It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
General john jumper's jump(star)gate.
err. hey, that was the name of a film.

the coincedences pile up.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hey YOU there you are

Call me

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
K...glad to hear it...I was getting worried.

I thought everyone had ascended and Left me Behind!

Hope all goes well for Beth and work slows down a bit.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh, please tell me you're kidding...John Jumper?!!!

As in Lt. Colonel "John" Sheppard who is the military leader of the Atlantis Expedition and "Jumper" as in the name of their er...for lack of a better term their "RunAbout" (Star Trek DS9 terminology)?

I do declare these people are certainly playing somewhat of a cat and mouse game!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalana Dax
I do declare these people are certainly playing somewhat of a cat and mouse game!

Well as far as mice go, my name is Jerry

Here is a section of a recent Air Force Press Release...

In the Air Force Space Commands Press Release... After the point of contact... there is an interesting reference...

History

Missile warning and space operations were combined to form Air Force Space Command in 1982. During the Cold War, space operations focused on missile warning, and command and control for national leadership. In 1991, Operation Desert Storm provided emphasis for the command's new focus on support to the warfighter. ICBM forces were merged into AFSPC in 1993.

Point of contact

Air Force Space Command
Public Affairs Office
150 Vandenberg St., Suite 1105
Peterson AFB, CO 80914-4500

(719) 554-3731 or DSN 692-3731

In Popular Culture

In the popular TV series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, the Stargate Program is run by the Air Force Space Command. The AF Space Command Patch was worn on the uniform of personnel aboard the Prometheus, Earth's first operational deep space battle cruiser.

So the SG-1 TV show uses REAL Space Command badges

Yup yup I know "JUST COINCIDENCE"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Under "Sponsors"

SG-1 lists...

* Act One Script Clearance script research
* David Cowan Enterprises Inc. computer engineering
* Department of the Air Force we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of
* Energy Film stock footage
* Gastown Post and Transfer post-production services
* Rainmaker Digital Pictures post-production services
* Sharpe Sound Studios re-recorded by
* Stargate SG-1 Productions Limited Partnership production services provided by
* U.S. Department of Defense we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of
* U.S. Space Command we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of

www.imdb.com...

Airforce, Department of Defence AND Space command...

THREE government agencies for one little TV show?

Yupper that is PURE COINCIDENCE

And my favorite...

Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued for stealing the storyline from someone who submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). The person that sued the men (a student of Egyptology) even had a well-respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

www.imdb.com...

Trivia.... Indeed !

[edit on 14-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great posts Zorgon.... I had no idea that they used the real badges in SG. Hrm..... more food for thought.

-fm

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's interesting how the characters from a portal of exit seem to come out rather forcefully and sloppily, almost as if they have no control over their landing 'softly' at their point of designation. I'd say that's close to being reality if not just very subjective from a bunch of science fiction folks.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

In the early episode they showed them exiting the gate and were cold, a little frost on them They stopped that quickly but it was curious...

It would make sense that they 'continue' the momentum they entered with... and being as your molecules would be scattered, perfect 'in step' alignment on 'rematerialization seems unlikely... In Sliders they were just dumped out at random

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thats a very intersting point Zorgon..... But wouldnt it make more sence for them to not be frosted after going through a wormhole? Would they be in that environmrnt for long enough to be cold?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Perhaps an EXPERT (in mass and energy) could jump into this thread and help us figure out how a fast moving object could travel from a point to another point without freezing. My guess is that an object going through a wormhole (or stargate, whatever they are called) retains its original form and temperature. A word ‘turnpike’ just came to mind. It’s the closest visual example I received in order to explain a toll or fare in order to ‘cross over’ in the shortest amount of time. I dunno.

[edit on 2008-5-20 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Im thinking that it might be something to do with where you actualy travel.... like..... there must be some point where you are going through space and as a result (even going through that little amount of space) you would get at least a little cold. Just my thoughts on it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Whatever the case may be, I think it's pertinent to note that humans
could not use the gates of antiquity, only the hybrids or their progenitors,
could do so. In the tv shows, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, only
people with the "ancient gene" could manipulate the technology, when the gate access was outside our own galaxy. I think this is a partial truth and that in reality, the "ancient gene" is necessary for all the gates, galatic or intergalctic (and maybe even interdimensional?).

[edit on 20-5-2008 by undo]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think you take tv too seriously.

while there may indeed be gateways we don't know what their purpose is and the writers of stargate do NOT have any real secret knowledge on their use.

They created these things as works of fiction. Yes they may have created the stories from personal creative theories based on actual objects but that does not make their stories or theories factual and real.

It is possible of course but you are proposing this as fact. In truth it is not proven fact. It is all theory.

It also feels like you are using this thread as a marketing tool . You have been riding a thin line in regards to the ATS terms of service and use since this thread started.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It also feels like you are using this thread as a marketing tool .

This thread is 2 years old. I haven't sold a single book, video, DVD, or CD, nor put them up for sale. My site has no advetising on it, so I don't make money that way either. I haven't made a single penny from this thread nor have I attempted to or my website, although it has cost me money to maintain. However, OTHER people who write books on the subject, have incorporated MY research into their books and sold it to people without acknowledging my contributions, ATS' venue or even informing me that they learned the data here on this thread and asking for permission from me and the other posters who contributed, to put it in their books.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
It also feels like you are using this thread as a marketing tool . You have been riding a thin line in regards to the ATS terms of service and use since this thread started.

I would say making an 'accusation' like that is crossing the line of the T&C, especially as you offer no proof to this 'alleged' income

If I were you I would think an apology is in order

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I said "feels like" that is not an accusation it is a statement of opinion I did not say that she WAS using it as such.. I said it FEELS like she is using it as a marketing tool.

I find it hard to believe that with all your self promotion links in your sig that you are not making any income from hits to that site in any way shape or form.

You have NO sponsors? None at all?

If you make no money whatsoever off of any of those websites in any way shape or form.. then you have my apologies.

Can you state honestly that you recieve no proceeds from traffic to those websites at all?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

yep! i can state it emphatically. you realize, of course, there are authors on ATS who do make money off their work. You know the special folks? What? I'm not special? Oh heck, I knew THAT already.

thelivingmoon is not my website, by the way. it belongs to zorgon. if he makes money off of it, that's fine by me. in fact, i don't mind if you make money. isn't that an incredible idea? other people making money off their theories. tell ya wha, you can write a book about how you think i'm a crook and make money off of it.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by undo]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I find it hard to believe that with all your self promotion links in your sig that you are not making any income from hits to that site in any way shape or form.

You have NO sponsors? None at all?

If you make no money whatsoever off of any of those websites in any way shape or form.. then you have my apologies.

Can you state honestly that you recieve no proceeds from traffic to those websites at all?

As Undo has pointed out The Living Moon is my site and so is Pegasus

There are NO ADS nor DONATION boxes on the site... it is all provided out of my pocket...

So the same with Beth's Stargate, Podcast and Ancient Lexicon site

So your apology is accepted

Also you ARE of course aware that ATS where we the members post FREE content because we enjoy it IS in fact a business that DOES make money of what I and Undo type? But seeing as we are not partners in that venture, it is a mute point

But heck every few weeks one like you comes along with comments like this... So maybe I will go commercial...

LOL I could use a few bucks...

Even Phil Plait from Bad Astronomy who debunks everything we say makes big bucks from book sales and lecture tours

Now if your on an anti money crusade go talk to William Henry

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join