It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dreamt a pickaxe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't count this to be of any particular spooky significance, but I just thought it strange.

Last night, I dreamt of a pickaxe. I have a tool shed where I keep all of my implements. There's a pickaxe in there along with shovels, rakes, scythes, etc. Now, a pickaxe is a tool that I don't use often, but when I need it nothing else will do. Last nght in a dream I distinctly and vividly saw that pickaxe lying on its side by the door of my toolshed. I have not used that particular tool in a long time; can't remember the last time I even touched it.

This morning as I was dumping some stuff on one of my compost piles, I decided to do what I'd been considering for a long time; that is, build another compost bin. I had already selected a spot and knew how I was going to do it, but as I surveyed the area I saw a better alterntive that I'd not considered previously, partly because it's right next to some hard stone and partly because there's an old tree stump in the middle of where the bin would go. As I got to looking, though, I realized that the stone didn't encroach into where the bin would go, and the stump was rotten enough to bust up.

So I start to gather my tools and realize that I'll need ... the pickaxe. Like I said, I don't use it often, but when I do it's the only tool that'll do for the job. In this case, I wanted it to bust up that old stump. So, I went to the tool shed and fetched it. No, it wasn't lying on the floor where I'd dreamed it was; it was leaning against the wall right where it should have been.

Like I said, I don't attach any spooky significance to the dream. I just find it odd that I'd not touched or even really thought about that pickaxe in a long time, and in the wee hours of the morning of the day I finally dug it out of the tool shed to use it, I had a dream where it featured.

Strange, no?

:
edit on 2023 11 25 by AwakeNotWoke because: added photo.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Are you sure to be awake?

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It doesn't seem strange to me, you tell us you have been thinking of building a compost pile for some time so perhaps in your conscious and or unconscious pushed to your pre-conscious via dreaming what would be required to build the compost pile. The mind works in understandable ways.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

It doesn't seem strange to me, you tell us you have been thinking of building a compost pile for some time so perhaps in your conscious and or unconscious pushed to your pre-conscious via dreaming what would be required to build the compost pile. The mind works in understandable ways.

I reckon that's a possible; though I'd never thought of building the bin where I finally decided, and where I was going to build it there was only soft dirt, so the pickaxe would not have been needed there. And I really hadn't thought of starting that new bin today. That was a spur of the moment thing.

I decided to build the new one right up against an already existing one, which will save me a pallet and part of the construction effort. That had never occured to me as it seemed a bad spot until looked at it closely ths morning.

What I'm saying is that there was no plan to start on the new bin today, and even if there had been, there was initially no need forhte pickaxe, just my round-headed and square headed shovels.

:
edit on 2023 11 25 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

I reckon that's a possible; though I'd never thought of building the bin where I finally decided, and where I was going to build it there was only soft dirt, so the pickaxe would not have been needed there. And I really hadn't thought of starting that new bin today. That was a spur of the moment thing.

I decided to build the new one right up against an already existing one, which will save me a pallet and part of the construction effort. That had never occured to me as it seemed a bad spot until looked at it closely ths morning.

What I'm saying is that there was no plan to start on the new bin today, and even if there had been, there was initially no need forhte pickaxe, just my round-headed and square headed shovels.

:

Or, it was in the back of your mind before you went to sleep that in the morning you needed to drop that stuff off at the compost bin area and the pickaxe symbol may have brought up the other back in your mind thinking about building the compost bin. See what I am getting at?

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Oh, yeah. Not discounting what you say.

Matter of fact, that'd be more amazing to me than if there were some spooky paranormal time-travelling connection.

The human mind really is an amazing machine.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke
a reply to: quintessentone

Oh, yeah. Not discounting what you say.

Matter of fact, that'd be more amazing to me than if there were some spooky paranormal time-travelling connection.

The human mind really is an amazing machine.

Kudos to you for building the compost bin.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Kudos to you for building the compost bin.

We compost everything. And I do mean everything. Nothing organic from our kitchen ever goes into the trash bin. Most of our waste water is repurposed, or its use completely eliminated by the implementation of other means of processing waste.

We're saving literally thousands and thousands of gallons of water a year by doing this. Even our dish water is collected and re-purposed to keep the compost piles moist so that the decomposition continues uninterrupted. We use biodegradable soaps so we can put most of our waste water back into the environment in some way. With the system we use, we shower in 3 to 4 gallons of water and get good and clean. The shower water also is repurposed.

We're in the midst of a multi-year drought so this is more critical to me, but I'd be doing it anyway.

I've yet to harvest my first batch of fertilzer, but it's coming soon.

:

edit on 2023 11 25 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

new topics

top topics

join