It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP senator says Trump should drop out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Link

And so it begins. First the very conservative Federalist Society members came out with a legal opinion that Trump is disqualified from holding office, or even running a candidacy, and now a week later a GOP senator comes out saying Trump should drop out of the race. Probably just the first to say so.

Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy described the case against former President Donald Trump for allegedly mishandling classified documents as “almost a slam dunk” and said he thinks Trump should drop out of the 2024 presidential race.

“I mean, you’re just asking me my opinion. But he will lose to Joe Biden, if you look at the current polls,” he told CNN’s Kasie Hunt on “State of the Union.”

“I think any Republican on that stage in Milwaukee will do a better job than Joe Biden. And so I want one of them to win. If former President Trump ends up getting the nomination, but cannot win a general, that means we will have four more years of policies which have led to very high inflation … and to many other things which I think have been deleterious to our country’s future,” the Louisiana senator said.

Granted, Cassidy has voted against Trump before, but he is not wrong here. If Trump cannot win a general election then he is the wrong choice for the GOP. Cassidy doesn't even go into whether it's legal for Trump to run or not, he just thinks it's a bad idea overall because Trump is not a winning choice.

Will you support Trump all the way, even if it gives Biden 4 more years?

edit on 20-8-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany
Yeah
Every one should listen to neocon rinos on cnn…..

More money for Ukrain!!!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Opinions are like A-Holes, everyone has one.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

And they all stink!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

And yet you guys would be #ting yourselves in joy if AOC said the same thing about Biden.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately for this senator, what he doesn't understand at all, is that it is NOT UP TO HIM. It's up to the American electorate, and WE THE PEOPLE decide this. Not the senate, nor the house. This has been lost on them all.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare
Like she ever has a coherent thought

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They’re starting to panic now.

😂

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You do realize everyone is laughing at you, not with you... right?

originally posted by: Mahogany

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

And yet you guys would be #ting yourselves in joy if AOC said the same thing about Biden.

She already has said a few things, and wouldn't commit to backing Biden for reelection. Guess what? NO ONE CARED!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Every Republican and I know does not want Trump to be the nominee. The people I know who are Republicans are not Maga hat wearing wrap your car in a flag sort, though.

edit on 20-8-2023 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
hard to say who pays for these blister comments

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I think it’s obvious to those paying attention, Biden isn’t going to make it four more years.

The Democrats best chance of redeeming themselves is with Kennedy, but just like Trump, the deep state will not be having that. They cannot risk Kennedy disarming the CIA financially and the cannot let a vengeful Trump back in who will uncover the real story of Ukraine/ Biden, and why Biden would do sinister things like send Billions to Ukraine on the back of Maui aid.
How many Billions do they need?
This seems more like a payoff that the Big Guy needs to make periodically because he is trying every angle to get Ukraine more money at regular intervals.

I like Ramaswamy but I am afraid his only chance this 4 years is VP with Trump.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Unfortunately for this senator, what he doesn't understand at all, is that it is NOT UP TO HIM. It's up to the American electorate, and WE THE PEOPLE decide this. Not the senate, nor the house. This has been lost on them all.

It's not lost on them. They know exactly how you feel. They also know there aren't enough of you to win like you did in 2016.

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If you “look at the poles” Trump is running away with the nomination in every single one of them with all other candidates barely breaking out of double digits if at all… not a single one of them stands a chance in a fair election and if the same crap goes on in 2024 as 2020/22 they have no shot at all… so yeah… let’s get rid of the only guy that can possibly beat PedoPete the totally squeakiest cleanest most upstanding (and popular) President ever… 🤣🤣🤣
edit on 20-8-2023 by SwissMarked because: 🫷🏾💩🫸🏾

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's not lost on them. They know exactly how you feel. They also know there aren't enough of you to win like you did in 2016.

That's what they said in 2016

Read my sig.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What is your intention with this post? We all know that Trump isn't well regarded by the GOP establishment. Well, the GOP establishment isn't well regarded by the base any more.

Because they may as well be democrats.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Because they may as well be democrats.

A large portion of them are, they just haven't changed their party affiliation.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy described the case against former President Donald Trump for allegedly mishandling classified documents as “almost a slam dunk”

Will you support Trump all the way, even if it gives Biden 4 more years?

Well, seeing as how Biden did the exact same thing on a much larger scale for far longer before being caught, I can't imagine anyone being so obtuse as to vote for him....not that I really believe he'll be around in 2024, let alone running for POTUS again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join