It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you guys think about the U.S.A.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hi, I live in the U.S.A. and I was wondering what people from other countries think about the U.S.A., because I know there are many brainwashed Americans who believe we are a perfect country, and getting an opinion from someone from another country is a diffrent and better point of view. what do you guys think of America?........I think our government is trying to control many Americans by deception and fear.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by BigPimpin]

[edit on 5-6-2005 by BigPimpin]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
How would you define a perfect country though? Good weather (Guatemala)? Low crime (Iceland)? High GNP per capita (Luxembourg)? There isn't a perfect country in the world, all have good and bad points.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The USA looks like a very beautiful and diverse country. As for American people, I only know one, and he is a good lad.

As for American leaders...just like people in power all accross the globe, they seem to tell the people one thing and do another, they use their influence to further their own interests and generally take it for granted that the populace believe that the government serves the people...which I don't believe it does.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
i like the states. always have. the governmant of recent times however i have problems with. this whole looseing of freedoms thing realy is a bad thing. those freedoms are some of what i used to admire most about the states.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Love the USA, looks like a great place. Good people too, though some of them come of arrogant believing they are gods chosen people and nation.

However the US government I do not like, corporate corruption and corporate and religious lobbyists influencing politicians (it's so bad in the US the smart thing to do would be ban all corporate contributions and contributions over $1000), the 'war on terror', the arrogance of the Bush Administration, no proper socialized healthcare, poor public education system, the military-industrial complex etc etc etc.

What you will most likely find from every foreigner here is positive things about the American people but negative things about the US government.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
OK, heres a few reasons for not liking the US :

i) Fries. They are not called fries, they're called chips. When I go to the hotel restaurant in Orlando for the first time and get served CRISPS with my burger, well...

ii) The amount of interuprions within an American Football game. There is just no need. How can a game that has an on-field duration of 60 minutes take 4 HOURS to televise.

iii) Fanny. Where i'm from, you don't sit on yer fanny...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
HA HA HA KhieuSamphan very true. (congrats to Scotland 2-0 victory yesterday, good game to watch, too bad for ROI though)

I lived in Orlando for 12 years, from age 9-21. I recently moved back to England, because im English at heart, and I feel I just belong here.

I found the American children when I started school there to be quite rude and arrogant. My first day in school I had a kid keep flicking me in the ears and making fun of my clothing (Traditional English Adidas trackies and a nike top) So, after a few flicks at my ears, I turned around and as a nine year old Yorkshireman being raised on a council estate I said "F*(k off nobhead, ill knock you out" And then broke his nose and was suspended. This continued all through my schooling, until I got a car and was a soccer hero in highschool and became the cool kid. Overall though, Americans were quite friendly and inviting. Its just some of the rules I hated though. I could come back to England for the summer and go out drinking at age 15. In the U.S. they are strict beyond belief on drinking, you have to be 21 or get out. I mean, at 18 you can die for your country and vote for the future of it, but you can't have a beer. My fiance came to Florida with me last year, and was nearly arrested because she was arguing with Orlando Ale House about them not accepting her National Student I.D.

Also, Americans have stereotypes for every other country, maybe to make them seem so much better. Such as The british have bad teeth and horrible food, the french have hairy arm pits and don't bathe. Americans will be familiar with these. I just think that England is overall a more free and easy place to live, but we don't have as much activities here, which makes America a great place to visit, but I just can't live there.

RULE BRITTANIA!!

[edit on 5-6-2005 by DARKJEDIG]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I may only be 15, but when I think of the USA I always think of its military and its goverment. I couldnt care less about the social happenings because it s basically the same as here, though a bit harsher of course. I despise Bush and would avsoulutely love to see him out/lost/dead. And military wise I dont really like them, wow I can invade countries smaller and weaker than me, im hard. Pathetic. The US goverment does NOT rule the world o why in hell do0 they think they do, its all ''you cant do this'' (even though they did it even worse).

I wouldnt put it past Bush getting President for life or some other crap and invading some European contry, maybe England for example because we didnt help him in his ''lets wipe out the commies and muslims crusade'' or maybe even because we sold weaponary to the Afghans.

I dont hate America (much) and I certainly dont hate the fine people that live there so im terribly sorry if I offended anyone.

new topics

top topics

join