It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well then you both have my apologies.. and yes I am on an anti-profit crusade.
Anyone that has real knowledge and wants to share it with others to help mankind, would not be doing it for 19.95 plus shipping and handling.

Anyone who is really trying to forward insight and truth would do it for no cost.. because everyone deserves to know the truth.. not just those with money.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There's a correction on the Secrets of Sumer site, which is not linked in my sig anyway, I have a list of books from Amazon.com that I found interesting and linked up with their book covers from the right hand column of the site. However, if i have made money from people buying those books, Amazon.com sure didn't send it to me! It says you have to sell at least 100 dollars worth in any given month to get a percentage of any sales from your book links. the only people making money off my secrets of sumer site are amazon.com and the original authors of the books - patrick heron, samuel noah kramer, erich von dankien, finis dake, graham hancock, guy malone, etc. and it's unlikely they made much of anything from my site, because it's a relatively uknown site. especially since i couldn't afford to maintain it on its original address and had to move it to a subfolder of thestargates.com

anyway, i still can't believe people come in here complaining that i'm trying to make money off this idea, while there are tons of examples of people who are actually making money off this entire idea and ATS in general. i haven't made a flippin' cent.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Nep

you wouldn't be able to post on this website if they didn't make money to pay their bills. so are you on a crusade to stop ATS from making money? just let me know. seems to me that some folks like to "bottleneck" the flow of information by only trying to hamper those ideas they disagree with, while contributing generously to those ideas they do agree with.

and never realizing it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

ATS does not charge a member fee for posting. They make their money off of ads yes. However they do not charge the individual directly for the opportunity to share that information. If they had gone about it in that way then yes I would have a problem with it.
This site costs alot to maintain and I would never begrudge them the need to pay the bills. That is not even close to the same thing as someone going to a site that is not their own and using that sites bandwidth to promote something of their own to make money for their own endeavors. That sort of thing I do not endorse. You don't go to someone elses home and set up ads at their dinner party.

BTW I already apologized above but it seems that it is not being accepted so I will move on now and leave you to your theories. good day.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

you aren't the first person to accuse me of this. it's odd but here it is 2 years later, and i'm still getting the same accusations. it's an effort to stifle anyone you disagree with from being able to "pay their bills."
haven't i and the other researchers in this thread, earned the right to recoup their expenses? apparently not.

what kind of an apology is it that says -- oh, you haven't made money, great!
information is information. had my site been peppered with advertisements, you would've complained that i might make money off the ads. you don't care about the free flow of data, you care about controlling who makes money and who doesn't.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm going to break one of my own holy codes here, and post on a thread that I haven't read in it's entirety. I have spent much time trying, but it seems to grow exponentially whenever I try to pick up where I've left off.

Which leads me to this conclusion. Anyone who thinks this thread is being used for some kind of monetary profit has overlooked one of the basic principles of "User-generated-content-ecosystems". Threads that are started and perpetuated for that purpose do not end up being 109 pages long. The community simply wouldn't allow it.

ON-TOPIC: Are we taking TV and sci-fi too seriously? I think that's a pointed way of addressing a more evasive issue. I'll try to elaborate, but apologize in advance if it meanders.

I think that the USAF having a connection with the SG show franchise is curious, to say the least, but in my opinion would have more to do with deliberate disinfo, or furthering some kind of agenda. From what I gather from the thread, that's not entirely out-of-line with the OP and her colleagues' ideas.

I want to mention the concept of the 'collective consciousness' as well, and that there is enough "serendipity" involved in what many writers, artists and inventors come up with to suggest that some ideas might come from a separate, outside source.

