will most likely be both. Maybe his own movie?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Galactus isn't going to be overexposed. He's going to be there...but not there (profound!)
I think that the SS will take centre stage for alot of the movie until he has a moral dilemma and revolts. Then we will see the big (metaphorically and literally speaking) guy!

I do think I read somewhere that SS will appear in his own movie. If he does I hope its not as sad as his series where he just flew around being whiny and saying "Shalla-Bal" and moaning about how sad he is for what he did. I understand his feelings and all, but I don't wanna hear about them!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Marvel finally makes it official.

www.marvel.com...

Surf into a Sequel

You may have caught the wave of exciting news about the upcoming Fantastic Four sequel. In case you haven't gotten your head above water, the announcement is that the Sentinel of the Spaceways will be joining Marvel Comics' first family in the sequel to the 2005 blockbuster, expected in theaters in Summer of 2007 . . . In other words, it's official, the Silver Surfer will appear in the Fantastic Four sequel!

The cast of the original Four will be returning, with Ioan Gruffudd as Mr. Fantastic, Michael Chiklis as the beloved blue-eyed Thing, Chris Evans as the fiery Human Torch, and the even hotter Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman. Keep your radars scanning for more cosmic buzz on the super-powered sequel expected to hit the screens next summer.

Also Doug Jones (Hellboy's Abe Sapien) neither confirms or denies rumors that he will be Norrin Radd/Silver Surfer.
www.superherohype.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
More suspicious behavior from Doug Jones.

www.nowplayingmag.com

I'm not breaking any news to tell you that there's a film coming called The Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer. That is public knowledge," he laughs. "It begins filming in Vancouver in August. So I would hope sometime around then that any other passing news regarding that film would be announced.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am almost as hyped about seeing Surfer and Galactus as I a about seeing another Marvel movie and its villain.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
More from Doug Jones

www.ifmagazine.com

iF: Are you still waiting for word on the big Marvel Superhero project - FANTASTIC FOUR AND THE SILVER SURFER?

JONES: As I'm standing at the store that sells lovely beautiful shimery silver colored outfits, I'm standing at the checkout, and my credit card is still in the approval process, but as a I look to my left and to my right I see that there are no other people waiting there. [Laughs] It's just one of those things.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This movie is now called, Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer.

superherohype.com...\

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
FF was an ok movie, only part i liked was Jessica Alba...haha

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Regarding Galactus..

Hopefully they won't go the easier route and explain it off as a giant robotic swarm of insects.

Hopefully this movie will actually hold depth to the Surfer's sacrifice against Galactus and subsequent banishment towards earth, AND NOT the eradication or otherwise of Galactus.

Ultimate Nullifier will be sweet if it's in.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I had hoped (vainly) that Tony Jay would reprise the role. He played him in the Silver Surfer series and F4.

Unfortunately, Tony Jay, one of the greatest voice actors of all time died recently.

So whoever hopes to fill his shoes has a job convincing me.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Silver Surfer will be ‘Gollum’ style.

Silver Surfer will be played by Doug Jones and the Silver will be digitally created on screen in a similar way to Gollum in Lord of the Rings.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Jeez, that bold, red font scared the hell outta me!!

Before I read the rest of your post I suddenly had a picture of the Surfer on Galactus' shoulder.

"Zhalabal. My precious Zhalabal. My precious Zenn-La."

I hope he doesn;t moan too much in this film. I like the Surfer and all of his nigh-on omnipotence, but he moans like baby. You just wanna smack him!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Check this out.

www.thedougjonesexperience.com...

I am thrilled out of my mind. It has been so difficult for me to sit on this developing news, with all the casting speculation happening on the web. As my research into this character continues, I am falling more and more in love with him ... his valiance, his nobility, his stance for truth, hope, faith, and his history of self-sacrifice. So I fully understand why his fans are talking so much about his introduction appearance in this sequel, and why they would be concerned with who plays him.

SS is going to be awesome

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join