From my own experience, I remember drawings I made when I was around 8 or 9 years old (circa 1980) ...I used to fill pages and pages with scenes of huge battles between tanks, jets & helicopters, vs disk-shaped ufos. The images were of a cross-section of the Giza Plateau, with the above action in the skies, while tank-treaded-drills (what I later learned are referred to as Tunnel-Boring-Machines) created a maze of tunnels under the Sphinx. Now I admit there was plenty of trash culture at the time to feed this imagery in my young mind (the original Battlestar Galactica, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Steve Martin's King Tut) but really, I was borderline obsessed with it, to the point where my mom was constantly trying to get me to draw other things.

When I saw the 1994 SG movie, the first thing I thought of was Nimrod, and the Tower of Babel. In the version of that story that I grew up with, Nimrod was trying to build a tower to reach the heavens, literally. God did not appreciate this effort, and kept "knocking down" the tower. After so many attempts, he gets so angry that he scrambles the languages of all of Nimrod's men, sending them packing to the 4 corners of the earth.

After seeing the film, it seemed obvious to me that a "tower to the heavens" was a metaphor for "gateway to the spirit world", which would've been harder for the reader to understand, I think. SO, imagine my surprise, when, after doing just a little bit of digging around, I find that this is a very common theory. Imagine my further surprise, in finding out the word "babel" means "gate"! After learning a little bit about Zecharia Sitchin, I realize how so much of my favorite sci-fi is derived from his work.

But which is the chicken, and which the egg? I'm not claiming to have access to this collective consciousness, but I do think it's kind of a weird thing for an 8 year old white boy in the Southwest USA to be obsessed with that kind of imagery. (I've also hallucinated very distinct Mayan hieroglyphics, but that's for another message board.)

Does anyone here remember the 1981 William's arcade game "Stargate"? this was my introduction to the term (not the concept, if you consider The Chronicles of Narnia, or A Wrinkle in Time, etc). I recall reading somewhere (probably in some of the Pegasus research) that Sitchin first discovered the concept while interpreting Sumerian texts in 1976. Has anyone uncovered any prior references (to the concept or the term)?

Here's that meandering I warned about earlier, but I also remember reading that L. Ron Hubbard and Jack Parsons accidentally opened a "portal" in 1947, and were unable to get it shut. The source I got this from presented an angle as this event being the reason for Roswell, and most UFO activity since.

Anyway, great thread, and may my eyes get sucked out by the wraith if every single thing I mention here exists somewhere else in these 109 pages. It would serve me right for breaking my own rule.

[Edit - Punctuation]

[edit on 5/20/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Anyone who is really trying to forward insight and truth would do it for no cost.. because everyone deserves to know the truth.. not just those with money.

Why? Do you know how much it costs in time and effort to do research? And when you do it for free where is the desire to share the truth... if all you get in return is ridicule and accusations?

May I ask what YOU personally have done in the effort to bring out the truth?

And it seems since I mentioned ATS is a business... you have changed your criteria...

It is now OK to recover the costs of maintaining a website as long as you don't charge admission?

Yet earlier you tell US we should have zero income on OUR site nor have any sponsors that would help us maintain OUR site that also has no admission fee

Sounds to me like you are a total hippocrit IMO

But thanks for your input and I am looking forward to your contributions to the truth

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If you go to SOMEONE ELSES site and use THEIR bandwidth to advertise something without paying the same fee any other commercial entity would and you make money off it.. then YES I have a problem with that..

and NO ats does not do that.

You are taking things and distorting them quite nicely though and like your associate I find you rude for continueing to argue after I apologized it seems you are sensitive in this matter.. but either way.. I am not discussing this further with people who are obviously not listening or else not comprehending what I am saying.

good day to you too.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

...Speaking of "serendipity", while I was posting the above about Nimrod, you were mentioning him in my thread. There is surprisingly little about him in the bible, but I have always gotten the impression that he was a member or descendant of the Nephilim. It definitely seems like he had access to "forbidden knowledge". I can picture him as an ambitious alchemist, with knowledge of the stargates, but not quite the skill to build his own.

I can't acknowledge a source for this, but I have read somewhere that "Nimrod" is the most important name in the Bible, in Freemasonry; that he's the "father of masonry". Of course I've seen other historical figures credited that way, and I take everything I read about Masonry with a grain of salt. But from what I can see, Nimrod is depicted in the bible as a an enemy of Jehovah. So not to go too off-topic here, but I can see that as being something hard for the Masonic-Christian to reconcile.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ackkkk just lost a long post in reply... dagnabit

I will redo the part on the 'collective consciousness' later but will answer this

Does anyone here remember the 1981 William's arcade game "Stargate"? this was my introduction to the term (not the concept, if you consider The Chronicles of Narnia, or A Wrinkle in Time, etc). I recall reading somewhere (probably in some of the Pegasus research) that Sitchin first discovered the concept while interpreting Sumerian texts in 1976. Has anyone uncovered any prior references (to the concept or the term)?

Prior to the Sumerians
I have nothing

But...

1968 to 1995
Project Stargate... a CIA psysops remote viewing project

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

You may have noticed how frequent the expression is "going into a deep Rabbit Hole" when talking black ops and gov. coverup...

There is a reason for this...

I call it the "Alice" code

The Alice and Wonderland is kind of an 'unofficial' code for things I find of interest

I will not give away too much... but...

Project Looking Glass - Los Alamos... time portal anyone?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alice Springs - Pine Gap CIA/NSA echelon base
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Alice Portal - Large Ion Collider Experiment CERN facility (the one the Russians think may open a time rift :wow

aliceinfo.cern.ch...

Now I have been down some VERY deep "Rabbit Holes" and I met the "Rabbit" we talked of many things and he gave me the secret of the "Cheshire Cat"... but he left me with sound advice, because if you ask to many questions, you will get a visit from 'The King's Men' and we all know what happened to 'Humpty Dumpty'

Hi, Ron...Good Morning!

Thanks for the note and you certainly touch on points of similiarity and interest (proving that great minds think alike!).

I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.

If you read the patent you'll understand the relevance to HAARP and the Stealth Bombers, etc. You're an intelligent man and I'm certain that you'll be able to make the connection. If you read US Patent XXXXXX, you'll understand (a little better) my connection to/with and collaboration with these men.

LOL...suffice it to say that the 'Predator' (as in the movie) is alive/living at Los Alamos!

BTW just for giggles... did you know that Bob Lazar is currently back working at Los Alamos?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo you don't care about the free flow of data, you care about controlling who makes money and who doesn't.

POOH Let's forget about all that and go sell something

Anyone wanna buy a Tin Foil Hat?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTariyou are sensitive in this matter.

Sensitive? No just tired of rehashing the same old puppy doodoos...

good day to you too.

Its been nice, door is always open... do stop by again sometime when you are ready to contribute to the data

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow, that's a lot of great Alice stuff - I appreciate the topic too, so that'll keep me busy for a while. Thanks!

Interesting side note: an associate of mine had a job working in a laboratory of some kind, her job was to run tests on minerals and metals. She told me once about having been shown proposals from different corporations and departments of government, wanting to hire the company she worked for to develop all kinds of crazy stuff. She said as far as she knew, all they did there was run various tests on materials, but one of the proposals she saw was for a "portable hole" ...Like the ones from "ACME" that various looney toons could unroll, drop on the ground and jump into. Some corporation or gov't department was willing to pay this company to develop a "portable hole". I have absolutely no reason not to believe my friend, I'm sure if she wanted to lie to me she could come up with something better. More believable!

But yeah, I didn't mean "pre-Sumerian" but, pre 1976, when the concept was uncovered by Sitchin. Your alice examples are definitely along the lines I'm looking for as well. I guess I'm also specifically wondering what influenced the makers of the 1981 video game. It was a sequel to the game Defender, which was pretty much the same, without stargates. Interestingly, the plot of both games involves protecting humans on the ground from alien invaders that swoop down and grab them. If they make it to the top of the screen, they become a hybrid "mutant" which is harder to kill. If all of the humans die, the planet explodes. In the second game, if you rescue 5 humans in mid-air and enter a stargate before returning them to the ground, you 'warp' ahead several levels.

[Edit - for wording]

[edit on 5/20/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Don't know if these have been mentioned before, but here
are some other video games with portals/stargates/teleportation:

One of my personal favs-

DOOM

The player takes the role of a nameless space marine (referred to as "Doomguy" or "The Doomguy" by many fans), "one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action", who has been deported to Mars for assaulting a senior officer when ordered to kill unarmed civilians. He is forced to work for the Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC), a military-industrial conglomerate that is performing secret experiments with teleportation between the moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos.

Like, Blackwater in space

Suddenly, something goes wrong and creatures from Hell come out of the teleportation gates, or "Gateways". A defensive response from base security fails to halt the invasion, and the bases quickly get overrun by demons; all personnel are killed or turned into zombies...

And a more recent title-

Half Life

Most of the game is set in a remote desert area of New Mexico in the Black Mesa Research Facility, a fictional complex that bears many similarities to both the Los Alamos National Laboratory and Area 51, during May or December (as seen on calendars in the game) of 200X, meaning it takes place sometime between the years 2000 and 2009. The game's protagonist is the theoretical physicist Gordon Freeman, a survivor of an experiment that goes horribly wrong when an unexpected "resonance cascade" – a fictitious phenomenon – rips dimensional seams, devastating the facility. Aliens from another world—known as Xen—subsequently enter the facility through these dimensional seams (an event known as the "Black Mesa incident")

Someone mention a portable hole?
Half Life: Portal

The game consists primarily of a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and other simple objects using the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (dubbed the "Portal Gun"), a unit that can create an inter-spatial portal between flat planes. The player character is challenged by an AI named "GLaDOS" to complete each puzzle in the "Aperture Science Enrichment Center" using the Portal Gun with the promise of receiving cake when all the puzzles are completed.

This basic concept of portals releasing hellish creatures is pretty popular.
Come to think of it, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had something similar:
Dimension X

Dimension X is a alternate dimension in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) 1987 cartoon series and the TMNT Adventures comics. Dimension X is the home of the evil alien Krang. Krang uses a dimensional portal inside the Technodrome for transportation between Dimension X and the Earth.

Lots of conditioning through the ages..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think it's clear that society has been conditioned to accept the scenario of "aliens" or "first contact". It's prevalent through the media (movies, books, games, etc). The idea of the dimensional portal is somewhat more primal. The idea of opening a door to another world is a recurring theme throughout the ancient world, persisting to today. While I think we are being deliberately conditioned, I don't think there is a group of humans sitting around promoting the idea. I think the TV shows, movies, etc are both following the market and following a muse -- I doubt they are conscious of the fact they are conditioning society. Make of that what you will..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Lots of conditioning through the ages..

Conditioning? or just tuning into the same 'frequencies'?

Jules Verne From the Earth to the Moon 1865

It tells the story of three well-to-do members of a post-American Civil War gun club who build an enormous sky-facing columbiad and launch themselves in a projectile/spaceship from it to a Moon landing

The story is also notable in that Verne attempted to do some rough calculations as to the requirements for the cannon and, considering the total lack of any data on the subject at the time, some of his figures are surprisingly close to reality.

The story bears similarities to the real-life Apollo program:

* Verne's cannon was named the Columbiad; the Apollo 11 command module was named Columbia.
* The spacecraft crew consisted of three persons in each case.
* The physical dimensions of the projectile are very close to the dimensions of the Apollo CSM.
* Verne's voyage blasted off from Florida, as did all Apollo missions. (Verne correctly states in the book that objects launch into space most easily if they are launched from the earth's equator. In the book Florida and Texas compete for the launch, with Florida winning.)

So which came first the Egg or the Chicken?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Asa to the term Stargate its not hard to thing it would be easily coined...

A gateway to the Stars after all...

History though is full of "Gateways to the Gods"

They are always huge... they are many times associated with bluish light and or water... and they were the way Gods could come to Earth or you could visit the Gods... IF you were 'prepared' in some way

I have pages on that , but to tired to post that right now

My favorite though is the 'dial home device' found in an ancient pre Tibetan ruin

Interesting thing is these ruins have never been properly explore yet, due ti the situation in Tibet

Also for the SG 1 fans... you remember "Thor's Hammer"?

That underground complex with the hammer shaped pillars?

Well it seems a site in Turkey (that will most likely rewrite the archeology books
) has found a similar set up..

Göbekli Tepe
9000 BC

A major Tsunami hits and wipes out one place, but in another it uncovers a city right out of the Vedic scriptures...

Dwaraka Sri Krishna's City home of the Flying Vimana's and super weapons of the Gods

And there is more...
Ancient City Found In India Irradiated By Nuclear Blast 8000 Years ...

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the
continent.

"A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe... An
incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all
its splendour...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.
"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and
nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned
white.
"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this
fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous.
A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three
square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the
site, where a housing development was being built.
For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of
birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of
radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the
Indian government has now cordoned off the region.
Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic
blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed
most of the buildings and probably a half-million people.

Proven - Rajasthan from 8,000 to 12,000 years
Rumored - Pyramids of Giza said to be over 10,000 years old (Rosicruicians)
Proven - Göbekli Tepe 9000 BC (11,000 years ago)
Proven - Dwarka first submerged 12,000 years ago
Rumored - Atlantis 9500 BC

Seems the Earth is giving up its secrets... rather rapidly these days

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Proven - Rajasthan from 8,000 to 12,000 years
Rumored - Pyramids of Giza said to be over 10,000 years old (Rosicruicians)
Proven - Göbekli Tepe 9000 BC (11,000 years ago)
Proven - Dwarka first submerged 12,000 years ago
Rumored - Atlantis 9500 BC

Seems the Earth is giving up its secrets... rather rapidly these days

add to this Teotihuacan.

the massive port on Lake Titicaca is well known and discussed in this forum. It is a marvel that people lived along those steppe's, farming them.

there are recent studies, however, that question this. dating of the strata in the steppe's show that they were farmed at different times, in succession, with the oldest being on bottom. almost like they were farming higher and higher to avoid an oncoming submersion.

i need to dig up the link so i don't screw up the details (more than i may have). i, too, am too tired. i feel ya on those long days.
my new house is nearing completion, so hopefully we can move soon and life can get back to normal. whatever normal is.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I accept your apology, but I suggest you consider that you were ready to jump down my throat sideways if I made any money off my website. this means using my website, using my bandwidth, viewing my free information, and voluntarily clicking ads on my site, would've generated me income that you would've called a marketing ploy. honestly, you need to think about what you're saying

[edit on 21-5-2008 by undo]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

My favorite though is the 'dial home device' found in an ancient pre Tibetan ruin

Interesting thing is these ruins have never been properly explore yet, due ti the situation in Tibet

Also for the SG 1 fans... you remember "Thor's Hammer"?

That underground complex with the hammer shaped pillars?

Well it seems a site in Turkey (that will most likely rewrite the archeology books
) has found a similar set up..

Göbekli Tepe
9000 BC

A major Tsunami hits and wipes out one place, but in another it uncovers a city right out of the Vedic scriptures...

Dwaraka Sri Krishna's City home of the Flying Vimana's and super weapons of the Gods

And there is more...
Ancient City Found In India Irradiated By Nuclear Blast 8000 Years ...

where are your sources? images are linked to YOUR own website which is not technically an external source..

btw.. that turkey picture is cgi where is an actual non cgi photo of this site?

Because I said so is not proof or valid basis. Where are your sources?

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join